Non-Pokébank OU First Team, Rain! (I know, it's another Rain Team)

Introduction

Hi there everyone, I'm a newbie at pokemon battling and this is my first competitive team, and it's a oh-so popular and oh-so common Rain Team! I'm sorry if you find yourself thinking "Sigh... another rain team?", but I'm quite fond of rain combos since it's one of the most flexible and synergized combos, so I hope you'd bear with me and have a look at my team, thank you!

Teambuilding Process

Of course, it's Pelipper. Politoed is already outclassed due to U-turn, Roost and Defog, and I've always liked Pelipper from the RS era, so it's a clear choice.

Next, I'm always fond of the idea of using perfect accuracy Hurricane and Thunder in rain team, and so I naturally choose Tapu Koko. Not only it has access to fast Electric Terrain Thunder to potentially sweep and fast Taunt, it also has fast U-turn/Volt Switch, which complements nicely with Pelipper's slower U-turn.

Next, a rain sweeper that abuses rain. Kingdra is one of the best choice due to its better than average SPA and Speed compared to other Swift Swimmers. It faces competition with Golduck somewhat due to their equal SPA and Speed, but Kingdra has better typing in my opinion and better bulk.

I always see at least two swift swimmers in a team, one Special and one Physical, with that in mind I went with Poliwrath, as it has equal attack stat to Kingdra and has good typing, both defensively and offensively.

Next, I need something to take care of my team's naturally electric and Grass weakness, so I went with Mamoswine, which immune to electric and can hit both types super effectively. I considered Marowak as it resists both types but it can't learn Stealth Rock at this time. :(

Lastly, a pokemon that patch up the rest of my team weaknesses, namely Psychic and Fairy. Mega Metagross fit the job since it resists both types and can Pursuit trap many Psychic pokes.

The Team

Pelipper @ Damp Rock
Ability: Drizzle
EVs: 248 HP / 196 Def / 64 SpD
Bold Nature
IVs: 0 Atk
- Scald / Defog
- Hurricane / Defog
- Roost
- U-turn
The core of this team, the rain setter, Pelipper! The set is a standard from Smogon, with EV spread to maximize bulk, check physical threats, and avoid 2HKO from Pheromosa, which can be used to OHKO her back with STAB perfect acc Hurricane. I always considered Defog but I can't fit it in this set, the only choice is to replace either Scald or Hurricane as they're the least used moves in this set.

Tapu Koko @ Life Orb
Ability: Electric Surge
EVs: 4 Def / 252 SpA / 252 Spe
Timid Nature
- Thunder
- Dazzling Gleam / Nature's Madness
- U-turn
- Taunt
The Electric sweeper and moderate wallbreaker. Blistering speed and high powered STAB with good synergy with rain is the main reason I choose him. Honestly he's more reliable than either Kingdra or Poliwrath with its consistent accuracy and less reliance with Rain. Fast Taunt also helps, Koko can be used as a lead against other hazard lead or if I see opponent suspiciously aiming for Baton Pass. I'm a bit torn between Dazzling Gleam and Nature's Madness though, but currently I go for Dazzling Gleam.

Kingdra @ Choice Specs
Ability: Swift Swim
EVs: 48 HP / 252 SpA / 208 Spe
Timid Nature
OR
EVs: 28 HP / 252 SpA / 228 Spe
Modest Nature
- Hydro Pump
- Draco Meteor
- Scald
- Ice Beam
The main abuser of rain in this team and the sweeper. With rain, almost nothing can outspeed Kingdra, and Hydro Pump usually is only mindless clicking with Choice Specs and rain, which can tear holes even on resisted hits. Previously I used the standard Smogon rain set, which works well, but recently I found out that Pheromosa sometimes run Scarf, and outspeed even Kingdra in the rain, that's the reason I put Timid natured option in this list.

Poliwrath @ Normalium Z
EVs: 252 Atk / 4 Def / 252 Spe
Jolly Nature
- Belly Drum
- Waterfall
- Brick Break / Poison Jab
- Rock Slide / Earthquake
The other rain abuser as well as a set-up sweeper, Poliwrath.So I know that Belly Drum is risky, not usually competitive and all, but recently I found out that this set may work really well as long as Poliwrath's counter and checks are taken care of and he has chance to set up (but then again, isn't that's the case for all pokemon? lol). I put the Z Crystal on Poliwrath, so he can use Belly Drum twice, early game and late game.

His moveset is one that I really need to spend time thinking through. I want him to be able to hit all threats after the Belly Drum boost, even those with two typings, neutrally. As he can't afford to not kill and get hit.
I saw a set that use Waterfall, Brick Break, and Ice Punch, while this seems to be a perfect coverage against all types, it's walled by Water pokes that resists Fighting, like Mantine, Toxapex, and Primarina.
Then I opted to use Earthquake and Return, opting to let go his other STAB for a perfect coverage, but then I realized he's walled by Grass/Ghost types like Decidueye and Trevenant.
Finally I found two sets of perfect neutral for all double types, namely Waterfall/Brick Break/Rock Slide, and Waterfall/Poison Jab/Earthquake. Currently I'm using the first, but I might change it depending on the metagame, thoughts?

At first, Poliwrath is my main sweeper and one that I heavily support with my entire team, but after a few testing he's not that reliable and can be outsped by a 110 base speed scarf user like Gengar, but I do want to use him better!

Mamoswine @ Focus Sash
Ability: Oblivious
Jolly Nature
- Stealth Rock
- Ice Shard
- Earthquake
- Icicle Crash
The lead and hazard setter. This set is a Smogon standard, though I'd like to try to play with a bulkier version to handle faster threats better. Mamoswine honestly isn't that great and used only for suicide lead, but I can save him for his immunity or priority attack, or if the enemy has hazard remover. If only he's a bit bulkier. :(

Metagross-Mega @ Metagrossite
Ability: Clear Body
Jolly Nature
- Meteor Mash
- Zen Headbutt
- Earthquake
- Pursuit
The one that patches up the rest of the team's weaknesses, and a mandatory Steel and Mega pokemon that every team needs. It resists both Psychic and Fairy types, has vast movepool, strong offense, great bulk, and good speed, what's more can you ask for? It all goes well until I realized that Psychic and Fairy pokes commonly carries Shadow Ball. :(

Honestly I'm on a verge of swapping it for Scizor or Kartana, Scizor has similar offense and bulk and better typing to check those threats, while Kartana also has a better typing plus Defog. Oh if only Scizor learns Defog now. :(

Other Option

Other than the options I listed above, here's another option I had in mind:

Band Kingdra and Specs Golduck instead of Specs Kingdra and Belly Drum Poliwrath.​
In theory this could work since Kingdra have the same stats in its offense while Golduck have the same SPA and Speed with Kingdra and access to Hydro Pump. What are your thoughts? Which ones is better?

Conclusion

Now that you've seen my team, you can see that I don't have a good Defogger and Rapid Spinner. My team isn't weak to Stealth Rock in general but there's one time when my Pelipper was KO'd by a Stealth Rock and didn't activate Drizzle. So the question is: is a Hazard Remover necessary for my team?

And then here's a threatlist I found while testing my team:

Scarfed Pheromosa and other faster threats. Like I said above, I used Timid on Kingdra to outsped Pheromosa, but should scarfed Phero chose to maximizes its speed with Nature and EVs, there's no hope of outspeeding her. :(
Marowak, Chandelure, and Mimikyu might be a good counter due to their typing, but I don't really know.

*PS. Scarfed Gengar outspeed Wrath, but can be put down with Kingdra, dunno about Latios though, would Draco Meteor be enough to stop them?

Tapu Lele and other Shadow Ball Psychic Pokemon. They can wreck my Metagross and proceed to hit my entire team either with their STABs or coverage moves. :(

Focus sash pokes or pokemon with ability to avoid OHKOes. They can stop Poliwrath's wrath easily as its HP is already cut in half.

SubPunch Buzzwole carrying Thunder Punch. Yeah, thought I could stop it with Peilipper. :(
Tapu Koko might be a good counter though but I've only encountered him once, I've won but haven't collected enough data from it.

Storm Drain Gastrodon and other water immune pokes.

Other water pokes that can take advantage of rain (almost swept by Primarina because I didn't expect her to be so powerful).

Well that's all folks, I hope you like my team and have some ideas to make it better. :)
Thank you!

Importable, don't forget to edit Kingdra's and others' stats as you see fit!
Pelipper @ Damp Rock
Ability: Drizzle
EVs: 248 HP / 196 Def / 64 SpD
Bold Nature
- Scald
- Hurricane
- Roost
- U-turn

Tapu Koko @ Life Orb
EVs: 4 Def / 252 SpA / 252 Spe
Timid Nature
- Thunder
- Dazzling Gleam
- U-turn
- Taunt

Kingdra @ Choice Specs
EVs: 48 HP / 252 SpA / 208 Spe
Timid Nature
- Hydro Pump
- Draco Meteor
- Scald
- Ice Beam

Poliwrath @ Normalium Z
Jolly Nature
- Belly Drum
- Waterfall
- Brick Break
- Rock Slide

Mamoswine @ Focus Sash
Ability: Oblivious
Jolly Nature
- Stealth Rock
- Ice Shard
- Earthquake
- Icicle Crash

Metagross-Mega @ Metagrossite
Ability: Clear Body
Jolly Nature
- Meteor Mash
- Zen Headbutt
- Earthquake
- Pursuit

EDIT:
This team struggles heavily against Trick Room team, I've managed to sent Tapu Koko as a lead when I spotted a setter, but either they outright KO'd Koko and set Trick Room after (Necrozma, Magearna), or they're immune to Taunt using either Oblivious or Mental Herb.

Any tips and advice against Trick Room teams like those? Specifically how to prevent and how to survive inside Trick Room. Been thinking of using Skarmory or Celesteela to stall but that's about it.

UPDATE:
So I've tried some things, even tried an Assault Vest Metagross (yeah, no mega, bad choice), and came to conclusion I should just replace Megagross with Mega Scizor, yeah. Here's the new mon, it's a standard Pursuit set to trap those problematic pokes. I had success wearing down Gross, Lele, and Fini using Pursuit whenever Scizor comes in (though requires lots of predictions), and handle some faster or bulky threats my other mon can't. Also Roost is perfect to stall some turns. Need further playtesting with it to be certain though, and I also haven't tried Kartana yet.

Scizor @ Scizorite
Ability: Light Metal
EVs: 248 HP / 84 Atk / 176 SpD
Adamant Nature
- Pursuit
- Bullet Punch
- U-turn
- Roost

UPDATED TEAM

Okay here's the updated team, but now that I think about it the team's most problematic weaknesses has changed from Electric into Ground (and Freeze Dry), so I guess I'd need to change Mamoswine into something else? Or perhaps that'd make him even better suited as a suicide lead since I won't need his electric immunity as much as before.

EDIT:
Nah, immunity is immunity, still needs him a lot.

SPECIAL THANKS

Thank you for guan123, Matteo Zoni, and Psycho_Sunshine for the helpful insights and advice!​

Last edited:
On a rain team with tapu koko there is no reason not to use Alolan Raichu (thunder + surge surfer). Use this instead of poliwrath.
Don't (ever) use defog on kartana, this is too frail for defog. I'd run defog on pelipper. Don't use golduck either, this is outclassed by other rain sweepers.
Raichu-Alola @ Life Orb
Ability: Surge Surfer
EVs: 252 SpA / 4 SpD / 252 Spe
Modest Nature
- Thunder
- Focus Blast
- Psychic
- Surf

Thank you very much for your answer!

You are right, why didn't I think of Raichu lol, that'd indeed outrun Pheromosa easily. Raichu never crossed my mind since it doesn't have that much of offensive power and two electric pokemon in a team seems to be a bit too much, but then again that is also the case for Kingdra haha, they have same SPA and running two (three including Pelipper) water STABs doesn't really help much.

I don't really think Raichu can learn Surf, at least for now. Can I just replace it with something like Nuzzle, Grass Knot, or Volt Switch? They each have their own competitive use, which do you think is better?

I guess since Raichu will hold Life Orb, then naturally Tapu Koko will get a Terrain Extender, yes?

Thank you for your information about Kartana. Yes, I seems to recall it OHKOed even with a resisted hits. Problem is, I don't know which to replace between the Scald and Hurricane, as both have saved me before. Scald perhaps is the better option of the two, though it's a pity to lose a flying type coverage.

Anyway, so there's really no hope for Poliwrath?

Thank you!

EDIT:
One thing I'm afraid of is this team might be walled by special wall since all the sweeper and wallbreaker are special attackers. I dunno if Scizor and Mamoswine can both break those wall down, will playtest this.

Last edited:
Grass knot is good vs. Quagsire/Gastrodon. Volt switch is for pivoting. Don't use nuzzle due to the paralysis nerf. You could even run nasty plot on Raichu to boost its special attack. . Kabutops could work if you struggle against special walls (swords dance, superpower, stone edge, waterfall), but I do not think there is any hope for Poliwrath. Azumarill is a better belly drummer (does not rely on rain) and arguably kabutops is a better physical attacker on rain than poliwrath. You said yourself that poliwrath is risky.
Scizor needs swords dance to break through the walls. I might try this team after Jan 7th (if and when genesect gets banned). Physical Tapu Koko is viable (Wild Charge/Brave Bird/U-Turn/Roost).
Kabutops > Poliwrath. Raichu-Alola > Kingdra (you could replace poliwrath with Raichu-Alola but then you lose to chansey because scizor does not have swords dance).

Seismitoad @ Life Orb
EVs: 32 HP / 252 SpA / 224 Spe
Modest Nature
- Hydro Pump
- Earth Power
- Sludge Wave
- Focus Blast

in my opinion if you want to make a Team Offensive Rain suits you opt for Seismitoad + Kigdra use both Semi Swift Swim also helps you control well types and electro pixie types through Sludge Wave, with 224 in spe exceed Pheromosa without Scarf, focus can blast give you a hand against Ferrothorn, I think Raichu Alola and too meccanicoso and true and strong, but it certainly does not have a field electro do not want to see, you can very well use Tapu Koko brave bird for M Venosaur

Tapu Koko @ Life Orb
EVs: 4 Atk / 252 SpA / 252 Spe
Naive Nature
- Volt Switch
- Thunder
- Brave Bird
- Dazzling Gleam

Another highlight in the Rain and Buzzwole substitute allows you to break the hardest walls

Buzzwole @ Leftovers
Ability: Beast Boost
EVs: 196 HP / 188 Atk / 12 SpD / 112 Spe
Adamant Nature
- Substitute
- Focus Punch
- Earthquake
- Leech Life/Ice Punch

the best setter of rocks by rain and Ferrothorn

Kingdra and much more modest thanks to Swift Swim exceeds cmq all pkm

Kingdra @ Choice Specs
Modest Nature
- Hydro Pump
- Draco Meteor
- Scald
- Ice Beam

Last edited:
Grass knot is good vs. Quagsire/Gastrodon. Volt switch is for pivoting. Don't use nuzzle due to the paralysis nerf. You could even run nasty plot on Raichu to boost its special attack. . Kabutops could work if you struggle against special walls (swords dance, superpower, stone edge, waterfall), but I do not think there is any hope for Poliwrath. Azumarill is a better belly drummer (does not rely on rain) and arguably kabutops is a better physical attacker on rain than poliwrath. You said yourself that poliwrath is risky.
Scizor needs swords dance to break through the walls. I might try this team after Jan 7th (if and when genesect gets banned). Physical Tapu Koko is viable (Wild Charge/Brave Bird/U-Turn/Roost).
Kabutops > Poliwrath. Raichu-Alola > Kingdra (you could replace poliwrath with Raichu-Alola but then you lose to chansey because scizor does not have swords dance).
Yes wrath is risky, but that's why it's fun haha.

Should I just use Azumarill instead of Kingdra? I'll lose a swift swim user but will have another good sweeper and a physical attacker in exchange.

I don't think Kabutops can be used now before pokebank. :(
Besides for physical attacker I'd like M-Swampert more, is that a better choice than Kabutops?
Better attack, better bulk... but now that I think about it Kabutops with Life Orb or Choice Band outdamage M-Swampert, damn. O.o

For Chansey and Scizor's swords dance problem, how about I just compress all of those roles into Raichu? We forgot about Psyshock, I should just slap Psyshock and Nasty Plot together to break those walls, and change its nature to Timid so she can keep those boosts and still have good speed outside ele terrain, how about that?

+2 252 SpA Life Orb Raichu-Alola Psyshock vs. 4 HP / 252+ Def Eviolite Chansey: 364-429 (56.6 - 66.8%) -- guaranteed 2HKO

Thank you for your answer!

Seismitoad @ Life Orb
EVs: 32 HP / 252 SpA / 224 Spe
Modest Nature
- Hydro Pump
- Earth Power
- Sludge Wave
- Focus Blast

in my opinion if you want to make a Team Offensive Rain suits you opt for Seismitoad + Kigdra use both Semi Swift Swim also helps you control well types and electro pixie types through Sludge Wave, with 224 in spe exceed Pheromosa without Scarf, focus can blast give you a hand against Ferrothorn, I think Raichu Alola and too meccanicoso and true and strong, but it certainly does not have a field electro do not want to see, you can very well use Tapu Koko brave bird for M Venosaur

Tapu Koko @ Life Orb
EVs: 4 Atk / 252 SpA / 252 Spe
Naive Nature
- Volt Switch
- Thunder
- Brave Bird
- Dazzling Gleam

Another highlight in the Rain and Buzzwole substitute allows you to break the hardest walls

Buzzwole @ Leftovers
Ability: Beast Boost
EVs: 196 HP / 188 Atk / 12 SpD / 112 Spe
Adamant Nature
- Substitute
- Focus Punch
- Earthquake
- Leech Life/Ice Punch

the best setter of rocks by rain and Ferrothorn

Kingdra and much more modest thanks to Swift Swim exceeds cmq all pkm

Kingdra @ Choice Specs
Modest Nature
- Hydro Pump
- Draco Meteor
- Scald
- Ice Beam
I'd love to try your suggestion but this team is for pre-bank only. Believe me, I really wish I had Ferrothorn to handle many threats and set up SR. xD

And since this is pre bank, I don't have to worry about M-Venu. Yet. Though for him what I had in mind is a strong Hurricane user using either Life Orb or Choice Specs.

And my in-game Koko is Timid, so I'd just stick with that. :'(
Also I love fast Taunt in my Koko, it's great to shut down many things.

I don't really understand your suggestion for Buzzwole though, why'd he be good in the rain?

Thank you!

Last edited:
Buzzwole destroys all grasses when it is set up? (Probably). Buzzwole is also a wallbreaker.
Psyshock Nasty Plot Thunder Focus Blast Raichu is great. Use Azumarill to replace poliwrath and replace Kingdra with Alolan Raichu.

That's a good point, grasses are still a bit problematic actually, though I had success handling them with Pelipper for now. Oh yeah I still haven't decide which move should I replace with Defog. :(

About Azu, I still want to keep Kingdra actually since it doesn't take as much time as Raichu to set up. But I'll consider that option, I'll have to try both Kingdra-Raichu and Azu-Raichu to see which is better.

EDIT:
Something I forgot, with Wrath gone, I have free Z-Crystal slot. I'm thinking of giving it to Raichu as Gigavolt Havoc in Electric Terrain hits really hard, but I don't know if it's worth the damage output of Life Orb.

Also Pelip can't learn Defog pre-bank, what the, always thought he could. O.o

Last edited:
Buzzwole wins alone stall mach, and inflicts blows that they really hurt Ferrothorn thanks to Focus Punch, Koko perfectly covers the earth weakness, without him Chensey + defensive wall blocks your team.

Matteo this is non pokebank fwiw, so like ferro isnt a consideration, neither is chansey. And I would guess if you go guan123's root, at that point you may not even need pelipper as you would have very little actual rain abuse.

Ive been running a very similar team, but with different sets. I think the koko/scizor/pelipper/kingdra/stealth rocker/physical threat is like the basic formula for rain atm. you have a strong u-turn core and an abuser so the team can generate a ton of momentum. The 6th slot changes a lot based on how your stealth rocker and scizor are set up to fill different needs.

On the individual pokemon:
Pelipper: What are the SpDef evs for? I almost never leave pelipper in vs sp-attackers anyway
Tapu Koko: I like volt switch a lot, the momentum it gives is worth a ton. I just manually switch when I predict electric immunities. Once the electric immunities are down, volt switch does work.
Kingdra: As someone else mentioned 252/228 modest is the way to go, especially in pre bank where you get almost nothing over a certain point in speed tiers

General team building things
My first instinct is you will have a gastrodon and maybe toxapex problems but gastrodon isnt used enough to matter and like toxapex is really passive so it doesnt exactly threaten anything. The second is I really do not like scald on a team packing this much offense; just run a higher damage move (hydro pump on pelipper, surf on kingdra) burn damage isn't relevant anymore because of the nerf, so just get more power (between stab and rain it adds up).

Also one more thing
+6 252+ Atk Huge Power Azumarill Aqua Jet vs. 0 HP / 0 Def Mew: 477-562 (139.8 - 164.8%) -- guaranteed OHKO
+6 252+ Atk Huge Power Azumarill Play Rough vs. 0 HP / 0 Def Mew: 714-840 (209.3 - 246.3%) -- guaranteed OHKO
+6 252 Atk Poliwrath Waterfall vs. 0 HP / 0 Def Mew: 631-744 (185 - 218.1%) -- guaranteed OHKO

in rain of course

is bd poliwrath better than bd azumarill? azumarill's typing is way better and is bulkier and has better coverage moves. Poliwrath in general seems, underwhelming to me. I think buzzwole/kartana/azumarill/bulu could all replace it in some regard, buts that is because I never really like the variance in belly drum (z crystal helps).

Matteo this is non pokebank fwiw, so like ferro isnt a consideration, neither is chansey. And I would guess if you go guan123's root, at that point you may not even need pelipper as you would have very little actual rain abuse.

Ive been running a very similar team, but with different sets. I think the koko/scizor/pelipper/kingdra/stealth rocker/physical threat is like the basic formula for rain atm. you have a strong u-turn core and an abuser so the team can generate a ton of momentum. The 6th slot changes a lot based on how your stealth rocker and scizor are set up to fill different needs.

On the individual pokemon:
Pelipper: What are the SpDef evs for? I almost never leave pelipper in vs sp-attackers anyway
Tapu Koko: I like volt switch a lot, the momentum it gives is worth a ton. I just manually switch when I predict electric immunities. Once the electric immunities are down, volt switch does work.
Kingdra: As someone else mentioned 252/228 modest is the way to go, especially in pre bank where you get almost nothing over a certain point in speed tiers

General team building things
My first instinct is you will have a gastrodon and maybe toxapex problems but gastrodon isnt used enough to matter and like toxapex is really passive so it doesnt exactly threaten anything. The second is I really do not like scald on a team packing this much offense; just run a higher damage move (hydro pump on pelipper, surf on kingdra) burn damage isn't relevant anymore because of the nerf, so just get more power (between stab and rain it adds up).

Also one more thing
+6 252+ Atk Huge Power Azumarill Aqua Jet vs. 0 HP / 0 Def Mew: 477-562 (139.8 - 164.8%) -- guaranteed OHKO
+6 252+ Atk Huge Power Azumarill Play Rough vs. 0 HP / 0 Def Mew: 714-840 (209.3 - 246.3%) -- guaranteed OHKO
+6 252 Atk Poliwrath Waterfall vs. 0 HP / 0 Def Mew: 631-744 (185 - 218.1%) -- guaranteed OHKO

in rain of course

is bd poliwrath better than bd azumarill? azumarill's typing is way better and is bulkier and has better coverage moves. Poliwrath in general seems, underwhelming to me. I think buzzwole/kartana/azumarill/bulu could all replace it in some regard, buts that is because I never really like the variance in belly drum (z crystal helps).
There's no Ferrothorn yes, but Chansey still exists in pre bank right? You can get Happiny in SuMo.

Yeah I like Kingdra the way it is, so I guess I'll keep him along with Raichu. And I stopped thinking about BD since it's a bit too niche, Azu in my opinion should be played as a bulky offensive mon.

For Pelip, that SpDef is from Smogon standard set to avoid 2HKO Ice Beam from something like Pheromosa, and it helps a lot at KO'ing her.
Scald is there so Pelip can tank hits better against physical opponent, as he is played defensively. I'll try to check the damage calculation for his Hydro Pump though against threats he's supposed to check.

Koko previously used U-turn because of ground types, but I currently I'm considering Volt Switch since Scizor already has U-turn. I'll try to adopt that playstyle you said.

Kingdra was Timid to outspeed scarfed Phero, but now that job has been given to Raichu to outspeed her, or Pelipper to tank her, so I have no problem with Kingdra being Modest again. Raichu is still Timid though so he can still function outside of rain.

Anyway thanks for your answer!

EDIT:
I just did some calcs and you're right, Hydro Pump does seems to be a good option. Each have their own merit though so I can't scratch off scald that easily, but definitely needs to be considered!

Last edited:
Chansey isn't a problem in SM non-pokebank because it does not get seismic toss (only obtainable from a previous generation). Koko/Pelipper/Raichu-Alola/Kingdra/Scizor/Mamoswine seems good.

Ah I see, so it has no means for attacking.

Okay as for now this will be my team, thank you everyone!

It's still open to suggestion of course since I might need something to alleviate ground weakness but that's about it I guess.

EDIT:
Nah, still need that Electric immunity after all, there's no way I can switch in Koko and Raichu even on a resisted Electric attacks.

Last edited:

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 0)