Level: 50
Tera: Psychic
EVs: 252 HP / 220 Def / 36 Spe
Bold Nature
- Thunder Wave
- Substitute (Flamtherower)
- Encore (Psychic)
- Dazzling Gleam (Stealth Rock)

The 1st new mon I saw I wanted to use. The parentheses moves are what I had, the others are what was suggested, and what I'll be using if no one objects w/ rationale. EVs for Spe to take the Booster Energy, and the rest in physical bulk because SpA would do little, it should be fast enough, and SpD would compete for the Energy if I invested. I didn't get much sense for this mon from my, uh, one battle, but T-Wave is always great.

Drifblim @ Grassy Seed
Ability: Unburden
Tera: Flying
EVs: 236 HP / 252 Def / 20 Spe
Timid Nature
- Minimize
- Baton Pass
- Strength Sap
- Shadow Ball

Far and away the star of the team. Really wanted to use this or Bronzong(among my favorites from SwSh BSS, and I think the only ones of them in SV.) This was suggested to me over Zong though. W/o Max moves, and before that Z-moves, MiniPass is once again scary(Aura Sphere doesn't work, and Flower Trick is resisted.) It was basically why I won in a very irritating(for them) fashion. Strength Sap is better w/ the standard healing moves losing PP this gen. Shadow Ball because, unlike before, I've foregone Wisp. So no use for Hex, generally. EVs are from before, they may need to be changed as Urshifu isn't even in the game.

Arboliva @ Leftovers
Ability: Seed Sower
Tera: Normal
EVs: 252 HP / 4 SpA / 252 SpD
Calm Nature
- Strength Sap
- Mirror Coat
- Giga Drain
- Earth Power

The Grassy Terrain this brings sets up Drifblim's Seed and Unburden. I wasn't quite sure where to go w/ EVs, so I did max special bulk. Strength Sap again, it's one of my favorites. Mirror Coat goes w/ the high SpD to badly damage strong special attackers. STAB healing and Earth Power for coverage. This can be made to die for Drif, but it's also bulky w. 2 healing moves, so I put Leftovers.

Flamigo @ Expert Belt
Ability: Scrappy
Tera: Bug
EVs: 252 Atk / 4 SpD / 252 Spe
Jolly Nature
- Brave Bird
- Liquidation
- Roost
- Low Kick

I beat the game w/ Flamigo, primarily. So this is largely here cause I like it. I'm likely to change it, but not yet since I did train one. Brave Bird is great STAB, and Liquidation is interesting and strong coverage. Roost is probably skippable, but I already maxed its PP. Mine in game has always had Low Kick, not CC. CC ruins any purpose of Roost, and even though this has low-ish bulk, I just don't want to lower it at this point when Low Kick often hits for the same or close. Expert Belt cause this has quite a bit of coverage, so much more so if I ditch Roost after all.

Revavroom @ Sitrus Berry
Ability: Overcoat
Tera: Poison
EVs: 252 HP / 252 Atk / 4 SpD
Adamant Nature
- Gunk Shot
- Shift Gear
- Iron Head
- Bulldoze

I wanted a set-up mon for when I can pass Minimize. I don't know why this, but here we go. No Spe cause Bulldoze and Shift Gear. Overcoat for Breloom, I figure Filter is less good as this is only weak to fire and 4x weak to ground. So it can't really take Filtered ground anyway, and that leaves just fire. One weakness isn't enough to warrant Filter imo. Gunk Shot, to me, is better than Poison Jab. I didn't really know what item to use, so I put Sitrus.

Baxcalibur @ Lum Berry
Ability: Thermal Exchange
Tera: Dark
EVs: 252 Atk / 4 SpD / 252 Spe
Jolly Nature
- Icicle Crash
- Dragon Dance
- Earthquake
- Outrage

Another set-up mon. Not quite sure on the moves, but strongly feeling lum for Yawn/Spore/etc. I saw an idea for Loaded Dice Icicle Spear, for now I will try lum. EQ is EQ, it's usually good, though I worry about too much ground coverage on this team. Dragon STAB is obligatory, but I probably need Crunch over EQ since I caught a dark tera Baxcalibur. Thermal Exchange to handle my otherwise moderate fire weakness(2 2x weaknesses.)

First, I should explain ALL my mons are bad Tera types. The dual types all have their weaker type, except fro two I caught in raids. Flamigo is bug(yuck,) and Baax is dark. That shares a fighting and fairy weakness w; base. Next I must explain that, while I've done just 1 free battle, I did so well I think it's time for an RMT. What happened is they led Lucario and I had to switch out Arboliva. They tera fighting Aura Spgere, only to fail on Drif. I use Strength Spa expecting dark and forgetting I'm not sitrus, but they switch in DNite instead, and that loses atk. Then I put in Scream Tail, para it, and set SR. Eventually get in Arboliva to set-up Drif to counteract what few DDs they manage, get to +6 eva, and yeah. A crit or other moveset choice on their part could ended me, but I feel I'm really onto something w/ Arboliva+Drif. The normal type gives immunity to ghost, whie Drif takes fighting.

As for why just one battle, I got bored but I don't really like battles that don't count(if I win I don't like that, and losing still feels like losing.) PS is just too hard, I used to play there and do way worse than on cart. So I'm waiting for cart BSS to be available, And then I'll edit this accordingly.

Edit: Replaced Revavroom with a strange Clodsire. Also Bax does have Crunch actually, no EQ. Have trouble with the, Great Tusk maybe, and steels. From few more games.

Last edited:

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 0)