First Warstory (Little Cup)

LITTLE CUP WARSTORY

Introduction:
So I was just testing my new LC team on the ladder when I came up against Sledge Hammer. I had only been playing LC for a few days so after a quick look at the leaderboard I found that he was number 12. Now I knew that he wasn’t going to be amazing but I also knew he would be a lot more experienced than me so I prepared myself for a hard battle.

Our teams are at the end if you want to look at them now or see the battle as I did just read on.

Rules:
Ladder Match, Sleep Clause, Freeze Clause,
OHKO Clause, Evasion Clause, Species Clause,
Strict Damage Clause, Little Cup Clause

All Moves and switches will be in bold.
All Comments will be in Blue.
Scores will be in Italics.

Sledge Hammer sent out Wailmer.
Porygon-D sent out Meowth.

I was using a standard Meowth set for a lead so I went for the obvious move: Fake out.

Meowth used Fake Out.
Wailmer lost 48% of its health.
Meowth lost 5% of its health.
Wailmer flinched!

I didn’t know whether it would be a bulky or scarfed wailmer as I still didn’t know all of the standard sets for LC Pokémon however I was basing it on its evolution Wailord. I knew that either way he wouldn’t KO me if he had a scarf and that my next move would definitely kill him so I went ahead and pressed Bite.

Wailmer used Ice Beam.
Meowth lost 74% of its health.
Meowth used Bite.
Wailmer lost 52% of its health.
Sledge Hammer's Wailmer fainted.

6-5
Sledge Hammer switched in Growlithe.

I had drawn first blood and was settling into the game now. I could have left Meowth in for death fodder but I knew that with its speed it could be useful later whether it was as simply death fodder, to scout an opponent or send an opponent to sleep. I decided to switch into my reliable Stealth Rock user who also countered Growlithe pretty damn well.

Porygon-D switched in Kabuto .
Growlithe used Fire Blast.
It's not very effective...
Kabuto lost 23% of its health.
Kabuto was burned!
Kabuto was hurt by its burn!
Kabuto lost 9% of its health.

It sucked that I got the burn but I decided that a STABed Aqua Jet would do some decent damage so I went for it thinking that he probably couldn’t KO me and I could set up rocks in the turn after.

Sledge Hammer switched in Croagunk (lvl 5 Croagunk ♂).
Kabuto used Aqua Jet.
Kabuto was hurt by its burn!
Kabuto lost 9% of its health.

He out predicts me and switches into Croagunk as I was using the obvious move. Looking back I wish I had used Earth Power as it would not be affected by the burn and would still do a lot of damage to Growlithe. It would then have also hurt this Croagunk pretty badly. I now realised that Maybe I wouldn’t be setting rocks up this battle so I decided to leave Kabuto in as death fodder.

Croagunk used Vacuum Wave.
It's super effective!
Kabuto lost 59% of its health.
Porygon-D's Kabuto fainted.
Kabuto's Oran Berry restored health!
Croagunk lost 9% of its health

5-5

I didn’t want to show too much of my team straight away so I switched back to my faithful lead and used the move which makes it so good. A STAB Priority Move with guaranteed flinching.

Porygon-D switched in Meowth.
Meowth used Fake Out.
Croagunk lost 50% of its health.
Croagunk flinched!

I now knew that the Vacuum Wave was coming so I switched to the Pokémon on my team that was immune to it. I was hoping I may be able to scare him out if his only move that could hurt me was Sucker Punch.

Porygon-D switched in Misdreavus.
Croagunk used Vacuum Wave.
It doesn't affect Misdreavus...

I am now thinking that he may switch or use Sucker Punch so I sub to check what he is going to do and see if I can set up.

Misdreavus used Substitute.
Misdreavus lost 23% of its health.
Misdreavus made a substitute!
Croagunk used Pursuit.
It's super effective!
The substitute took damage for Misdreavus!
Misdreavus's substitute faded!

Ok so he has pursuit which means I won’t be setting up any time soon so I decide to just dispose of his Croagunk.

Misdreavus used Shadow Ball.
Croagunk lost 41% of its health.
Sledge Hammer's Croagunk fainted.

5-4
Sledge Hammer switched in Growlithe.

He brought in his Growlithe again and I didn’t want Misdreavus being weakened any more so I switched into the Pokémon I knew could take anything thrown at it easily and be the perfect counter.

Porygon-D switched in Wailmer.
Growlithe used Crunch.
Wailmer lost 35% of its health.

All went as planned so I was thinking he would probably switch out at this point. I went for the Water Spout anyway as I knew it would hurt anything switching in pretty badly even though I was at 65% Health. I guess surf was a better option but at the time I went for water spout out of habit.

Wailmer used Water Spout.
It's super effective!
Growlithe lost 100% of its health.
Sledge Hammer's Growlithe fainted.

5-3
Sledge Hammer switched in Magnemite

On seeing Magnemite I had to think for a bit. I looked at Magnemites stats and decided that I probably had a chance to OHKO. I didn’t run any calcs as I didn’t know what I would do if it didn’t KO anyway at this point.

Wailmer used Water Spout.
Magnemite lost 95% of its health.
Magnemite used Thunderbolt.
It's super effective!
Wailmer lost 65% of its health.
Porygon-D's Wailmer fainted.

4-3

I was so close to OHKOing but missed out by 1 HP. I thought for a bit and decided to bring out that Meowth again. It would probably be able to take out the Magneton 1 on 1. I went for the Fake out as it was the obvious thing to do at the time but seeing as Bite probably would have KOed Magneton I should have gone for that as a safer option.

Sledge Hammer switched in Gastly.
Meowth used Fake Out.
It doesn't affect Gastly...

Now he had got his Gastly in for free and it scared me a bit but I knew one Pokémon that could take a few hits from it so I switched into Munchlax.

Porygon-D switched in Munchlax.
Gastly used Sludge Bomb.
Munchlax lost 44% of its health.
Munchlax's leftovers restored its health a little!
Munchlax restored 6% of its health.

Munchlax didn’t take that as well as I had hoped. I have my own set on this which is slightly bulkier than a regular Physical sweeping Munchlax but still had decent fire power. I now hoped that he would switch thinking it would be hard to take me down but he must have known I had pursuit as he stayed in and Sludge Bombed me.

Gastly used Sludge Bomb.
Munchlax lost 50% of its health.
Munchlax was poisoned!
Munchlax used Pursuit.
It's super effective!
Gastly lost 75% of its health.
Munchlax's leftovers restored its health a little!
Munchlax restored 6% of its health.
Munchlax is hurt by poison!
Munchlax lost 12% of its health.

I did a decent amount of damage to bring it low enough to be KOed by any priority moves. The problem was that the only priority moves I have on this team are not effective on a ghost type or that Pokémon is dead. I decided to let my Munchlax die as death fodder anyway.

Gastly used Sludge Bomb.
Munchlax lost 6% of its health.
Porygon-D's Munchlax fainted.

3-3

Now I decided that my best bet was to use a full health Pokémon to hopefully take the hit and then KO it back. I decided Magby could probably just about take a Sludge Bomb.

Porygon-D switched in Magby.
Gastly used Sludge Bomb.
Magby lost 86% of its health.
Magby was poisoned!
Magby used Flamethrower.
Gastly lost 25% of its health.
Sledge Hammer's Gastly fainted.
Magby lost 10% of its health.
Magby is hurt by poison!
Magby lost 5% of its health.
Porygon-D's Magby fainted.

2-2

Now I knew that if he brought in his Magnemite, I could KO it with Fake out and if he brought in his other Pokémon I could Hypnosis it with Meowth so I went ahead and switched it in.

Sledge Hammer switched in Magnemite.
Meowth used Fake Out.
It's not very effective...
Magnemite lost 5% of its health.
Sledge Hammer's Magnemite fainted.

I then killed off his Magnemite and I could almost taste victory. I could put his last Pokémon to sleep and kill it off with Misdreavus. I braced myself for what he might bring out.

Sledge Hammer switched in Gligar.

My smile faded as I realised that if he managed to beat my Meowth now he could easily outspeed and KO my Misdreavus so in my mad panic I went for the Hypnosis hoping that I would win the speed tie. I couldn’t believe that a match that I felt I had dominated had come down to a speed tie.

Gligar used Night Slash.
Porygon-D's Meowth fainted.

I knew it was the end now as I sent in my Misdreavus to die.

Porygon-D switched in Misdreavus.
Gligar used Night Slash.
It's super effective!
Misdreavus lost 77% of its health.
Porygon-D's Misdreavus fainted.
Sledge Hammer wins!

It was a good match and I really enjoyed it. I wish I had won the speed tie which effectively decided the match but I guess it was the match that counted not who won.

Props:
• Meowth for always being there to switch in and annoy/weaken the hell out of all of his Pokémon even though he was on such low health from the beginning.
• Magby for taking out that Gastly that worried me so much.
• Munchlax for weakening the Gastly to bring it within KO range for Magby.
• Him for keeping Gligar secret till then end.
• You for reading! =]

Slops
• Kabuto for not doing much in this match.
• The whole match for coming down to a speed tie
• Me for not thinking through my moves when they mattered

My team:

His team:

Put some pics in with the poke's amount of HP left under them. The warstory didn't draw me in. The end was a dissapointment. This should also be in the Little cup section of Stark. 2.5/10

Wow you guys are fast I hadn't even finished yet I was going to do the sprites after each turn but I couldn't work out where to put them. I am now working on a health update thing for every couple of turns. Give me a few minutes.

I was wondering whether to put this in the LC section but other LC warstories have gone here so I put it here. If any mods see this can you please move it to the correct place.

If I'm not mistaken, this should stay in Stark like all warstories. I may be wrong though.

About the battle - just because a battle was colse doesn't mean it's warstoryable, which in your case you just picked a standard battle that turned out close. You need to pick a battle with prediction, strategy and more, not a "he switched out, I KO'd, he revenge killed me" battle. Your comments weren't so far from the log either. Maybe next time take these into account.

Blue Tornado is correct about close doesn't mean warstory. Say we had a battle and I had an SD Luke. You killed all of my pokemon but SD Luke without any of your pokemon dying. Then SD Luke dances and sweeps. That's not warstoryable.

So should I just leave it to die now? I can't be bothered to make up health charts etc if its just going to get negative comments anyway. I personally enjoyed the battle therefore I made a warstory about it.

Wow you guys are fast I hadn't even finished yet I was going to do the sprites after each turn but I couldn't work out where to put them. I am now working on a health update thing for every couple of turns. Give me a few minutes.

I was wondering whether to put this in the LC section but other LC warstories have gone here so I put it here. If any mods see this can you please move it to the correct place.
If your having trouble on where to put them,Put the sprite after the turn and before the commetary.

anyway about the warstory.The commetary was so-so and the battle was decent.But the lack of percentage is a let down.

6.2/10

The commentary wasn't very deep, there was a good amount of hax, and no part of the battle was particularly exciting. Not the greatest warstory or representation of the Little Cup Metagame.

I was playing Sledgehammer's team yesterday on the ladder, and it was frustrating that almost everyone was scarfed, which really boiled the game down into just random guessing than something with a greater degree of thought. These kinds of battles need to be recorded, because an accurate picture of the metagame includes everything, not just the bog standard teams we see craploads of in the warstories. So you get points there for including an unorthodox team, even if it was your opponent's.

However, the presentation wasn't the best for reasons stated above, and the comments could have been better. But its worth noting that battles like this don't lend themselves to great warstories in general, so some of the bad stuff wasn't your fault.

I rated you 3 stars. Overall it was ok, but I hope to see better from you in the future.

Decent Warstory, especially for your first try. The more experienced you get with Little Cup the more you'll realize "Oh, this happens all the time". Pokemon surviving and winning the match with 1 HP left isn't uncommon.

Still, decent for a first try. Obviously sprites and %'s would help ^_^.

Also, this does belong in the LC stark section.

Just a little nitpick. The battle didn't actually end up coming down to a speed tie due to my gligar being scarfed, but other than that I'd say it was a legit warstory, but yeah next time you should include sprites and percentages and such because it make warstorys much easier to follow along with.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 0)