• Mamoswine

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Ferrothorn

• Gliscor

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
This is my very first competitive team built on Pokemon Showdown. I designed this team after my pretty successful rain team (I won't get into detail about that). I have had great success with this and only want to polish this team. Anyway here is my team.

Salamence (M) @ Choice Scarf
Ability: Moxie
EVs: 252 Atk / 6 SAtk / 252 Spd
Naive Nature
- Dragon Claw
- Outrage
- Earthquake
- Fire Blast

My favorite pokemon he hits like a truck and moves like sound. This salamence is my main physical sweeper designed to either outrage or dragon claw to escape its choice lock. Salamence has had some big problems with pokemon such as Alakazam, Jolteon or Donphan with an ice attack. Salamence also lures in LOTS of steel type which is great for its fire blast then switching out to unlock its attacks. Salamence's EV spread is for its already high attack to even higher levels and with its nature it can maximize its speed and with a choice scarf Salamence can outspeed even Alakazam or Jolteon.

Starmie @ Life Orb
Ability: Natural Cure
EVs: 4 HP / 252 SAtk / 252 Spd
Timid Nature
- Hydro Pump
- Ice Beam
- Thunderbolt
- Rapid Spin

My spinner/ special sweeper Starmie his blistering fast and can hit hard with STAB Hydro Pump. Also with The annoyances that want to use toxic on Starmie won't have any effect once I switch out and get cured. Starmie has problems with Sucker Punch users such as toxicroak that can potentially OHKO it. Starmie also lacks defensive capabilities so it doesn't last long at all. With the BoltBeam combo Starmie also has great coverage to deal with any threats such as Garchomp, Dragonite, or another Salamence. The EV spread I gave Starmie is so that it can hit hard and fast with its high special attack and speed. Natura cure is a counter to any wall trying to cripple it such as Blissey, Ferrothorn, and Jellicent.

Mamoswine (M) @ Focus Sash
Ability: Thick Fat
EVs: 4 HP / 252 Atk / 252 Spd
Jolly Nature
- Earthquake
- Endeavor
- Ice Shard
- Stealth Rock

Mamoswine is my lead (usually suicide) I use stealth rock then earthquake/ice shard 2 excellent STABs. Mamoswine has enough attack power to potentially OHKO or 2HKO most pokemon. Mamoswine is capable of defeating most other leads. (including my friends Weavile and infernape lead) Mamoswine is also greatly capable of switching out and coming back later to deal with late game dragons to try and sweep. The EV spread is dedicated to Mamoswine behemoth attack and to give it a speed high enough to outspeed some other leads.

Scrafty (M) @ Leftovers
Ability: Shed Skin
EVs: 252 HP / 8 Atk / 248 SDef
Careful Nature
- Bulk Up
- Drain Punch
- Crunch
- Rest

Before I even say anything about this I can't even say how many times this guy has won it for me. I just use bulk up 3-5 times then they can't do anything as long as shed skin works. With a powerful Drain Punch STAB I can steal plenty of life from the likes of Ferrothorn, (expecially) Blissey, and even Cloyster. Scrafty doesn't have much problems except for pokemon such as Infernape, conkeldurr, and even something with a strong physical fighting type attack until Scrafty get 2-3 bulk ups. Once Scrafty gets 2-3 bulk ups not even Multiscale Dragonite can resist it anymore.

Ferrothorn (M) @ Leftovers
Ability: Iron Barbs
EVs: 252 HP / 120 Def / 136 SDef
Sassy Nature
IVs: 0 Spd
- Leech Seed
- Gyro Ball
- Power Whip
- Spikes

My favorite Wall just because it has access to spikes and stealth rock while having two powerful STABs. Ferrothorn also has leftovers to shrug off any pathetic attacks. Leech Seed is for a massive health regen every turn. Ferrothorn also has access to spikes which can cause massive damage to a grounded enemy. Ferrothorns EV spread is so that it can withstand most attacks. Ferrothorn contributes to the team a lot because Ferrothorn soaks up a lot of damage that can potentially KO a sweeper.

Gliscor (F) @ Toxic Orb
Ability: Poison Heal
EVs: 244 HP / 48 Def / 216 Spd
Impish Nature
- Substitute
- Earthquake
- Protect
- Toxic

Gliscor one of the most annoying walls I have encountered/used. Gliscor can toxic the enemy then keep using protect/substitute to stay alive with toxic heal to keep its health up. Gliscor also has Toxic to slowly wear down on an enemy's health so that not even leftovers can help. Gliscor's EV spread is desgined to give it plenty of HP and speed and still have a respectable physical bulk. Gliscor is HIGHLY prone to HP ice or some other special ice attack.

So that is my very first OU competitive team I will accept any constructive criticism and any suggestions/comments. I look forward to seeing your comments on my team.

Last edited by a moderator:
This looks fine. One big criticism: Ferrothorn NEEDS Leech Seed, he really won't be able to take repeated batterings without it. Since you have no spinclocker nor the extreme offensive pressure to stop spinning, i'm not convinced by Spikes, so that could go in place of Leech Seed. I also think Analytic is the better ability on Starmie without Recover (Starmie is really fast but Analytic still takes effect when the opponent switches), and it would seem more efficient to invest in Mamoswine's speed since Sash already gives him pseudo-bulk (for example, with max speed you can lay SR against Custap Skarmory, with the current spread you get Taunted first).

You also lack a Choice Scarf user, which can be a cause for concern. I would change Dragon Dance Salamence to Choice Scarf (Dragon Claw can go in the slot where DD was, you won't use it very often but occasionally it can be nice to clean up a weakened team). This allows you to kill of various threats at +1 attack.

Read the rules please, you need to improve your descriptions. PM me with improved ones and I'll unlock this for you.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 0)