egg ritual

Drifting

in my glo stance smokin' dope
is a Tiering Contributor
Went to see Pete & Bas (76 year old UK Drill/Grime duo) on the weekend

Bas has fans get up on stage and down a 'Bas Bomb', which is a raw egg in a pint of Heineken.

The audience then votes for the winner.

This is the new egg ritual.
I’ve actually been listening to these guys by pure coincidence, just because the joke is still funny to me and the hits are actually quite good.

Is it actually legit from seeing them live? A lot of people don’t think it’s Bas’ real voice and they just use loud backing tracks to disguise it. I personally am 100% sure they have a writing team but I like to think it’s actually them rapping. Just curious.

Raven

Esto es el fin.
is a Battle Simulator Admin Alumnusis a Community Leader Alumnus
I’ve actually been listening to these guys by pure coincidence, just because the joke is still funny to me and the hits are actually quite good.

Is it actually legit from seeing them live? A lot of people don’t think it’s Bas’ real voice and they just use loud backing tracks to disguise it. I personally am 100% sure they have a writing team but I like to think it’s actually them rapping. Just curious.
Yeah they are legit - was front row for a much smaller gig earlier this month so could hear pretty clearly & met them after. Think it's live mics over the track with vocals (which is pretty standard these days) and Pete does struggle to keep up with a couple of the songs (particularly towards the end of a 1 hour set; understandable at 76). Bas's flow is still absolutely dotty live though; cannot be stopped!

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 0)