Ability: Aroma Veil
Level: 5
EVs 52 HP / 196 Def / 12 SpA / 236 SpD
Bold Nature
- Wish
- Protect
- Aromatheraphy
- Moonblast

Say hello the one of the bulkiest pokemon in all of the LC teir! She can pass 12 HP wishes and she can all mitigate statuses away. Also a special treat is that she is immune to being TAunted thanks to her ability! Moonblasy is the obligitory STAB option since it weaken the SpA of mons who rely on special moves. It also murders dark/fight mons who think they can get a free set up on Spritzee.

196+ Atk Pure Power Meditite Bullet Punch vs. 212 HP / 196+ Def Eviolite Spritzee: 8-10 (29.6 - 37%) -- 1.1% chance to 3HKO
196+ Atk Life Orb Pure Power Meditite Bullet Punch vs. 212 HP / 196+ Def Eviolite Spritzee: 10-13 (37 - 48.1%) -- guaranteed 3HKO

imma leave those calcs there for you skeptics.

Damn, that is bulky as fuck...
I can't get to the calculator right now due to the PS crashes, but I'm curious what a Gunk Shot would hit it for or maybe, if there's anything that can even make good use of it, Belch. I'll try to remember to calc it.

Goddess Briyella

Banned deucer.
incoming revival of thread /cues holy musics

Spritzee @ Eviolite
EVs 52 HP / 196 Def / 12 SpA / 236 SpD
Bold Nature
- Wish
- Protect
- Aromatheraphy
- Moonblast

Say hello the one of the bulkiest pokemon in all of the LC teir! She can pass 12 HP wishes and she can all mitigate statuses away. Also a special treat is that she is immune to being TAunted thanks to her ability! Moonblasy is the obligitory STAB option since it weaken the SpA of mons who rely on special moves. It also murders dark/fight mons who think they can get a free set up on Spritzee.

196+ Atk Pure Power Meditite Bullet Punch vs. 212 HP / 196+ Def Eviolite Spritzee: 8-10 (29.6 - 37%) -- 1.1% chance to 3HKO
196+ Atk Life Orb Pure Power Meditite Bullet Punch vs. 212 HP / 196+ Def Eviolite Spritzee: 10-13 (37 - 48.1%) -- guaranteed 3HKO

imma leave those calcs there for you skeptics.
The best part about this is that the advantage is not only defensive. Meditite won't be taking a STAB Moonblast very well, especially if it has any item other than Eviolite.

12 SpA Spritzee Moonblast vs. 0 HP / 0 SpD Eviolite Meditite: 14-20 (73.6 - 105.2%) -- 6.3% chance to OHKO

Someone relying on Bullet Punch to try and deal with a decently healthy Spritzee is in for disappointment. Also, for added security, you might try taking some EVs from Special Defense and adding them to HP so you can pass larger Wishes and take physical hits with more comfort, though the spread you have is definitely good. ♥

Last edited:

Anthiese

formerly Jac
is a Battle Simulator Moderator Alumnus
Holy shit damn fuck your shit Meditite. I should run the traditional set just to say fuck you to everything. But i like the mixed bulk. Too bad it doesnt cover it completely. Only meant for weak 3-4 hkos.

The better spread is in the calcs i put up

212 HP / 196+ Def for maximum phys walling!!

So... Since you to appear to have a calculator for this... Could one of you please see how much a Croagunk can do to it with Gunk Shot?

So... Since you to appear to have a calculator for this... Could one of you please see how much a Croagunk can do to it with Gunk Shot?
http://pokemonshowdown.com/damagecalc/

28 Atk Croagunk Gunk Shot vs. 76 HP / 0 Def Eviolite Tangela: 14-18 (58.3 - 75%) -- guaranteed 2HKO
188+ Atk Croagunk Gunk Shot vs. 76 HP / 0 Def Eviolite Tangela: 14-20 (58.3 - 83.3%) -- guaranteed 2HKO
188+ Atk Life Orb Croagunk Gunk Shot vs. 76 HP / 0 Def Eviolite Tangela: 18-26 (75 - 108.3%) -- 6.3% chance to OHKO

EDIT: hallucinations :c

Last edited:

28 Atk Croagunk Gunk Shot vs. 76 HP / 0 Def Eviolite Tangela: 14-18 (58.3 - 75%) -- guaranteed 2HKO
188+ Atk Croagunk Gunk Shot vs. 76 HP / 0 Def Eviolite Tangela: 14-20 (58.3 - 83.3%) -- guaranteed 2HKO
188+ Atk Life Orb Croagunk Gunk Shot vs. 76 HP / 0 Def Eviolite Tangela: 18-26 (75 - 108.3%) -- 6.3% chance to OHKO
Why did you use tangela? I thought that person was asking for vs Spritzee?

Goddess Briyella

Banned deucer.

Why did you use tangela? I thought that person was asking for vs Spritzee?
While this is true, it is probably even more useless to make a post calling a user out on this without providing the calculation that you are saying is the relevant one, just saying. Here you are. ♥

188+ Atk Croagunk Gunk Shot vs. 212 HP / 196+ Def Eviolite Spritzee: 18-24 (66.6 - 88.8%) -- guaranteed 2HKO

This is Adamant maximum Atk Croagunk vs Bold maximum Def Spritzee with Eviolite.

For future reference, you can access this Generation 6 damage calculator with this link anytime, even if the PS server is down: http://pokemonshowdown.com/damagecalc/

For LC calcs, simply set the levels of the attacker and defender to 5.

While this is true, it is probably even more useless to make a post calling a user out on this without providing the calculation that you are saying is the relevant one, just saying. Here you are. ♥
188+ Atk Croagunk Gunk Shot vs. 212 HP / 196+ Def Eviolite Spritzee: 18-24 (66.6 - 88.8%) -- guaranteed 2HKO
Alas, I was going to post calcs, but I was unsure the meaning.

I can still post lo calcs, though.

188+ Atk Life Orb Croagunk Gunk Shot vs. 212 HP / 196+ Def Eviolite Spritzee: 23-31 (85.1 - 114.8%) -- 6.3% chance to OHKO
(23, 23, 23, 26, 26, 26, 26, 26, 26, 26, 26, 26, 26, 26, 26, 31)

Knock Off, Drain Punch, Gunk Shot, Sucker Punch, Brick Break, etc. Croagunk is looking like a decent counter to Spritzee while still being good against other threats. It also has Nasty Plot and a decent pool of Special attacks. Croagunk may well be the best Pokemon to use Belch. XD
I think Croagunk is a valid reason for Fairy types to consider carrying Psychic attacks. Even if you switch out to an Chingling, you'll probably get hit with a Knock Off followed by Sucker Punch. Natu, Gothita, max Def Drowzee, they all die. The only Psychic types I can find in LC that can live are Mime Jr and MAYBE max Def Ralts, due to the Fairy secondary typing, and Bronzor, due to sheer bulk. Realistically, no Ralts is ever going to be max Def, so that leaves you with Mime Jr and Bronzor as counters, unless you give your Fairy type a Psychic move. Bronzor also carries the distinction of being one of the few Pokemon to resist the combination of Fairy and Ground AS WELL as being the only one in LC to further resist Psychic.
Bri, am I doing this right? Also, thank you for the link to the calculator. It was very helpful for this.

I could have sworn Play Rough was an egg move for it... I'll be back in a second, I'm checking the research department.
Nope, but it does get Belly Drum and I believe Aqua Jet.

I could have sworn Play Rough was an egg move for it... I'll be back in a second, I'm checking the research department.
Nope, but it does get Belly Drum and I believe Aqua Jet.
Marill gets Aqua Jet as an egg move, but not Azurill, so no BellyJet. Azurill's only real hope this gen is attacking with Trick Room support due to its pathetic bulk and speed, similar to 5th gen. At least it's neutral to Mach Punch and Vacuum Wave now, but with that comes a weakness to Bullet Punch.

EDIT: and it resists Sucker Punch.

I noticed that the move was listed on Marill but not Azurill, but I wasn't sure if it was an oversight or not.

Anthiese

formerly Jac
is a Battle Simulator Moderator Alumnus
incoming fangilish squeals over my fave monfamily

I'd love it if my LO Reciever set would just take off and work. It needs Torchic support but it has a plethora of special attacks it can run. Dazzling Gleam as stab, Shadow Ball/Ancient Power/Fire Blast as ulterior options. Another thing is that it gets Morning Sun (somefuckinghow from cherrim) as a healing option. Wish/Heal Bell/Encore as well as support options.

It's a shame that low stats holds Togepi back :/ Buuuuut lemme add a minor incentive (dont use togepi forreals, i just love it so i use it :p)

196+ SpA Life Orb Togepi Dazzling Gleam vs. 0 HP / 0 SpD Yanma: 16-19 (69.5 - 82.6%) -- guaranteed 2HKO
196+ SpA Life Orb Togepi Hidden Power Ice vs. 0 HP / 0 SpD Eviolite Gligar: 21-26 (91.3 - 113%) -- 6.3% chance to OHKO
196+ SpA Life Orb Togepi Dazzling Gleam vs. 0 HP / 236 SpD Eviolite Meditite: 18-23 (94.7 - 121%) -- 6.3% chance to OHKO

We all have that ONE Pokemon we use even if it's not the best. XD
I love using Froslass in OU and it works, but it's not the best.
I use Sniper + Focus Energy Remoraid with Bullet Seed, Waterfall and Rock Blast. It really fucks shit up, but only because it has like a 50% chance to do 2.25x damage and people assume that they get to set up on it. Also... I only use it because I caught a Shiny Adamant Remoraid. XD

Idea for Togepi: Thunder Wave, Dazzling Gleam, Extrasensory, Ancientpower. Maybe Nasty Plot instead of Thunder Wave? Get a Baton Pass from a Speed Boost Venipede?

Also, I found the perfect counter for everything. Berry Juice Wailmer. Well... As long as you can get a quick set up with Curse/Amnesia. After one boost on each side, it'll have defenses as high or higher than Bronzor (not counting Eviolite)... but with a minimum HP of 29. Still think Spritzee has bulk? XD The main problem I can see with it is Drain Punch anything or Draining Kiss Swirlix.

Also, apparently Cottonee is Grass/Fairy now.

Also, what are the implications of Igglybuff's Normal/Fairy typing?

Last edited by a moderator:
I use Sniper + Focus Energy Remoraid with Bullet Seed, Waterfall and Rock Blast. It really fucks shit up, but only because it has like a 50% chance to do 2.25x damage and people assume that they get to set up on it. Also... I only use it because I caught a Shiny Adamant Remoraid. XD
Scope Lens gives you 100% crits.

Also Seed Bomb does more damae on average than Bullet Seed and has better accuracy.

Also Igglybuff's stats make it worthless. Losing a fighting resist also sucks.

Togepi is outclassed by Swirix as a sweeper.

Oh, it does? Time to add Scope Lens. <.<
I use Bullet Seed because it gives multiple chances for crits. (No longer relevant due to your Scope Lens comment.)
Yeah... True. :/
Togepi is outclassed at everything, really. :/

Since when?

All my sources say unchanged.
To clarify, Scope Lens raises the critical hit stage by one, so if you're at stage 3 (50%), then the critical hit ratio will be 100%.

As far as Togepi and Igglybuff go, it's hard to justify using them when Swirlix and Spritzee are faster, bulkier, and hit harder.

But back to the Spritzee discussion, a CroCune-style set was mentioned earlier with RestTalk, Calm Mind, and Moonblast. I tried it out a bit, and it wrecks if you can manage to get enough boosts. It's honestly hard to find time to set up, though, and that's a problem since Spritzee needs the Calm Mind boosts to actually do anything with Moonblast. Some positive things about the set are that there are no 4x Fairy resists in the metagame, it's immune to Taunt, and it isn't worn down by Toxic/Burn thanks to Rest.

EDIT: There's the set, try it out!
Spritzee @ Eviolite
EVs: 196 Def / 212 HP / 76 SDef / 12 SAtk
Bold Nature
- Rest
- Sleep Talk
- Calm Mind
- Moonblast

Last edited:

Goddess Briyella

Banned deucer.

Spritzee @ Eviolite
EVs: 196 Def / 212 HP / 76 SDef / 12 SAtk
Bold Nature
- Wish
- Aromatherapy
- Calm Mind
- Moonblast

This set might be a little more reliable. With Sleep Talk, you have no assurance of what move you're going to get, and the chance of doing nothing by selecting Rest is higher than the chance of Focus Blast missing. I think with Wish and Aromatherapy, it can maintain its health and status as well as those of its teammates, and you don't ever have to worry about not getting to use the move you want by relying on Sleep Talk. Of course, it can also work as a late-game setup sweeper that is difficult to screw up due to its capability of healing itself and restoring its own status, combined with the immunity to Taunt and Encore provided to it by the Aroma Veil ability. ♥

Ray Jay

"Jump first, ask questions later, oui oui!"
is a Site Content Manager Alumnusis a Community Leader Alumnusis a Community Contributor Alumnusis a Tiering Contributor Alumnusis a Top Contributor Alumnusis a Smogon Media Contributor Alumnus
Just sayin the above Spritzee set is one of my favorite things in the metagame right now. It synergizes really well with Pawniard in particular as Pawniard loves having Wish passed to it and can Knock Off everything if Spritzee wants to attempt a sweep. Moonblast is also just op in general. Another Pokemon I like with it is Gligar, as Gligar can absorb Knock Off for Spritzee and proceed to fire off Acrobatics. Really the set works well with any offensive team that needs an extra pivot and can handle Steel-types, as Wish support from such great typing is pretty unheard of from LC, and this set definitely does it better than even Lickitung, who was, for a long time, the best thing we had. Finally, it's strong enough even before a boost (just because Fairy-typing is so strong) that it doesn't feel out of place on an offensive team. #SpritzeeHype

About Snubbull: I've been loving him as my Fighting-type counter. He really does an excellent job of handling all of them except Croagunk; even then if you get in on anything other than a boosting move or Poison-attack you can counter him pretty solidly with Earthquake. However, Showdown is telling me Ice Punch is illegal with Play Rough. I've been doing fine with Play Rough/EQ/CC/T-Wave, but it would be nice to know if that's an error on Showdown or if it really is an issue of legality. I also have found myself not using T-Wave very often, since people tend to switch Gligar into me. Any other suggestions on that last moveslot? Heal Bell is my first idea. I would also like to comment that Snubbull is pretty dependent Intimidate to really counter Pokemon, though.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 0)