• Hazard Stack Sun

• Krookadile Sun

• Volcarona Rain

• SD Glis+SD Kart+Weavile

• Ring Target Victini Sun

Results are only viewable after voting.
Status
Not open for further replies.
This is the rate my team section, but for this occasion as the end of the generation is nearing its end I'll introduce many different teams in this rate my team(s) both sun and non-sun teams for all of you to enjoy. Each team that isn't listed in the testing phase has a breakdown and will go as followed:

1) Team Building Process

2) Pokemon Sets with Pokepaste

3) Strengths and Weaknesses, Peak, and How to Use

4) Recommending team to whom

Testing phase teams only will include #2

All teams will be broken up into different categories with bold lettering for each type, each team in those categories will be down below

Garchomp+Thundy Sun
Camerupt Sun
RhyBulu Sun
Psychium Volc Sun

PsySand
Sand Semi-Stall (broken so don't use)
Ttar+Snow Semi TR

Dark Spam Hazard Stack
Banded Kommo-o BO
Weavile+Zard Y offense (its not full sun)
Z Rotom Heat Balance
Mega Medi+Weavile BO
Resttalk Araquanid+Zeraora BO
Hazard Stack Sun
Krookadile Sun
Ri-Redacted-ini Sun
Volcarona Rain xD
SD Glis+SD Kart+Weavile Team

Sun

When I was in the beginning stages of building this team I wanted to use Thunderous as the main pokemon to center the team around. First glance at the idea might make you say "but it doesn't even abuse sun so why make a sun team around it?" For the curious minds of those people I will present this: Thunderous gives me a wall-breaking monster who cripples walls I want severely chipped or KO'd directly because of this pokemon such as Heatran, Tyranitar, Garchomp, Toxapex, and many other pokemon. Thunderous also has the ability Prankster, a ability that allows thunder wave to be a great way to annoy other things that might wall/outspeed it like Mega Latios, Mega Zam, Mega Latias, Torn T, and many common set up sweepers get crippled by this annoying monster. Thunderous also gives me a ground immunity, invaluable to any team in general but especially a sun team. The very few pokemon who take these attacks normally end up being complete Venusaur food, so its a match that is fluid overall.

Next up is Garchomp, a pokemon who gives me a fire resist, electric immunity, solid speed tier, and another wall breaker who doesn't need sun but can benefit from sun's ability to boost Fire Fang and the sweepers that break down what annoys it. Dragon+Sun is a pretty common way to use sun back then and even with fairies this trend continues due to fire and poison types doing good against fairies. Garchomp's set takes advantage of these traits to go dragonium Z, normally inferior to Z stone edge, but with the assistance of its teammates lets this set run free. Earthquake and Swords Dance lets it be Garchomp and the already mentioned Fire Fang kets it break Celesteela, Bulu, Skarmory, and Ferrothorn much easier and under sun makes it a legit coverage option that can work outside of it.

Torkoal+Venusaur are the next 2 obvious slots as this is the main sun core, but after that I needed a fire type and something that reliably takes care of pokemon like Heatran and can defog on it, so the last one of the slots go to Hydreion due to its ability to resist water, take on Heatran in a 1v1 and defog, and also gives me yet another Ground immunity. The other slot is taken up by scarf Victini due to its speed tier outside of sun and good power under it as it can be a great revenge killer and a switch in on stuff like Tapu Lele and Mega Zam.

The Team and Sets

1573167088902.png

Torkoal @ Heat Rock
Ability: Drought
EVs: 248 HP / 252 Def / 8 SpD
Relaxed Nature
IVs: 0 Atk / 0 Spe
- Lava Plume
- Rapid Spin
- Stealth Rock
- Toxic

Thundurus @ Life Orb
Ability: Prankster
EVs: 88 Atk / 168 SpA / 252 Spe
Naive Nature
- Thunder Wave
- Hidden Power [Ice]
- Superpower
- Thunderbolt
88 attack is to KO Rocks Mega Tyranitar 100% of the time

Garchomp @ Dragonium Z
Ability: Rough Skin
EVs: 252 Atk / 4 SpD / 252 Spe
Jolly Nature
- Earthquake
- Outrage
- Fire Fang
- Swords Dance

Venusaur @ Life Orb
Ability: Chlorophyll
EVs: 252 SpA / 4 SpD / 252 Spe
Modest Nature
IVs: 0 Atk
- Giga Drain
- Sludge Bomb
- Hidden Power [Fire]
- Growth

Victini @ Choice Scarf
Ability: Victory Star
Jolly Nature
- V-create
- U-turn
- Bolt Strike
- Trick / Final Gambit
Final Gambit is a fine option on this team if you want to explore with that.

Hydreigon @ Leftovers
Ability: Levitate
EVs: 236 HP / 20 SpA / 252 Spe
Timid Nature
- Earth Power
- Roost
- Draco Meteor / Dark Pulse
- Defog
Dark Pulse can be used over Draco if you want but be weary of the Kommo-o matchup if so.

Pokepaste: https://pokepast.es/8388a4c8dc3c0740

How To Use
For most games you want to make sure you identify these things: What blocks a Venusaur/Thundy/Chomp/Victini endgame, what needs thunder wave support, what needs to be checked defensively, and what backup plan do you have for when sun isn't up/unreliable during the game. After you identified these things, all I can honestly say is play your best by not wasting torkoal's health on useless plays and making sure you know what scenario you want to end up with a endgame with what you want.

Matchups to be careful of

Kommo-o Z: Garchomp has to be in or t-wave go off, but generally this can be a annoying matchup but manageable.

Offensive Destroyers: Pokemon like Ditto and Mega Lopunny will be an annoying threat, but both can be t-wave and Victini can deal with Mega Lopunny if you're desperate.

Tapu Lele: This thing will click buttons against anyone and sets up terrain for Mega Zam so it can avoid t-wave, a real headache so taking it out or forcing it to click moonblast if specs might be the only way out. On the Bright side is that once Victini comes in a pokemon dies.

DD Mega Ttar with Ice Punch: This pokemon is immune to thunder wave, takes out Garchomp in 1 hit, and your only real chance of dealing with this is to never let it set up, other Ttar are generally going to be something you can manage well and Ttar is lured in by Victini and Thundy, both who could use moves to take it out.

There could be other potential matchups that I missed but those are the ones that come to my mind first.

Peak: No evidence of peak of 1900+ but I do remember getting at least 1920 with this if not higher.

Who I recommend this to: Newer players who want to experiment with sun but still have something they might still feel familiar with overall. This works for most player skill levels.

Made this team a while back and it still does the job well in present day. When I was making the team I was focused on the idea of using Volcarona to its max potential under sun while helping Venusaur beat Heatran, this team does both. For the team, I already had 4 slots taken and a predictable 5th slot too in Torkoal, Venusaur, Lele, Volcarona, and Hydreigon. All these pokemon give me the usual needs for sun and for the last slot I got scarf Lando T to fill out the ground typing slot and backup defog. Reason for little description is because I already talked a ton about the other mons and I feel like a broken record doing so and I will also say this team was fairly easy to make once I had the idea in mind.

Team Preview
View attachment 204494
Torkoal @ Heat Rock
Relaxed Nature
IVs: 0 Spe
- Lava Plume
- Rapid Spin
- Stealth Rock
- Earthquake

Tapu Lele @ Choice Specs
Ability: Psychic Surge
Timid Nature
- Psychic
- Moonblast
- Psyshock
- Focus Blast

Volcarona @ Psychium Z
Ability: Flame Body
Timid Nature
- Fire Blast
- Psychic
- Hidden Power [Ground]
- Quiver Dance

Venusaur @ Life Orb
Modest Nature
- Sludge Bomb
- Hidden Power [Fire]
- Giga Drain
- Growth

Landorus-Therian @ Choice Scarf
Ability: Intimidate
EVs: 244 Atk / 68 Def / 196 Spe
Jolly Nature
- Earthquake
- U-turn
- Defog
- Stone Edge

Hydreigon @ Leftovers
Timid Nature
- Earth Power
- Draco Meteor
- Roost
- Defog

Pokepaste: https://pokepast.es/ebff95a25cdaf367

How to use
You want to identify what way of winning will be most effective before every game: Lele breaks everything, Venusaur sweep, or Volcarona sweep. After you do that find what needs to be defensively taken care of and go from there. You'll need to play with some aggressiveness with this team but with Hydreigon you can afford to scout out how the opposition reacts. Past that good luck using the team.

Ttar: Landorus can switch in once and Lele lures and outs dents on Ttar, but sadly this monster of a tank will be annoying to deal with all game so best bet is to take it down as early as you can.

Ditto: Yeah you're weak to everything that you use but now ditto is always faster, not much needed to be said outside of that. If you see Ditto your best bet is likely Venusaur sweeping because most Ditto don't carry HP Fire to take you out. Volcarona can use Psychuim Z to ohko ditto in terrain as ditto tries to use Volcarona as a way to auto-win the game, but be extremely careful around ditto.

Threats

Psyspam: Other Tapu Lele are annoying to switch into and mega zam a big pain, but with Tapu Lele+Volcarona setting up you can beat this as long as you outplay.

Peak: Fuzzy on details but I do know that I hit 1800+ on many occasions and hit 1900 once with it, sadly replays are limited of me using this and are hard to find, I'll update this part in the future but for now take my word on it.
(morale of the story kids, get your replays prepared lol)

Before I begin with this team I want to give a huge thanks to Pokemon Hates Me for making this team with me.

Team Building Process

When me and PHM (Pokemon Hates Me) first was thinking of building the team I was thinking about combining the 2 main play styles that we like using, Sun (me) and Trick Room (PHM). Now first thing that comes to mind is "ok sun trick room then", but the thing is that full TR is pretty shit overall, but semi-tr is amazing imo, so the goal turned into how can we build sun semi-tr. First 2 pokemon to this list was obviously Torkoal and Venusaur as they make up the sun core. Next up was a Trick Room setter that reliably gets it up throughout the game and the options are a handful of pokemon, but when it came to it both me and PHM liked Cresselia who works great on both sun and trick room, so easy pick. Next 3 selections came down to a OTR mon that PHM wanted, a Fire resistance that I wanted that could defog reliably, and a fire type that abused trick room. For the OTR mon, Stakataka was a pokemon that PHM had in mind for the team as LO Staka is a amazing sweeper with its insanely powerful gyro ball, great bulk, steel typing, and is a great partner to Cresselia. Stakataka also gives me a Ttar switch in, a Volcarona counter play, and a win condition that doesn't need sun. The fire resistance that is a defog user was next which was my selection, Hydreigon. Hydreigon partners super well with Cresselia and Stakataka as a whole, helps Venusaur against the pesky Heatran, and provides me a good fire resist overall. With the team dynamic at the moment clearly going towards trick room, I made Venusaur poison Z to lure and break annoying threats like Mega Latias and Bulkarona. Poison Z is also great for revenge killing a number of annoying pokemon and adds to the longevity of Venusaur thanks to no Life Orb recoil. The last slot had to be, at least to me, a electric immunity and a fire type, there where only 2 real options; Alolan Marowak and Mega Camerupt. Both of these pokemon are already known to be good under trick room, PHM at first wanted to use Alolan Marowak because of its amazing flare blitz under sun, but since this is a sun team there was a couple problems with Alolan Marowak; pursuit and recoil damage. Camerupt on the other hand allowed me to have a pokemon who truly abused sun to the fullest without fear of recoil or no electric immunity, I get a 2 in 1. Camerupt also had access to the nail in the coffin that made it obvious that Camerupt was the better pick, growth. Camerupt is honestly broken with sun+tr, no switch in besides cm mega latias if Camerupt hasn't already got a growth off, even then rocks up its a roll to have Mega Latias drop. With the whole team out together and the 2 ideas seamlessly being put together, we accomplished the goal of creating the best sun semi-tr I think is out there. Stakataka slot can be used on Magearna if you really want but Venusaur becomes the Life Orb user instead of the OTR mon.

Team Preview

View attachment 204462

Torkoal @ Heat Rock
Relaxed Nature
- Lava Plume
- Rapid Spin
- Stealth Rock
- Toxic

Camerupt-Mega @ Cameruptite
Ability: Sheer Force
EVs: 248 HP / 252 SpA / 8 SpD
Quiet Nature
- Earth Power
- Fire Blast
- Substitute
- Growth

Stakataka @ Life Orb
Ability: Beast Boost
EVs: 252 HP / 252 Atk / 4 SpD
Lonely Nature
IVs: 15 Def / 0 Spe
- Stone Edge
- Gyro Ball
- Earthquake
- Trick Room

Hydreigon @ Leftovers
Timid Nature
- Roost
- Draco Meteor
- Defog
- Earth Power

Cresselia @ Leftovers
EVs: 248 HP / 188 Def / 72 SpD
Calm Nature
- Trick Room
- Lunar Dance
- Moonlight
- Ice Beam

Venusaur @ Poisonium Z
Modest Nature
- Sludge Bomb
- Hidden Power [Fire]
- Giga Drain
- Growth

Pokepaste: https://pokepast.es/173ccc09a25e9019

How to use
Its fairly basic in what the team's goal is, but before each game you must look at these three things offensively: Does Venusaur break/sweep, does Camerupt break/sweep, does Stakataka sweep/break. You must also identify what needs to be checked on the other end, examples like "Ttar so Stakataka+Hydreigon must be used for it" or "Tapu Lele and Medicham are there so Cresselia should check it", stuff like that. Once you identify all of those things, make a game plan, and know what scenarios lead to a win, you should be good to go, its up to you to make sure you win.

Matchups to be careful of

Mega Latias: This pokemon can and will be an annoying threat if its a calm mind set with sub/refresh, only real way to beat this is to lure and kill with Venusaur or use Camerupt to lure and take out, very difficult.

Rain
One of the few sun teams who might be at a preview disadvantage, but with Venusaur, Torkoal, and Hydreigon, you can defeat this with the right plays.

Might of missed other pokemon, but those are what comes to mind on what can be annoying to deal with.

Recommend to whom: I would suggest this team for a more experienced player as this team is hard to use for a beginner in using sun and/or trick room and working out those dynamics, but this team is extremely rewarding to those who do know how to manage that.

Peak: Yes, I have replays for once lol.
From memory I hit 1970+ during olt period and one of the ladder replays show something very close to that mark.
https://replay.pokemonshowdown.com/gen7ou-953580869 (lol Tyrantrum in 2k+)
https://replay.pokemonshowdown.com/gen7ou-953204618
https://replay.pokemonshowdown.com/gen7ou-956838548

This is the second oldest team I'll present as it was build in the mist of the Zygarde meta but the team is still decent to this day.

When making this team I had one thing ringing in my ear: Avoid over-reliance on sun. This was right after my peak with whimsicott zygarde sun and I felt like bulu sun was the only sun (wrong af lol), but the team solely relied on sun to do the big damage and Zygarde out of it, at the time my Bulu was AV so it didn't do much. I got to work once someone made me realize this fatal flaw in my building, so I search everywhere for a decent pokemon who benefits from sun, benefits sun, and doesn't need it to win. I searched up and found a article in BW OU sun for some ideas and ran into Rhyperior, a perfect match for Bulu Sun. Rhyperior's bulk, attacking stats, meshing with bulu seamlessly, electric immunity, and a great fire resistance made it the perfect choice for my new team. Bulu, Torkoal, and Venusaur made up the next 3 pokemon as the sun core. Last 2 pokemon came down to me wanting defog on Heatran that was reliably and wanting a fire type that worked well with the team. Fire type was the more obvious choice as Mega Houndoom is disgusting under terrain, able to ohko Toxapex at +2, Garchomp with no need for NP, and plenty of other free kos while reducing damage from solar power. The other slot was also obvious but at the time it was the first time I thought of bulky defog hydra. I always seen it as a solid offensive piece to any team, but once I realized that it was great and did everything I wanted, I couldn't resist trying it out, safe to say that it worked well as I still use that very same set to this day.

Team Preview
View attachment 204467
Torkoal @ Heat Rock
Relaxed Nature
- Lava Plume
- Rapid Spin
- Stealth Rock
- Toxic

Tapu Bulu @ Leftovers
Ability: Grassy Surge
EVs: 248 HP / 244 SpD / 16 Spe
Careful Nature
- Horn Leech
- Bulk Up
- Light Screen
- Synthesis
Superpower>Light Screen is perfectly fine but Light Screen is there to help set up Venusaur, Force defog, handle Lele much easier, lets Bulu beat CM Reuni in a 1v1 along with bulk up, and also lets Rhyperior check more stuff like Volcarona. Stone Edge can work for Volcarona and Torn t too in a more direct way to handle them.

Rhyperior @ Leftovers
Ability: Solid Rock
EVs: 244 HP / 248 Def / 16 SpD
Impish Nature
- Stone Edge
- Stomping Tantrum
- Fire Punch
- Avalanche

Hydreigon @ Leftovers
Timid Nature
- Earth Power
- Draco Meteor
- Roost
- Defog

Venusaur @ Life Orb
Modest Nature
- Giga Drain
- Sludge Bomb
- Hidden Power [Fire]
- Growth

Houndoom-Mega @ Houndoominite
Ability: Flash Fire
Timid Nature
- Flamethrower
- Dark Pulse
- Solar Beam
- Nasty Plot

Pokepaste: https://pokepast.es/c8a2d6ff22ef6aac

How to use

First thing you do is to figure out how Venusaur can win the game late game. After you identify that, figure out what needs to be check and how along with what needs to be broken with Houndoom. Lastly before every game, always have a backup plan incase sun isn't up, a majority of the time Hydra+Bulu+Rhyperior can win games on their own with some support from your teammates. Once in battle and determine how want to attack and everything else needed, you should be good to go.

Threat List

Volcarona: Although this seems like a unbeatable monster, Torkoal's toxic, light screen from bulu, can't set up on Rhyperior, flash fire on Houndoom base form, and Venusaur able to revenge kill makes the matchup at least doable.

Kommo-o: While draco Hydra can lure it in and ohko, Bulu beating most variants, and Rhyperior able to beat most of them once chipped down, it is still a giant pain to deal with as it lives Houndoom's flamethrower at +2, Venusaur's Giga at +2 in terrain, and with Poison Jab can beat bulu, so careful around Kommo-o. Spedef Kommo-o is the worst of them all as it can toxic bulu and whatever else, uses protect for leftovers+terrain+burn sun turns, and also sets rocks as it comes in on Houndoom and Venusaur with ease.

Hawlucha: This pokemon can be a gigantic pain to face as +2 will win if you don't have Bulu at full or Torkoal at full. Best ways around this is to either 1v1 Lucha with Bulu before it eats the seed or use Rhyperior's bulk and ice coverage to annoy it and then take out with Torkoal, but this requires all of these pokemon to be at near full health so be extremely careful.

If you don't get spedef Kommo-o your matchup should be a winnable one.

Recommend: To people who want to use something cool looking to flex on people with but still pulls out wins with ease. This will be better in a more experienced player then a beginner because of how odd the team is as a whole.

Peak: It was 1980+, though because I'm a tad lazy and don't want to dig through so many replays to find the replay that shows it I'm going to say take my word for it. (I might edit later and put some in but thats not a guarantee)

Sand

The flagship sand team I have and will always have in my back pocket out of the sheer bs it will pull off. As of now with the decline of Mega Zam this team is only better with its main threat gone, now onto the team.

Building Process
I wanted to make a team that can abuse t-spikes but wasn't so painfully slow while doing so, first thing that came to mind was Pex+Drill. Toxapex lays down hazards as Drill abuses pokemon who attempt to switch into t-spikes by getting nuked by drill or getting poisoned so its easier to beat later on. PsySpam was also a cool way of also getting the most out of t-spikes and drill as if benefits from drill taking out steels and poison pokemon who can't come in on psychic usually. With the idea set in motion, the team looked liked Hippo, Pex, Drill, Lele, and Zam. I wanted a defog user, pivot, a lure to steels, EQ immunity, and a way to deal with scarftana, Torn t become the only choice for that slot, a great one too.

Team Preview

1573164221651.png

Hippowdon @ Smooth Rock
Ability: Sand Stream
EVs: 248 HP / 112 Def / 144 SpD / 4 Spe
Impish Nature
- Earthquake
- Slack Off
- Stealth Rock
- Whirlwind

Tapu Lele @ Choice Specs
Modest Nature
- Psychic
- Moonblast
- Thunderbolt
- Psyshock
Modest is chosen because it hits Celesteela much harder to the point it puts Celesteela in range of many attacks, timid wouldn't do that reliably.

Alakazam-Mega @ Alakazite
Ability: Magic Guard
Timid Nature
- Psychic
- Focus Blast
- Shadow Ball
- Recover

Excadrill @ Steelium Z
Ability: Sand Rush
Adamant Nature
- Earthquake
- Iron Head
- Rock Slide
- Swords Dance

Tornadus-Therian @ Rocky Helmet
Ability: Regenerator
EVs: 252 HP / 4 Def / 252 Spe
Timid Nature
- Defog
- U-turn
- Heat Wave
- Hurricane

Toxapex @ Black Sludge
EVs: 248 HP / 8 Def / 252 SpD
Calm Nature
- Recover
- Scald
- Toxic Spikes
- Haze

Pokepaste: https://pokepast.es/8df5c7ab1079140d

How to use: Well its a game plan on what sweeping first: Drill or Psyspam. pick which one is more effective and have the other one break for it. This team can also go into stall mode with pex+torn t+hippo walling a good portion of the meta. As long as you play with a level head any game is winnable and nothing is too strong, well mostly.

Threats:

Other Psyspam: Mega Zam is a cold blooded killer against this team, be extremely careful around zam. You can try your luck with focus miss on drill, chip it and use torn t to take a hit and take it out, Lele eating sball and taking it out, and Mega Zam 50/50, but its still walking on eggshells with this monster.

Z Heatran: Toxapex, Drill, Hippo, and Zam all can help against Heatran to a extent but Grass Z tran is a monster to face, speaking of monsters.

Banded Bulu: Torn T can only switch into this once so be careful around it, good part is that its lured by EQ Drill, Lele, and Zam so it'll be forced to click horn leech more often then not, but a early game wood hammer is something anyone using this should respect.

Everything else is not just beatable but you should beat given the tools at your disposal.

Recommend: To anyone lol, anyone can use this and anyone can use this well with half a brain.

Peak: I'll gather replays later but I know for a fact I hit 1900+ with this at some point during both pre-zyg meta and post-zyg meta.

(Pukes)
Yeah this team is gross, I'll just show you the team, the paste, and a couple replays I got of it, it'll make you want to throw up if I did anything more, oh wait I got to tell people how to use this and what threatens it.

Team Preview
1573164232662.png

Hippowdon @ Smooth Rock
EVs: 252 HP / 112 Def / 144 SpD
Impish Nature
- Earthquake
- Slack Off
- Stealth Rock
- Whirlwind

Ferrothorn @ Leftovers
Ability: Iron Barbs
EVs: 252 HP / 28 Def / 228 SpD
Sassy Nature
- Spikes
- Gyro Ball
- Power Whip
- Leech Seed

Sableye-Mega @ Sablenite
Ability: Prankster
Careful Nature
- Knock Off
- Will-O-Wisp
- Protect
- Recover

Toxapex @ Black Sludge
Calm Nature
- Toxic Spikes
- Scald
- Haze
- Recover

Tornadus-Therian @ Rocky Helmet
EVs: 248 HP / 8 Def / 252 Spe
Timid Nature
- U-turn
- Heat Wave
- Hurricane
- Defog

Excadrill @ Steelium Z
Adamant Nature
- Earthquake
- Rock Slide / Rapid Spin
- Iron Head
- Swords Dance
I lime rock slide more cause fuck Zapdos but Rapid Spin is likely a little better. Leftovers can also be used for longevity.

You can puke now, wait you're surprised that Reuni wasn't here, well jokes on you I had to use this team and Reuni boring af (not to say this isn't boring still)

How to use
Unless Excadrill 6-0's easily, this is your main gameplan: What walls/checks what, what walls who, when can you get hazards, how to cripple every mon that isn't as effected by the other tactics like scald burn, sand, and knock. Once you get burns with Pex on stuff like Torn T, Cele, other Pex, and other bs, all you have to do its just hazard stack until the opposition can't handle it no more. Drill comes in late game and just says "gg".

Pokepaste: https://pokepast.es/bd48db8ede13721a

Threats:

Lele: Although you can play around all variants of lele, its still a bitch to face. You'll likely have to get the 50/50 every time on it and if its like Z or metronome you'll have to use Ferrothorn+Drill to take it down.

SD breakers: Wisp can cripple these pokemon and Hippo beats Zard X in a 1v1, but I suggest that you make sure these things don't set up for free when you can and make sure they'll get punished for doing so. Kill these things lol.

You being an idiot: Yep thats all, don't be stupid and you'll win.

Recommend: No one use it.

Peak: It made the throw up on how disgusting the team is, thats peak toxicity.

Replays that I willing to share:
https://replay.pokemonshowdown.com/gen7ou-881235867
https://replay.pokemonshowdown.com/gen7ou-881239943

A fun squad I built wayyyy back when, the oldest team on the list. Although the older team used Tapu Bulu and now is Tangrowth, nothing much has changed about how fun it is to use this team and the effectiveness of it.

Team Building Process
I wanted to use Mega Snow+Ttar+Trick Room, so I got banded Ttar+Mega Snow and a trick room setter who complements them well, that being Slowbro. Next up is a rocker who can help Snow deal with fires, so I choose Heatran for that. At the time I chosen Bulu because Bulu+Tran+Ttar was a combo I wanted to try, but in time I realized that I became too Kartana weak so I switched to Tangrowth to deal with it. Last slot I was thinking about giving scarf lando but I wanted a sand sweeper so I went Excadrill insteadas I had Snow, Tang, and Slowbro for grounds, good enough for me.

Team Preview

1573164177000.png

Tyranitar @ Choice Band
EVs: 80 HP / 252 Atk / 176 Spe
Adamant Nature
- Stone Edge
- Fire Punch
- Pursuit
- Crunch

Abomasnow-Mega @ Abomasite
Ability: Snow Warning
EVs: 252 HP / 136 Atk / 120 SpA
Quiet Nature
- Blizzard
- Earthquake
- Wood Hammer
- Ice Shard

Excadrill @ Steelium Z
Jolly Nature
- Earthquake
- Iron Head
- Rapid Spin
- Swords Dance

Heatran @ Leftovers
EVs: 248 HP / 92 SpD / 168 Spe
Timid Nature
- Magma Storm
- Earth Power
- Stealth Rock
- Taunt

Slowbro @ Leftovers
EVs: 212 HP / 252 Def / 44 SpD
Relaxed Nature
- Slack Off
- Scald
- Flamethrower
- Trick Room

Tangrowth @ Assault Vest
Sassy Nature
- Giga Drain
- Knock Off
- Hidden Power [Fire]
- Sludge Bomb

How to use

Identify what end game is most effective: Drill sweep, Snow sweep, Bro sweep, or Ttar sweep. Next identify what needs to be checked. Once both of those things happen, make a game plan and you'll be good to go.

Pokepaste: https://pokepast.es/a8a3fefb6a7fc745

Threats

Theres a good chunk of pokemon who are technically threats but I'll talk about the main one that you MUST worry about: Kartana.

Kartana: Swords Dance could mean the end of your team if you're not careful, most of the team can take a hit and knock it out in return and when trick room is up nothing to worry about, but you must be careful when going against it or else it will 6-0.

Recommend: To players looking to have fun, any level of play can use this but with effectiveness only someone who knows how to work the dynamics of Trick Room+Drill can really make things happen for real.

Peak: I have hit 1800's and I think for the fun concept it is thats totally fine, still nothing to scoff at overall. I think it could hit 1900+ on a good day but that is TBD.

Other Teams in Testing Phase
Team Preview
1573174582470.png

Hoopa-Unbound @ Choice Band
Ability: Magician
Jolly Nature
- Hyperspace Fury
- Zen Headbutt
- Drain Punch
- Gunk Shot

Tornadus-Therian (M) @ Rocky Helmet
EVs: 240 HP / 60 Def / 208 Spe
Timid Nature
- U-turn
- Hurricane
- Defog
- Taunt

Ferrothorn @ Leftovers
Ability: Iron Barbs
EVs: 248 HP / 32 Def / 228 SpD
Sassy Nature
- Spikes
- Leech Seed
- Gyro Ball
- Power Whip

Garchomp @ Rocky Helmet
EVs: 252 HP / 4 SpD / 252 Spe
Jolly Nature
- Earthquake
- Stealth Rock
- Dragon Tail
- Toxic

Tapu Lele @ Choice Scarf
Timid Nature
- Psychic
- Moonblast
- Hidden Power [Fire]
- Focus Blast

Sharpedo @ Sharpedonite
Ability: Speed Boost
Adamant Nature
- Psychic Fangs
- Crunch
- Ice Fang
- Protect

Pokepaste: https://pokepast.es/107bd9f5c4ad200d

Team Preview
1573170242120.png

Kommo-o @ Choice Band
Ability: Bulletproof
Adamant Nature
- Close Combat
- Ice Punch
- Poison Jab
- Earthquake

Diancie-Mega @ Diancite
Ability: Magic Bounce
EVs: 8 Atk / 248 SpA / 252 Spe
Hasty Nature
- Protect
- Stealth Rock
- Moonblast
- Diamond Storm

Greninja-Ash (M) @ Choice Specs
Ability: Battle Bond
Timid Nature
- Dark Pulse
- Hydro Pump
- Spikes
- Water Shuriken

Timid Nature
- Hurricane
- Taunt
- Defog
- U-turn

Gastrodon @ Leftovers
Ability: Storm Drain
EVs: 248 HP / 4 Def / 252 SpD / 4 Spe
Sassy Nature
- Earthquake
- Recover
- Scald
- Yawn

Magearna @ Fairium Z
Ability: Soul-Heart
EVs: 248 HP / 28 Def / 212 SpA / 8 SpD / 12 Spe
Modest Nature
- Calm Mind
- Pain Split
- Fleur Cannon
- Thunderbolt

Pokepaste: https://pokepast.es/a0ce77d6e383155f

Team Preview
1573170116860.png

Weavile @ Choice Band
Ability: Pressure
Jolly Nature
- Knock Off
- Icicle Crash
- Ice Shard
- Pursuit

Charizard-Mega-Y @ Charizardite Y
Timid Nature
- Fire Blast
- Solar Beam
- Focus Blast
- Roost

Tapu Koko @ Electrium Z
Ability: Electric Surge
Jolly Nature
- Wild Charge
- U-turn
- Roost
- Defog

Victini @ Choice Scarf
Jolly Nature
- Trick
- V-create
- Bolt Strike
- U-turn

Hydreigon @ Leftovers
EVs: 248 HP / 8 SpD / 252 Spe
Timid Nature
- Earth Power
- Roost
- Draco Meteor
- Defog

Landorus-Therian (M) @ Choice Scarf
EVs: 232 Atk / 68 Def / 208 Spe
Jolly Nature
- Earthquake
- U-turn
- Stealth Rock
- Explosion

Pokepaste: https://pokepast.es/af11eaf9afdf3401

Team Preview
1573169007838.png

Heracross-Mega @ Heracronite
Ability: Guts
Jolly Nature
- Close Combat
- Rock Blast
- Substitute
- Swords Dance

Krookodile @ Choice Scarf
EVs: 32 HP / 252 Atk / 224 Spe
Jolly Nature
- Earthquake
- Pursuit
- Knock Off
- Stone Edge

Rotom-Heat @ Electrium Z
EVs: 252 SpA / 40 SpD / 216 Spe
Timid Nature
- Volt Switch
- Overheat
- Pain Split
- Thunder
Can be Fire Z too and T-bolt>Thunder if so

Necrozma @ Leftovers
Ability: Prism Armor
EVs: 248 HP / 84 Def / 72 SpD / 104 Spe
Bold Nature
- Photon Geyser
- Earth Power
- Stealth Rock
- Moonlight

Tapu Fini @ Leftovers
Ability: Misty Surge
EVs: 248 HP / 244 Def / 16 SpD
Calm Nature
- Moonblast
- Nature's Madness
- Defog
- Scald

Celesteela @ Leftovers
EVs: 252 HP / 28 Def / 228 SpD
Sassy Nature
- Heavy Slam
- Flamethrower
- Leech Seed
- Protect

Pokepaste: https://pokepast.es/f6e4cf07b9c7f599

Team Preview
1573168562725.png

Medicham-Mega @ Medichamite
Ability: Pure Power
Jolly Nature
- High Jump Kick
- Zen Headbutt
- Ice Punch
- Fake Out

Weavile @ Choice Band
Jolly Nature
- Pursuit
- Icicle Crash
- Ice Shard
- Knock Off

Rotom-Wash @ Leftovers
EVs: 248 HP / 100 Def / 104 SpD / 56 Spe
Bold Nature
- Pain Split
- Volt Switch
- Hydro Pump
- Thunder Wave

Landorus-Therian @ Choice Scarf
EVs: 156 Atk / 68 Def / 76 SpA / 208 Spe
Naive Nature
- Earthquake
- U-turn
- Defog
- Earth Power

Heatran @ Leftovers
EVs: 248 HP / 92 SpD / 168 Spe
Timid Nature
- Stealth Rock
- Earth Power
- Toxic
- Magma Storm

Tangrowth @ Assault Vest
Sassy Nature
- Knock Off
- Giga Drain
- Earthquake
- Hidden Power [Fire]

Pokepaste: https://pokepast.es/03b6e26267667ae0

Team Preview
1573167998108.png

Araquanid @ Choice Band
Ability: Water Bubble
EVs: 240 HP / 252 Atk / 16 Spe
Adamant Nature
- Rest
- Sleep Talk
- Liquidation
- Leech Life

Heatran @ Leftovers
EVs: 248 HP / 52 SpA / 40 SpD / 168 Spe
Timid Nature
- Magma Storm
- Earth Power
- Taunt
- Stealth Rock

Timid Nature
- U-turn
- Taunt
- Defog
- Hurricane

Scizor-Mega @ Scizorite
Ability: Technician
EVs: 248 HP / 16 Def / 236 SpD / 8 Spe
Impish Nature
- Roost
- Bullet Punch
- Swords Dance
- Knock Off

Zeraora @ Expert Belt
Ability: Volt Absorb
EVs: 252 Atk / 4 SpA / 252 Spe
Hasty Nature
- Plasma Fists
- Knock Off
- Close Combat
- Hidden Power [Ice]

Amoonguss @ Black Sludge
EVs: 248 HP / 56 Def / 204 SpD
Sassy Nature
- Spore
- Giga Drain
- Sludge Bomb
- Hidden Power [Fire]

Pokepaste: https://pokepast.es/f9bcca3dbd069a99

Team Preview

View attachment 204473
Torkoal @ Heat Rock
Relaxed Nature
- Lava Plume
- Rapid Spin
- Stealth Rock
- Toxic

Venusaur @ Life Orb
Modest Nature
- Sludge Bomb
- Hidden Power [Fire]
- Giga Drain
- Growth

Glalie-Mega @ Glalitite
Ability: Refrigerate
Jolly Nature
- Return
- Explosion
- Earthquake
- Spikes

Xatu @ Rocky Helmet
EVs: 252 HP / 252 Def / 4 SpD
Bold Nature
- Roost
- Future Sight
- U-turn
- Heat Wave

Typhlosion @ Choice Scarf
Modest Nature
- Hidden Power [Electric]
- Eruption
- Focus Blast
- Fire Blast

Garchomp @ Rockium Z
Jolly Nature
- Earthquake
- Stone Edge
- Stealth Rock
- Swords Dance

Pokepaste: https://pokepast.es/3bd98479751b147c

Team Preview

View attachment 204481
Krookodile @ Choice Scarf
EVs: 252 Atk / 32 Def / 224 Spe
Jolly Nature
- Earthquake
- Knock Off
- Pursuit
- Stone Edge
Want to fuck with SD Gliscor you can opt for a Foul Play set>Stone Edge

Torkoal @ Heat Rock
Relaxed Nature
- Lava Plume
- Stealth Rock
- Toxic
- Rapid Spin

Diancie-Mega @ Diancite
Timid Nature
- Moonblast
- Earth Power
- Protect
- Stealth Rock

Venusaur @ Life Orb
Modest Nature
- Giga Drain
- Sludge Bomb
- Hidden Power [Fire]
- Growth

Victini @ Choice Scarf
Jolly Nature
- V-create
- U-turn
- Bolt Strike
- Trick
Honestly any set works for Victini on this team but I chose scarf because I wanted as much speed as I can possibly get.

Hydreigon @ Leftovers
EVs: 248 HP / 8 SpD / 252 Spe
Timid Nature
- Earth Power
- Draco Meteor
- Defog
- Roost

Pokepaste: https://pokepast.es/5c00617a3c6a7299

Yeah sadly this team is so good that I can't make it public yet, sorry to disappoint all of you, tho PHM probably has a good idea what this is lol.
Hint is in this coded lettering, if decoded I'll add it to the rmt.
Ri- etvgcratni -ini Sun.

Team Preview
1573168802977.png

Volcarona @ Mystic Water
Ability: Flame Body
Timid Nature
IVs: 1 Atk
- Hidden Power [Water]
- Bug Buzz
- Hurricane
- Quiver Dance

Manaphy @ Waterium Z
Ability: Hydration
EVs: 184 HP / 252 SpA / 72 Spe
Modest Nature
- Surf
- Tail Glow
- Rest
- Energy Ball

Pelipper @ Damp Rock
Ability: Drizzle
Bold Nature
- Defog
- U-turn
- Roost
- Scald

Weavile @ Choice Band
Jolly Nature
- Icicle Crash
- Pursuit
- Ice Shard
- Knock Off

Skarmory @ Rocky Helmet
Ability: Sturdy
EVs: 252 HP / 4 Def / 252 SpD
Careful Nature
- Roost
- Defog
- Brave Bird
- Spikes

Swampert-Mega @ Swampertite
Ability: Swift Swim
Jolly Nature
- Earthquake
- Waterfall
- Substitute
- Stealth Rock

Pokepaste: https://pokepast.es/944279dad73bbb95

Team Preview
1573168403467.png

Kartana @ Normalium Z
Jolly Nature
- Swords Dance
- Leaf Blade
- Giga Impact
- Sacred Sword

Gliscor @ Toxic Orb
Ability: Poison Heal
EVs: 244 HP / 52 Def / 68 SpD / 144 Spe
Jolly Nature
- Earthquake
- Facade
- Swords Dance
- Roost

Weavile @ Choice Band
Jolly Nature
- Knock Off
- Pursuit
- Icicle Crash
- Ice Shard

Jirachi @ Choice Scarf
Ability: Serene Grace
Jolly Nature
- Iron Head
- U-turn
- Healing Wish
- Fire Punch

Seismitoad @ Aguav Berry
Ability: Water Absorb
Sassy Nature
- Scald
- Earthquake
- Toxic
- Stealth Rock

Altaria-Mega @ Altarianite
Ability: Pixilate
EVs: 248 HP / 180 Def / 20 SpD / 60 Spe
Impish Nature
- Body Slam
- Earthquake
- Roost
- Defog
Spread allows me to eat 2 ice punches from mega pert after rocks, outpace spedef tran, and rest of the evs went into spedef to have a tiny bit more effectiveness against something like Ash Greninja.

Pokepaste: https://pokepast.es/0626ad73c1b1a132

If you have any constructive criticism about anything I'll look into it. With that out of the way, I hope you guys enjoy this rmt of all these teams and feel free to ask questions on the ones you find interesting.

If you're looking for Weavile sun, it has its own RMT. Search it up and you'll find it.

Last edited:
The errors should be fixed now, enjoy the rmt, if I missed something that I Didn't catch you can let me know.

Last edited:

Ruft

is a Site Content Manageris a Top Social Media Contributoris a Community Leaderis a Community Contributoris a Top Tiering Contributoris a Contributor to Smogonis a Smogon Discord Contributor Alumnus
OU Leader
Yeah sadly this team is so good that I can't make it public yet, sorry to disappoint all of you, tho PHM probably has a good idea what this is lol.
Hint is in this coded lettering, if decoded I'll add it to the rmt.
Ri- etvgcratni -ini Sun.
Charizard - Ninetales - Cresselia - Heatran - Volcanion - Victini is my best guess.

Gross Sweep

Plan Ahead
is a CAP Contributoris a Top Team Rater Alumnusis a Community Leader Alumnusis a Community Contributor Alumnusis a Smogon Discord Contributor Alumnus
Hey Zaza I appreciate the effort that went into making this. However, this sadly isn't the place for a post of this nature. RMT usually deals with posting 1 team at a time, with 3 lines of description per team member. This post is more of a team dump, which belongs in the bazaar. I'm unfortunately going to have to lock this for now, but feel free to basically copy and paste this into the bazaar. I'm sure it will be appreciated more there.

https://www.smogon.com/forums/threads/ultra-sm-ou-bazaar.3587317/

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 0)