National Dex Everything She Wants [500th Post]

Milo

I'm Your Man
is a Community Contributor
Everything She Wants is my favourite song innit. Wham! were a British Pop Duo formed in 1982 and disbanded in 1986, with a few reunion tours later. The duo consisted of George Michael, and Andrew Ridgeley. I don't know why they're my favourite group, but they just are.

:ss/latios-mega: :ss/clefable: :ss/volcarona: :ss/skarmory: :ss/landorus-therian: :ss/tapu-fini:

Yo gamers. If you don't know me, I'm Milo. Been on this site for about a year and a half, and been contributing for nearly a year as much as I can. Somehow, I've managed to get to 500 posts which is mental to me so gonna make a RMT to commemorate. Been playing National Dex for most of 2 years, with experience in SM OU beforehand. Also play BW OU, NFE, STABmons, Monotype and recently Godly Gift. However, I've contributed to National Dex the most so making a RMT on that. s/o to pannuracotta for building this with me, ly <3

Teambuilding Process

:ss/latios-mega: :poke-ball: :poke-ball: :poke-ball: :poke-ball: :poke-ball:
Latios-Mega (M) @ Latiosite
Ability: Levitate
EVs: 4 Def / 252 SpA / 252 Spe
Timid Nature
IVs: 0 Atk
- Psychic
- Ice Beam
- Aura Sphere
- Roost

Latios-Mega was something that I hadn't build around for a while, and I therefore really wanted to make a new team around it. This team can have a hard time with Gastrodon, so Pannu suggested Energy Ball, but we're not like that. 3a can effectively deal with the walls in the meta whilst being able to have something to predict a Weavile switch in, instead of clicking Energy Ball.

:latios-mega: :ss/clefable: :poke-ball: :poke-ball: :poke-ball: :poke-ball:
Clefable @ Life Orb
Ability: Magic Guard
EVs: 248 HP / 200 Def / 60 Spe
Bold Nature
- Calm Mind
- Moonblast
- Thunder
- Soft-Boiled

I had been building SP Lati and Defog Latias teams with CM Clefable and CM Reuniclus lately, and I thought that it could still be prevalent here with Latios. I think it deals with Weavile nicely as well as Greninjas to clear the path for Latios a bit more. Of course, it cannot switch into either of these mons and acts as a Check.

:latios-mega: :clefable: :ss/volcarona: :poke-ball: :poke-ball: :poke-ball:
Volcarona @ Heavy-Duty Boots
Ability: Flame Body
EVs: 40 HP / 252 SpA / 216 Spe
Timid Nature
- Quiver Dance
- Flamethrower
- Psychic
- Roost

Kyurem answer to the team, 2a roost is what came to mind especially on this build considering that pivoting was always going to be happening, with Support for Latios to clean as well as Landorus.

:latios-mega: :clefable: :volcarona: :ss/skarmory: :poke-ball: :poke-ball:
Skarmory @ Rocky Helmet
Ability: Sturdy
EVs: 248 HP / 212 Def / 48 Spe
Bold Nature
- Iron Defense
- Body Press
- Roost
- Spikes

Mega Mawile counter. Simple as. It's very good for dealing with Heatran and Magnezone switch ins when you're able to predict them coming in, but should only do this when at +2. Aside from this, punishes pivots such as Lopunny, Corv and Landorus very well especially paired with Hazards on the field.

:latios-mega: :clefable: :volcarona: :skarmory: :ss/landorus-therian: :poke-ball:
Landorus-Therian (M) @ Rockium Z
Ability: Intimidate
EVs: 48 HP / 216 Atk / 244 Spe
Adamant Nature
- Swords Dance
- Earthquake
- Stone Edge
- Stealth Rock

To effectively deal with defences such as Corviknight, Gliscor, Landorus and Tapu Fini, we felt that Rockium Z Landorus fit well here, as +2 adamant nuked quite a bit off of that list. Of course the rest of the team can deal with them individually, however it is unexpected with the defensive meta and is able to clear 1 roadblock for the rest of the team.

:latios-mega: :clefable: :volcarona: :skarmory: :landorus-therian: :ss/tapu-fini:
Tapu Fini @ Choice Scarf
Ability: Misty Surge
EVs: 248 HP / 36 SpD / 224 Spe
Timid Nature
- Surf
- Moonblast
- Trick
- Defog

This is Pannu's idea this one, Scarf Fini. Lacked speed control, and Fini acts as a fast damage output that can put chip on a switch in and clean fast threats. It's access to trick also allows it to cripple defences such as Toxapex, Corviknight, Heatran and opposing Tapu-Fini. Also cripples Rotom-W which has a decent matchup against the team and any other switch ins such as Kyurem, Magnezone and Tapu Koko.

Threat List

:tapu-lele:

Scarf outspeeds the entire team and Specs just does too much damage to recover from. In fact, a switch in for scarf can be struggled to get and has to be played around With Skarmory, Tapu Fini and Volcarona as well as Clefable at full HP.

:zapdos:

Modest, Fly-Z Zapdos destroys the team. Zero-switch in and, if the correct spread, outspeeds Landorus. Latios is pretty much the only thing that can switch in and recover but can easily be predicted with Volt-Switch.

Everything She Wants (Latios-Mega) (M) @ Latiosite
Ability: Levitate
EVs: 4 Def / 252 SpA / 252 Spe
Timid Nature
- Psychic
- Ice Beam
- Aura Sphere
- Roost

Credit Card Baby (Clefable) @ Life Orb
Ability: Magic Guard
EVs: 248 HP / 200 Def / 60 Spe
Bold Nature
- Calm Mind
- Moonblast
- Thunder
- Soft-Boiled

I'm your Man (Volcarona) @ Heavy-Duty Boots
Ability: Flame Body
EVs: 40 HP / 252 SpA / 216 Spe
Timid Nature
- Quiver Dance
- Flamethrower
- Psychic
- Roost

Young Guns (Skarmory) @ Rocky Helmet
Ability: Sturdy
EVs: 248 HP / 212 Def / 48 Spe
Bold Nature
- Iron Defense
- Body Press
- Roost
- Spikes

Freedom (Landorus-Therian) (M) @ Rockium Z
Ability: Intimidate
EVs: 48 HP / 216 Atk / 244 Spe
Adamant Nature
- Swords Dance
- Earthquake
- Stone Edge
- Stealth Rock

Wake Me Up Before You Go Go (Tapu Fini) @ Choice Scarf
Ability: Misty Surge
EVs: 248 HP / 36 SpD / 224 Spe
Timid Nature
- Surf
- Moonblast
- Trick
- Defog

Can't believe this is my 500th post on the site. Met so many awesome folks, gotta say hey.

pannuracotta adem peap Byleth Phyn My main homies. Appreciate all of you.

Solaros & Lunaris Kaede astralydia Clementine Redgoop115 R8 Senko Sulo MudkipBeans Kate Typhlosion4 my National Dex Family <3

Jordy Isza ez nvk anique Mimikyu Stardust ChrisPBacon nvk Mollymiltoast Top gamers, we have laughs, we talk mons and all know what we're doing (kind of)

WLA guys, hanged with you guys, real lads.

Axzel Reece beauts Dragonillis OMs gamers

maroon diegoblu 2020 idm boomer DerpyBoi Ryuji-Sempai Abhi TPP ironwater Nol Dorron Aqua Jet Kris Lalaya Links Lupla agc x dababy sanguine omicorio Everyone Else innit

(sorry if I missed you, appreciate all of you)​

Last edited:

Clementine

(scam) artist
is a Top Artistis a Forum Moderatoris a Community Contributoris a Top Tiering Contributoris a Battle Simulator Moderatoris a Community Leader Alumnusis a defending SCL Champion
thanks for the shoutouts et v fun team, you could add Heatran to the threatlist cause you can't OHKO it without EQ from Lando, and it can relatively freely click Magma Storm, especially with Rocks up
OffTran is very nasty, but even fat Tran with Magma can chip everything fairly easily
Yard + Pursuit support sounds very difficult to deal with as well since Latios will inevitably have a lot of stuff to take on, mainly Yard, but even opposing Volcarona

I don't have ANY suggestion to improve this team I'm just the kind of dumbass who points out weakness without any improvements suggestions sry

thanks for the shoutouts et v fun team, you could add Heatran to the threatlist cause you can't OHKO it without EQ from Lando, and it can relatively freely click Magma Storm, especially with Rocks up
OffTran is very nasty, but even fat Tran with Magma can chip everything fairly easily
Yard + Pursuit support sounds very difficult to deal with as well since Latios will inevitably have a lot of stuff to take on, mainly Yard, but even opposing Volcarona

I don't have ANY suggestion to improve this team I'm just the kind of dumbass who points out weakness without any improvements suggestions sry
I'm about as bad, I can maybe improve, but no idea of threats.

Why is Clefable using Thunder?

Clementine

(scam) artist
is a Top Artistis a Forum Moderatoris a Community Contributoris a Top Tiering Contributoris a Battle Simulator Moderatoris a Community Leader Alumnusis a defending SCL Champion
Why is Clefable using Thunder?
Clef runs Thunder as its way of hitting both Toxapex and Heatran for as much damage as possible, while spreading paralysis
factoring in Thunder's accuracy, it has a 21% chance of paralysing the target, while Thunderbolt only has 10%
Furthermore, the added power of Thunder compared to Thunderbolt makes it the better option on non-Modest sets to beat the aforementioned Toxapex

Ayo Im late to the party, havent been checking ps or smogon for a few days
Ty for the shoutout king, I'm here for u whenever u need anything

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 0)