Latios (M) @ Soul Dew
Ability: Levitate
EVs: 252 SpA / 4 SpD / 252 Spe
Timid Nature
- Draco Meteor
- Psyshock
- Hidden Power Fire
- Memento

Latios is just a great monster to punch holes in teams with. Draco Meteor is the main damage dealer, and Psyshock hits specially defensive mons harder. HP Fire does heavy damage to most steel types. Memento is there if GeoXern switches in after a Draco, since this team lacks a good Xerneas check besides Primal Groudon.

Genesect @ Choice Scarf
Ability: Download
EVs: 252 Atk / 4 SpD / 252 Spe
Hasty Nature
- Iron Head
- U-turn
- Extreme Speed
- Explosion

Originally I had a Latias in this spot, but after getting swept by a Darkrai, I decided I needed something faster than Darkrai, and decided to go with Genesect. Iron Head is basically just for Xerneas, I can 2hko it if it switches in on an Iron Head. U-turn is a great move obviously, it provides momentum and gives me the bug stab that OHKOs Darkrai. E-Speed is good priority, and it hits decently hard after an attack boost from Download. Explosion hits harder on virtually every pokemon than the other 3 attacks, and is an OHKO on a ton of frailer pokemon, which is really useful at times.

Kangaskhan-Mega (F) @ Kangaskhanite
Ability: Parental Bond
EVs: 252 Atk / 4 SpD / 252 Spe
Jolly Nature
- Fake Out
- Crunch
- Sucker Punch
- Body Slam

Mega Kangaskhan is probably my favorite mega, and it was the first pokemon on this team. Having the power of a choice band, while getting multi hit moves is almost too good. Fake Out + Sucker Punch is good double priority, and allows me to take out some frailer pokemons before they can even hit. Crunch VS Earthquake was kind of a hard choice to make, but in the end, I went with Crunch because the 36% chance of defense drop was really handy sometimes, it let me get through some physical walls that would have been hard to get through without Crunch. Body Slam is such an amazing move on Mega Kangaskhan, 85 power STAB off of an essentially 212 base attack hits really hard, and the 51% chance of paralysis is great, allowing it to cripple some pokemon that set up on it like Xerneas or Mega Salamence.

Arceus @ Earth Plate
Ability: Multitype
EVs: 188 HP / 68 SpA / 252 Spe
Timid Nature
- Judgment
- Will-O-Wisp
- Defog
- Recover

Very standard Groundceus. 188 HP evs lets it have a 50% chance to take a +2 Moonblast from Xerneas while having enough to take a +1 Adamant Mega Salamence Return, max speed is to outspeed or tie other Arceus', and the rest is put into Special Attack to do max judgment damage. Judgment lets it take out Primal Groudons and Steel types. Will-O-Wisp stops physical attackers right in their tracks, and Recover is there for more survivability.

Groudon-Primal @ Red Orb
Ability: Desolate Land
EVs: 252 HP / 4 Atk / 252 Def
Impish Nature
- Roar
- Stealth Rock
- Thunder Wave
- Precipice Blades

Groudon is my main check to pretty much all physical attackers, and a decent Xerneas check provided it doesnt have too much damage. Roar is the main way he counters Xerneas/EKiller, and Thunder Wave lets to stop sweepers not named Arceus and other Primal Groudons. This is the only mon I could find space for SR, and its a bulky PDon, so SR fits well. The last slot is to hit things hard, since even minimally invested, Primal Groudon still has more attack than 252 Adamant Garchomp.

Xerneas @ Power Herb
Ability: Fairy Aura
EVs: 180 HP / 28 Def / 252 SpA / 48 Spe
Modest Nature
- Geomancy
- Focus Blast
- Moonblast
- Hidden Power [Fire]

Xerneas is the main sweeper of this team. Max special attack because more damage is always better. 28 defense is so its Defense is higher than Special Defense, so Genesects dont get a boost to their Iron Head. 48 speed outspeeds +Speed Scarf Genesect, and the rest goes into HP for more bulk. The biggest problem I'll have is usually Ho-Oh, so I'll try to damage those a decent amount, or keep rocks up before I geomancy. Focus Blast is primarily for Primal Groudon, and HP Fire is for steel types that can often threaten to OHKO me, since Focus Blast has shaky accuracy.

So how is it?

Hey guy, very nice team.
The problem is that your only check to physical attackers is PDon who doesn't have any way to recover health.
I also would like to know who are the threats of your team to help you.
Also where are your on the ladder ?
IMO for Xern you should choose between FocusMiss and HP Fire and add Thunder/TBolt for Ho-Oh, Kyogre and Lugia

That's all.

Right now I'm at 1531 on the ubers ladder.
Arceus Ground checks most physical attackers I think, it can take hits from +1 salamences and +2 e killers, and then burn them back.
I guess ill pick HP fire for xern, since arc takes care of pdons
thanks for the advice

IMO you should play Klefki as your team is very weak to GeoXern but I don't know instead of what :/
IMO Groundceus isn't the best physical tank (especially with these evs) and you should play Giratina-O instead as it has a great synergy with your other physical wall (PDon)

Giratina-Origin @ Griseous Orb
Ability: Levitate
252 Def/76 Spe and the rest in SpA/Atk as you prefer.

- Draco Meteor
- Shadow Sneak
- Defog
- Will-O-Wisp

It checks PDon and EKiller really well and is a realiable Defogger but it doesn't have any way to recover health.

Lemonade

WOOPAGGING
is a Site Content Manager Alumnusis a Team Rater Alumnusis a Social Media Contributor Alumnusis an Artist Alumnusis a Forum Moderator Alumnusis a Top Contributor Alumnusis a Smogon Media Contributor Alumnus
One thing you could try is switching Arceus-Ground for Ghost and using 252 HP / 56 Def / 200 SpD Sassy Primal Groudon. The problem with physically defensive PDon on your team is you need it for both EKiller and Xerneas (although Xerneas does have difficulty setting up, especially with Memento screwing it up. However, you don't necessarily want to to immediately lose Latios just because Xerneas comes in), and both of these are pretty common on the ladder on the same team. Also, you can probably just choose one of Thunder Wave or Roar on Groudon, as both serve similar purposes with regards to checking Xerneas and having another coverage move is really useful. Thunder Wave is pretty nice for your team, allowing Kanga to outspeed otherwise faster threats and Genesect to revenge kill Xerneas. With TWave support you could also run the more powerful Return on Kanga, but that's up to you. With regard to the other move, Lava Plume is nice for Steel-types, but Stone Edge or Dragon Claw could also work because you have Fire-type coverage anyway. If you use Lava Plume, consider Focus Blast on Xerneas so you can deal more damage to Primal Groudon, which your team can wear down fairly easily.

Not having Arceus Ground makes you a bit weaker to Primal Groudon because you can't OHKO it, so it's more important never to let it do anything for free, but since none of your Pokemon are weak to PBlades you shouldn't feel threatened out. You just have to be more wary of being locked into Iron Head or using Draco Meteor freely.

Last nitpicks, Xern only needs 44 EVs to outspeed Gene (245 -> 490, Scarf hits 326*1.5 = 489). Also consider Earthquake again on Kanga if you are having some trouble with Primal Groudon. Finally, maybe use Earthquake on Primal Groudon since you are running a defensive set and not missing is nice when trying to wear things down.

Groudon-Primal @ Red Orb
Ability: Desolate Land
EVs: 252 HP / 56 Def / 200 SpD
Sassy Nature
- Lava Plume
- Stealth Rock
- Thunder Wave
- Precipice Blades / Earthquake

Arceus @ Spooky Plate
Ability: Multitype
EVs: 252 HP / 4 SpA / 252 Spe
Timid Nature
- Judgment
- Will-O-Wisp
- Defog
- Recover

8-BIT Luster

Completely Unviable
Your team is really solid tbh.
However, your team has a few sets that could be reworked.
Firstly, 2 of your Pokemon are only running mono-ground coverage, which could be an issue.
like Lemonade said, you want to be ruNning Lava Plume over either Roar or T-Wave. I'd suggest actually replacing t-Wave, as you have a little bit of trouble with crap like Refresh EKiller and roar lets you stop boosters like Power-up Punch Mega Kangaskhan. I'd also go for Earthquake over precipice blades, as you dont want to miss and Earthquake still hits surprisingly hard as it is.

If you want, you could replace Defog on Arceus-Ground (assuming you keep it) with Ice Beam, as ice beam destroys Mega Salamence and Rayquaza, even without Special Attack investment, which you really don't even need. you can invest in defense instead to help take EKiller Extreme Speeds and PDon Earthquakes or physical moves better, as Ground Arceus is for checking PDon. Defog would then go on Latios over Hidden Power Fire.
other than that, Lemonade covered everything.

Good luck!
EDIT: Change Primal Groudon's spread to a Specially Defensive spread with a Careful nature (lava plume is there for the burn and still hits hard.) This lets you better take on GeoXern and is generally preferred. You can speed creep as much or as little as you want.
also try using Ice Beam over Extreme Speed on Genesect. Blaze Kick could work too. Its really just for coverage.

Last edited:
I think it would be better to run Ice Beam instead of Extreme Speed on Genesect because E-Speed on a Scarfer ... I'm not sure it is very powerful.
And Ice Beam helps a lot because every team as 1/2 Dragons and 1/2 Flying type.
And if you want you can play Sleep Talk on it to counter Darkrai.

Hope it helped :]

haxiom

God's not dead.
is a Top Team Rater Alumnusis a Forum Moderator Alumnusis a Community Contributor Alumnusis a Contributor Alumnus
Hey ?? what do i do,

This is a pretty nice team. You got some decent rates already. I agree with Lemonade about some of the sets such as the Groudon spread being 248 HP / 56 Def / 204 SpD with a Relaxed nature, I just shifted one EV point to get an odd HP value. I also agree with what a few people have said about Thunder Wave and Roar being not useful together. You're a little bit weak to Ho-Oh, so running Stone Edge over one of those is probably the best, though Lava Plume is not bad by any means. If you do go with Arceus-Ghost from Lemonade's rate, definitely run Roost over HP Fire on Latios though- you really need the longevity to deal with Groudon consistently and relieve pressure from your own Groudon for Kyogre. I also think HP Fire is a bit redundant with Focus Blast on you Geomancy Xerneas, so replacing one with Thunder is probably a good idea. There are some flaws with Yveltal, Arceus-Ghost, and Ho-Oh still, so I mean you could always play with Arceus-Rock for the birds, but it does make you weaker to Ekiller, while you cannot change to Gira-O without making yourself weak to Kyogre. Thus, the build is going to be a bit flawed regardless.

Good luck!

e: a) I didn't see it and b) you slashed tbolt which you should never use

Last edited:

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 0)