Other Excel-Based Teambuilder

Download Link:
http://www.mediafire.com/file/kukku9y96s9m2h8/Team_Builder_1.02.xlsx

Introduction:

I haven't seen a teambuilder around that had quite everything I was looking for, so I took the time and built one myself now that there's a fresh generation. The teambuilder sheet is built to work in Excel for full functionality, and has outputs both for individual pokemon as well as overall team statistics.

Features:
  • Automatic population of stats, offensive and defensive typings, attack capabilities, and utility.
  • Generation of derived stats for offense and defense including items, abilities, STAB, and move BP.
  • Implementation of abilities such as Filter, Adaptability, Liquid Voice, Multitype, etc.
  • Pretty picture that automatically updates for each pokemon put into the team.
  • A speed comparison block to check if your team outspeeds certain threats.
  • Automatic generation of an export block to paste into Showdown.
Explanation of Derived Stats
  • Physical Power: relative value for the most damage a pokemon can do with a single unresisted physical attack, including attack BP, STAB, and ability or item modifiers.
  • Special Power: as physical power, except with a special attack.
  • Physical Bulk: relative value derived from a combination of HP, physical defense, and modifiers from items and abilities.
  • Special Bulk: as physical bulk, except with special defense.
  • Team Defensive Typing: all of the defensive typings for your team multiplied together, with immunities replaced by a 1/4 resist for consistency.
  • Team Offensive Coverage: all of the offensive coverage abilities for your team multiplied together, with "positive" (green) coverage coming at 5 pokemon hitting neutral STABs and one super effective and "negative" (red) coverage if all 6 pokemon cannot hit with at least a neutral STAB total.
Usage in OpenOffice

When opened using OpenOffice, the teambuilder loses some functionality. It retains most of the basic functionality, but there are some features that no longer work correctly, such as:
  • Pictures no longer update to the pokemon used in that team slot.
  • Judgment and Multi-Attack no longer update to the correct type based on item.
Current Status

Current Version: 1.02
Not sure how progress on others' particular modifications to this have been going, but I've made a couple very minor changes. An overall column has been added to the team analysis, and placeholders for no pokemon and no attacks have been inserted so teams can be analyzed with fewer members than 6.

Download Link:
http://www.mediafire.com/file/kukku9y96s9m2h8/Team_Builder_1.02.xlsx

Member_Card.PNG Basic_Evaluation.PNG Speed_Comparison.PNG

Last edited:

GenOne

DOU main. GMT-7. PS!: GenOne
is a Community Contributoris a Site Content Manager Alumnusis a Forum Moderator Alumnusis a Top Tiering Contributor Alumnusis a Contributor Alumnus
I'm on my phone w/o computer access over the weekend, but based on the screenshots this is super cool.

I was actually working on a similar project, so you just saved me a lot of time! Does your version have an option to import teams into the teambuilder yet? If not, I'd be happy to add that in as I had already developed that feature for the builder I was working on.

I'm on my phone w/o computer access over the weekend, but based on the screenshots this is super cool.

I was actually working on a similar project, so you just saved me a lot of time! Does your version have an option to import teams into the teambuilder yet? If not, I'd be happy to add that in as I had already developed that feature for the builder I was working on.
It doesn't do it in a program way, but there's a tab that outputs text that you can paste into the Import/Export tab in Showdown to populate your team data.

And thanks, I'm glad you like the look of it.

Last edited:

GenOne

is a Community Contributoris a Site Content Manager Alumnusis a Forum Moderator Alumnusis a Top Tiering Contributor Alumnusis a Contributor Alumnus
Is there any way to integrate this with an all-in-one damage calculator?
Based on Dalthine's work, I'm working on a new version that includes a damage calc :)

As well, I've developed a way to import and export teams in and out of the spreadsheet, utilizing VBA macros.

I should be done my version of this in the next week or so.

Also, I can see this becoming something that each tier customizes for their own needs, since there's potential to add in things like spread compendums, role compendums, etc. I'm a DOU main, so my version will probably be centred around that, but other tiers will be able to sub in their own resources.

e: Dalthine's version produces text you can paste into Showdown, but there are a few bugs with how it's formatted rn. I'm developing a fix for that.

toshimelonhead

Honey Badger don't care.
is a Tiering Contributor
Based on Dalthine's work, I'm working on a new version that includes a damage calc :)

As well, I've developed a way to import and export teams in and out of the spreadsheet, utilizing VBA macros.

I should be done my version of this in the next week or so.

Also, I can see this becoming something that each tier customizes for their own needs, since there's potential to add in things like spread compendums, role compendums, etc. I'm a DOU main, so my version will probably be centred around that, but other tiers will be able to sub in their own resources.

e: Dalthine's version produces text you can paste into Showdown, but there are a few bugs with how it's formatted rn. I'm developing a fix for that.
Would love to help you if you need anything.

GenOne

Would love to help you if you need anything.
Nice! There's a few things I want to get done on my end before I'm ready to have others help out, but once I'm at that point I'll upload a working file and I'm sure there's a billion ways we'd be able to improve it collaboratively. I'll tag you when a working file is uploaded?

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 0)