First competitive team, had some success but I need critique.

Status
Not open for further replies.

So as I said, this is my first competitive team. I'm currently on a streak with my new account, with which I went from 1000 to 1900+, and still rising. I know I have 3 Special attackers and only 1 Physical, and only two walls, but so far so good, haven't encountered any problems I can't manage. A threat I see is Alakazam - He can outspeed my whole team, but I should be able to take him down with my own Alakazam using Signal Beam.

Gengar @ Black Sludge
Ability: Levitate
EVs: 4 HP / 252 SAtk / 252 Spd
Timid Nature
- Disable
- Focus Blast
- Shadow Ball
- Substitute

I absolutely love this set. Timid Gengar can outspeed most pokemon, giving me the ability to Sub and Disable easily. His already high Sp.Atk can be pumped when the targets Sp.Def gets lower.

Infernape @ Choice Band
Ability: Blaze
EVs: 252 Atk / 4 Def / 252 Spd
Jolly Nature
- Close Combat
- Thunder Punch
- U-turn
- Flare Blitz

With his Choice Band, he can be a terrifying sweeper with his already high speed. Maybe I should Scarf him instead? I don't know, I've been able to take out pretty bulky pokemon to my foe's surprise with this set. I switch him in when I know he won't get hurt instantly, hoping to outspeed my target and OHKO it.

Ferrothorn @ Leftovers
Ability: Iron Barbs
EVs: 252 HP / 4 Atk / 48 Def / 204 SDef
Relaxed Nature
IVs: 0 Spd
- Spikes
- Stealth Rock
- Protect
- Power Whip

Depending on my foe's team, Ferrothorn is my main lead - being able to stealth rock + spikes gives me a huge advantage over other teams. Protect is to see what the opponent does - If a fire attack comes up, I usually send in Blissey or Latios.

Blissey (F) @ Leftovers
Ability: Natural Cure
EVs: 4 HP / 252 Def / 252 SDef
Calm Nature
- Soft-Boiled
- Aromatherapy
- Toxic
- Seismic Toss

Pretty basic set. I want to poison the more bulky foes and Seismic Toss strong Special Sweepers. Aromatherapy helps when other team members have inflicted with a status.

Latios (M) @ Choice Specs
Ability: Levitate
Timid Nature
- Psyshock
- Surf
- Draco Meteor
- Thunderbolt

I had Starmie before putting Latios instead. Starmie was too weak and couldn't take hits, (I hade made it a special attacker, 252 Sp and 252 Sp. Atk) and honestly it works out good, he complements my team well.

Alakazam @ Focus Sash
Ability: Magic Guard
Timid Nature
- Signal Beam
- Psyshock
- Focus Blast
- Hidden Power [Ice]

Seeing as Alakazam can outspeed most pokemon, he is my main counter against strong dragon types with the Hidden Power, with focus sash in case they've Dragon Danced.

Reymedy

ne craint personne
is a Top Tutor Alumnusis a Tournament Director Alumnusis a Top Team Rater Alumnusis a Forum Moderator Alumnusis a Community Contributor Alumnusis a Tiering Contributor Alumnus
Hello.

Your descriptions are too short to fit the RMT rules requirements.
I encourage you to PM me an updated version of this team with beefed up descriptions, and since you're new, to join the Mentor Program. I'll be unlocking this thread after that.

Have a nice day.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 0)