Favorite Pokemon to Use in Generation V

Bedschibaer

NAME = FUCK
is a Social Media Contributor Alumnusis a Forum Moderator Alumnus

One wouldn't believe that people still lose to Skarmory, after doing the exact same thing since it's first appereance in pokemon (well in gen 2 it didn't have hazards, but whatever). Skarmory is still the best physical wall to use, incredible typing, incredible stats. No matter if you use it to set up hazards as soon as possible, wall almost every physical attacker, be your premier phazer, Skarm is a perfect teamplayer. Hazards, Taunt, reliable recovery and a strong Brave Bird that gets Espeon afraid to get in, in every match Skarm will find it's way to get in and deliver the job. I haven't played much XY yet, but i think the Steel nerf will hit it pretty hard, especially considering how commonly seen Gengar and Aegilash are at the moment. Rest in piece sweet prince!

Mine was probably Darmanitan. I used this on all of my sun teams and it was an absolute beast. I mostly used the scarf set with Flare Blitz/U-turn/Rock Slide/Superpower. Most people underestimated this behemoth and i would win most of my games because of him. People would seem to forget that he could nab 2HKOs on mons like Jellicent and Tentacruel in the sun. Even though rain hurt its viability, once rain was gone Darm was sure to wreck some shit. It also served pretty well as an early game scout/pivot. It was just so much fun to sweep half of my opponents team with this.

As I'm slowly getting into competitive battling, I'm finding that my favorite pokemon is Dusknoir. He has insanely high defense to start, and can wall most attackers with ease. He also has high physical attack to hit them hard. He knows Payback, Substitute, Will-O-Wisp, and Shadow Punch, and holds the Leftovers.

Last edited:
Mine is by far six pokemon one team I used and those were tan growth amongus both the slow family mienshao and reuniculus
they all hD legtovers and all had 252 Evs in hp and there better defensive stat except fir miebshao who had 252 in ATT and Spe and SpA and it was the funnest thing ever to play just because of the fact that it took almost zero damage because of regenerator and that's why those six will always hold a special place in my heart

Mine is by far six pokemon one team I used and those were tan growth amongus both the slow family mienshao and reuniculus
they all hD legtovers and all had 252 Evs in hp and there better defensive stat except fir miebshao who had 252 in ATT and Spe and SpA and it was the funnest thing ever to play just because of the fact that it took almost zero damage because of regenerator and that's why those aix will always hold a special place in my heart

Swords Dance / Choice Specs Lure (seriously guys, try this thing out) Lucario are my favorites offensively, but how has no one mentioned SubDisable Gengar??

Gengar @ Leftovers
Ability: Levitate
EVs: 4 HP / 252 SAtk / 252 Spd
Timid Nature
- Substitute
- Disable
- Shadow Ball
- Focus Blast

Absolutely lethal. It's multiple immunities let it come in extremely easily on a plethora of common Pokemon and can set up a speedy Substitute. Disable further helps its ability to force switches because many Pokemon carry only one (or fewer...) coverage move for Gengar. It has one of the highest Special Attack stats in OU and wreaks havoc with STAB Shadow Ball and Focus Blast for perfect type coverage. Even Focus Blast's low accuracy isn't so hard to swallow if Gengar is behind a Sub. Seriously, this guy can be unstoppable without a dedicated counter. I mean, Game Freak probably created Aegislash just to deal with this offensive monstrosity...

Last edited:

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 1)