Final Grades/GPA thread/School/University Discussion

A bit of a bump, but I felt I should share details of my personal life that none of you guys will even remotely care about :P
If anybody can't remember my post way back (who am I kidding?), I am in the middle of my A-Levels in the UK (16-18 for those who don't know), and just over a month ago, I sent off my university application form to study Computer Science - I suspect our Great and Benevolent Leader (uncapitalised be thy name) would approve. Since then, quite a lot has happened:
  • I received a place offer from the University of Warwick, subject to me getting at least AAA
  • I had an interview at Imperial College, London
  • I had an interview, and subsequent AAA offer, from the University of Southampton
  • I was invited to a departmental open day at the aforementioned University of Warwick
And most recently, and perhaps importantly:
  • I received an invitation to interview(s) at Churchill College, University of Cambridge on the 9th and 10th December
Understandably, I'm chuffed.

Honors Pre-Calc:A
AP Chem: A
Technical Drawing: A+
AP History 2: A-
Language Arts: A+ (surprising since I'm a fail at English)
Gym: A
Honors Physics: A
Like 4.01
If weighted, then it's a 4.6

I finished one class, Syntax 1, the rest are midterms. The notes are out of ten.

Syntax 1 - 7.0
Introduction to Linguistics - 8.1
Logic 1 - 7
Articulatory Phonetics - 9.0
Experimental Phonetics - no midterms for this class
Psycholinguistics - no midterms for this class

awyp

'Alexa play Ladyfingers by Herb Alpert'
is a Top Tutoris a Top Team Rateris a Community Leaderis a Community Contributoris a Tiering Contributor
RMT Leader
Spanish 3- B
Algebra 2- A
US History- A
Chemistry- A
English- A

Fuck spanish, sums up my whole report card.

Bartman101

Banned deucer.
Well, as every other English guys who reads this thread, I'm completly bamboozled by all these crazy subjects, numbers and report card things. Here's my current levels (English word for grade). Oh and btw I'm in year 10 (second-to-last-year of British High School)

English Literature= A-
English Language= A*
Statistics= A
Maths= A*
Biology= B-
Chemistry= A
Physics= A*
P.E.= C- (well it's a pass, at least...)
French= A-
Geography= A
Business Studies= A
R.E= A

Beat that, B!tches!

MK Ultra

BOOGEYMAN
is a Forum Moderator Alumnus
Well, as every other English guys who reads this thread, I'm completly bamboozled by all these crazy subjects, numbers and report card things. Here's my current levels (English word for grade). Oh and btw I'm in year 10 (second-to-last-year of British High School)

English Literature= A-
English Language= A*
Statistics= A
Maths= A*
Biology= B-
Chemistry= A
Physics= A*
French= A-
Geography= A
Business Studies= A
R.E= A

Beat that, B!tches!
Just got some predicted GCSE grades.

English: B
Maths: A*
Biology: A*
Physics: A*
Chemistry: A*/A
French: A*
Music: A
Citizenship: C
R.S. : A
Business Studies: A
ICT: A* (Already taken)
How's that?

Also, since I posted that my English has been changed to an A.

I'm just kidding, those grades are great. What, and where, if anywhere, do you plan to study at university?

Can't be bothered to list all subjects, but my grades currently are holding current at 98% an A, I'm so annoyed. I mean, This is my worst grade in my 6th year of college, this just doesn't hold up...

English Literature= A-
English Language= A*
Statistics= A
Maths= A*
Biology= B-
Chemistry= A
Physics= A*
French= A-
Geography= A
Business Studies= A
R.E= A

Beat that, B!tches!
Way back in 2009, I posted this. Good stuff.

Also, kinda on-topic, I went on an 'open day' sort of thing at Warwick today. The highlight was being shown a room in the halls; the occupant had his Pokéwalker on his desk, so I got out mine and we connected them. I only got a Honey :(

I dropped out of High school with a .875 GPA. y'all jelly?

well, actually, my GPA actually was a .875 in 9th Grade. I'll hold back on what I graduated with.

Just got accepted to Tulane! (Early Action is soooo nice for safeties). Waiting for Chicago...

Grades not wonderful this year. Predicted grades:
Japanese 3rd year: B (I'll get close but won't make that A)
AP Biology: A
Dual Enrollment English: A (Amazing class. Only time in my life I've been motivated to write essays)
Strength and Conditioning: A
Government - United States Constitiution: A
Dual Enrollment World History: A
Dual Enrollment Probability and Statistics: B
AP Physics C Electricity and Magnetism: A
Latin 3rd Year: A

Just got accepted to Tulane! (Early Action is soooo nice for safeties). Waiting for Chicago...

Grades not wonderful this year. Predicted grades:
Japanese 3rd year: B (I'll get close but won't make that A)
AP Biology: A
Dual Enrollment English: A (Amazing class. Only time in my life I've been motivated to write essays)
Strength and Conditioning: A
Government - United States Constitiution: A
Dual Enrollment World History: A
Dual Enrollment Probability and Statistics: B
AP Physics C Electricity and Magnetism: A
Latin 3rd Year: A
I suppose you could FINALLY tell us how magnets work??

Also, sweet grades. Japanese I hear is a very hard course.

supermarth64

Here I stand in the light of day
is a Contributor Alumnus
I hate applying to colleges...

Already accepted into Rutgers Pharm, Arts & Sciences, and Engineering.
Waiting for UIUC.
Still have CMU, JHU, Tufts, Cornell, NYU, and maybe UPenn/Columbia remaining.

Funny thing is my current senior year GPA is higher than my freshman's XD.

I suppose you could FINALLY tell us how magnets work??

Also, sweet grades. Japanese I hear is a very hard course.
I did Japanese in high school, and like many of the language courses, the marks basically looked like this:

Band 6 (90+) = Native speakers who weren't born in the country and hence didn't get excluded from doing the course.
Band 5 (80+) = Non-native speakers who spent a sizable amount of time in the country.
Band 4 (70+) = Most of the rest of the students.

In fact, it got so bad with a number of the HSC language courses being topped consistently by native speakers who shouldn't have been doing the course that they created a new version of several courses, e.g. where there was originally Japanese (Beginners) and Japanese (Continuers), they added Japanese (Background Speakers) which anyone born in Japan or who had been educated in Japanese (i.e. had been taught other subjects in Japanese) had to do.

Can't be bothered to list all subjects, but my grades currently are holding current at 98% an A, I'm so annoyed. I mean, This is my worst grade in my 6th year of college, this just doesn't hold up...
Is this post for fucking real?

Anyways, I've heard that the Cal State Universities have a machine look at your application, and that tells you if you're selected or not. Can anyone confirm this? Because that shits just fucking scary. O__O

This means I can kiss Cal Poly SLO goodbye....

I dropped out of High school with a .875 GPA. y'all jelly?

well, actually, my GPA actually was a .875 in 9th Grade. I'll hold back on what I graduated with.
My hero. <3

My friend dropped out of UB with like, a 0.12 GPA or something.

I don't feel like I'm doing well this semester, but my grades are 103.7, 99.5, 99, 100.6, 102.4, and 99. the is fuck wrong with me? I feel like a total failure this semester but idgi. I wonder if my general pessimistic view of myself is sapping into my school work.

not trolling at all guys. I feel like something is wrong with me. I was wondering if anyone else went through what I am going through with feeling disappointed in something that's great just because you feel like you didn't do as well as YOU could. and what you guys think as far as if I should try to/need to get away from it or if it's a good quality.

Eraddd

One Pixel
is a Community Leader Alumnusis a Smogon Media Contributor Alumnus
I hate applying to colleges...

Already accepted into Rutgers Pharm, Arts & Sciences, and Engineering.
Waiting for UIUC.
Still have CMU, JHU, Tufts, Cornell, NYU, and maybe UPenn/Columbia remaining.

Funny thing is my current senior year GPA is higher than my freshman's XD.
That's the case for most people anyways. It's either they goofed off because it's only freshman year (who tries hard in your freshman year anyways?) or they know that most universities don't look as hard into your freshman year as they look into your junior year and your first half of your senior grades.

And congrats for the acceptance.

I don't feel like I'm doing well this semester, but my grades are 103.7, 99.5, 99, 100.6, 102.4, and 99. the is fuck wrong with me? I feel like a total failure this semester but idgi. I wonder if my general pessimistic view of myself is sapping into my school work.

not trolling at all guys. I feel like something is wrong with me. I was wondering if anyone else went through what I am going through with feeling disappointed in something that's great just because you feel like you didn't do as well as YOU could. and what you guys think as far as if I should try to/need to get away from it or if it's a good quality.
die

i sort of have that feeling with two of my easier classes this year. absurdly high grades relative to everyone else but i still feel like i could be doing better. it just means that you are comparing yourself to your own standard ("i know i got a high grade on that test but i made a few really stupid mistakes") rather than the standard set by everyone else, not necessarily a bad thing. you might want to tone it down a little bit though... could be taking it a bit overboard. advice: take some fucking harder classes

I was just wondering if anyone has an opinion on St.Edward's University in Austin. Today a district counselor told me that they're offering me a full ride scholarship for four years, but I was planning on going to Texas A&M. I want to major in either electrical engineering or in computer science.

Thanks for any help

Just got my second semester marks in. As usual, my second semester marks are lower than first semester, despite me putting more effort in second semester.

Corporations Law 60, Equity 66, Evidence 69, Real Property 77.

Equity really surprised me, since I got 75 in the midsemester assignment, and I thought I did quite well in the exam. I thought I phoned Evidence in so I'm surprised I did so well.

The other two were pretty much what I expected.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 0)