Fakemon Central (read the rules in the OP)

Not much to say since there are no visual sketches and the like, although jackalopes can easily fit within the Pokeverse. Personal opinion is that Ice/Fairy could be a better fit since they're more of a fairytale rather than a scientific observation (and even then, viruses aren't exactly venom-related). Granted, that type change would affect your design, so take it as you will.

I believe I've already commented on this on PS, but while having the designs inspired by common clothing items is great, I wouldn't go as far as them being literally used as such. Kind of breaks the idea that "Pokemon came first" and then humans basically mimicking their traits in their own technology or society, but I may be splitting hairs here. Cool theme nonetheless.

Now for some of my own

A design I've revisited since I wanted to break even further away from its older similarities from Duskull, so I added the antennae and removed the ribcage to make it more similar to a regular beetle. Based on the grim reaper and beetles that feed on cadavers. Name comes from Necro (death) and Athropod (insect classification).

Another old design I've decided to completely revamp. Based on memorials and tombs, somewhat concerned that the design is too simple by modern standards, but at the same time it's not too similar to existing designs either. Names comes from Ghost+Obelisk and Spirit+Pyramid.

Finally some new designs I finished today. Based on the typical family in the retro days, with the hen wearing an apron and the rooster suspenders. Names comes from Hatch+Chirp, Hen+Embrace, and Rooster+Stern.
Bummer, holy shit. I saw some of your designs on /vp/. You’re a god.

I made an evoline based off of the "Teru Teru Bouzo" (the same basis for castform). I tried my best ok :,(

Teruboo: The Climate Pokemon
Base Stats:
Hp: 70 Atk: 30 Def: 60 SpA: 85 SpD: 80 Spe: 70 Total: 395

Teruboo evolutions are split by gender

Booribon (Male ♂): The Sunny Pokemon
Soraiboo (Female ♀): The Rainy Pokemon

Base Stats (for both):
Hp: 95 Atk: 35 Def: 100 SpA: 115 SpD: 95 Spe: 95 Total: 535

They all have the same abilities:
Roulette (randomly changes the weather into any)
Go Away (all weather, no matter how harsh, will dissipate)
TerubooEvoLine.png

After getting banned in July for poll-jumping on CAP25, I decided to spend the off-time making my own takes on where I was trying to take the project. For the Grass starter, I made a Grass/Electric line of aquatic parasites; for the Fire starter, I made a Fire/Psychic line of flaming brains; and for the Water starter, I made a Water/Steel line of medical-facility-clam mashups. I actually have a crude rough sketch of Bivealth, the Water starter:

A80FC7D3-F6A9-489B-A9B4-3B9CD463E9D1.jpeg

(Yes, I drew Bivealth myself. That's why the drawing is terrible.)

Now here's a real treasure, QxC4eva the person who handles making 3D models for CAP mons has agree to let me commission them. That means Luvi and her evos are going to have models! Check out the finish product of Luvi! Here's their DA if you wanna be up to date with their work. Here's the DA link! https://www.deviantart.com/flopzee/art/Luvi-3D-743463836
That looks freaking amazing! I'm totally subscribing to that artist...

Could I get assistance with naming a fakemon?

Treegon, Dragwood, Woodzard, <insert your ideas plz>
key words i've come up with so far - lizard, dragon, tree, wood, arbor

It's a dragon/grass type based off of the "Dragon Blood Tree" as well as seeing pictures of trees looking a bit like dragons. I'll have to upload my first draft of it's design. So far it has long horns with tree leaves on it, a triangular head, long, thick arms and legs, and a two pronged tail that looks like a tree root. It's color scheme will be very similar to tree wood (as a camouflage method)
As far as habits it cannot fly. When it is tired it will sit upright, leaves from its horns and wrists will grow. It raises its arms and sits stiff like a tree, with the tail taking root in any nearby patch of soil or sand. Doing this - it restores it's energy/eats. IT is a gentle/quiet dragon/grass type. Preferring to live close to thick forests. The older the pokemon is - the thicker and more plentiful it's leaves will be. Sometimes it stands still for so long that other plants, fungi, or mosses will start growing on it.
Kind of like an Ent from lord of the Rings - just now thought of the similarity.

Hey asherthefox I thought your fakemon was really cool so I did a quick messy drawing of it myself. Thought the non resting form might look something like this. Unintentionally changed the hands in the resting version to become more like branches, but I like how you had the hands as well. Oh and the name I liked most was wyrmwood
:O oooo thanks! I love it! You drew that pretty quick too :D
I'm terrible at doing stats, but i love making designs lol! The hands actually look better like the one you did, looks more natural
I'll keep wyrmwood in mind!

Here's One of it's pre-evolutions - Should i make it look more like a frilled lizard head? Or should I use the same head as Wyrmwood?

It's called Snapdragon - based on the flower of the same name and a Dragon lily. Snapdragon's design is midway between flower and a tree sapling
It's woody back let's it blend in with fallen trees or mossy/river banks. It's green underbelly blends with the mosses and green fields it dwells in.
The tail is akin to a tree branch. With the tail it can absorb minerals and matter from the ground (same as Wyrmwood).
Snapdragon has a large, brilliant flower on its head. The petals can be different colors depending on where Snapdragon is located.
Known petal colors (horns remain the same) are Pink, violet, red, white. Snapdragon absorbs sunlight through it's scales.
It is generally docile, and gets mistaken for a log to sit on. Holding a snapdragon (any of the wyrmwood line) in your team attracts grass, fairy, and dragon pokemon.

Let me hear your thoughts and ideas on it :)
I'm making a baby pokemon evolution called Snapling (still debating on the name)
Included a shiny (2nd/bottom)
Snapdragon!.png

Shiny form below
snapdragon! shiny.png

Screen Shot 2019-01-19 at 2.41.00 PM.png

Rough draft sketch of a first-stage grass starter pokemon called Fiddlesprout. It draws inspiration from tree ferns and an extinct lizard from Australia.
The Seedling Fern Pokémon
Grass-Type
Height: 0’ 09” Weight: 2.7 lbs
Overgrow/Ancient Jungle (Hidden Ability)
Pokedex Entry: This pokemon is most active in the springtime, when it wakes from hibernation and begins to unfurl its leaves. It gets along well with pokemon that have been revived from fossils.

Evolves at lvl 16

Base Stats
HP - 45
Attack - 58
Defense - 45
Sp. Attack - 40
Sp. Defense - 35
Speed - 47
Total - 270

Learned Moves
1 - Growth
3 - Scratch
5 - Leafage
8 - Ingrain
12 - Spore
12 - Stun Spore
12 - Poison Powder
16 - Razor Leaf
20 - Fury Attack
23 - Leaf Blade
25 - Slash
28 - Grassy Terrain
31 - Synthesis
36 - Ancient Power
40 - Leaf Storm

Egg Moves
Leech Seed
Sunny Day
Morning Sun
Worry Seed
Cotton Guard
Cute Charm
Magical Leaf
Double Slap
Camouflage
Tail Slap

TM/HM Moves
01 - Work Up
10 - Hidden Power
11 - Sunny Day
20 - Safeguard
21 - Frustration
27 - Return
53 - Energy Ball
54 - False Swipe
86 - Grass Knot
87 - Swagger
96 - Nature Power

Move Tutor Moves
Grass Pledge
Grassy Terrain
Ancient Power
Camouflage

Any thoughts/ideas for a Fakemon series theme? I have my pokedex so far being based off of the Middle East - namely Israel and Egypt.
What theme do you think the Legendaries might be? Or the game/series itself

Like Sun/Moon, Diamond/Pearl, X/Y, Black/White, gold/silver, etc...

Idk if I wanna call it Pokemon Genesis/Exodus, Aether/Nether, Alpha/Omega, Beginning/End, Time/Space, Friend/Nemesis, Love/Despair, Truth/Secret, Truth/Justice, Fire/Ice, Light/Darkness, another one I saw was "Nature/Industry or Nature/Steel"
thorn/rose, angel/imp, heart/lacrima(tear).

Hello! I'm new to the forum. I was looking for a place to share my little side project. This Pokemon is a part of a series of Fakemon created to inhabit a region based off Michigan in the US. I'm from the area and thought it would be fun to create some Pokemon that fit the environment and customs of the area.

This is Piwi. Piwi is clearly not a strong Pokemon. It is the first in a diverging evolutionary tree. Piwi resembles the youth around here that become interested in the winter sports. It is a runt and is full of aggression and drive. Piwi must choose a sport to escape in and that determines what evolutionary route it follows. The ability might be busted. My other thought for the ability is maybe existing ones like Prankster or Justified, but maybe another possibility is an ability that allows for Dark type moves to become fighting for STAB.

Hopefully I can finish some of these other illustrations for the others in his tree and share them with y'all.

While I don't have full visual designs, I do have a few Fakemon concepts I made for a fan game that didn't really go anywhere. Unfortunately, I've also lost access to the main design doc where all the stats were stored, so I had to remake them to the best of my memory, except for the first Fakemon.

EDIT: Just read the "don't spam ideas" part of the first thread. The rest of the designs will come later."

Bombirdier:

Bombirdier is a Normal/Flying type that looks like a cross between Wrastor from Rivals of Aether (an eagle with pilot scarf and goggles) and the chunkiness of a World War II bomber.

Code:
 HP:  85
Att:  110
Def:  110
SpA:  49
SpD:  60
Spe:  71
Bombirdier's main abilities are Big Pecks and Tinted Lens, with Sniper as its hidden ability.

Since this was made for a fan game, there were a few changes to existing moves and abilities, and Bombirdier was designed around two such changes. The first is Egg Bomb, which we changed to be 150 power and 85% accuracy. While most of the birds would learn Egg Bomb through TM (oh yeah, did you know that Egg Bomb was at one point a TM?) Bombirdier would be the one to learn it through level up. The second change was to Big Pecks, which now ignores the opponent's attack buffs, similar to how Keen Eye ignores the opponent's evasion buffs.

While I never finalized Bombirdier's movepool, I did come up with a list of moves it would learn:
Egg Bomb
Roost
Featherdance
Whirlwind
Flame Charge
Fire Punch
Brave Bird
U-turn
Barrage
Hone Claws
Heat Wave
Slash
Focus Energy

With that, how about some sets?
Set-up Sweeper (Bombirdier) @ Normalium Z
Ability: Tinted Lens
EVs: 252 Atk / 4 SpD / 252 Spe
Adamant Nature
- Egg Bomb
- Roost
- Fire Punch / Flame Charge
- Hone Claws

Choice Band (Bombirdier) @ Choice Band
Ability: Tinted Lens
Adamant Nature
- Egg Bomb
- Brave Bird
- Fire Punch
- U-turn

Physical Wall (Bombirdier) @ Leftovers
Ability: Big Pecks
EVs: 248 HP / 252 Def / 8 SpD
Impish Nature
- Roost
- U-turn
- Whirlwind
- Toxic / Egg Bomb / Return

Last edited:
Baashful:

Baashful is a Normal type that looks like a nervous sheep.

Unlike the other Fakemons I designed, I actually came up with a Pokedex entry for Baashful:
"This Pokemon is incredibly skittish and will flee at the slightest sign of danger. When cornered, it will curl up inside its own wool for protection."

Here are its stats:
Code:
 HP: 90
Att: 45
Def: 80
SpA: 45
SpD: 95
Spe: 130
Baashful's main ability is Cowardice (more on that later), and its hidden ability is Fluffy.

Baashful was created around the new ability Cowardice, which causes Baashful to switch out whenever it uses a non-self targeting move (think VoltTurn Mayhem). Its stats were built around the general lack of fast defensive Pokemon.

Again, I never finalized Baashful's movepool, but it would have included the following:
Cotton Guard
Cotton Spore
Defense Curl
First Impression
Wool Barrier (a new move that's like Spiky Shield or Baneful Bunker, but instead of damaging or poisoning upon contact, it lowers speed)
Rollout
Bounce
Electroweb
Tackle
Nuzzle
Thunder Wave
Thunderbolt
Thunder
Discharge
U-turn
DEFINITELY NOT FAKE OUT (two Baashfuls could lock the opponent down forever, or at least until both run out of Fake Out PP)

In addition to the Bombirdier and Baashful, I also designed several Mega evolutions for existing Pokemon. I'll share some of my favorites, starting with Mega Ledian.

Mega Ledian was originally your standard offensive Iron Fist Pokemon that Mega Ledians tend to be, but another member on the team proposed the idea of a Baton Pass Mega, and I realized that Ledian, being a Pokemon already suited for support, would be the perfect fit. Thus, I gave it Speed Boost, and buffed its defenses to allow it to take more hits while boosting before passing.

Type: Bug/Fighting (being part Fighting aids Mega Ledian in its Baton Passing role by making it neutral to Stealth Rock instead of super weak to it)

Code:
 HP: 55
Att: 75
Def: 110
SpA: 35
SpD: 130
Spe: 85
If only Ledian's HP wasn't so awful.

Here are some sets:
Baton Passer (Ledian-Mega) @ Ledianite
Ability: Early Bird
EVs: 252 HP / 4 Def / 252 Spe
Jolly Nature
- Swords Dance
- Baton Pass
- Lunge (oh yeah, we decided to give Ledian access to Lunge)
- Roost

Set-Up Sweeper (Ledian-Mega) @ Ledianite
Ability: Early Bird
Adamant Nature
- Swords Dance
- Lunge
- Drain Punch
- Ice Punch

Since I suck at making threads I’m going to try here.

I am Cataclyptic, the same one from deviantart. I am in the process of creating my own fakedex and I would like some help from the smogon populace, whose denziens are well versed in pokemon mechanics, to fill up some fakemon slots. I won’t ask for much, just a couple of ideas and concepts to help get me inspired to create some fakemon. Some have already been made and more will come in the following months once I have more time. You can see the ones I’ve already made here if you so please: https://www.deviantart.com/cataclyptic/gallery/60795168/Pokemon-Infinity

If you wish to contribute, please fill out any of the following forms below. And as a final note, the users that inspire me will get credit in the credits section as such. If my pipe dream of making a game from these fakemon ever becomes a reality, you will get credit there too.

1) Are there any underutilized moves and abilities that you believe have potential?

2) Is there a specific creature, real or not, that would make for a good or unique fakemon?

3) Is there an underutilized game mechanic that you’d like to see more focus on? (EX: Critical hits, Safeguard, etc.)

Any thoughts/ideas for a Fakemon series theme? I have my pokedex so far being based off of the Middle East - namely Israel and Egypt.
What theme do you think the Legendaries might be? Or the game/series itself

Like Sun/Moon, Diamond/Pearl, X/Y, Black/White, gold/silver, etc...

Idk if I wanna call it Pokemon Genesis/Exodus, Aether/Nether, Alpha/Omega, Beginning/End, Time/Space, Friend/Nemesis, Love/Despair, Truth/Secret, Truth/Justice, Fire/Ice, Light/Darkness, another one I saw was "Nature/Industry or Nature/Steel"
thorn/rose, angel/imp, heart/lacrima(tear).
Go with Egypt. And I’m not just saying that because I’m a sucker for ancient egyptian stuff. Off the top of my head I can think of a cover legendary trio based on someone else who already did it:

I’m thinking Ground/Dark for the first, Ground/Flying for the second, and then a Ground/Water third based upon the Nile river. Alternatively, a Psychic/Fire Amun-Re lookalike could fulfill a role.

EDIT: And while I’m not a fan of fake regions with two titles, if I may make a suggestion, Asher... Pokemon Aether and Pokemon Void. Third version IDK, you’re on your own for that.

Last edited:
A combo that I think could be cool is a negative ability like Truant, Slow Start, Defeatist, or Stall, in combination with access to the move Skill Swap.
That does sound good. Don’t know of it belongs in my dex though, as one of my rules is to swear off any signature moves/abilities of other pokemon unless I can find a really good reason to put them in, and all these negative abilities are signature...

I could make a new one... or, hm. I wonder if there exists an ability that is stupid on paper and practive, but if combined with a specific moves, turns it really good. Like a negative attack boost ability combined with power swap or something...

Another mega I made was Mega Rapidash. The obvious direction to go with Mega Rapidash would have been to make it a Pegasus. However, that would make it super weak to Stealth Rock, and it would need Aerilate to have access to actual Flying STAB. Instead, I took note of its access to Wild Charge, and decided to give it access to Reckless.

Type: Fire/Electric

Code:
 HP: 65
Att: 120
SpA: 90
SpD: 90
Spe: 155
Mixed Attacker (Rapidash-Mega) @ Rapidashite
Ability: Flash Fire
EVs: 252 Atk / 4 SpA / 252 Spe
Hasty Nature
- Flare Blitz
- Wild Charge
- High Horsepower
- Hidden Power [Ice]

This thread is kinda dead, but I might as well upload something I made a while back lol. :psysly:
Introducing Snohog and Gallacipine!

Quick Notes:
Frost Barbs (Ability) - Inflicts damage to the attacker on contact with ice spines. (Essentially Iron Barbs but for Snohog and Gallacipine
Subzero Screech - The user screeches with such pain and agony, it causes the opponent to freeze.
PP15 | ACC 45% | Status
Many ice type Pokémon can learn this move, so it isn't exclusively learnt by these Pokémon btw.

Snohog.jpg
Snohog
The Hedgehog Pokemon
Type: Ice

Snohog are shy creatures, most often found in the dead of night in Winter, frolicking and playing in fields of snow. However, as soon as they sense the presence of humans, they are known to bury into the snow.
During late Spring, Summer and early Autumn, Snohog hibernate in tree trunks and deep underground. They often snuggle together in groups of 2-5 .

Frost Barbs (Skill Link)
90/30/70/15/70/15

Gallacipine.jpg
Gallacipine
The Porcupine Pokemon
Type: Ice

Gallacipine's sharp spines are made entirely of ice, and are harder than diamonds. When under attack, they are able to shoot the spines out and injure the foe.
Gallacipine, much like their pre-evolved form, are most commonly found in the night, though the chances of seeing one are 1 in 10,000. Their spines are said to gleam and shimmer beautifully as the moon and stars shine on them.

Frost Barbs (Skill Link)
125/60/105/30/105/30

I did some key moves that it could utilize in competitive. Of course it'd have like Tackle, Harden and Sharpen etc but these would be ones you could actually use.

Icicle Spear
Rock Blast
Bullet Seed
Pin Missile
Ice Shard
Body Slam
Stealth Rock
Spikes
Swords Dance
Hone Claws
Toxic
Subzero Screech
Protect
Wish
Slack Off

How about another Fire-type Mega? This time, Mega Typlosion.

Mega Typlosion was tough nut to crack. What do you do with such a bland Fire type? I toyed with No Guard to give Mega Typlosion a new niche as an Inferno user, but decided that it was too similar to Mega Pidgeot. Instead, I decided to focus on improving Typlosion's existing niche as an Eruption user. With added bulk and a new ability in Regenerator, Mega Typlosion would be at higher HP more often, and thus have more consistently strong Eruptions.

Type: Fire (I didn't want to ruin the Gen 2 starter's shtick of being all monotype. Besides, Typhlosion doesn't have the movepool to make use of any of the types you would give it that would also make sense.)

Code:
 HP: 78
Att: 94
Def: 108
SpA: 129
SpD: 115
Spe: 110
Eruption (Typhlosion) @ Typhlosionite
Ability: Flash Fire
EVs: 252 SpA / 4 SpD / 252 Spe
Timid Nature
IVs: 0 Atk
- Eruption
- Focus Blast
- Extrasensory
- Flamethrower

Last edited:
Now for my personal favorite Mega that I designed, Mega Froslass. I went into designing Mega Froslass with a specific goal in mind: create a special-attacking Technician user. Technician is such a cool ability, but most of its users are physical attackers. The only special-attacking Technician user we have currently is Roserade, but the only move it really has to abuse Technician is Hidden Power. Froslass, on the other hand, has two great STAB moves boosted by Technician, as well as a few interesting coverage moves.

Type: Ice/Ghost

Code:
 HP: 70
Att: 80
SpA: 130
SpD: 80
Spe: 130
All-Out Attacker (Froslass) @ Absolite
Ability: Cursed Body
Timid Nature
- Frost Breath
- Ominous Wind
- Hidden Power [Fighting]
- Thunderbolt

Other options include Icy Wind, Water Pulse, Shock Wave, and Draining Kiss.

Last edited:
Mega Flygon

We were making new Megas. Of course we were going to add Mega Flygon. Like with Mega Rapidash, I went against the popular opinion and decided against making Mega Flygon a Bug/Dragon type, mainly because Trapinch is pure Ground, and aside from Eevee, it would be weird if the final form of a Pokemon line was a completely different type as the base form (looking at you, Alolan Marowak). Instead, I decided to build Mega Flygon around a new move that one of my teammates designed: Sand Blast. It was a special Ground-type attack with 110 base power, and 70% accuracy that jumped to 100% during a sandstorm. It also might have had a secondary effect, but I’ve forgotten what it was. The point is, it was basically a Ground-type version of Hurricane, Thunder, and Blizzard. With that in mind, I designed Mega Flygon to be a primarily special attacker, and gave it Sand Stream as an ability.

Type: Ground/Dragon

Code:
 HP: 80
Att: 100
Def: 90
SpA: 140
SpD: 90
Spe: 120
Special Attacker (Flygon) @ Flygonite
Ability: Levitate
Timid Nature
- Sand Blast
- Draco Meteor
- Fire Blast
- Roost / Defog / U-turn

Here's a start.
Dex entry: "Shocquirmy," the Dynamic Pokémon. When harmed, Shocquirmy's fragile body may split apart. The two parts can survive on their own, making all Shocquirmy the same age, as they stem from the same ancestor.

Type: Ground-Electric
Egg group: Amorphous
Dex color: Yellow
Abilities (and descriptions): Dynamic (reverse of static), Soil Supper (heals a ⅛ HP amount from Grass, Ground, Water, takes double damage from Bug, Flying, Rock) (double damage from contact moves, but half damage from moves that don't make contact)
Approximate Base Stat values: 55 / 66 / 77 / 99 / 111 / 88: 496 BST

What I am aware of (regarding the sprite): No eyes, no dynamic electricity visual effects, no shading.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 0)