First time here

Status
Not open for further replies.
Not sure how this is, seems to work well for me, win about 60-65% of the time. Any thoughts?

Infernape @ Expert Belt
Ability: Iron Fist
EVs: 252 Atk / 2 Def / 2 SDef / 252 Spd
Adamant Nature
- Swords Dance
- Fire Punch
- Thunder Punch
- Mach Punch

I use Infernape as a surprise to foes that are looking to set up with steel types. I've had him since the beginning, as he works really well. Usually I can get off a swords dance before I start to hammer whatever he throws at me. The only problem I have is he sometimes gets out sped (although rarely), and he can almost never take a hit.

Donphan @ Leftovers
Ability: Sturdy
EVs: 252 HP / 252 Atk / 4 SDef
Adamant Nature
- Rapid Spin
- Earthquake
- Ice Shard
- Stone Edge

This guys brand new, and was the most traded out member of the team. There's been a Hypno here, a Claydol, and most recently an Armaldo. None of these worked the way I wanted them to, so I traded in Donphan, and the preliminaries seem pretty positive.

Jellicent (M) @ Leftovers
Ability: Cursed Body
EVs: 248 HP / 8 SAtk / 252 SDef
Calm Nature
- Scald
- Recover
- Will-O-Wisp
- Giga Drain

Another guy that has stayed on the team from the beginning. I use him to wall special attackers, while at the same time hitting decently hard. He does have a hard time competing in the sun, but is usually able to pull through successfully. Also Skarmory can give him troubles if Hydreigon or Bronzong has feinted.

Hydreigon @ Choice Specs
Ability: Levitate
EVs: 252 SAtk / 4 SDef / 252 Spd
Timid Nature
- Surf
- Dark Pulse
- Dragon Pulse
- Fire Blast

This guys one of my favourites. Awesome revenge killer, and if the opponent doesn't have a faster dragon type to deal with him, he sometimes proceeds to sweep half the team. Really can only say positives about my three-headed terror beast.

Ferrothorn @ Rocky Helmet
Ability: Iron Barbs
EVs: 248 HP / 8 Atk / 252 Def
Impish Nature
IVs: 0 Spd
- Leech Seed
- Stealth Rock
- Toxic
- Power Whip

Started out as something else (don't remember what) and quickly traded to Ferrothorn. Haven't looked back. Of course, he has a problem with fire types, but I also have trouble with Skarmory. I usually use him to stall or force switch-ins - when there is a toxic and leech seed going, must guys don't stick around.

Bronzong @ Custap Berry
Ability: Levitate
EVs: 108 Atk / 200 Def / 200 SDef
Adamant Nature
- Earthquake
- Explosion
- Confuse Ray
- Rock Slide

This was a Curselax before, but was unhappy with how quickly he fainted and how little resistance he had to common threats. Switched in Bronzong a while back, and immediately loved what he did for the team. I wear them down while they're confused, and then when the health gets low, either use the earthquake to take down a low health opponent, or explosion to take care of the unsuspecting non-bulky sweeper that is sitting and waiting for the switch in. He sometimes can be made ineffective with a burn, but haven't really encountered the problem too often.

Any help at all would be greatly appreciated. I seem to have trouble keeping my momentum with a sun team. I can't seem to find a fix to this though; maybe Donphan will help in further testing? Again, any comments and criticisms are greatly appreciated and acknowledged.
Thanks.

Last edited:

Reymedy

ne craint personne
is a Top Tutor Alumnusis a Tournament Director Alumnusis a Top Team Rater Alumnusis a Forum Moderator Alumnusis a Community Contributor Alumnusis a Tiering Contributor Alumnus
Hello.
Your descriptions are too short to fit the RMT rules requirements.
I encourage you to PM me an updated version of this team with beefed up descriptions, and since you're new, to join the Mentor Program. I'll be unlocking this thread after that.

Have a nice day.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 0)