Sports FIFA World Cup Qatar 2022

charizard8888

Catch The Wave
is a Forum Moderator Alumnus
I can't describe how happy I am. After the 2014 final I thought i was never going to see a WC final with Argentina and now we are champions of the world.

About the game: Told y'all Argentina wasn't playing at their full potential... the team in the first half was legendary, totally demolished France. One of the best moments of Argentina in WC history. Di María was RIDICULOUS, Dembelé and Koundé were humiliated. Idk what to say, every arg player was perfect for 75 minutes, De Paul, Mac Allister, Messi, Enzo, Julian. The defensive line was great too, Otamendi had an incredible WC, really happy for him.
Then Mbappé appeared, he is the perfect villain, almost changed the course of the history with his hat trick, 8 goals in a fucking WC. Hope he and his France don't dominate international football in the coming years but it seems hard tbh..
One of the greatest finals of all times, but Argentina deserved this for all the moments we went trough in this tournament, no team fighted more than Argentina, the team showed a strong mentality and an epic will to win.

BTW ARGENTINA WON THE WORLD IN THIS EXACT MOMENT. GREATEST SAVE I'VE EVER SEEN.

thx for all the people in the thread for making it fun :blobthumbsup:
Yeah man that save was HUGE, can never forget that
Martinez the beast

I'll be fine with France winning the Euros though

phoopes

I did it again
is a Site Content Manager Alumnusis a Senior Staff Member Alumnusis a Community Contributor Alumnusis a Contributor Alumnusis a Battle Simulator Moderator Alumnus
shoutout to the final for ending five minutes before the first slate of NFL games were set to kick off

in all seriousness, I don't watch a lot of soccer but that to be the best match I've ever seen. the size of the moment and the quality of the game won't be matched anytime soon. Happy for Messi that he got his World Cup. GOAT status cemented

charizard8888

Catch The Wave
is a Forum Moderator Alumnus
"Today, football continues to tell its story, as always, in an enthralling way, Messi winning his first World Cup, as his trajectory deserved. My dear friend, Mbappe, scoring four goals in a final. What a gift it was to watch this spectacle to the future of our sport. And I couldn't fail to congratulate Morocco for the incredible campaign. It's great to see Africa shine. Congratulations Argentina! Certainly Diego is smiling now."

- Pele

Such beautiful words from the legend himself!
He sends a message for everyone

LBDC

From Eu to the Mont-Saint-Michel
is a Tiering Contributoris a Contributor to Smogonis a Site Content Manager Alumnusis a Top Social Media Contributor Alumnusis a Forum Moderator Alumnusis a Smogon Media Contributor Alumnus
Oh by the way, I can't be the only one who dwell on this missed shot of Messi in extra time (90+5?). A missile that *almost* killed the game...

(sorry, I couldn't get a better quality picture :pikuh: )

I was thinking how similar it was to a Zidane shot back in 2006 final, in extra-time at 1-1. I find both to be extraordinarily similar in their scenario: a player can score and secure win to his team, but the goalkeeper saves it. Thankfully for Messi, he didn't do what Zidane did after the shoot...
He won it after all.

Pelé classing the shootout penalty he scored as Mbappe's 4th goal in the game is so hilariously on brand
Fwiw, the wording makes it uncertain but I think Pelé also refers to Mbappe 4th goal in a WC final, in total? So, including the 2018 goal he scored against Croatia.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 0)