SS RU First try at team bulding

Hi! Im new at this, so after a little bit of research I created my own Hyper-Offense Team. Any tips and sugerations?
Mimik should be the sweeper. Starmie is there to help me with G.Weez who was walling me all the time.
Thanks!
Mimikyu @ Life Orb

Ability: Disguise

EVs: 252 Atk / 4 Def / 252 Spe

Jolly Nature

- Swords Dance

- Play Rough

- Shadow Sneak

- Shadow Claw

Golisopod @ Heavy-Duty Boots

Ability: Emergency Exit

EVs: 172 HP / 252 Atk / 84 Spe

Adamant Nature

- First Impression

- Spikes

- Liquidation

- Knock Off

Froslass @ Focus Sash

Ability: Cursed Body

EVs: 4 HP / 252 SpA / 252 Spe

Timid Nature

- Spikes

- Taunt

- Icy Wind

- Destiny Bond

Starmie @ Life Orb

Ability: Analytic

EVs: 4 Def / 252 SpA / 252 Spe

Serious Nature

IVs: 0 Atk

- Surf

- Ice Beam

- Grass Knot

- Psychic

Raikou @ Heavy-Duty Boots

Ability: Pressure

EVs: 252 SpA / 4 SpD / 252 Spe

Timid Nature

- Volt Switch

- Thunderbolt

- Scald

- Aura Sphere

Obstagoon @ Flame Orb

Ability: Guts

EVs: 252 Atk / 4 SpD / 252 Spe

Jolly Nature

- Facade

- Knock Off

- Close Combat

- Switcheroo

Mimikyu

Why: The safty net mimik gives ensures at least 1boost. EV spreads are there to maximize speed and atack power. Play Rough and Shadow Claw are there for powerfull stab moves, and shadow sneak to pick up faster targets like low HP Crobat or Chandelure

Golisopod
Why: One of my favorite mons, i wanted to include him for that reason. I use it as a revenge killer with it´s +2 priority move.Knock of to punish switches and liquidation for stab. Spykes is mostly there for filler, im open to suggestions.
Ev´s are focus to ensure bulk and off. pressure

Froslass

Why: My suicide lead, usefull to block spiners and set up spykes. Destiny bond is there to trade 1x1 if the enemy doesnt play around it, generating a offensive preasure. Taunt to prevent hazards and to prevent been use as a set-up oportunity. Icy wind is for filler
Speed EV´s to ensure priority over most mons.

Starmie
Why: This is the mon im more doubtfull about. I choose it to help me break some walls, especially G.Weez that walled me pretty hard. Ice beam helps with Flygon and Surf with Metagross.
Ev´s aim to make Starmie fast and hard hitting

Raikou
Why: I previously had Xurxtree but I changed for Raikou for flexibility. Some times is really lacking on the dmg spectrum but it´s a really usefull pivot, especially to help goon come in and proc guts hability.
Thunderbolt for STAB. Volt por pivot. Scald for predicting switches to ground types, with a chance to cripple. Lastly aura sphere to hit mons like Steelix and goon.
EV: Aim to be speady and hard hitting.

Obstagoon
Why: Another of my all time favorite mons, in design and usage. A Wall Breaker with a lot of favorable matches, like metagross, Milotic.
Facade for stronger move, Close Combat is usefull for incoming cobalions. Knock off KO Metagross and for some times knock of Choice Items or Leftovers. Swicheroo is my least used move, is kinda filler but some times gives obsta a little bit of utilty.
EVS: I choose max atack to ensure KO that sometimes where % dependant.

Im not quite sure if im getting the archetipe right, so any suggestions are really welcomed. Thanks!

Last edited by a moderator:

ShuckleDeath

They call me the kign of typos
is a Team Rater Alumnusis a Forum Moderator Alumnus
Hi, welcome to Smogon! I am locking your RMT for the time being as the forum rules require that you provide at least three lines of descriptions for each Pokemon to explain their roles. Please read the rules carefully and look at Team Showcase to see the detail we require. PM me with updated descriptions, and I will be happy to unlock this.

Why did you choose this mon
What do the EV spreads do and why do you have it
What are all 4 moves for

Dead by Daylight

are we the last living souls
is a Contributor to Smogon
I'm not a mainly RU player (I play Monotype mostly) but let me try to help you.

Starmie ----> Chandelure

Chandelure has a good number of options that make it viable. First off, its typing lets it hit Heracross hard, while resisting both of its STABs. Golisopod may be able to do that, too, but it would force a possibly unfavorable switch. Secondly, your team appears to get walled by Substitute, as a HO team is highly prone to status ailments. Chandelure has Infiltrator to deal with that. So, besides resisting Water, what can Starmie do (side note: Froslass also hits Flygon with Icy Wind)?

Raikou ----> Incineroar

While this would lose you your Electric-type, it would give you a better pivot. Incineroar is quite strong and ignores Defense boosts for Darkest Lariat, making it a good weapon. It also has Parting Shot in its toolkit, which can let you get a Mimikyu in on a debuffed opponent and set up.

Chandelure @ Choice Specs
Ability: Infiltrator
Timid Nature
- Flamethrower
- Shadow Ball
- Psychic
- Energy Ball

Incineroar @ Life Orb
Ability: Intimidate
EVs: 252 HP / 252 Atk / 4 SpD
Adamant Nature
- Darkest Lariat
- Close Combat
- Flare Blitz
- Parting Shot

Hi, here are some recommendations to improve the team. I don't think this is very far off and it seems pretty decent.

:Mimikyu:Shadow Claw/Play Rough<Drain Punch
Mimikyu is a staple on hyper offense and very good, but Mimikyu really should have Drain Punch, the extra damage against Steel-types like Registeel and Steelix is really notable, 2HKOing them both once boosted, and the recovery can be pretty useful. Drain Punch can be run over Shadow Claw or Play Rough, Fairy STAB is not at all a necessity.

:Golisopod: :Froslass:< :Heracross:
Golisopod doesn't really see play on hyper offense. Losing momentum with First Impression and giving opportunities to fast pivots like Noivern and Crobat doesn't seem great for hyper offense, and I think there're simply better options. I don't love Frosslass since there are other Spikes setters like Heracross and Roserade which are better Pokemon beyond the vacuum of Spikes. I feel compressing some of the roles of Froslass and Golisopod into Heracross would be a good idea, and this would free up an extra slot. You could also keep Froslass and remove Golisopod, since pod doesn't have a strong place on hyper offense teams, I still think Heracross would be better though.
Heracross @ Focus Sash
Ability: Guts
Jolly Nature
- Close Combat
- Megahorn
- Stone Edge
- Spikes

:Obstagoon: Switcheroo<Obstruct
I think Obstruct is generally a better idea for Obstagoon on very offensive teams like this. Being able to safely activate your Flame Orb on a team style which does not want to give the opponent free turns is important, and it can block opposing Golisopod's First Impression.

:raikou:
I think Raikou was a fine idea to have on your team, I don't really think Incineroar should be there. The Choice Scarf Togekiss and Crobat check in Raikou seems valuable and its still an effective pivot. Also Life Orb Incineroar really isn't it.
Raikou @ Heavy-Duty Boots
Ability: Inner Focus
Timid Nature
- Thunderbolt
- Volt Switch
- Scald
- Toxic

:Flygon:
I really really feel that hyper offense teams should fit a Ground-type, usually Flygon. Without a Ground-type it can be especially easy for Heavy-Duty Boots Electric-types like Heliolisk and Raikou to wear down your team and win. There should be a free slot thanks to compressing Froslass and Golisopod earlier Heracross into one from earlier
Flygon @ Life Orb
Ability: Levitate
Adamant Nature
- Earthquake
- Dragon Dance
- Stone Edge
- Dragon Claw

:Starmie: < :Sharpedo:
In terms of offensive Water-types on hyper offense Sharpedo is king and I think it should replace Starmie. Speed boost means that even the pertinent Choice Scarf Flygon cannot revenge kill it super safely. Sure it can't threaten Milotic super well, but this team seems to have adequate tools for that. I elected for a Special set to better get past Gweezing.
Sharpedo @ Life Orb
Ability: Rough Skin
EVs: 4 Atk / 252 SpA / 252 Spe
Naive Nature
- Hydro Pump
- Dark Pulse
- Close Combat
- Protect

Now here's the team I had in mind. https://pokepast.es/dbe97d739b1a6401 Now, I do think keeping Frosslass>Heracross and/or Starmie>Sharpedo are fine options though. Starmie is better against Gweezing, but probably worse at late game cleaning due to getting outspeed by Crobat, scarf users and speed tying with Raikou, and Froslass is probably not that bad for what it does. Also, If you keep Starmie remember to give it a Timid nature lol.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 0)