Event Discussion

CTNC

Doesn't know how to attack
I don't supposed you happened to open Pokemon Go at all during the first week of October? If you did it should have activated a special research event that rewards Zarude at the end. If you didn't play before Oct 7th, though, then you're out of luck on this front too :(

October 7th. You're joking, right? -_- Right? Please tell me you're joking. D:

Okay, denial was nice while it lasted. FUCK EVERYTHING!!!!!

Pikachu315111

Ranting & Raving!
is a Community Contributoris a Top Smogon Media Contributor
I've yet to get a response and my Ticket is still "Open", odd.
So finally got a response... it was the generic "are you sure you did everything correctly?". Either they did not read my ticket and just sent a default message or they think I'm an idiot, or maybe both. Well, holding my tongue for sharper language, I sent them this response back re-opening the ticket:
Hello. As my original message said, my Trainer Club account has had my Gmail address for years (and I know it works because I got the emails for these Support responses). I've also had the Marketing Preference checked for years, and in the past I've gotten Newsletters and other Pokemon promotional material. And I have searched all over my Gmail for the Newsletter and I can't find it (it's not in the Primary tab, Promotions tab, Social tab, Spam folder, Trash folder, and when I typed in keywords such as "Zarude", "Celebi", "Pokemon", and "code" in the search bar it didn't show up); I can only conclude it was not sent. As I've mentioned before, in the past I've had problems with Newsletter Promotion. If you sent out a Newsletter to every email that's on the list to receive promotional material, then there must be one for my gmail (REDACTED). I don't know what happened to it, but I did not receive it, therefore its codes are still active. Last time I had this issue, mentioned it in my first message, the support team were able to send me my Newsletter email. I imagine a similar problem has occurred again, for some reason failing to be sent automatically so needs to be sent manually. And if for some reason you can't send the email, at the very least I'd like to know the codes to receive my Dada Zarude & Shiny Celebi. Thank you for understanding.
Let's see how long this takes to get a response.

Pikachu315111

Ranting & Raving!
It's 90% likely to just be automated
And for some reason the automated system skipped over me (and guessing a lot of other people). they just need to log into the Newsletter email account, find my Newsletter which either wasn't sent/failed for whatever reason, and have to click the send button & make sure its received. That is, of course, it did generate a Newsletter & codes for me. If for some reason it didn't, well that's another issue and fault on their end. They have to had generated some extra codes (or rather have a way to generate more because I can't imagine it's that hard) for cases like this which has happened plenty of times before.

And for some reason the automated system skipped over me (and guessing a lot of other people). they just need to log into the Newsletter email account, find my Newsletter which either wasn't sent/failed for whatever reason, and have to click the send button & make sure its received. That is, of course, it did generate a Newsletter & codes for me. If for some reason it didn't, well that's another issue and fault on their end. They have to had generated some extra codes (or rather have a way to generate more because I can't imagine it's that hard) for cases like this which has happened plenty of times before.
...the response you got was likely automated, is what I mean.

Pikachu315111

Ranting & Raving!
...the response you got was likely automated, is what I mean.
Oh. Well, yeah, it's definitely written like one. But it took 10 days to get and they considered by ticket "solved", so I would hope that mean someone at the very least looked at it.

October 7th. You're joking, right? -_- Right? Please tell me you're joking. D:

Okay, denial was nice while it lasted. FUCK EVERYTHING!!!!!
If it's any consolation, when I wrote that I forgot that you wouldn't be able to transfer it from HOME to SwSh anyways, unless you get someone to touch-trade you a zarude to register it in the dex. (You need to have the mon-in game before you can transfer from HOME to switch)

CTNC

Doesn't know how to attack
If it's any consolation, when I wrote that I forgot that you wouldn't be able to transfer it from HOME to SwSh anyways, unless you get someone to touch-trade you a zarude to register it in the dex. (You need to have the mon-in game before you can transfer from HOME to switch)
That's a slap in the face for anyone that could get one through Go but not the news letter. (AKA Everyone)

I'm convinced the Pokemon Company doesn't want anyone to get Zarude.

QuentinQuonce

formerly green_typhlosion
That's a slap in the face for anyone that could get one through Go but not the news letter. (AKA Everyone)

I'm convinced the Pokemon Company doesn't want anyone to get Zarude.
It wasn't even tradeable for a while, for some reason. I remember the hassle of trying to get the dex entry on Home ages ago and everyone who tried to trade it to me was prevented from doing so.

I don't supposed you happened to open Pokemon Go at all during the first week of October? If you did it should have activated a special research event that rewards Zarude at the end. If you didn't play before Oct 7th, though, then you're out of luck on this front too :(
How long does this event last? I think I have one activated but I don't play Pokemon Go enough to get it done anytime soon

How long does this event last? I think I have one activated but I don't play Pokemon Go enough to get it done anytime soon
The Zarude event is over. If you opened Pokemon GO at any point during the event you should have activated the special research quest that rewards Zarude at the end, which has no time limit. But if you didn't open the game during the event (oct 1 to 7, I think), you're out of luck until/if it comes back, unfortunately.

The Zarude event is over. If you opened Pokemon GO at any point during the event you should have activated the special research quest that rewards Zarude at the end, which has no time limit. But if you didn't open the game during the event (oct 1 to 7, I think), you're out of luck until/if it comes back, unfortunately.
Hmm, I'm pretty sure I have the quest unlocked, I'll have to check

This feels just abusable enough that I have a suspicion that they're going to quickly put in a thing of "we're checking the IPs, you gotta at least put on a VPN my dudes"

I mean I still put mine in because I'm not going to say no to easy dogs but--

Hopefully they don't do that before I get home, papa needs a new pair of dogs and hopefully I don't need to show a GameStop employee my switch like this:
Screenshot_20211022-102005_Gallery.jpg

I just wonder if Gamefreak can somehow tell where you got the code from

Hopefully they don't do that before I get home, papa needs a new pair of dogs and hopefully I don't need to show a GameStop employee my switch like this:
View attachment 378981
I just wonder if Gamefreak can somehow tell where you got the code from
For the former you shouldn't. The only stores requiring proof of the game are in Japan.

For the latter...I want to say no, I believe that games don't check region for the code. I think if you could somehow get, say, a pre-order or mechandise-specific serial code and use that on your american switch, it would still work provided it ws still in the time frame of the event.

Side note, here's another new event
The next Pokémon Center Birthday distribution has been announced for Japan. From November 1st, if you go to the Pokémon Center and prove it's the month od your birthday, you'll be given a Serial Code. This code will give you a special Happiny. This code can be redeemed in Pokémon Sword, Shield, Brilliant Diamond, Shining Pearl or Legends Arceus and runs until October 31st 2022
Interestingly I believe this is the first time we've seen a Legends Arceus event? BDSP at least had some pre-order stuff like the apricorn balls or Manaphy already announced.

For the former you shouldn't. The only stores requiring proof of the game are in Japan.

For the latter...I want to say no, I believe that games don't check region for the code. I think if you could somehow get, say, a pre-order or mechandise-specific serial code and use that on your american switch, it would still work provided it ws still in the time frame of the event.

Side note, here's another new event

Interestingly I believe this is the first time we've seen a Legends Arceus event? BDSP at least had some pre-order stuff like the apricorn balls or Manaphy already announced.
Be cool if that was in the US too considering my birthday is literally 2 days after the event

So just to clarify, what's the process of getting the code from GameStop?

They don't have anything about it on their website which is odd

So just to clarify, what's the process of getting the code from GameStop?

They don't have anything about it on their website which is odd
Go into the store
Get code card at the front register

That's it. You might have to ask for it specifically depending on the store and where they keep the card (ie: is it just out there on the counter with the other chatzkees or is it on their side of the counter).

Remember, by the way, that currently you can only get the Zacian for Shield; Zamazenta for Sword will be given in november

ARGHHHH NOT THE SHIELD FANS WINNING AGAIN

FIRST TYRANITAR AS A VERSION EXCLUSIVE NOW THIS??? HERESY, HERESY I SAY

anyways a good friend traded me a shiny zacian and i have just wiped a snom off the face of the earth with it. life is good. but i still have to wait for the pink zama.
Shield Enjoyers stay winning

We got the superior mascot (Zamazenta) and now the shiny version of the mascot that's actually useful in battles :psysly:

I went to go get a code and...they sold out? I didn't know they could sell out...it's a free code

I'll keep trying and hopefully they restock, but I guess I'll have to use the GameUk code regardless

I went to go get a code and...they sold out? I didn't know they could sell out...it's a free code

I'll keep trying and hopefully they restock, but I guess I'll have to use the GameUk code regardless
"Sell out" is somewhat accurate as an off the cuff meaning for "they're out of code cards". More accurate would be "They ran out" but if I worked a register at gamestop i'd probably say the same thing.

"Sell out" is somewhat accurate as an off the cuff meaning for "they're out of code cards". More accurate would be "They ran out" but if I worked a register at gamestop i'd probably say the same thing.
That clarifies it, hopefully they'll have more cards tomorrow

At the very least the Gamestop I visited had some TCG packs, which is also a rarity here

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 3)