Project Fill In The Blank (Week 10 - Partners in Crime)

kenn

Prince of the Halidom
is a Community Contributoris a Battle Simulator Moderator
Wednesday is the new Sunday right?

Sorry about being late but we are back with the results! With 2 of the 4 votes, congratulations goes to TDLoriat 's :pmd/garchomp:

However, the actual Pokemon was :pmd/great tusk: which was correctly submitted byTTTech so congrats to them as well!

This week we have a Godly Gift team from none other than the winner for last week, TDLoriat
:pmd/skarmory::pmd/ogerpon-wellspring::pmd/clodsire::pmd/clefable::pmd/glimmora::poke ball:
Skarmory, Clefable, and Clodsire provide the defensive lineup while Ogerpon and Glimmora act as breakers
Just because the "last slot" is missing doesn't mean that is where the missing mon is placed on this team! In fact, the missing mon is the God that should be gifting this team so try your best to determine which God it is!

Submissions will end Sunday April 14th! (Or earlier depending on my schedule lol)

Last edited:

BoingK

back to the lab again
is a Pre-Contributor
:calyrex-ice:
funny honse go brr

e: just realised that the glimm has to be speed and the clefable has to be spd. unlikely to be arceus because ogerpon on an arceus team is fake af, so i'd actually go kyurem-black :kyurem-black:

kenn

Prince of the Halidom
I was hoping there was gonna be sets :psyangry: (in the future please provide sets) but alas...let's vote!

Les2BG 's :pmd/necrozma-dusk-mane:
BoingK 's :pmd/kyurem-black:

Voting will be fast so I am gonna end it on Friday April 19th!

kenn

Prince of the Halidom
And with 2 votes, BoingK 's :pmd/kyurem-black: is the winner!

This week we got ourselves a Partners in Crime team courtesy of Evie
:pmd/primarina::pmd/rillaboom::pmd/incineroar::pmd/grimmsnarl::pmd/gholdengo::poke ball:
This team is built around helping Calm Mind Primarina win games, with Rillaboom and Incineroar providing Fake Out support and damage mitigation, as well as forming a strong Fire-Water-Grass core. Grimmsnarl provides further damage mitigation with dual screens, while Gholdengo provides a useful Steel-typing, a Taunt, Parting Shot, and Spore immunity, and a threatening setup option with Nasty Plot.
Submissions will end Wednesday April 24th!​

For the week 10 extravaganza, I thought I’d go over thought processes.
1. Read Blurb - notice no mention of speed control
2. Check Vr for PiC - See that Tornadus I is both legal and good
3. Check movesets - only one taunt, no weather counterplay, no speed control outside of limited priority
Conclusion: Tornadus :tornadus:
Tornadus @ Covert Cloak
Ability: Prankster
Tera Type: Water
EVs: 252 SpA / 4 SpD / 252 Spe
Timid Nature
- Bleakwind Storm
- Heat Wave
- Tailwind
- Taunt
Customize the set to your liking to fit the perceived needs of the team.
Edit: Trick room seems highly out of place when gholdengo has speed evs, and Tornadus isnt just a tailwind machine. The best sets typically use tailwind, but providing a second prankster pokemon and a second taunt is an incredibly valuable slot as well as being a relatively fast and strong threat.

Last edited:

drampa's grandpa

cannonball
is a Community Contributoris a Community Leader Alumnus
Agree with TDloriat there definitely needs to be some weather counterplay here, notably Sun. Dragonite gives the team more priority while further enabling Primarina setting up thanks to Multiscale. Espeed helps with revenge killing.

:dragonite:
Dragonite @ Choice Band
Ability: Multiscale
Tera Type: Normal
EVs: 252 Atk / 4 SpD / 252 Spe
Adamant Nature
- Extreme Speed
- Fire Punch / Rock Slide
- Dragon Claw
- Thunder Punch

HiZo

我が為に苦しめ。我が為に狂い泣け。我が為に死ね。
is a Programmeris a Community Contributoris a Tiering Contributoris a Battle Simulator Staff Alumnus
This team loads rly badly into torn + lando compositions even w/ screens. You don't need to run tailwind, especially since this team runs a lil bulkier. But since there is grassy terrain, might as well run something that can jump faster attackers while also being able to benefit from special setup spam. Synergy w/ setup from Ghold and Prim, and its super bulky under screens. Bonus for allowing Prim and Ghold to play mindgames.

Raging Bolt @ Booster Energy
Ability: Protosynthesis
EVs: 252 HP / 252 SpA / 4 SpD
IVs: 20 Atk
Tera Type: Flying
Modest Nature
- Thunderclap
- Thunderbolt
- Draco Meteor
- Protect

thought process for my submission:
1. There is zero speed control here, not absolutely necessary cuz this is screens but it would help a lot
2. There are zero lando-I checks here, the best mon into it is prim, the last slot needs to handle lando-I
3. With the incin Rilla Grimm core already here I would prefer something that can be threatening either as immediate damage or setup
So
Porygon2 @ Eviolite
Ability: Download
Tera Type: Fairy/Stellar/Ghost
EVs: 252 HP / 140 Def / 36 SpA / 72 SpD / 8 Spe
Modest Nature
- Tera Blast/Thunderbolt
- Ice Beam
- Recover
- Trick Room

P2 can be a threatening alternative setup sweeper, gives speed control with TR since the team is relatively slow, checks lando, and download boosts are helpful for most of the team. P2 also provides recovery since ghold has protect on this team. Also I have no idea what the Tera type could be lmao

yuki

Huh? Me? Not this time...
is a Site Content Manageris a Forum Moderatoris a Community Contributoris a Smogon Discord Contributoris a Top Contributoris a Battle Simulator Moderatoris a Top Team Rater Alumnusis a Battle Simulator Admin Alumnusis a Social Media Contributor Alumnusis a Community Leader Alumnus
Unfortunately, my other leaders have nicked two of the guesses I would have gone for. So I'm gonna describe the team as I see it:

1: Speed control is not a factor here, this is a pure balance and if anything something that can slot TR could just take the last slot
2: Landorus is an awful Pokemon for this team to face
3: Damage mitigation and playing a longer, more pivoty game is usually gonna be how the team operates. With that, some form of recovery would be beneficial.

As such, I am going to suggest the following:
Chien-Pao @ Heavy-Duty Boots
Ability: Sword of Ruin
Tera Type: Fairy
EVs: 148 HP / 196 Atk / 56 SpD / 108 Spe
Adamant Nature
- Icicle Crash
- Throat Chop
- Recover
- Protect

I-Is that a bulky Chien-Pao???
Yes. This provides immediate offense which the team loves. It supports the priority options already on the team. It provides Sword of Ruin as a defensive tool, as it effectively shuts off opposing Sword of Ruin. And with the team running Screens, Spirit Break, Parting Shot, and Intimidate, it's very easy for Chien-Pao to be just bulky enough to withstand a hit or two and leave ruin where it came from. This also provides the missing Recover for the team, actually giving Primarina, Gholdengo and Incineroar some really needed longevity - potentially at Prankster Speed. Tera Fairy means it can decide to withstand Fighting moves more effectively, though frankly there's a lot of good neutral defensive Tera types you can use on this.

Very much going for the one point this week.

252+ SpA Dragon Fang Dragon's Maw Regidrago Dragon Energy (150 BP) vs. 148 HP / 56 SpD Chien-Pao through Light Screen: 264-311 (78.1 - 92%) -- guaranteed 2HKO
252+ SpA Gholdengo Make It Rain vs. 148 HP / 56 SpD Chien-Pao through Light Screen: 285-337 (84.3 - 99.7%) -- guaranteed 2HKO

252+ Atk Guts Ursaluna Extreme Speed vs. 148 HP / 0 Def Chien-Pao: 273-322 (80.7 - 95.2%) -- guaranteed 2HKO
-1 156+ Atk Iron Hands Drain Punch vs. 148 HP / 0 Def Chien-Pao through Reflect: 288-339 (85.2 - 100.2%) -- 6.3% chance to OHKO (note this requires a Knock Off prior to an Intimidate to be possible)

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 1)