Pending Faster /randbats

Dusk Mage Necrozma

formerly XenonHero126
I am proposing two additions to the /randbats command to make it easier to use in a battle:

1: add an abbreviation

/randbats is somewhat long to type out. /rb is taken up by roomban, but /rands or /rand might work.

2: type /randbats during battle without any Pokemon name to give info on all active Pokemon

Instead of having to copy-paste a Pokemon name or type it out, I think it would be a nice quality-of-life change to be able to do this. It could also be made so it only shows the opponent’s Pokemon’s data, but I find it’s also helpful to see what the opponent can know about my mon.

Clementine

(scam) artist
is a Top Artistis a Forum Moderatoris a Community Contributoris a Top Tiering Contributoris a Battle Simulator Moderatoris a Community Leader Alumnusis a defending SCL Champion
Hello XenonHero126 and thanks for your suggestion!
Both the additions you proposed are solved by using the handy dandy Randbats Tooltip that you get by adding the incredible Firefox browser extension which shows additional set information such as possible items, abilities, stats, and moves when hovering over Pokémon.
However, since this extension is only available on Firefox, I wholeheartedly support this suggestion, especially the 2nd proposition.

Annika

is a Battle Simulator Administratoris a Community Leaderis a Programmer
PS Admin
You can install the extension on Chrome, too; it just requires a slight bit more work. There are directions for this in the thread Clementine linked:
EDIT: The Chrome extension has been taken down by Google due to a DMCA notice from a company acting on behalf of Nintendo. As such, the
only way to use this extension on Chrome is by manually downloading chrome.zip from the latest release and unzipping it somewhere on your hard drive, going to chrome://extensions in your browser, checking the box for 'Developer Mode', and then using the 'Load unpacked extension' option to load the unzipped contents of the extension.
I'm fine with the second suggestion and can implement that if it's widely supported. The first suggestion is OK, but I don't like /rand because it makes me think of a random-number service generally rather than random battles.

Celever

no longer hibernating
is a Community Contributor
Bumping this because Xceloh suggested a streamlined idea for this that I think would be awesome to have!

Shortening /randbats to /rands would generally be convenient and clear since everyone calls it rands, sometimes newer users get confused and assume it's /rands. Xceloh suggested that /randsx where x is the generation you're searching would be good, and I agree. So "/randbats Piloswine, gen3" would become "/rands3 Piloswine". This would save a lot of time particularly for rands staff mass searching movepools while we modify formats, but is also just a generally streamlined command and a good quality of life change.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 0)