First Team

Hello, I'm getting back into pokemon after a long hiatus, and this is my first competitive team. Please rate, I guess.

Sableye @ Leftovers
Ability: Prankster
EVs: 252 HP / 8 Spd / 248 SDef
Careful Nature
- Taunt
- Recover
- Will-O-Wisp
- Foul Play

This is my lead. A basic smogon move set. By utilizing prankster and taunt, it is able to prevent a lot of things, including stealth rocks, pokemon that try to set up on the first turn, and status conditions. Will-O-Wisp is for everything really, not just physical attackers. Recover helps to stall, and Foul Play is for when I need to attack. I was debating between Foul Play and Night Shade, but I decided to use Foul Play. What do you think? The Speed EVs are for out speeding other sableyes on the taunt.

Haxorus @ Lum Berry
Ability: Mold Breaker
EVs: 252 Atk / 252 Spd / 4 HP
Adamant Nature
- Dragon Dance
- Outrage
- Superpower
- Earthquake

This is my main sweeper. After I get a dragon dance off, I can out speed and 1HKO most of OU, and after two, gg. Again, standard smogon move set. Max attack and speed, adamant nature. The lum berry is for when they switch to a wall and use Will-O-Wisp or a sleep inducing move, as well as getting rid of confusion after Outrage if it hasn't been used already. Question: Should I be using Superpower or Low kick? I find that Low kick often doesn't have enough power, while Superpower is obviously annoying because it lowers attack after use.

Breloom @ Toxic Orb
Ability: Poison Heal
EVs: 252 Atk / 4 SDef / 252 Spd
Jolly Nature
- Swords Dance
- Spore
- Mach Punch
- Seed Bomb

Great pokemon. Spore is amazing, and I can set up a swords dance after, allowing me to hopefully sweep. I originally had this on a technician set with Focus sash and Bullet seed instead of Toxic orb and Bullet Seed. With that, I could revenge kill any pokemon by switching in with breloom and using Spore after surviving on 1HP. Which is better? After spore, I can also Swords dance, then swords dance again if they don't switch out, and sweep.

Rotom-Wash @ Leftovers
Ability: Levitate
EVs: 252 HP / 252 SAtk / 4 SDef
Modest Nature
- Hydro Pump
- Volt Switch
- Hidden Power [Ice]
- Thunderbolt

My team was quite weak to bulkly waters with ice beam, so I needed something to take care of that. This fits the bill quite nicely. Quite bulky, as well as having a diverse move set that can easily put me at a advantage if I predict correctly.

Infernape @ Leftovers
Ability: Iron Fist
EVs: 4 HP / 252 Atk / 252 Spd
Jolly Nature
- Mach Punch
- Flare Blitz
- Earthquake
- Shadow Claw

This is probably my favourite pokemon on my team. It was also my first ever pokemon, so I have a soft spot for it. It is able to come in at the end of a game and sweep all of my opponents weakened pokemon. My opponents also don't expect Shadow claw, meaning they'll switch into a ghost type expecting a Mach punch or Close combat, and instead get KO'd by a super effective Shadow claw. I am thinking about replacing it for Thunder punch, thoughts?

Ferrothorn @ Leftovers
Ability: Iron Barbs
EVs: 252 HP / 4 Atk / 252 Def
Impish Nature
- Leech Seed
- Toxic
- Protect
- Power Whip

This is a great pokemon. Leech seed, Toxic and Protect can be a deadly combo. Several times I have managed beat two or more pokemon by using this, combined with its great defenses. It can tank some weaker fire moves in sunny weather before, not even needing sturdy. I haven't been bothering with stealth rock, so definitely tell me if I should be using that.

I have played about 10 matches with this team and only lost once. So, that's my team. Any and all criticism is welcome, obviously. Hopefully I'm not a total noob. :P

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 0)