Nattorei @ Shed Shell
Sassy nature
Ability: Steel Thorns
252 Hp / 120 Def / 120 SpD / 12 Atk IV: 0 Spe

~Stealth Rocks
~Spikes
~Gyro ball
~Leech Seed

Why?: From looking around, He is probably the most used 5th gen poke as of now, with the exception of maybe Doryuuzu; but I'm using him slightly different than most people. He is my lead, and pretty much, his job is to set up as many entry hazards as he can; ideally, stealthrocks and 3 layers of spikes. His good defenses should help him live a while, and steel thorns allows him to damage physical attacking opponents while he does so. Leech seed would probably be used before spikes, as it would cause the opponent to either switch out, or heal me while damaging them. If the hazards are all up, gyro ball should be able do do pretty good damage for a wall. Pretty much, a defensive suicide lead.

Shaymin @ Expert Belt
Timid Nature
Ability: Serene Grace
252 Spe / 252 SpA / 4 Def

~Seed Flare
~Air slash
~Earth Power
~Healing wish

Why?: Wow, with serene grace and STAB, Seed Flare is a 180 base power, 85 accuracy grass attack with an 80% chance to lower foe's SpD 2 stages. The only downside is the 5 pp. Airslash is a powerful Flying STAB with a 60% chance to flinch. Earth power is for better type coverage and to get some hard his on foes that wont be expecting it. Healing wish should be really helpful when he is close to dead, being able to completely heal a team mate that is near dead.

Dragonite @ leftovers
Adamant nature
Ability: Multi-scale
252 Hp / 252 Atk / 4 Def

~Extremespeed
~Waterfall
~Dragon Claw
~Roost.

Why?: Well this is just a modified version of a Dragonite I used to use, and I gotta say, some new things in 5th gen really help him out, namely Multi-scale. I'm not sure how much multi-scale reduces damage by on that first hit, but it should be very helpful. With roost and lefties, he should be at full Hp alot of the time. Extremespeed makes up for his not so great speed, attacking with priority, and he still has the option of a powerful STAB attack against slower enemies. Basically, his main roll is a bulky priority attacker.

Blaziken @ Expert Belt
Adamant Nature
Ability: Speed Boost
252 Atk / 252 Spe / 4 Def

~Swords dance
~Hi Jump Kick
~Blaze Kick
~Baton pass

Why?: Probably the most over-hyped pokemon from before 5th gen that has a new niche. his first turn is spent using swords dance, and by the second, he has +2 attack and +1 Speed. At this point, it shouldn't be too hard to deal massive damage with his 2 kicks. As long as he can survive that first turn, he is an absolute monster. If he is about to die, he can baton pass his +2 Atk, and his multiple pluses to speed.

Breloom @ leftovers
Adamant nature
Ability: Technician
252 atk / 132 hp / 124 spe

~Mach Punch
~Bullet seed
~Swords dance
~Spore

Why?: Breloom definitely got some good new toys in the 5th gen. The main one, being technician. Mach punch is now similar to that of bullet punch on scizor, but fighting type. I believe technician also works on bullet seed, essentially making it 100-250 base power not to mention STAB bonus's. Swords dance increases his already epic attack stat and he always has the option to but bitch's to sleep with spore.

Porygon2 @ Evelution stone [or whatever the f*ck its called]
Bold Nature
Ability: Trace
252 Hp / 164 def / 92 SpD

~Discharge
~Icebeam
~Mirror Coat
~Recover

Why?: Well, with the evelution stone, his defenses become pretty damn good (I'm to lazy go calculate them -.-) And he also has a decent move pool, and a good ability. Discharge and Icebeam have pretty good type coverage, he has the option to paralyze, and has the instant recovery move in the name of recover. The only disadvantage is with the stone, he can't have the ever so helpful leftovers D:<
I've considered replacing porygon with a Dusclops with the same item, due to his superior defenses, and ability to spin block. Would he do better than porygon, or should I just keep as is?

Thank you so much for taking the time to read my post, All advice is much appreciated! :DDDD

Chou Toshio

Over9000
is an Artist Alumnusis a Forum Moderator Alumnusis a Community Contributor Alumnusis a Contributor Alumnusis a Top Smogon Media Contributor Alumnusis a Battle Simulator Moderator Alumnus
At this point, I really don't see any reason to use Azelf over Latios or Shaymin-S. Try giving one of those two a try as a special sweeper. Also, Leftovers Nattorei in Dream World? Unless you are looking to suicide (not advisable with your only steel type), I wouldn't put Nattorei at risk to jsut get fried by all the many many Shanderaa. Shed Shell is where it's at.

Otherwise, it looks quite solid. Baton Pass Blaze looks right at home in this team.

At this point, I really don't see any reason to use Azelf over Latios or Shaymin-S. Try giving one of those two a try as a special sweeper. Also, Leftovers Nattorei in Dream World? Unless you are looking to suicide (not advisable with your only steel type), I wouldn't put Nattorei at risk to jsut get fried by all the many many Shanderaa. Shed Shell is where it's at.

Otherwise, it looks quite solid. Baton Pass Blaze looks right at home in this team.
Oh yeah, I forgot that they aren't uber at this point. At that, is there anyone else who's job would better be done by a former Uber?

And yeah, a shed shell would probably do alot better than lefties.
thanks for the advice xD

Why Discharge AND Thunder Wave on Porygon 2? Either use Thunderbolt and Thunder Wave or Discharge and Toxic, or Mirror Coat.

Also watch out for CB Mamoswine. Ice Shard is a big threat to three of your mon and EQ will kill Blaziken if you try to SD on it. Could probably take care of Porygon 2 as well, who can't touch it.

Also watch out for CB Mamoswine. Ice Shard is a big threat to three of your mon and EQ will kill Blaziken if you try to SD on it. Could probably take care of Porygon 2 as well, who can't touch it.
I wouldn't swords dance the first turn if someone who could OHKO him is in. Blaziken or Porygon2 could handle a mamoswine.

All Porygon 2 is attempt to outstall it for PP. It's immune to Discharge and resists Ice Beam with Thick Fat. I don't know the calcs but CB STAB EQ off of 130 attack has to do at least 50% even to Porygon 2 when it doesn't resist. And even if it does a little less, that's just asking for a crit to happen at some point. It's a check, not a counter. Now if you had Toxic then different story (ironically) but you're better off with Magic Coat overall. Yeah Blaziken can revenge, it just can't switch in unless it's using Ice Shard.

Aqua Jet is currently illegal with Extremespeed. Try running Aqua Tail or Waterfall instead. Considering you do not get STAB or have a Choice Band, these are your better options to check Doryuuzu anyways thaks to MultiScale.

*EDIT* And Seed Flare only has an 80% chance to lower SpD? No wonder it only works 50% of the time...

All Porygon 2 is attempt to outstall it for PP. It's immune to Discharge and resists Ice Beam with Thick Fat. I don't know the calcs but CB STAB EQ off of 130 attack has to do at least 50% even to Porygon 2 when it doesn't resist. And even if it does a little less, that's just asking for a crit to happen at some point. It's a check, not a counter. Now if you had Toxic then different story (ironically) but you're better off with Magic Coat overall. Yeah Blaziken can revenge, it just can't switch in unless it's using Ice Shard.
Yeah, I've noticed that he would be a problem, and I have ran some calcs. He does a max of 48% to porygon, and a min of like 42 or something, which he can recover away. Earthquake is his only move that is a guaranteed OHKO on Blaze, and superpower is only about 20% of the time at most.

Aqua Jet is currently illegal with Extremespeed. Try running Aqua Tail or Waterfall instead. Considering you do not get STAB or have a Choice Band, these are your better options to check Doryuuzu anyways thaks to MultiScale.

*EDIT* And Seed Flare only has an 80% chance to lower SpD? No wonder it only works 50% of the time...
Well, it's base 40%, but he has serene grace. And alright, I'll use waterfall.
And btw, do you know how much multi-scale reduces it by?

Multi Scale reduces damage from any attack by 50% when dragonite is at full health. So I suggest that if you see a Dory on the opposing team, plan an instance where you can get Dragonite in there at full health, such as putting in Blaziken/Shaymin only to pull it out/use healing wish as they switch in Dory. That way you have both in on a 1v1 at full health. Dragonite wins these

In fact, he may win them even if Dory has an SD up if he's at full. I'll have to check on that sometime

*EDIT*
And Pory definitely needs replacing on this team, but not with Dusclops.
Your team has 2 4x weaknesses and 1 2x weakness to Ice and one 2x weakness to Water. For this reason isuggest a Burungeru

Burungeru@Leftovers
Water Absorb, Calm
252 Hp, 248 SpD, 8 Def
-Boiling Water
-Recover
-Ice Beam
-Shadow Ball/Will-o-Wisp

The choice between the last 2 is your choice. I prefer Wisp to turn physical threats into death fodder

And I would suggest Life Orb over Leftovers on Breloom. I BELIEVE it let's you OHKO Dory before an SD, meaning you don't have to risk Nite for it

GL :)

Multi Scale reduces damage from any attack by 50% when dragonite is at full health. So I suggest that if you see a Dory on the opposing team, plan an instance where you can get Dragonite in there at full health, such as putting in Blaziken/Shaymin only to pull it out/use healing wish as they switch in Dory. That way you have both in on a 1v1 at full health. Dragonite wins these

In fact, he may win them even if Dory has an SD up if he's at full. I'll have to check on that sometime
Hmm.. That would work pretty well.
I think Breloom's Mach punch also does some good damage to him.

Thanks man, this should be really helpful.

Hi, the biggest threat I see to your team is Scarf Starmie or Scarf Lati@s, both can easily get rid of Blaziken and Shaymin-S plus they can trick pory or natto. But the more dangerous one to lookout for is Scarf starmie, it can KO most of your team with the right attack (Blaziken-Hydro Pump/Surf Skymin-T-Bolt or Ice Beam Dragonite-Ice Beam Breloom-Ice beam.). Even if Dragonite comes in with full health and there is no SR and starmie is a timid nature, it will still be a clean 2HKO. Blaziken can't outspeed timid scarf starmie even at +2 speed and surf is a guaranteed 2HKO, Skymin and Breloom are both OHKO wiht ice beam. Your best bet is to resort to Porygon 2, but Starmie could easily trick you and basically make porygon useless. My suggestion is to use Scarf Lati@s with
Draco Meteor / Surf / Thunderbolt / Trick
Use this over you current Skymin because it can easily outspeed scarf starmie an OHKO with thunderbolt.

Good Luck!

Hi, the biggest threat I see to your team is Scarf Starmie or Scarf Lati@s, both can easily get rid of Blaziken and Shaymin-S plus they can trick pory or natto. But the more dangerous one to lookout for is Scarf starmie, it can KO most of your team with the right attack (Blaziken-Hydro Pump/Surf Skymin-T-Bolt or Ice Beam Dragonite-Ice Beam Breloom-Ice beam.). Even if Dragonite comes in with full health and there is no SR and starmie is a timid nature, it will still be a clean 2HKO. Blaziken can't outspeed timid scarf starmie even at +2 speed and surf is a guaranteed 2HKO, Skymin and Breloom are both OHKO wiht ice beam. Your best bet is to resort to Porygon 2, but Starmie could easily trick you and basically make porygon useless. My suggestion is to use Scarf Lati@s with
Draco Meteor / Surf / Thunderbolt / Trick
Use this over you current Skymin because it can easily outspeed scarf starmie an OHKO with thunderbolt.

Good Luck!
Thank you lots. I didn't even notice how much of a weakness I had to starmie. The only problem I have with that Lati@s is I HATE using choice items. The thing is, If Starmie is locked in a move, Porygon might be able to handle him, And If he does trick my Porygon, he wont outspeed shaymin anymore, or blaziken with pluses to speed. Porygon can also get a clean 2HKO with rocks, and even without them, he has about an 80% chance of 2HKO

As long as Nattorei stay alive, I see no problem with Scarfme. Howver, you still have to replace Pory. He is a great Poke, but there is a better one for this team. See my post edit above

As long as Nattorei stay alive, I see no problem with Scarfme. Howver, you still have to replace Pory. He is a great Poke, but there is a better one for this team. See my post edit above
This would help, but I really don't thing Burungeru is what he is hyped up to be. His defenses are mediocre at best. Although he would be very helpful agains a few threats; Porygon, in my oppinion, is an all around more effective stall wall. I'll run some calc's right now and compare.

Also, this is off topic, but why is Aqua jet illegal with ES on Draonite?

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 0)