Ability: Iron Barbs
Shiny: Yes
EVs: 248 HP / 8 Atk / 252 Def
Impish Nature
- Knock Off
- Stealth Rock
- Toxic
- Thunder Wave
This is meant to be the common starter, with the intent to get good damage tradeoff when hit with a physical move with Iron Barbs and the rocky helmet, and with high defensive and health stats to allow a full setup. Stealth rock is obvious, Thunder Wave for paralysis if I find it necessary, toxic for gradual wear, and Knock Off to take out Pokemon weak to it early or at least do damage, but more so to remove the item of the opponent.
Greninja-Ash @ Leftovers
Ability: Battle Bond
EVs: 252 SpA / 4 SpD / 252 Spe
Timid Nature
- Dark Pulse
- Water Shuriken
- Ice Beam
- Hydro Pump
For coverage of dragon and fire types in most situations, went with special attack speed sweeper (is that a thing) to be able to ideally get a lot of damage off fast. Battle Bond makes Water Shuriken useful, but beforehand I'll mostly use hydro pump because it does amazing damage. Dark pulse and ice beam are use selectively for type coverage, and if I don't want to use Hydro Pump PP. Leftovers are just so that after each turn he heals some I guess. If the opponent has a fire type, I may send Greninja out first to catch them off guard when they try to counter Ferrothorn.
Hippowdon (F) @ Choice Band
Ability: Sand Stream
EVs: 252 HP / 252 Atk / 4 SpA
Brave Nature
- Earthquake
- Crunch
- Iron Head
- Hidden Power [Grass]
Bulky physical sweeper, meant to get a lot of damage off on types such as electric, ice, or fairy, while living quite a while. Choice Band will probably be changed as will Hidden Power, I feel as if the different move types isn't something that works with the item and for Hidden Power I don't have much use of it. Sand stream helps get gradual damage on Pokemon, however maybe a hidden power to Sandstorm and then using Sand Rush is better, idk.
Manectric-Mega (F) @ Manectite
Ability: Intimidate
Timid Nature
IVs: 0 Atk
- Electro Ball
- Discharge
- Flamethrower
- Volt Switch
Basically a fast special sweeper, really just has crazy speed and flamethrower catches many off guard. Volt switch allows for a fast change to predict the next mon if it kills, or to get into a better situation without losing health. Electro ball hasn't been too useful for me, might be worth a switch. That's kinda it, but as a note I feel as if my Manectric isn't as key as it should being a Mega evolution and all, it dies a lot and doesn't do well against a lot of teams since ground is so prevalent.
Cresselia (F) @ Leftovers
Ability: Levitate
EVs: 252 HP / 252 SpA / 4 SpD
Modest Nature
- Calm Mind
- Moonlight
- Moonblast
- Psychic
Really just for type coverage, leftovers with moonlight allows her to get a lot of health back and is annoying to deal with. If ever in a very favorable situation, I'll use Calm Mind to make her stronger. Moonblast and psychic really are just two powerful moves that I use to take out fighting and other type variations well. Meant to be a bit tankier of a special sweeper.
Emboar (M) @ Assault Vest
Ability: Reckless
EVs: 248 HP / 252 Atk / 8 SpD
Adamant Nature
- Flare Blitz
- Power-Up Punch
- Sucker Punch
- Wild Charge
One of my favorite Pokemon, is definitely a bulky kamikaze like mon, reckless and wild charge/flare blitz make him a killer. Power up punch makes him stronger and is a decent move, and his speed is low so if you call out a move before, you get a free sucker punch from a ton of mons. Wild charge is amazing for suprising a water type switch in. Assult vest just makes him survive, important since he doesn't last too long despite the HP Evs.
Overall, I'm 9-2 on the ladder, and realized that some moves should be changed, and maybe Ferrothorn should be Landorus Terrain forme, but I found success with this because of how well it can adapt to most types. I can say more but am exhausted, would really appreciate any feedback on how I can improve this team!

If your intent on running ferro i suggest 252/176+ to avoid OHKO from loppuny hjk after SR
otherwise 252/28/232+ is standard
gren-ash doesn't run lefties run specs and maybe spikes over ice beam
run bulky hippo if u want to keep but doesnt really fit
megamane whyyyy
overheat>flamethrower and replace electro ball with hp ice
lunala's only place in OU is in TR
emboar has no place in OU
mlop basically shreds this team w/out cresselia

Thorntress (Ferrothorn) (F) @ Rocky Helmet
EVs: 248 HP / 8 Atk / 252 Def
Impish Nature
- Knock Off
- Stealth Rock
- Toxic
- Thunder Wave
This is meant to be the common starter, with the intent to get good damage tradeoff when hit with a physical move with Iron Barbs and the rocky helmet, and with high defensive and health stats to allow a full setup. Stealth rock is obvious, Thunder Wave for paralysis if I find it necessary, toxic for gradual wear, and Knock Off to take out Pokemon weak to it early or at least do damage, but more so to remove the item of the opponent.
Greninja-Ash @ Leftovers
Timid Nature
- Dark Pulse
- Water Shuriken
- Ice Beam
- Hydro Pump
For coverage of dragon and fire types in most situations, went with special attack speed sweeper (is that a thing) to be able to ideally get a lot of damage off fast. Battle Bond makes Water Shuriken useful, but beforehand I'll mostly use hydro pump because it does amazing damage. Dark pulse and ice beam are use selectively for type coverage, and if I don't want to use Hydro Pump PP. Leftovers are just so that after each turn he heals some I guess. If the opponent has a fire type, I may send Greninja out first to catch them off guard when they try to counter Ferrothorn.
Hippowdon (F) @ Choice Band
Ability: Sand Stream
EVs: 252 HP / 252 Atk / 4 SpA
Brave Nature
- Earthquake
- Crunch
- Iron Head
- Hidden Power [Grass]
Bulky physical sweeper, meant to get a lot of damage off on types such as electric, ice, or fairy, while living quite a while. Choice Band will probably be changed as will Hidden Power, I feel as if the different move types isn't something that works with the item and for Hidden Power I don't have much use of it. Sand stream helps get gradual damage on Pokemon, however maybe a hidden power to Sandstorm and then using Sand Rush is better, idk.
Timid Nature
- Electro Ball
- Discharge
- Flamethrower
- Volt Switch
Basically a fast special sweeper, really just has crazy speed and flamethrower catches many off guard. Volt switch allows for a fast change to predict the next mon if it kills, or to get into a better situation without losing health. Electro ball hasn't been too useful for me, might be worth a switch. That's kinda it, but as a note I feel as if my Manectric isn't as key as it should being a Mega evolution and all, it dies a lot and doesn't do well against a lot of teams since ground is so prevalent.
Cresselia (F) @ Leftovers
Ability: Levitate
EVs: 252 HP / 252 SpA / 4 SpD
Modest Nature
- Calm Mind
- Moonlight
- Moonblast
- Psychic
Really just for type coverage, leftovers with moonlight allows her to get a lot of health back and is annoying to deal with. If ever in a very favorable situation, I'll use Calm Mind to make her stronger. Moonblast and psychic really are just two powerful moves that I use to take out fighting and other type variations well. Meant to be a bit tankier of a special sweeper.
Emboar (M) @ Assault Vest
Ability: Reckless
EVs: 248 HP / 252 Atk / 8 SpD
Adamant Nature
- Flare Blitz
- Power-Up Punch
- Sucker Punch
- Wild Charge
One of my favorite Pokemon, is definitely a bulky kamikaze like mon, reckless and wild charge/flare blitz make him a killer. Power up punch makes him stronger and is a decent move, and his speed is low so if you call out a move before, you get a free sucker punch from a ton of mons. Wild charge is amazing for suprising a water type switch in. Assult vest just makes him survive, important since he doesn't last too long despite the HP Evs.
Overall, I'm 9-2 on the ladder, and realized that some moves should be changed, and maybe Ferrothorn should be Landorus Terrain forme, but I found success with this because of how well it can adapt to most types. I can say more but am exhausted, would really appreciate any feedback on how I can improve this team!
Hello LightiningVeyron! I liked the team structure on how its made, but most of the team is running sets that are not the sets they are supposed to run ( I don't know what I am talking about. Please excuse my English, as it sucks ). I am not the best team builder around, but I will do my best to improve the team, so let's get started -

Major changes-

:cresselia:-->:tapu fini: Cresselia is used in OU only in Trick Room team, as its typing makes it weak to common offensive types such as Ash-Greninja, Tyranitar, Weavile, etc. so it's not THAT great in OU. In your team, its used as a bulky Pokemon to take hits, so I replaced it with Tapu Fini which gives the team a very good match up against Stall teams and provides a solid check against Ash-Greninja, Mega Lopunny, and Heatran, while also giving you a way to get rid of hazards with defog ( which your team lacks ATM ). It also provides Misty Terrain, which protects your team from any kind of status. Here is the set-
Tapu Fini @ Leftovers
Ability: Misty Surge
EVs: 248 HP / 28 Def / 40 SpD / 192 Spe
Calm Nature
- Moonblast
- Nature's Madness
- Taunt
- Defog
Scald can also be used in place of either Moonblast or Nature's Madness to burn Tapu Bulu on the switch, and have a good match up vs Heatran but a Fairy STAB and the utility of Nature's Madness against Stall is generally better. This Pokemon is the team's Deffoger.

:emboar:-->:kyurem black: Emboar performs very poorly in the OU tier due to its low Speed and availability of better Fire or Fighting-type Pokemon in the tier. The team had enough late-game cleaners and needed a wallbreaker and since, the Z slot was also free, I used Kyurem-B. This Pokemon needs no introduction, as it blows away most common defensive cores like Toxapex/ Celessteela, Mega Venusaur/ Celessteela, and something like that. Its just the team's wallbreaker which help Ash-Greninja and Mega Manectric in cleaning late-game. Here is the set for it-
Kyurem-Black @ Icium Z
Ability: Teravolt
EVs: 252 Atk / 4 SpA / 252 Spe
Naive Nature
- Freeze Shock
- Fusion Bolt
- Ice Beam
- Earth Power
Ice beam is used as the STAB move after the Z move is used. Roost is also an option over Earth Power to regain half HP and somewhat remove the pressure from rocks, as Greninja pressures Heatran well enough. HP Fire can also be used to hit Mega Scizor, but its a better option on Life Orb sets. A Life Orb set can also be used if one not wants to run Z move. Z Fusion Bolt is also a thing which can be used to fit more coverage in four slots, as Freeze Shock is not necessary in this set. Try to bring in this Pokemon early-game to punch holes in enemy teams, and don't hesitate to use Z move if KOing the Pokemon in front is beneficial for the team.

:hippowdon:-->:landorus therian: I liked banded Hippowdon, as it gets surprise KOes on opponent's team. but the team lacked a Choice Scarfer and Landorus-T is better suited in the team, so I replaced it with Scarf Lando which gives the team speed control, forms a VoltTurn core with Mega Manectric, soft checks Mega Charizard X, Mega Tyranitar, Hawlucha and other physical offensive Pokemon. Just an overall great addition to the team. Here's the set for it -
Landorus-Therian (M) @ Choice Scarf
EVs: 252 Atk / 4 Def / 252 Spe
Jolly Nature
- Earthquake
- Explosion
- Stone Edge
- U-turn
Defog can also be used instead of Explosion, but Tapu Fini already carries it and the team doesn't have a Mega Charizard Y or Volcarona, lol. Most of the time, you will be spamming U-Turn to gain momentum, so try to keep rocks off your side of the field and try to preserve Lando's health if the opponent has a Pokemon which Lando can check.

Minor changes-

:ferrothorn: Instead of running a specially defensive set, which I was going to use, a physically defensive set is better option as Fini is already running one, and physically defensive set just gives you a great rain match up. Robot7620 provided a set (thanks for it), which allows Ferrothorn to take a High Jump Kick form Mega Lopunny after rocks. Here's the set for it-
Ferrothorn @ Leftovers
EVs: 252 HP / 176 Def / 80 SpD
Impish Nature
- Knock Off
- Stealth Rock
- Thunder Wave/ Toxic
- Leech Seed
Leech seed gives it a more reliable way of healing itself, and either Thunder Wave or Toxic can be used. Thunder Wave is better in my opinion, as it allows Ferrothorn to cripple fast offensive Pokemon, helping team members to move first. Use this Pokemon to set up rocks, and to cripple other Pokemon with either Thunder Wave or Toxic as the opportunity arises, but be careful from your own Misty Terrain, as it protects grounded Pokemon from status.

:greninja ash: I really don't get why leftovers is in the item slot, as Ash-Greninja is not there to check Fire-types, instead standard set should be used as it's the best for it ATM. Here's the set-
Greninja-Ash (M) @ Choice Specs
Timid Nature
- Water Shuriken
- Dark Pulse
- Hydro Pump
- Spikes
Surf can be used instead of Hydro Pump, as it's a more reliable and higher PP move. Spikes is better than Ice beam, as it pressures the opponent and the team has Kyurem-B. Most of the time, Greninja will be cleaning the opposing team, so try to get that Battle Bond as soon as you can, and try to keep it healthy.

:manectric mega: I know that Mega Manectric is fast but Electro Ball ain't the move to go with. Here's the standard, and good set for it-
Ability: Volt Absorb
Timid Nature
- Thunderbolt
- Hidden Power [Ice]
- Flamethrower
- Volt Switch
Discharge can still be used instead of Thunderbolt if you want to fish for paralysis, but Thunderbolt is generally better. HP Ice hits opposing Landorus-T, Garchomp, Gliscore, and other Ground-types that might try to block Volt Switch. Overheat can be used over Flamethrower to get certain KOes, but it drops SpAtk, which might give opponent setup opportunities. Like Lando, you will be clicking Volt Switch most of the time, but please, click other moves when doing so is helping the team by removing certain threats. Times, when Greninja is dead, this Pokemon will be cleaning.

The team is kinda prediction reliant, and performs good if played carefully. I tried to keep the main play style of the team, and tried my best to improve it. As I stated above, I am not the best team builder, so the team has its own weaknesses, such as Sand Rush Excadrill, Kartana and Mega Mawile, but no team is perfect and I think the weaknesses of the older team is mostly fixed. Against sand, try not to give Drill much opportunities to set up, and try to kill that sand setter first. And against Kartana, try to utilize your both Intimidate users and Ferrothorn. As for Mega Mawile, who walls it anyway? If you have questions regarding the team or something like that, then feel free to ask me. And the most important thing, please Enjoy yourself :] Here is the final team with importables-
:landorus therian::ferrothorn::manectric mega::greninja ash::tapu fini::kyurem black:

Last edited:

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 0)