free hugs (Toxapex) @ Rocky Helmet
Ability: Regenerator
EVs: 252 HP / 252 Def / 4 SpD
Bold Nature
- Scald
- Recover
- Haze
- Knock Off

Love this pokemon for its ability to counter many offensive threats that would otherwise be a problem for this team such as barraskewda and urshifu. Many of these pokemon have access to switch moves like flip and u-turn, so rocky helmet is useful to punish pokemon attempting to use them, as well as doing a ton to urshifu's surging strikes. Shed shell can also be used since this team is a bit weak to heatran, and black sludge to punish trick users.

EGG (Blissey) @ Heavy-Duty Boots
Ability: Natural Cure
EVs: 4 HP / 252 Def / 252 SpD
Calm Nature
IVs: 0 Atk
- Seismic Toss
- Soft-Boiled
- Toxic
- Teleport

Blissey can easily take any special attack not named psyshock and gain momentum with teleport. If a pokemon like volcarona tries to use Blissey as setup fodder, the combination of toxic + seismic will usually do the job. Natural cure allows it to be a status absorber. 4 EVs are put into HP because Blissey's bulk is barely increased with 255 EVs due to Blissey's massive HP stat, which is why I invested more bulk in special defense. I won't need to click soft-boiled as often, and even with Blissey's huge HP and spdef stats, it still can lose to some special attackers, for example, specs volcanion under rain does 47% min with steam eruption, but the spdef investment, it does 36% min.

its about drive (Buzzwole) @ Rocky Helmet
Ability: Beast Boost
EVs: 252 HP / 4 Atk / 252 Def
Impish Nature
- Drain Punch
- Ice Punch
- Roost
- Toxic

Buzzwole is almost like a physical Blissey. It can take on many physical attackers such as Weavile, Bisharp, and Kartana with its high HP and defense. I've also found that its typing is actually pretty good defensively, since it can easily take those knock offs and close combats everywhere. This even allows it to take boosted attacks, for example, even a +6 Bisharp without life orb can't KO it, and sd Kartana rarely has smart strike. Even if it does, Buzzwole won't even be close to being koed and with the life orb, rocky helmet, and drain punch, buzzwole will be able to KO kartana back with recovery. Rocky helmet is for extra chip on physical attackers. Leftovers and heavy duty boots are nice to have, but it's not needed, and I would much rather prefer the damage rocky helmet gives. Drain punch is used to recover back HP from a strong attack while having enough power to KO the pokemon it counters. Ice punch is for garchomp and landorus, and roost is for recovery. Toxic is for pokemon that would otherwise be able to easily switch into it, such as zapdos.

Skarmory 2.0 (Corviknight) @ Leftovers
Ability: Pressure
Shiny: Yes
EVs: 252 HP / 252 Def / 4 SpD
Impish Nature
- Brave Bird
- U-turn
- Defog
- Roost

Corviknight is a great defogger. It can switch into many stealth rockers without problem and can defog the hazards away. With pressure, it can PP stall stealth rockers as well as some other moves like leech seed from Ferrothorn. Brave bird is for damage, u-turn for momentum, and roost is for recovery. I might switch brave bird and u-turn with body press and iron defense since I wouldn't want to u-turn on a Landorus using stealth rock, and this moveset also does better against Ferrothorn. I also might add some spdef on this Corviknight so I can take Garchomp's flamethrower/fire blast much better as well as being able to switch into choice locked lele's attacks.

burn pls (Volcanion) @ Choice Specs
Ability: Water Absorb
EVs: 252 HP / 252 SpA / 4 SpD
Modest Nature
- Steam Eruption
- Flamethrower
- Sludge Wave
- Earth Power

The main reason why I wanted to use this pokemon was because it was very hard to switch into, especially against rain teams. With its movepool, Volcanion is able to beat many defensive pokemon such as Ferrothorn, Toxapex, and Tapu Fini. Steam eruption also means that whatever coming in could get burned, which many pokemon dislike. It even has amazing bulk especially for the physical side, like being able to tank a Landorus's earthquake and ohkoing it back with steam eruption. There isn't a whole lot to be outspeeding, so I decided to invest more on HP. Also many people don't know that steam eruption can ohko many variants of Pelipper even at 1600 elo so yeah, free points against rain teams

Dreepy Darts (Dragapult) @ Choice Specs
Ability: Infiltrator
EVs: 252 SpA / 4 SpD / 252 Spe
Modest Nature
- Draco Meteor
- Shadow Ball
- Fire Blast
- Hydro Pump

I'm using this mon for almost the same reason as Volcanion. It's hard to switch into with its movepool and good enough special attack. Dragapult also has a great speed stat, which allows it to beat slower offensive pokemon like Zapdos g and non av Tornadus. May replace specs with life orb so I don't need to predict as often. I also might replace this pokemon with something else, since most of my other pokemon can do most of the things Dragapult does.

Threats

Trick: I can't really do anything but trying to trick my specs/life orb from Dragapult or Volcanion, or black sludge from Toxapex.
Just unused sweepers that no one uses: These include pokemon like psyshock + calm mind Reuniclus/Tapu lele and shell smash + stored power Poltageist. These pokemon just 6-0 my team.
Arcto and Dracozolt: My whole team is crushed by both of these pokemon. The only pokemon that can even live a hit is buzzwole, but it isn't a very good check due to its horrible spdef stat.

And that's it. Pretty proud of myself getting 1655 with this as a beginner from this tier

UPDATE:
Too lazy to edit this , but I took out dragapult and volcanion and added specs lele and life orb zeraora with toxic.
Also someone please help me to understand why zeraora runs boots lol

ANOTHER UPDATE: this team is bad and i dont use it anymore really, just gonna make a whole new team

Last edited:
Dragapult should have u-turn over one coverage move. Pex could maybe have tspike/toxic/baneful bunker over scald or knock off. I don't know much about buzzwole, but if u have roost, can u go cc instead of drain punch? Also, be careful of aerial ace on kart next time it omes out against your buzzwole

You don’t have any powerful physical attackers but buzzwole might be enough, you don’t have a ground type which allows volt switchers to rampant, and zeraora and Regieleki out speed your entire teams. Cuz it’s a bulky team you might struggle with hitting them back

Reactions: eu
Dragapult should have u-turn over one coverage move. Pex could maybe have tspike/toxic/baneful bunker over scald or knock off. I don't know much about buzzwole, but if u have roost, can u go cc instead of drain punch? Also, be careful of aerial ace on kart next time it omes out against your buzzwole
1. My toxapex is the standard toxapex set, i don't need to have a poison move.
2. Yeah, I was thinking about that but drain punch is good to recover on powerful attacks, for example a +2 swords dance iron head bisharp that would do around 45%, and if buzzwole gets too low, it's basically just used as death fodder since it's too low to counter any pokemon and too slow to roost.
3. I do need to be careful, but I can scout for the set by switching in to toxapex, and usually aerial ace kartana is only found on choice sets, which corviknight + toxapex already walls. It's also quite rare at my elo to find kartanas that run aerial ace.

You don’t have any powerful physical attackers but buzzwole might be enough, you don’t have a ground type which allows volt switchers to rampant, and zeraora and Regieleki out speed your entire teams. Cuz it’s a bulky team you might struggle with hitting them back
1. My buzzwole isn't really a powerful physical attacker, but drain + ice punch still hits many pokemon hard like bisharp, kartana, and garchomp.
2. I added zeraora on my team which can handle volt switch users with its volt absorb ability. Also no one really uses volt switch zeraora at my elo, so it isn't really anything to worry about.

I'd run a spdef set on corvi to switch into tapu lele. Bulk up over u-turn gives you an additional win con if you get rid of opposing fire and electric types. Since your team is very slow and defensive and you have no scarfer, you might want to run thunderwave on Blissey.

The biggest problem I see with this team is that you have no switchin to heatran, not even a mon you can comfortably double switch into to threaten it out reliably. What do you check with buzzewhole specifically that the rest of your team can't deal with? It is a huge momentum sink, maybe this is the mon to replace by a more offensive option that also switches into heatran. Garchomp might be a decent option that shares a lot of checks with Zeraora and also brings stealth rocks for your team. Can you post your Lele and Zeraora sets?

(Zeraora usually runs boots because it switches in and out a lot and has no form of recovery, but I also think HDB is a bit overrated if you don't run voltswitch to begin with.)

Giyu

Tomioka
is a Site Content Manageris a Forum Moderatoris a Contributor to Smogon
Buzzwole doesn't really need any defensive investments since it's already incredibly bulky, and considering you lack a lot of physical offense; this spread might be better for use.

Buzzwole @ Rocky Helmet / Heavy-Duty Boots
EVs: 152 HP / 168 Atk / 188 Spe
Adamant Nature
- Close Combat
- Ice Punch
- Leech Life / Thunder Punch
- Roost

Buzzwole doesn't really need any defensive investments since it's already incredibly bulky, and considering you lack a lot of physical offense; this spread might be better for use.

Buzzwole @ Rocky Helmet / Heavy-Duty Boots
EVs: 152 HP / 168 Atk / 188 Spe
Adamant Nature
- Close Combat
- Ice Punch
- Leech Life / Thunder Punch
- Roost
It does because my team is really weak to sd kartana and bisharp.

Giyu

Tomioka
is a Site Content Manageris a Forum Moderatoris a Contributor to Smogon
It does because my team is really weak to sd kartana and bisharp.
+2 252+ Atk Life Orb Bisharp Iron Head vs. 152 HP / 0 Def Buzzwole: 273-321 (69.4 - 81.6%) -- guaranteed 2HKO
+2 252 Atk Life Orb Kartana Smart Strike vs. 152 HP / 0 Def Buzzwole: 286-339 (72.7 - 86.2%) -- guaranteed 2HKO

You OHKO both Pokemon and just heal off the damage with Roost when possible.

+2 252+ Atk Life Orb Bisharp Iron Head vs. 152 HP / 0 Def Buzzwole: 273-321 (69.4 - 81.6%) -- guaranteed 2HKO
+2 252 Atk Life Orb Kartana Smart Strike vs. 152 HP / 0 Def Buzzwole: 286-339 (72.7 - 86.2%) -- guaranteed 2HKO

You OHKO both Pokemon and just heal off the damage with Roost when possible.
I'll try that, though I will keep drain punch just since sd bisharp will weaken buzzwole to the point it's pretty much just death fodder without it. And also thunder punch/leech life have almost no use so I'll just stick to toxic.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 1)