Featured LC Player of the Week 1: blarajan

Ray Jay

"Jump first, ask questions later, oui oui!"
is a Site Content Manager Alumnusis a Community Leader Alumnusis a Community Contributor Alumnusis a Tiering Contributor Alumnusis a Top Contributor Alumnusis a Smogon Media Contributor Alumnus
Hello everyone, and welcome to our latest forum project: featured LC player of the week! This project aims to increase visibility of LC players to both the outside world and our community while promoting both users and the strategies they think are effective in the metagame. If you'd like to see someone interviewed for Featured LC Player of the Week, please feel free to pm me! If you'd like to see something done differently, also please let me know!

blarajan
Favorite Pokemon: Ampharos
Most known for: Tier Leader of LC, walls of text that got LC into SPL
Playstyle: Unknown
Most used Pokemon: Unknown
Number of times he has fallen prey to Stockpile Numel: One too many​

Our first subject is blarajan . blarajan is the LC tiering leader for Gen VI, and is also known for his Indian-ness and dubious claims of actually having played Gen VI LC at some point since it has been released. Some sources say that they have played against one of blarajan's alts on the ladder, but upon being complimented on a nice prediction, he rubbed it in their face that he was the LC tiering leader and that they shouldn't feel too bad. Still others suggest that blarajan actually never reveals himself on the ladder, but is immediately recognizable by what we can only speculate is a copy/pastable line of text that he throws out after every battle which invites users to come to #littlecup to learn why they should stop using Aipom and use Meowth instead more about the Little Cup tier. At the end of the day, it's hard to figure out why so many people have created a mysterious figure out of who is really just an average college student (allegedly) playing Pokemon.

Without further ado, here's what blarajan had to say to my questions.

How and when did you start playing LC? Do you remember your first team?
Honestly? I started playing when I asked Shiny Azelf, when he was relevant, to teach me, right after gligar / carvanha / murkrow / meditite got banned. I went through the Little Cup tutoring thing (when that was a social group!!), and he tried teaching me. I smashed him my first game playing, but fell in love with the tier in the process. I have absolutely no idea what my first team was, but it probably sucked. I do remember topping the PO ladder at the time my first week playing though.

What is your favorite element of LC?
Besides the cuteness? I like it because the games feel different with smaller Pokemon. Everything is significantly more exact, to the point where you can plan strategies down to specific hit points. I think that adds an element of reliability to the game that makes playing much more enjoyable.

If you could change one thing about LC by banning or unbanning it, what would it be?
PHIONE

(unfortunately for blarajan, your humble interviewer has already registered the nick "Free Phione" on the Pokemon Showdown! server)

LC user or player you most admire?
Hmm...I don't really have one I "admire" because I am friends with all of the users and appreciate everyone's contribution to the tier individually. I love the lot of you guys, so thanks for making this tier fun for me to run.

What do you think is the most successful Pokemon, core, or strategy in the current meta?

Tangela Sun. That is all I have to say about this matter.

Advice to new LCers?
Try it out. That's all, plain and simple. There is nothing to stop you from trying it as all of the resources are there and we want to make the transition as possible for you. Need to know the threats? Check the threat list. Want to know the speeds at a glance? Check the speed tiers. Need a sample team for the metagame? We got you. If you need an introduction or the rules, that's all there too. We're currently working on the XY beginner article, which will have all this information and more. #littlecup on IRC is an excellent resource as well. We want to make the transition as possible so if you have any ideas for us on how to do so, just let us know. You will get all the help you need if you want to try out the tier.

deinosaur

now available in lowercase
is a Smogon Media Contributor Alumnus
blarajan brags about his lc accomplishments, gold thread imo

shout out to ShinyAzelf though, what a fuckin cool guy tho

Ray Jay

"Jump first, ask questions later, oui oui!"
is a Site Content Manager Alumnusis a Community Leader Alumnusis a Community Contributor Alumnusis a Tiering Contributor Alumnusis a Top Contributor Alumnusis a Smogon Media Contributor Alumnus
If anyone has any future suggestions for LC Player of the Week, feel free to put them here!

If you have any recommendations or people you'd like to see featured, please pm them to me!

prem

failed abortion
is a Site Content Manager Alumnusis a Forum Moderator Alumnusis a Community Contributor Alumnusis a Top Contributor Alumnusis a Battle Simulator Moderator Alumnus
if you are gonna interview the guy might as well like ask him some things about his personal life like hobbys and stuff JUST SAYING

Soul Fly

IMMA TEACH YOU WHAT SPLASHIN' MEANS
is a Contributor Alumnus
'Being Indian' and 'Curry'are interesting hobbies only the first 500 times you tell them.

edit:im sorry that just sounds downright mean. we all love the brown users. Except aldaron. fuck that dictator.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 0)