Fairy Type in XY Little Cup

Luckily ice fang is a decent replacement that is legal with play rough, it can't OHKO gligar but then again gligar can't OHKO it.

hey guys, i'm adding on to the spritzee hype here, it's really cool with the wish/protect set! it's really fun to stall out other people. its fairy typing means it resists the common dark type but still gets checked by the most common dark type, pawniard. But still, i'd like to point out this important calc:
236+ Atk Pawniard Iron Head vs. 212 HP / 196+ Def Eviolite Spritzee: 14-20 (51.8 - 74%) -- guaranteed 2HKO
this means that spritzee can take an iron head from full hp, and wish on the same turn. then, it can protect on the second turn and pretty much keep stalling out pawniard like this. (keep in mind that the pawniard user can swords dance when spritzee protects so pawniard can eventually win vs spritzee.
spritzee also completely shuts down gligar, one of the most influential pokemon in lc so far. gligar can only 3hko spritzee from full health.

so yeah, SPRITZEE!

Last edited:
I've actually fallen in love with this Mime Jr. set:
Mime Jr. @ Life Orb
Ability: Technician
Level: 5
Shiny: Yes
EVs: 200 SAtk / 196 SDef / 112 Def
Modest Nature
- Healing Wish // Nasty Plot
- Psychic
- Hidden Power [Fire]
- Icy Wind

Ok, so it requires a lot of explaining, but it is very effective. Mime Jr. hits 17 SpA, which is pretty powerful, but not too too powerful. Healing Wish is the main kicker of Mime Jr., what really gives a reason to use it. It brings in any other Pokemon for free and shapes them back up to brand new! Nasty Plot is the other option, doubling Mime Jr.'s Special Attack to a very high 34, allowing it to effectively sweep teams after they've been weakened. I saw somebody using Confusion on Mime Jr. today and I figured: hey! Let's try and run some calcs! And well, it is weaker than Psyshock. It hits a power of 112 after Technician and STAB, versus 120 after STAB for Psyshock, or 135 after STAB for Psychic. I also thought about Hidden Power [Psychic], as it too got the Technician boost, but then I realised how idiotic that was as it was a Psychic copy that wasted my chance to use another Hidden Power! Speaking of Hidden Power, I chose Hidden Power[Fire], as it allows Mime Jr. to have a 90 Base Power Fire-type attack, essentially a Flamethrower, to break through Steel-types. Here are some calcs:
200+ SpA Life Orb Technician Mime Jr. Hidden Power Fire vs. 0 HP / 228+ SpD Eviolite Bronzor: 13-16 (59 - 72.7%) -- guaranteed 2HKO
200+ SpA Life Orb Technician Mime Jr. Hidden Power Fire vs. 0 HP / 220 SpD Eviolite Honedge: 16-21 (76.1 - 100%) -- 6.3% chance to OHKO
200+ SpA Life Orb Technician Mime Jr. Hidden Power Fire vs. 156 HP / 76 SpD Magnemite: 23-29 (109.5 - 138%) -- guaranteed OHKO
200+ SpA Life Orb Technician Mime Jr. Hidden Power Fire vs. 164 HP / 148 SpD Eviolite Ferroseed: 26-31 (113 - 134.7%) -- guaranteed OHKO
200+ SpA Life Orb Technician Mime Jr. Hidden Power Fire vs. 0 HP / 196 SpD Eviolite Pawniard: 16-21 (76.1 - 100%) -- 6.3% chance to OHKO
It has the capability to 2HKO the three common Steel-types, while having a chance to OHKO one of them! It gets great coverage all around with Psychic. Icy Wind hits a power of 82 after Technician, making it a little bit weaker Ice Beam. I chose Icy Wind over other moves for the fact it is kind of like a reverse Choice Scarf, without the locking of the moves, for the opponent! This is especially useful, as base 19 Pokemon Speed tie with it, everything below is now slower than Mime Jr.! This mitigates Mime Jr.'s bad Speed, while giving it an easier time to Healing Wish when the time is right! What I really wanted for Mime Jr. is Draining Kiss, as it is a base 112 Recovery move after STAB//Technician, making it a very useful move in Mime Jr.'s wide arsenal! Here are some other notable moves that you could run on Mime Jr.:
~ Baton Pass
~ Taunt
~ Encore
~ Trick
~ Calm Mind
~ Thunderbolt
~ Shadow Ball
~ Infestation (idek)
~ Thunder Wave
~ Shock Wave (just a Thunderbolt, but it has the slight advantage for more PP and it doesn't check Accuracy)
~ Magic Coat
These are a lot of Mime Jr.'s options, it truly does have a huge movepool.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 0)