Resource ''Exploring the meta''A Teambuilding guide by 067jox

Jox

LCPL Champion
(approved by OP )

"Exploring the meta"
A Teambuilder Guide by 067jox
543.png

Everyone knows Pokemon battles are fun, thats why we play it. If we win we feel satisfied, if we lose we feel determined to not lose again. For me to win with my own team is the greatest feeling ever as i put a lot of effort into making it. I wanna give this feeling to more people, people that only use teams from others just because they don't quite get the meta yet. So hello everyone, my name is jordi aka 067jox and today I'm going to teach you guys how to build a team.

The current meta
063.png
Abra
- Amazing Failsafe with Focus Sash + Magic guard that can be alternatively used as a LO Wallbreaker.
453.png
Croagunk
- Bulky Mixed fighting type with Perfect coverage and an immunity to water types.
050.png
Diglett
- Arena Trapper with great support moves and the highest speed stat of LC.
084.png
Doduo
- Flying type wall breaker with access to Jump Kick. Amazing late game cleaner and early wall breaker.
597.png
Ferroseed
- Grass Steel type that can set up Spikes and Stealth Rocks
590.png
Foongus
- Great Defensive pivot with access to both Regenerator and Spore.
092.png
Gastly
- Amazing offensive ghost type with a insane amount of coverage moves. Gastly can been runned as a Choice Scarf abuser, a Berry Juice Willo-Wisp Hex set or as a Life Orb/Z-Move wallbreaker.
088-a.png
Grimer Alolan
- Slow Pursuit trapper that can also check Snivy. Grimer Alolan has a great defensive typing and Stab Knock Off.
081.png
Magnemite
- Great Volt-Switch abuser that has 3 viable abilities. It can be used as a failsafe with Sturdy + Berry Juice, a trapper with Magnet Pull but also as a Choice Scarf user with Analytic.
747.png
Mareanie
- Amazing wall that can check fighting types, water types and fire types. With the ability Regenerator and good defensive stats this pokemon will last longer as your typical wall.
619.png
Mienfoo
- Insane fighting type that can be run both defensively and offensively. A good wall breaker with Reckless while its a great pivot with Regenerator.
749.png
Mudbray
- Amazing Volt-Switch check with an great ability. It’s a Stealth Rock user with a lot of offensive pressure.
095.png
Onix
- Best flying switch-in of the tier that can setup Stealth Rocks and can give you some offensive pressure once Weak Armor is activated. Sturdy is also an Great ability for Onix as it gives you a failsafe.
624.png
Pawniard
- Fast Pursuit trapper with a nice amount of resistance. A really good Choice Scarf user but also a strong Stealth Rocker.
077.png
Ponyta
- Fire Sweeper that can run both physical and special. It also has the ability Flame Body and can be used as a fast defensive presense.
090.png
Shellder
- Best Shell Smash sweeper in LC that can pierce through Sturdy and Focus Sashes rephrase to 'Best shell smash sweeper in LC, capable of piercing through sturdy and focus sashes
495.png
Snivy
- Contrary Grass type sweeper that can be both used as a bulky wall breaker or as a Choice Scarf late game sweeper.
682.png
Spritzee
- Bulky Fairy type and only viable Wish passer in LC. It also can be used as a bulky setup sweeper with Nasty Plot or Calm Mind.
120.png
Staryu
- Fast water type Rapid Spinner that has limited switch-ins with Analytic.
532.png
Timburr
- Bulky fighting type with strong priority that can be used as a Bulk Up sweeper.
629.png
Vullaby
- Dark Flying type that can do literally anything. It can be used as a Choice Scarf user, Bulky pivot, Special wall breaker and Physical wall breaker.
278.png
Wingull
- Offensive Water Flying type that can hit the whole meta with both stabs.

Sub Meta

566.png
Archen
- Flying Rock type that has access to both Stealth Rock and Defog.
610.png
Axew
- Dragon type wall breaker with good coverage and access to Dragon Dance.
659.png
Bunnelby
- Normal type nuke that has the ability to wall break. Also an amazing pivot.
318.png
Carvanha
- Hard hitting Speed Boost user that can run both physical and special.
650.png
Chespin
- Bulletproof user in LC with access to spikes and recovery.
170.png
Chinchou
- Amazing Meta check as it can switch into both Staryu and Wingull while also resisting Flying types and having access to Volt-Switch. It is also a very good switch-in to Volt Switch.
341.png
Corphish
- Water Type Adaptability abuser with a high attack stat and access to both Swords Dance and Dragon Dance.
546.png
Cottonee
- Prankster user in LC that also resists fighting types. Amazing failsafe with great support moves and access to Defog.
751.png
Dewpider
- Sticky Webs setter with the Water Bubble ability and with resistance to both fighting and ground types.
529.png
Drilbur
- Offensive ground type that can ignore some abilities, most notably Levitate and Sturdy. It also has access to both Rapid Spin and Stealth Rocks.
557.png
Dwebble
- Great Spike stacker and Shell Smash sweeper with two usable abilities.
239.png
Elekid
- Fastest Volt-Switch user that can run physical and special.
592.png
Frillish
- Water ghost type that can run as a wall or as a Choice Scarf Waterspout user.
228.png
Houndour
- Special wallbreaker that has access to Flame Charge and Sucker Punch.
140.png
Kabuto
- Weak Armor Flying check with both Stealth Rocks and Rapid Spin. It has also access to Priority and Knock Off.
636.png
Larvesta
- Great pivot that can run both Defensive and Offensive.
052.png
Meowth
- Priority abuser with access to technician boosted Fake Out + Feint.
446.png
Munchlax
- Amazing Special defensive wall that has access to Pursuit.
numel.png
Numel
- Simple sweeper that has access to Stealth Rock with an amazing matchup vs Ferroseed/Spritzee core.
138.png
Omanyte
- Shell Smash user that can also be used as a bulky Spike Stacker.
674.png
Pancham
- Bulky Fighting type with perfect coverage and Parting Shot.
710.png
Pumpkaboo
- Defensive ghost type that can run as a Z Trick a Treat sweeper.
627.png
Rufflet
- Hard hitting flying type that can also be used as a bulk up sweeper.
757.png
Salandit
- Fire Poison type sweeper with both Nasty Plot and Flame Charge.
559.png
Scraggy
- Wall Breaker that can be used as a bulky Dragon Dance sweeper or as a Offensive Moxie sweeper.
shell.png
Shellos
- Water type Sticky Hold user with an insane amount of bulk.
690.png
Skrelp
- Bulky Adaptability user that has limited switch-ins.
079.png
Slowpoke
- Defensive Regenerator user with a insane amount of bulk. Amazing ground check and can be used as a Abra switch-in.
209.png
Snubbull
- Offensive Fairy type with Intimidate and perfect coverage.
283.png
Surskit
- Fast Webs user with coverage to hit the incoming Defog/Rapid Spin user.
276.png
Taillow
- Wallbreaker that can be used both Physically with Guts or Special with Scrappy.
564.png
Tirtouga
- Bulky flying check that has access to Shell Smash and Stealth Rocks.
trap.png
Trapinch
- Bulky Arena Trap user that has decent coverage and an amazing attack stat.
568.png
Trubbish
- Sticky hold fighting check that can use Spikes
037-a.png
Vulpix Alolan
- LC's best aurora veil setter, that can be used as a decent scarfer.
360.png
Wynaut
- Shadow Tag user with a lot of HP that can Encore lock.
263.png
Zigzagoon
- Belly Drum Wall breaker with stab Extreme Speed

How to teambuild
1. Open up your calcs and a teambuilder website.
https://pokemonshowdown.com/damagecalc/
http://pokemonforever.com/teambuilder.php

2. Have a concept or a goal ( Shellder team, Z-Pony etc. )
3. Follow these steps.

263.png
Normal
: You need to have a switch into Belly Drum Zigzagoon and Bunnelby
619.png
Fighting
: A fighting switch-in that can manage without their item . Think about Foongus or Mareanie.
629.png
Flying
: A flying switch-in that can manage without their item. Think about Tirtouga, Onix, Kabuto. You can also Check flying types with Spritzee + flying resist like Choice Scarf Magnemite.
590.png
Poison
: Have a way to kill both Foongus and Mareanie but also have a good switch-in into both as you need to have something that can take a Spore.
050.png
Ground
: Offensive typing that you need a switch into. you can never build a team to weak to grounds as Diglett or Mudbray will destroy it.
095.png
Rock
: Try to have a good Onix switch at +2 speed.
092.png
Ghost
: Have a Gastly switch-in.
597.png
Steel
: Try not to get walled by Ferroseed.
077.png
Fire
: Try to have a switch that can take Ponyta on, just Onix is not enough as special hp grass is still is viable.
120.png
Water
: Have something that checks Shellder, Corphish, Carvanha and Staryu as all of them can destroy an unprepared team.
495.png
Grass
: Have a Snivy switch-in, for both Choice Scarf and Eviolite.
081.png
Electric
: ALWAYS have an immunity to electric. Electric types will otherwise gain momentum against you with Volt-Switch.
063.png
Psychic
: Have an Abra switch-in.
624.png
Dark
: Have something that can check Pawniard, both special and physical Vullaby, and a Pokemon that can pivot into Knock Off like Mienfoo.
682.png
Fairy
: Have something that can kill Spritzee but at the same time something that can switch into it.

Questions you can ask yourself

532.png
Do I have a way to remove items?
747.png
Do I have enough Bulk?
084.png
Do I have enough offence?
090.png
What are my bad matchups and how can I survive this matchup?
079.png
Is my team too slow?
529.png
Do I have hazards/hazard control?

If you guys have any questions or you want to get better at the game you can always send me a message and I will try my best to help you get used to the meta.

067jox#9205

A huge shoutouts to EnzoLapras thnx buddy for grammar checking everything.
Go MDL!!!
543.png

Last edited:

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 0)