Project Fill In The Blank (Week 10 - Partners in Crime)

kenn

Prince of the Halidom
is a Community Contributoris a Battle Simulator Moderator
And with 5 votes, Watercelly's :ting-lu: is the winner!

However, the actual Pokemon was :porygon2: which TDLoriat guessed but ultimately didn't sub it so no bonus point! :(

This week, we got ourselves a doozy! I present to you another AAA team courtesy of Clas
:ogerpon-hearthflame::great tusk::roaring moon::corviknight::scream tail::poke ball:
This team aims to pivot in and out these powerful breakers/revenge killers while having synergy amongst the types of said pivots
Submissions end Friday February 16th!*​
*Also very important note, but if you have any teams you wanna submit, feel free to send them to me here or on Discord (just main OMs for now though)

I think its gotta be Manaphy for a couple of reasons. First, theres no current Regenerator user. Second, this team is super weak to Fire types like Iron Moth and Cinderace. Third, Manaphy helps pivot in the powerful wallbreakers in Great Tusk and Scream Tail. Lastly, there's no other Water type on the team. Here's the set:

:Manaphy: @ Assault Vest
Ability: Regenerator
Shiny: Yes
Tera Type: Water
EVs: 252 HP / 4 SpA / 252 SpD
Sassy Nature
IVs: 0 Spe
- Scald
- Knock Off
- Energy Ball / Ice Beam
- U-turn

Man I was so close
:mandibuzz:
Unaware go brrr
Mandibuzz (F) @ Heavy-Duty Boots
Ability: Unaware
Tera Type: Dark
EVs: 248 HP / 252 Def / 8 SpD
Relaxed Nature
- Foul Play
- Toxic
- Roost
- U-turn
Is there a reason the team is called “corvghold no more”

Anyways for the memes :archaludon:

Gimmicky

You give me chills, I've had it with the drills
is a Smogon Discord Contributoris a Contributor to Smogon

However, the actual Pokemon was :porygon2: which TDLoriat guessed but ultimately didn't sub it so no bonus point! :(

This week, we got ourselves a doozy! I present to you another AAA team courtesy of Clas
:ogerpon-hearthflame::great tusk::roaring moon::corviknight::scream tail::poke ball:

*Also very important note, but if you have any teams you wanna submit, feel free to send them to me here or on Discord (just main OMs for now though)
1707797390058.png

1707797400435.png

Gholdengo @ Life Orb
Ability: Magic Guard
EVs: 252 SpA / 4 SpD / 252 Spe
Timid Nature
IVs: 0 Atk
- Steel Beam
- Nasty Plot
- Recover
- Thunder Wave / Shadow Ball / Thunderbolt

Choosing MGLO here because the team lacks a real special breaker, with Scream Tail being more of a cleaner than anything. Though, it's a Gholdengo, so it could be basically any set and still fit here.

UT

Old habits die SCREAMING
is a Site Content Manageris a Top Team Rateris a Battle Simulator Administratoris a Top Social Media Contributoris a Member of Senior Staffis a Community Contributoris a Smogon Discord Contributoris a Top Contributoris a Top Smogon Media Contributoris a Dedicated Tournament Hostis a Tiering Contributor Alumnus
Appeals + C&C Lead
:Garchomp:
Garchomp @ Life Orb
EVs: 252 Atk / 4 Def / 252 Spe
Naughty Nature
- Earthquake
- Scale Shot
- Fire Blast
- Swords Dance

I am going slightly different here and loading an offensive regen; mixed Regen Chomp is honestly really hard to check consistently and can use its bulk + setup threat to get multiple chances to wallbreak or clean. It fits the offensive nature of this team well and gives both ground spam and dragon spam.

BoingK

back to the lab again
is a Pre-Contributor
I mean yes it's almost certainly :Gholdengo: and if it's not that it's almost certainly :manaphy:
BUT in the spirit of the game

The team needs a specially defensive mon that blankets a lot of threats and gains momentum. For that reason I will be suggesting:
:sv/empoleon:
Good boi @ Assault Vest
EVs: 252 HP / 4 Def / 252 SpD
Sassy Nature
- Surf
- Knock Off
- Flip Turn
- Earthquake / Ice Beam / Flash Cannon / Aqua Jet / Chilling Water / Stealth Rock / Literally Anything

This is a good boi. Empoleon is able to blanket check a large portion of the tier and regain momentum. Earthquake is the preferred move of choice to smack any Desoland Moth or Heatran looking to bully you. Surf allows Empoleon to have some offensive output and Knock and Flip allow Empoleon to always make progress. This also gives the team a Water type. Empoleon does well into Azelf and Gholdengo (they are forced to trick to make progress, enabling teammates to capitalise), non-Superpower Deo-S, Deso Moth, Deso Tran, and is probably the hardest Wake answer you could ask for.

(I'm still voting :Gholdengo:)

Yoko

I COULD BE BANNED!
i for one think its :arbok: to troll us but will just submit this
:sv/Swampert:
Swampert @ Assault Vest
Tera Type: Water
EVs: 252 HP / 4 Def / 252 SpD
Sassy Nature
- Flip Turn
- Knock Off
- Earthquake
- Stone Edge
as gambit said before this team is super weak to Fire types like Iron Moth and Cinderace so Swampert could be useful here. it also just acts as a blanket check for the large portion of the tier and can help regain momentum.

Upon reconsideration, the meme is viable
:archaludon:
As much as i hate him, he do be stopping fire types without impacting other team members

Archaludon @ Assault Vest
Ability: Primordial Sea
Tera Type: Steel
Timid Nature
- Electro Shot
- Body Press
- Draco Meteor
- Flash Cannon

I'm thinking the name "CorvGhold no more" implies the existance of a removal tool for the two steels thus:
:volcarona:
Volcarona @ Heavy-Duty Boots
Ability: Teravolt
Tera Type: Bug
Modest Nature
- Quiver Dance
- Fiery Dance
- Giga Drain
- Bug Buzz/Psychic
you could also run something spicer in the final moveslot like hurricane/air slash/overheat or something more utility like wisp or uturn. While some other set like SFLO or adaptability/beads of ruin would put out more damage against neutral targets, those sets would get walled by any WBB steel.

Cyril tbh

formerly LordDoesOtherStuff

This team lacks a certain... oomph. That oomph being :Fraxure:

Fraxure @ Choice Specs
Ability: Adaptability
Tera Type: Dragon
EVs: 248 HP / 252 SpA / 8 SpD
Modest Nature
- Draco Meteor
- Surf
- Snarl
- Dragon Pulse

While maybe a little bit out of style, I do genuinely believe this has great merit on the team. It might clash a little with roaring moon as an offensive dragon, but I think its the same boat as :walking_wake:, where you can run both. And unlike wake, :fraxure: has solid dark coverage in snarl, though swift is an option too. That dark move is vital for taking down :meloetta: and should be treasured, celebrated even. The goal for :fraxure: isnt to win games but for it to grab that one important kill so something like :roaring_moon: can win the game. That's my theory anyways.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 2)