Ability: Flash Fire
EVs: 252 SpA / 4 SpD / 252 Spe
Timid Nature
IVs: 0 Atk
- Nasty Plot
- Fire Blast / Flamethrower
- Energy Ball / Psyshock
- Hypnosis

Similar to other Z-Sleep moves you get +1 speed with Hypnosis allowing you to outspeed the more notable scarfers, coupled with Ninetales' usable bulk and with a Nasty Plot boost it's very capable of sweeping teams with just a small amount of chip.

(Will post replays tonight/tomorrow)

Togedemaru @ Rocky Helmet
Ability: Iron Barbs
EVs: 224 HP / 32 Atk / 252 Spe
Jolly Nature
- Spiky Shield
- Iron Head / Zing Zap
- Toxic
- Wish

Many people expect Togedemaru to be scarfed considering it's the "best scarfer" in the tier right now. However, thanks to its Steel-typing and access to Wish, Togedemaru is a decent defensive check despite its bad bulk. This set aims to punish U-turn pivots (namely Scyther, Mesprit, and Primeape). Rocky Helmet + Iron Barbs does ~30% chip damage to anything that makes contact. It's also a nice parting shot to Hitmonchan and Gurdurr, who decide to kill it with Mach Punch. Spiky Shield is there to scout or compound residual damage.

Getting back to Togedemaru's defensive prowess, it can check many common threats in the tier such as Mesprit, non-Brick Break Scyther, Froslass, Qwilfish, Clefairy, Lilligant, Oricorio-G, Articuno, etc. Being able to check all of these threats means that Toge has exceptional role compression and may form a solid defensive core with other walls. It can also WishPass.

Toge also has a good offensive presence, even when uninvested. Iron Head will OHKO and 2HKO Aurorus and Clefairy respectively, although Zing Zap hits Oricorio-G and Scyther supereffectively.

32 Atk Togedemaru Iron Head vs. 0 HP / 0 Def Aurorus: 460-544 (118.8 - 140.5%) -- guaranteed OHKO
32 Atk Togedemaru Iron Head vs. 252 HP / 0 Def Eviolite Clefairy: 210-248 (61 - 72%) -- guaranteed 2HKO
32 Atk Togedemaru Zing Zap vs. 0 HP / 0 Def Oricorio-Sensu: 236-278 (81 - 95.5%) -- guaranteed OHKO after Stealth Rock
+2 8 Atk Scyther U-turn vs. 224 HP / 0 Def Togedemaru: 120-141 (36.6 - 43.1%) -- guaranteed 3HKO
252 Atk Skuntank Crunch vs. 224 HP / 0 Def Togedemaru: 153-180 (46.7 - 55%) -- 66.8% chance to 2HKO
+1 252+ SpA Lilligant Hidden Power Fire vs. 224 HP / 0 SpD Togedemaru: 248-294 (75.8 - 89.9%) -- guaranteed 2HKO

Trevenant @ Iapapa Berry
Ability: Harvest
EVs: 252 HP / 252 SpD / 4 Spe
Calm Nature
- Protect
- Leech Seed
- Curse
- Substitute

This one may seem a little more gimmicky but I faced this set in a ZU match that I eventually ended up losing 3-0. SubSeed + Protect is a slow, yet efficient way to rack up damage on the opponent. Combined with its ability Harvest, Trevenant can easily whittle down the opposing Pokemon while maintaining its longevity. Trevenant also has Curse, which, combined with Leech Seed, will ultimately KO stuff like Audino no matter how many times they heal themselves. Did I mentioned that Curse hits Normal-types and infiltrates subs?

With Harvest, the Iapapa Berry prevents Trevenant's health from getting too low from Curse, and enables it to set up many substitutes. Protect is there to be even more irritating ensure that Trevenant harvests its berry.

I can see this set being extremely effective when used in tandem with Toxic Spikes.

Replays:
trevenant, the conqueror

Ktütverde

of course
is a Top Tiering Contributor Alumnusis a Former Smogon Metagame Tournament Circuit Champion

Togedemaru @ Rocky Helmet
Ability: Iron Barbs
EVs: 224 HP / 32 Atk / 252 Spe
Jolly Nature
- Spiky Shield
- Iron Head / Zing Zap
- Toxic
- Wish

Many people expect Togedemaru to be scarfed considering it's the "best scarfer" in the tier right now. However, thanks to its Steel-typing and access to Wish, Togedemaru is a decent defensive check despite its bad bulk. This set aims to punish U-turn pivots (namely Scyther, Mesprit, and Primeape). Rocky Helmet + Iron Barbs does ~30% chip damage to anything that makes contact. It's also a nice parting shot to Hitmonchan and Gurdurr, who decide to kill it with Mach Punch. Spiky Shield is there to scout or compound residual damage.

Getting back to Togedemaru's defensive prowess, it can check many common threats in the tier such as Mesprit, non-Brick Break Scyther, Froslass, Qwilfish, Clefairy, Lilligant, Oricorio-G, Articuno, etc. Being able to check all of these threats means that Toge has exceptional role compression and may form a solid defensive core with other walls. It can also WishPass.

Toge also has a good offensive presence, even when uninvested. Iron Head will OHKO and 2HKO Aurorus and Clefairy respectively, although Zing Zap hits Oricorio-G and Scyther supereffectively.

32 Atk Togedemaru Iron Head vs. 0 HP / 0 Def Aurorus: 460-544 (118.8 - 140.5%) -- guaranteed OHKO
32 Atk Togedemaru Iron Head vs. 252 HP / 0 Def Eviolite Clefairy: 210-248 (61 - 72%) -- guaranteed 2HKO
32 Atk Togedemaru Zing Zap vs. 0 HP / 0 Def Oricorio-Sensu: 236-278 (81 - 95.5%) -- guaranteed OHKO after Stealth Rock
+2 8 Atk Scyther U-turn vs. 224 HP / 0 Def Togedemaru: 120-141 (36.6 - 43.1%) -- guaranteed 3HKO
252 Atk Skuntank Crunch vs. 224 HP / 0 Def Togedemaru: 153-180 (46.7 - 55%) -- 66.8% chance to 2HKO
+1 252+ SpA Lilligant Hidden Power Fire vs. 224 HP / 0 SpD Togedemaru: 248-294 (75.8 - 89.9%) -- guaranteed 2HKO

Trevenant @ Iapapa Berry
Ability: Harvest
EVs: 252 HP / 252 SpD / 4 Spe
Calm Nature
- Protect
- Leech Seed
- Curse
- Substitute

This one may seem a little more gimmicky but I faced this set in a ZU match that I eventually ended up losing 3-0. SubSeed + Protect is a slow, yet efficient way to rack up damage on the opponent. Combined with its ability Harvest, Trevenant can easily whittle down the opposing Pokemon while maintaining its longevity. Trevenant also has Curse, which, combined with Leech Seed, will ultimately KO stuff like Audino no matter how many times they heal themselves. Did I mentioned that Curse hits Normal-types and infiltrates subs?

With Harvest, the Iapapa Berry prevents Trevenant's health from getting too low from Curse, and enables it to set up many substitutes. Protect is there to be even more irritating ensure that Trevenant harvests its berry.

I can see this set being extremely effective when used in tandem with Toxic Spikes.

Replays:
trevenant, the conqueror
Why 32atk togedemaru? Also you are showing 1) a zu replay 2) where trev is facing a super slow team and has arguably the best matchup it could dream of 3)where u aren't the one using trevenant, so you aren't really convincing me that trev is decent or anything if you couldn't build and win with it, losing to one random mon on the ladder happens to everyone almost everyday. Didnt mean to be rude or anything but I feel like this isnt convincing at all

ManOfMany

I can make anything real
is a Tiering Contributor
Screen Shot 2018-09-23 at 1.31.37 PM.png

Sash Jynx is pretty great. U-turn is at an all-time high right now and this makes a great lead against pokemon like Scyther/Toge/Ape with Counter to grab that insta-kill. Nasty Plot over Counter is plenty good as well (two moves are incompatible together). While hazards are everywhere, sending out Jynx early will get the most out of this set, especially because it can Sleep several pokemon before they can get up hazards.

Screen Shot 2018-09-23 at 1.41.12 PM.png

Aggron is not only a good powerful SR user, it can make a dangerous late-game sweeper as well! I would actually rather run Stone Plate on this set for the power, but I just wanted to highlight that Protective Pads is a really cool item on Aggron in general to help with all those Rocky Helm users such as Qwilfish/Weezing and even Skunk Aftermath (I assume). Obviously you don't need Rocks on this to function either b/c Earthquake is nice coverage.

Screen Shot 2018-09-23 at 1.43.31 PM.png

Magic Coat is a neat option on Absol because a lot of players play carelessly against it, just trying to get hazards up with Qwilfish after taking a chunk for example, or Mudsdale, or even with Colbur Mesprit. This is a really risky set but you can turn the tables against opponents and gain momentum.

Screen Shot 2018-09-23 at 1.32.41 PM.png

Electivire is actually... not that terrible in this meta. This is its most optimal set in my opinion. Zap Plate Tpunch may seem weak but it actually is pretty respectable coming from 123 Atk stat, and preserves Electivire's semi-decent bulk for switching into stuff like Hurricane. PuP serves to make let it annoy most balance teams, and with Earthquake to bop Electric-types it can be tricky to check.

Screen Shot 2018-09-23 at 1.36.48 PM.png

CB Victreebel is really fucking strong. Like seriously, CB Power Whip coming off this just takes lives. It also has a respectable set of resistances and a Toxic immunity so it can come in more often than you would expect for a pokemon with low defensive stats.

Screen Shot 2018-09-23 at 1.40.42 PM.png

Not really creative but Knock is a great move on Alola-Persian for crippling a lot of its checks, such as Gurdurr, AV Chan, and Clef. If using on Spikes Hyper-Offense, Toxic is actually kind of unecessary at times and Persian-Alola gets a lot more work in pivoting in and out and clicking Knock/PShot. In general though, this mon is great right now due to its amazing Speed Tier. Be sure to try out Nasty Plot a.k.a. Dark Hugo as well.

EDIT: max HP not max Atk whoops

Attachments

Last edited:
Henlo, first time posting here

Victory Bell (Victreebel) @ Grassium Z
Ability: Chlorophyll
EVs: 12 Def / 252 SpA / 244 Spe
Modest Nature
- Leaf Storm
- Sludge Bomb
- Hidden Power [Rock] / Hidden Power [Ground]
- Strength Sap

A neat Victreebel set I’ve been trying out recently, it acts as a great Gurdurr check and is capable of threatening many balance mons like Mudsdale, Jellicent, Clefairy, Qwilfish, Regirock, etc. The STAB coverage alone is actually quite good, with Z-Leaf Storm denting most steels like Togedemaru or Alolan Sandslash and poisons like Weezing or Skuntank. Hidden Power helps round out coverage by hitting whatever you need to, HP Ground wears down Skuntank faster and lets you punish steels without commiting to clicking any form of Leaf Storm, HP Rock hits Scyther, Articuno, and Sensu. Strength Sap is obviously great for avoiding being chipped down overtime and to help against fightings, physical Skunk, and would beat Togedemaru 1v1 except I don’t trust flinches :mad:. Generally Victreebel appreciates Altaria being no where and can abuse the slow wallbreakers like Aggron and Aurorus. Plus, absorbing Toxic Spikes never hurts, especially when you beat both the setters. The given speed outspeeds Timid Aurorus and rest is poured into defense just to try and maximize bulk. It cannot be overstated how strong Z-Leaf Storm is, even resists crumple.
252+ SpA Victreebel Bloom Doom (195 BP) vs. 4 HP / 0 SpD Skuntank: 217-256 (62.3 - 73.5%) -- guaranteed 2HKO after Black Sludge recovery

252+ SpA Victreebel Bloom Doom (195 BP) vs. 252 HP / 0 SpD Mesprit: 280-330 (76.9 - 90.6%) -- 25% chance to OHKO after Stealth Rock

252+ SpA Victreebel Leaf Storm vs. 0 HP / 0 SpD Aggron: 294-346 (104.6 - 123.1%) -- guaranteed OHKO

252+ SpA Victreebel Bloom Doom (195 BP) vs. 252 HP / 0 SpD Eviolite Gurdurr: 337-397 (90.1 - 106.1%) -- 37.5% chance to OHKO (75% after Stealth Rock)

252+ SpA Victreebel Leaf Storm vs. 248 HP / 0 SpD Qwilfish: 313-370 (93.9 - 111.1%) -- 68.8% chance to OHKO

252+ SpA Victreebel Hidden Power Rock vs. 248 HP / 0 SpD Eviolite Scyther: 196-232 (57.1 - 67.6%) -- guaranteed 2HKO

252+ SpA Victreebel Sludge Bomb vs. 248 HP / 0 SpD Eviolite Scyther: 109-129 (31.7 - 37.6%) -- 87.1% chance to 3HKO

252+ SpA Victreebel Bloom Doom (195 BP) vs. 0 HP / 0 SpD Togedemaru: 189-222 (69.7 - 81.9%) -- guaranteed 2HKO

252+ SpA Victreebel Bloom Doom (195 BP) vs. 252 HP / 4 SpD Assault Vest Eelektross: 234-276 (62.5 - 73.7%) -- guaranteed 2HKO

252+ SpA Victreebel Leaf Storm vs. 252 HP / 4 SpD Assault Vest Eelektross: 156-184 (41.7 - 49.1%) -- guaranteed 3HKO

252+ SpA Victreebel Bloom Doom (195 BP) vs. 4 HP / 0 SpD Sandslash-Alola: 207-243 (70.8 - 83.2%) -- guaranteed 2HKO

252+ SpA Victreebel Hidden Power Ground vs. 4 HP / 0 SpD Sandslash-Alola: 170-202 (58.2 - 69.1%) -- guaranteed 2HKO

252+ SpA Victreebel Bloom Doom (195 BP) vs. 252 HP / 0 SpD Weezing: 195-230 (58.3 - 68.8%) -- guaranteed 2HKO after Black Sludge recovery

252+ SpA Victreebel Hidden Power Rock vs. 248 HP / 8 SpD Articuno: 200-236 (52.2 - 61.6%) -- 95.3% chance to 2HKO after Leftovers recovery

252+ SpA Victreebel Sludge Bomb vs. 248 HP / 0 SpD Oricorio-Pom-Pom: 180-213 (50.9 - 60.3%) -- 88.3% chance to 2HKO after Leftovers recovery

Last edited:

Ktütverde

of course
is a Top Tiering Contributor Alumnusis a Former Smogon Metagame Tournament Circuit Champion
Ok so I think this is important and should be standard: using RockyHelmet on Physical Skuntank

1) RockyHelmet Skuntank: pursuit version

Skuntank @ Rocky Helmet
Ability: Aftermath
EVs: 4 HP / 252 Atk / 252 Spe
Adamant Nature
- Defog
- Pursuit
- Sucker Punch
- Poison Jab

Black sludge shouldnt be used on physical skuntank imo, and more and more people are using helmet. Sludge is nice on special skunk, or maybe on a physical skunk used in a fat team. But in offense... Physical skunk is a hard-to-define pokemon, it is S rank because of how it checks mesprit, is the most reliable hazard remover, but also because it can deal really consistent damage with its awesome dual stab. Aftermath alone can scare away many mons, and adding helmet to the aftermath+sucker+pursuit combo is incredible. I would say sucker+pursuit+aftermath defines skunk a lot more than defog, dont underestimate that combo and make it even scarier with Helmet!

More precisely it helps trapping mesprit a lot, punishes uturns, and achieves Kos with sucker+aftermath. Try it, awesome set!

2) RH Skuntank: crunch version

Skuntank @ Rocky Helmet
Ability: Aftermath
EVs: 4 HP / 252 Atk / 252 Spe
Jolly / Adamant Nature
- Defog
- Crunch
- Sucker Punch
- Poison Jab

Jolly on this set allows u to hit qwilfish first which can come handy. If you don't need that, use crunch for more power. Outspeeding kanga isnt a good idea, they can be jolly so better use ada suckerpunch.

Try this set ASAP if you havent yet, it is absolutely great and splashable! :]

PS: while jelli remains PU lum is aboslutely useable, otherwise i see no reason not to use helmet on physical skunk in offense, BO and balance.
edit: using jolly on both sets helps vs specs+timid mesprit, which is frankly very rare

Last edited:

Katy

Banned deucer.
085_Dodrio_Shiny.png

Dodrio (F) @ Choice Band
Ability: Early Bird
Shiny: Yes
Happiness: 0
EVs: 252 Atk / 4 SpD / 252 Spe
Jolly Nature
- Brave Bird
- Jump Kick / Stomping Tantrum
- Frustration
- Quick Attack

Since Dodrio orders for the team already a good speed tier, I thought about a Choice Band Set. It is able to put some holes naturally cause of it's already solid Attack base in rather offensive team structures. Brave Bird is it's best spamable move, but it is also able to pick off faster or weakened threats with a rather solid CB boosted Quick Attack.

Dodrio (F) @ Focus Sash
Ability: Early Bird
Shiny: Yes
Jolly Nature
- Brave Bird
- Endeavor
- Quick Attack
- Jump Kick / Knock Off / Stomping Tantrum

I thought about this set, which is also able to work in the current metagame since most builds still provide a rather bulkier archetype. Knock Off could be an option since you are able to Knock Off Black Sludges and other Items off the opposing team, when no Stealth Rocks are up and your opponent decides to Attack you, u'll hung on the Sash, endeavour the threat down and Quick Attack it afterwards.

I hope you have fun tryna out these 2 Sets.

1541984935524.gif

Weezing @ Ghostium Z
Ability: Levitate
EVs: 4 Def / 252 SpA / 252 Spe
Timid Nature
- Sludge Bomb
- Shadow Ball
- Hidden Power [Fighting]
- Taunt / Will-o-wisp / Toxic Spikes

Offensive Weezing
I’ll be the first to admit this is a bit gimmicky and using up the Z move slot isn’t appealing. But, offensive Weezing can be a decent lure for things like Mesprit, Jellicent, Froslass, Aggron, etc. Getting a jump on these pokemon can be key due to their prominence and threat level. Weezing also still retains a bit of defensive utility and isn’t the hardest thing to bring into a battle, as it can still check stuff like Gurdurr and Tangela. The last slot is fairly variable and can allow you to check certain pokemon depending on the move choice, such as Roselia if Taunt, and Skuntank and Scyther if Will-o-wisp. Toxic Spikes and even Destiny Bond are fine if the team can abuse it better. If you want, Electrium with an electric move can do more to Jellicent and Qwilfish ig, but I find denting Mesprit more applicable with Qwilfish being not as common. Also need Timid cus speed tying with Jellicent is lame.
252 SpA Weezing Shadow Ball vs. 252 HP / 0 SpD Mesprit: 126-150 (34.6 - 41.2%) -- guaranteed 3HKO

252 SpA Weezing Never-Ending Nightmare (160 BP) vs. 252 HP / 0 SpD Mesprit: 250-296 (68.6 - 81.3%) -- guaranteed 2HKO

252 SpA Weezing Shadow Ball vs. 0 HP / 4 SpD Jellicent: 126-150 (36.9 - 43.9%) -- guaranteed 3HKO

252 SpA Weezing Never-Ending Nightmare (160 BP) vs. 0 HP / 4 SpD Jellicent: 250-296 (73.3 - 86.8%) -- guaranteed 2HKO

252 SpA Weezing Shadow Ball vs. 0 HP / 4 SpD Froslass: 176-208 (63 - 74.5%) -- guaranteed 2HKO

252 SpA Weezing Shadow Ball vs. 248 HP / 4 SpD Froslass: 176-208 (51.6 - 60.9%) -- guaranteed 2HKO (Z OHKOs)

252 SpA Weezing Hidden Power Fighting vs. 0 HP / 0 SpD Aggron: 296-352 (105.3 - 125.2%) -- guaranteed OHKO

252 SpA Weezing Hidden Power Fighting vs. 0 HP / 4 SpD Aurorus: 212-252 (54.7 - 65.1%) -- guaranteed 2HKO

252 SpA Weezing Shadow Ball vs. 0 HP / 0 SpD Oricorio-Sensu: 176-208 (60.4 - 71.4%) -- guaranteed 2HKO

252 SpA Weezing Shadow Ball vs. 252 HP / 0 SpD Oricorio-Sensu: 176-208 (49.7 - 58.7%) -- 99.6% chance to 2HKO

252 SpA Weezing Never-Ending Nightmare (160 BP) vs. 252 HP / 0 SpD Oricorio-Sensu: 350-414 (98.8 - 116.9%) -- 93.8% chance to OHKO

192+ Atk Gurdurr Knock Off vs. 0 HP / 0 Def Weezing: 55-65 (20.2 - 23.9%) -- guaranteed 5HKO

252 SpA Weezing Sludge Bomb vs. 252 HP / 0 SpD Eviolite Gurdurr: 127-151 (33.9 - 40.3%) -- guaranteed 3HKO

Jellicent @ Weakness Policy
Ability: Water Absorb
EVs: 252 HP / 4 Def / 252 SpA
Quiet Nature
IVs: 0 Atk / 0 Spe
- Trick Room
- Hydro Pump
- Shadow Ball
- Ice Beam / Recover

note: I didn't make this set. Someone (I don't remember who) whacked me with this on ladder and it's a fun set so I figured I'd share it here.

Very few teams carry multiple Jelli checks, and most of the non-Roselia checks to Jelli are fast Electric/Grass mons which can whack it with a super effective attack. OTR Jelli is designed to lure these threats, such as Manectric, Lilli and Toge, setting up Trick Room and activating Weakness Policy on the same turn. At +2, its STABs OHKO or 2HKO nearly the entire metagame, even breaking through special walls like Clefairy and Audino. Ice Beam ensures an OHKO on Lilligant and Drampa at +2, as well as a 2HKO on Roselia. Recover can be run to heal off the initial damage, improving Jelli's matchup with priority users (especially Sucker Punch Skunk).

Ktütverde

of course
Copying Many 's format ;)

Alright, here are two sets that are creative and pretty good, so I thought I had to post them since nobody else did and they can't be found on the smogon analysis either, which is annoying because they aren't "memes" but actually useful sets you might need to use sooner or later. I myself spent a lot of time in the calculator trying to find the Kanga spread since I always deleted it in my teambuilder and I couldn't find it anywhere despite being a pretty solid set.

Alright, so I really wanted to post this since I feel it is one (maybe the only) contribution I did to the Pu community, and eventually it happened to be used a lot which really made me happy since I didn't expect it to be much more than a meme.

I usually call it Don Gato (in reference to a spanish movie, means "Sir Cat") because "NP+Z darkpulse/Zparting shot alolan-persian" isn't a name. As far as I can remember I always won when I was using this and it puts in so much work, checks froslass, lycan, dodrio, mesprit, is sometimes a wincondition, sometimes just heals something back to 100% if you opt for the Z parting shot instead of the Z nuke.

It will probably become worse now, since togedemaru being everywhere and being unable to threaten it made it a great sweeper; now with stuff like scarf ape this is gonna be tough (especially using parting shot vs a defiant mon who doesn't fear persian's attacks).

If you think it is bad (low special attack and bulk), watch my seasonal games and Circuit finals vs Megazard to see how good this thing is (or was)

Don Gato (Persian-Alola) @ Darkinium Z
Ability: Fur Coat
Timid Nature
- Nasty Plot
- Dark Pulse
- Thunderbolt
- Parting Shot

Alright, I have no idea who invented this, all I know is that players like HJAD, MZ and TJ used it in tournaments. Also I remember Miltank could run a similar set back in ferroseed meta, so I apologize for posting a set that isn't mine, but hasn't been posted despite being quite good, so I hope you will understand I do it for the community.

Good?? yeah, versus stall mainly. The spread allows it to make substitutes that tank EQ from quagsire, so you can proceed to toxic+PUP on it, force it to switch and smack the switchin with a boosted return. It is also nice vs balance (sub vs alolaslash/jellicent/roselia/regirock), and even in the case it cannot sweep, it really spreads toxic well and weakens stuff for other sweepers to clean after it faints. Can also be paired with healing wish to start a new round of SubPup shenanigans.

4 Atk Quagsire Earthquake vs. 252 HP / 148+ Def Kangaskhan: 87-103 (21 - 24.8%) -- possible 5HKO after Leftovers recovery

Physic Big mom (Kangaskhan) @ Leftovers
Ability: Scrappy
EVs: 252 HP / 148 Def / 108 SpD
Impish Nature
- Substitute
- Toxic
- Power-Up Punch
- Return

This one still tanks rockslide from regirock behind a sub, but quagsire's EQ is a roll (in quag's favour). So yeah, it will be less reliable vs stall since quag will force it to use sub too often, but you can still setup on articuno/altaria/whatever mon they are using that isnt quag.

So why lose the ability to laugh at quag? because the boost in spdef becomes significant in other matchups: solid eelektross switchin, able to take hits from pompom and toxic it, but the most important part is that its sub can take a psychic from mesprit 33% of the time, which is pretty cool as compared to the other set whose subs are immediately broken by psychic.

Another thing is that its subs are not always broken by spdef alolaslash, which can be handy. I guess you can just use full spdef too, but I like the mix of "being able to always keep subs intact vs regirock" and "often keep subs intact vs colbur mesprit". Since it shines vs defensive teams, I couldn't give up the defense EVs, but it really is up to you.

0 Atk Regirock Rock Slide vs. 252 HP / 96 Def Kangaskhan: 87-103 (21 - 24.8%) -- possible 5HKO after Leftovers recovery
0 SpA Mesprit Psychic vs. 252 HP / 160+ SpD Kangaskhan: 93-109 (22.4 - 26.3%) -- 31.3% chance to OHKO after Leftovers recovery
(kanga at 25%)

252+ SpA Eelektross Volt Switch vs. 252 HP / 160+ SpD Kangaskhan: 99-117 (23.9 - 28.2%) -- 68.8% chance to OHKO after Leftovers recovery
0 SpA Oricorio-Pom-Pom Supersonic Skystrike (185 BP) vs. 252 HP / 160+ SpD Kangaskhan: 178-211 (42.9 - 50.9%) -- guaranteed OHKO after Leftovers recovery

special Big mom (Kangaskhan) @ Leftovers
Ability: Scrappy
EVs: 252 HP / 96 Def / 160 SpD
Careful Nature
- Substitute
- Toxic
- Power-Up Punch
- Return

Thanks for reading, I hope this will be a cool ressource for people wanting to use these persian and kanga sets. I made the kanga spreads on my own, feel free to tell me if there are better ones!

-A ktut who wants to revive his favourite thread (along with the PU squad dump)

edit: my bad, ive been told the persian set was already used in archeops meta. I just felt I could post it since I honestly think it is the mon ive been popularizing the most through recent tournaments, my apologises. If there is a name that suits better, just forget the Don Gato thing, its just a name I liked for NP persian

Last edited:

INSANE CARZY GUY

Banned deucer.
Scyther @ Choice Band
Ability: Technician /swarm
Jolly Nature
- Aerial Ace
- U-turn
- Quick Attack /knock off
- Reversal

What if You could just hit with a base 200 fighting move after softening up the other team after eating 2 sets up rocks? Healing wish still exists and I find letting rocks control the pace of a match to be annoying and would rather makes them stay honest with their pivots

Greybaum

GENTLEMAN, THIS IS DEMOCRACY MANIFEST
is a Community Contributoris a Tiering Contributoris a Contributor to Smogon
Now that I'm out of the winter seasonal I figured I should post a few fun sets I got the chance to try out! :)

Mesprit @ Electrium Z
Timid Nature
- Calm Mind
- Psychic
- Thunder
- Ice Beam

CM Mesprit isn't new, but I saw Z-Thunder being used a bit on ladder and thought it was pretty cool. Boltbeam coverage gives you at least neutral hits on the whole tier and a really strong hit that can kill typical switchins like SpDef Sandslash-A and Metang after a bit of chip. It also gives you a OHKO on Jellicent, and Ice Beam helps keep a strong coverage when you're against grass types such as Exeggutor-A, or just when you don't want to risk missing Thunder on things like opposing Mesprit.

Aurorus @ Icy Rock
Ability: Snow Warning
Timid Nature
- Blizzard
- Freeze-Dry
- Earth Power
- Stealth Rock

(Pair this with SD Sandslash-A, ideally with a Shuca Berry or Icium-Z)

Standard Rocks set, but SD Sandslash-A is a really underrated threat right now. Most people consider anything that checks Aurorus as an ice resist so against teams running Type:Null or Sandslash-A your own Sandslash-A has a lot of space to play around. You have to play more carefully than if you're using the Sash Aurorus set, and it's obvious what you're running after you've been out for more than 5 turns, but having those extra turns can really help you play aggressively with a sweeper, breaker and revenge killer all rolled into one.

EDIT: Please don't use Shadow Claw Sandslash-A it's a terrible meme.

Lilligant @ Grassium Z
Timid Nature
- Quiver Dance
- Giga Drain
- Hidden Power [Ice] / Hidden Power [Rock]
- Aromatherapy

Again, not too new, but Z-Aromatherapy isn't considered as much as I personally think it should be. If you aren't sure what Z-Aromatherapy does, it gives Lilligant a one-time full heal. This means you can set up on things like Toxic Mudsdale and Sandslash-A (lacking Icicle Crash) freely and either use the Z-Aromatherapy as a one-turn full heal to continue setup or as a one-time nuke to take out something big. The lack of Sleep Powder definitely hurts you against Oricorio and Skuntank, but it's another notch on Lilligant's oversized belt.
You can also use Normalium on this set with Hyper Beam & Heal Bell in the last two slots, but I personally find it hard to commit to a Z-Heal Bell when it means giving up your one time nuke and only (non-recharging) coverage option.

Victreebel @ Grassium Z
EVs: 252 Atk / 12 Def / 244 Spe
Adamant Nature
- Swords Dance
- Power Whip
- Poison Jab / Knock Off
- Strength Sap

3 Attacks Strength Sap is rising in popularity (even with an analysis set in the works!) but it's worth noting that Victreebel's physical attack stat also makes other options possible, notably Choice Band and Swords Dance. Check these calcs out:

252+ Atk Victreebel Bloom Doom (190 BP) vs. 252 HP / 0 Def Eelektross: 354-417 (94.6 - 111.4%) -- guaranteed OHKO after Stealth Rock
252+ Atk Victreebel Bloom Doom (190 BP) vs. 248 HP / 8 Def Audino: 330-388 (80.6 - 94.8%) -- 50% chance to OHKO after Stealth Rock
+2 252+ Atk Victreebel Knock Off (97.5 BP) vs. 248 HP / 0 Def Eviolite Roselia: 249-294 (82.1 - 97%) -- 62.5% chance to OHKO after Stealth Rock
+2 252+ Atk Victreebel Bloom Doom (190 BP) vs. 252 HP / 8 Def Eviolite Type: Null: 405-477 (102.7 - 121%) -- guaranteed OHKO after Stealth Rock
(Knock Off into Z-Power Whip also does 94.8 - 111.6%)

Long story short, as the Z-Leaf Storm set gets more popular, this set (and Choice Band) will do even better at punishing SpDef tanks that expect to be able to take a hit. Also, while typing this I found out Ktut used it in his exhibition game vs Many so consider the set approved by the circuit champ.

Beheeyem @ Psychium Z / Buginium Z
Ability: Analytic
EVs: 248 HP / 8 Def / 252 SpA
Quiet Nature
IVs: 0 Atk / 0 Spe
- Trick Room
- Nasty Plot
- Psychic
- Signal Beam

This isn't a creative set, but it is underrated. I've only been able to play around with it for a day or two but it's a lot better than I had expected.
The set works similarly to Exeggutor-A's OTR set. Set up, hit hard. Psychium allows you to OHKO Type:Null at +2 after a bit of chip (or none at all with an Analytic boost). Buginium takes away a bit of firepower but OHKOs Skuntank on the switch and gives you a quicker way to take down certain Psychic resists like Metang and Spiritomb.

More importantly: Beheeyem underspeeds Exeggutor-A under trick room (unless level 88 becomes meta lol) and either OHKOs it with Psychium-Z or gets an Analytic boosted Psychium-Z on whatever wants to switch in. Signal Beam also does 71.4 - 84.7% if Exeggutor's been chipped into range and you don't want to exhaust your Z-move just yet. If you're looking for a late-game cleaner and your team's a bit Eggy weak, give this thing a try.

Last edited:

Bag of Trixx

I like to call it a passion
is a Pre-Contributor

Offensive Gastrodon
Gastrodon @ Leftovers
Ability: Storm Drain
EVs: 248 HP / 44 Def / 120 SpA / 96 Spe
Modest Nature
- Recover
- Scald
- Ice Beam
- Earth Power

PU Choice Specs "speedy" 120+ SpA Gastrodon Ice Beam vs. 212 HP / 0 SpD Exeggutor-Alola: 384-452 (100 - 117.7%) -- guaranteed OHKO
PU Offensive Trick Room 120+ SpA Gastrodon Ice Beam vs. 248 HP / 8 SpD Exeggutor-Alola: 380-448 (96.6 - 113.9%) -- guaranteed OHKO after Stealth Rock

252 Atk Dodrio Supersonic Skystrike (190 BP) vs. 248 HP / 44 Def Gastrodon: 357-420 (84 - 98.8%) -- guaranteed 2HKO after Leftovers recovery
Possible damage amounts: (357, 360, 364, 369, 373, 378, 381, 385, 390, 394, 399, 402, 406, 411, 415, 420)

120+ SpA Gastrodon Ice Beam vs. 0 HP / 4 SpD Dodrio: 226-268 (86.5 - 102.6%) -- guaranteed OHKO after Stealth Rock

Gastrodon is a very unique pokemon who always has capabilities of playing in essentially any tier when it obtains a respective niche; always throughout the years either plummeting to the depths of PU or soaring all of the way back to the skies of OverUsed competitive play. However, with the recent edition of Gastrodon once again falling back into its beloved realm, PU is unfortunately currently not very promising for Gastrodon and its known roles - a Defensive or Specially Defensive tank with recovery and Scald support alongside its amazing Water/Ground typing, and its immunity to Water due to Storm Drain - because of the influx of Grass types being supreme in the tier. Most notably, Alola-Exeggutor and Lilligant.

For the sake of obviousness, Gastrodon essentially has no chance against the latter, as there is no way for Lilligant to even feel threatened by the sea slug. Because of this, there is no niche set that Gastrodon can run to help with Lilligant, HOWEVER, Gastrodon has a very neat role of actually playing an offensive presence in the tier as a sort of "anti-eggy" Gastrodon role.

Mostly overlooked, Gastrodon has a PU-commendable Special Attack stat of Base 92, which offers it some damage threatening potential. Alongside Alola-Exeggutor being well-known as the Trick Room beast in the tier, this mon normally runs little to no speed. In fact, the most common set outside of TR only runs 44 Speed with a Modest Nature, granting it a measly 137 Speed, for base 50s. This Speed is not too EV-demanding of Gastrodon to creep, even with a Modest > Timid Nature. With only 96 Speed EVs, Gastrodon outspeeds even the speed-invested Alola-Exeggutor. 120 EVs with a Modest Nature allow Gastrodon to OHKO all common variants of Alola-Exeggutor with Ice Beam, as well as still providing a nice Special Attack for Gastrodon's STAB moves to put in work against the rest of the tier. (See Calcs above) NOTE: With the PU Offensive Trick Room variant of Alola Eggy, it is actually a role of 96-116 so with Stealth Rocks or 1 Layer of Spikes, this is an OHKO, but without either of them, it is a role of 75% in your favor, so may be still worth going for depending on situation.

On top of this Offensive Spread, the remaining EVs can be 248 HP with 44 Def which allow Gastrodon to live a non-boosted Supersonic Skystrike from Dodrio from full. (See Calcs above)

Water, Ground, and Ice coverage are all absolutely beautiful to have in a tier where mons such as Alola-Eggy, Aggron, Regirock, Skuntank, etc. all are commonplace throughout the tier. So, because of this unique trait that Gastrodon has, alongside being a potential free switch for Eggy not expecting Ice Beam, the sheer dominance of offensive threats such as Dodrio, as well as having the unique resistances to common mons in the tier being Dual-resisting Aggron's STABs, Skuntank's Poison STAB, all Rock coverage moves, its Water immunity, and neat Electric immunity, it is safe to say that Gastrodon has some tricks up its slimy sleeves and has the potential of seeing a bit more competitive usage but in a new light under the Bulky Offensive side of the spectrum.

-Bag of Trixx

Qwilfish @ Poisonium Z / Darkinium Z
Ability: Swift Swim
Adamant Nature
- Liquidation
- Poison Jab
- Throat Chop
- Swords Dance

Gives rain teams another way of getting past checks like defensive Mesprit, Gourgeist XL, and especially Jellicent. Note that Poisonium is still the preferred item as the aforementioned mons often run Colbur so Darkinium would be kind of wasted, but if paired with Knock Off / Pursuit support to remove the Colbur then it's still an option.

vs offensive Mesprit:
+2 252+ Atk Qwilfish Liquidation vs. 0 HP / 4 Def Mesprit: 235-277 (78 - 92%) -- guaranteed 2HKO
+2 252+ Atk Qwilfish Acid Downpour (160 BP) vs. 0 HP / 4 Def Mesprit: 441-519 (146.5 - 172.4%) -- guaranteed OHKO

vs defensive Mesprit:
+2 252+ Atk Qwilfish Liquidation vs. 252 HP / 240+ Def Mesprit: 172-204 (47.2 - 56%) -- 80.1% chance to 2HKO
+2 252+ Atk Qwilfish Acid Downpour (160 BP) vs. 252 HP / 240+ Def Mesprit: 324-382 (89 - 104.9%) -- 31.3% chance to OHKO (guaranteed after rocks; this is probably the calc that you'll be dealing with most often)
+2 252+ Atk Qwilfish Throat Chop vs. 252 HP / 240+ Def Mesprit: 216-256 (59.3 - 70.3%) -- guaranteed 2HKO
+2 252+ Atk Qwilfish Black Hole Eclipse (160 BP) vs. 252 HP / 240+ Def Mesprit: 432-510 (118.6 - 140.1%) -- guaranteed OHKO

vs Gourgeist-XL:
+2 252+ Atk Qwilfish Poison Jab vs. 252 HP / 252+ Def Gourgeist-Super: 145-172 (38.7 - 45.9%) -- guaranteed 3HKO
+2 252+ Atk Qwilfish Acid Downpour (160 BP) vs. 252 HP / 252+ Def Gourgeist-Super: 289-342 (77.2 - 91.4%) -- guaranteed 2HKO
+2 252+ Atk Qwilfish Throat Chop vs. 252 HP / 252+ Def Gourgeist-Super: 194-230 (51.8 - 61.4%) -- guaranteed 2HKO
+2 252+ Atk Qwilfish Black Hole Eclipse (160 BP) vs. 252 HP / 252+ Def Gourgeist-Super: 386-456 (103.2 - 121.9%) -- guaranteed OHKO

vs defensive Jellicent:
+2 252+ Atk Qwilfish Acid Downpour (160 BP) vs. 252 HP / 224+ Def Jellicent: 213-252 (52.7 - 62.3%) -- guaranteed 2HKO
+2 252+ Atk Qwilfish Throat Chop vs. 252 HP / 224+ Def Jellicent: 286-338 (70.7 - 83.6%) -- guaranteed 2HKO
+2 252+ Atk Qwilfish Black Hole Eclipse (160 BP) vs. 252 HP / 224+ Def Jellicent: 570-672 (141 - 166.3%) -- guaranteed OHKO

vs offensive Jellicent:
+2 252+ Atk Qwilfish Acid Downpour (160 BP) vs. 0 HP / 0 Def Jellicent: 309-364 (90.6 - 106.7%) -- 43.8% chance to OHKO
+2 252+ Atk Qwilfish Throat Chop vs. 0 HP / 0 Def Jellicent: 414-488 (121.4 - 143.1%) -- guaranteed OHKO

TONE

I don't have to take this. I'm going for a walk.
is a Community Contributoris a Top Contributoris a Site Content Manager Alumnusis a Forum Moderator Alumnus

Shiinotic @ Choice Specs
Ability: Effect Spore
EVs: 92 HP / 252 SpA / 164 Spe
Modest Nature
- Moonblast
- Giga Drain
- Hidden Power [Fire]
- Sludge Bomb

So I originally made this set as a joke after A-Exeggutor got banned, but after some testing, this set actually surprised me a lot. While it's not meant to fill the role that A-Exeggutor left behind, the main boon of this set is that it is a wallbreaking Fairy-type which is something this tier doesn't even have as Fairy-types are uncommon in the meta and in practice teams with no Fairy resist just fall over to Specs Moonblast. Even stuff that can resist Fairy have to fear it's coverage as HP Fire can OHKO Spdef A-Sandslash after Stealth Rock on the switchin. As for Sludge Bomb, it helps with Lilligant as Sludge Bomb can 2HKO Lilligant even after it has up 2 Quiver Dances and if Lilligant lacks HP Fire or Z-Hyper Beam, it won't be doing much back to Shiinotic at all. Speed is enough for uninvested base 50s. Not trying to hype up the set or anything, but I do encourage you guys to try it out for yourselves.

252+ SpA Choice Specs Shiinotic Hidden Power Fire vs. 252 HP / 208+ SpD Sandslash-Alola: 332-392 (93.7 - 110.7%) -- guaranteed OHKO after Stealth Rock and Leftovers recovery

252+ SpA Choice Specs Shiinotic Moonblast vs. 252 HP / 4 SpD Assault Vest Eelektross: 160-189 (42.7 - 50.5%) -- 94.9% chance to 2HKO after Stealth Rock

252+ SpA Choice Specs Shiinotic Sludge Bomb vs. +2 0 HP / 0 SpD Lilligant: 160-190 (56.9 - 67.6%) -- guaranteed 2HKO

252+ SpA Choice Specs Shiinotic Moonblast vs. 4 HP / 0 SpD Skuntank: 297-349 (85.3 - 100.2%) -- 81.3% chance to OHKO after Stealth Rock

252+ SpA Choice Specs Shiinotic Moonblast vs. 0 HP / 0 SpD Aggron: 150-177 (53.3 - 62.9%) -- guaranteed 2HKO after Stealth Rock

Quick replay of Shiinotic in action against TJ: https://replay.pokemonshowdown.com/gen7pu-854753833

Katy

Banned deucer.

Bellossom @ Grassium Z
Timid Nature
- Quiver Dance
- Giga Drain
- Moonblast
- Hidden Power [Fire]

Underrated pokémon with an effective set: This set is structured, that it can counteract to its counters in Alola-Sandslash and Articuno,
Hidden Power [Fire] hits both Articuno and Alola-Sandslash super effectively, the letter of them even 4x.
Moonblast is to hit Alola-Persian, which gets more and more common, not only at tournament games but also on the ladder.
Giga Drain is Bellossoms STAB and strongest Attack, coupled with the Z-Crystal it is a very strong Attack after +1.

Some noteable +1 Calcs
+1 252 SpA Bellossom Hidden Power Fire vs. 0 HP / 4 SpD Articuno: 126-150 (39.2 - 46.7%) -- guaranteed 3HKO after Leftovers recovery
+1 252 SpA Bellossom Hidden Power Fire vs. 0 HP / 4 SpD Articuno: 126-150 (39.2 - 46.7%) -- guaranteed 2HKO after Stealth Rock and Leftovers recovery
+1 252 SpA Bellossom Hidden Power Fire vs. 252 HP / 208+ SpD Sandslash-Alola: 304-360 (85.8 - 101.6%) -- 12.5% chance to OHKO after Leftovers recovery
+1 252 SpA Bellossom Hidden Power Fire vs. 252 HP / 208+ SpD Sandslash-Alola: 304-360 (85.8 - 101.6%) -- 87.5% chance to OHKO after Stealth Rock and Leftovers recovery
+1 252 SpA Bellossom Giga Drain vs. 252 HP / 0 SpD Jellicent: 276-326 (68.3 - 80.6%) -- guaranteed 2HKO after Stealth Rock
+1 252 SpA Bellossom Moonblast vs. 252 HP / 0 SpD Persian-Alola: 342-404 (102.3 - 120.9%) -- guaranteed OHKO
+1 252 SpA Bellossom Giga Drain vs. 252 HP / 0 SpD Mudsdale: 326-386 (80.6 - 95.5%) -- 12.5% chance to OHKO after Stealth Rock and Leftovers recovery
+1 252 SpA Bellossom Giga Drain vs. 252 HP / 200 SpD Regirock: 236-282 (64.8 - 77.4%) -- guaranteed 2HKO after Stealth Rock and Leftovers recovery

sugar ovens

blood inside
is a Top Tiering Contributor
https://play.pokemonshowdown.com/sprites/xyani/lilligant.gif

Lilligant @ Normalium Z / Grassium Z
EVs: 152 HP / 4 Def / 252 SpA / 100 Spe
Modest Nature
- Quiver Dance
- Giga Drain
- Hidden Power Fire / Hidden Power Rock / Heal Bell
- Hyper Beam / Aromatherapy

Semi-bulky Lilligant. 100 Speed EVs are enough to outspeed the unboosted metagame at +1 and most scarfers at +2. Basically you need the nature and 252 EVs just for unboosted revenge killing and using Sleep Powder (scarf Mesprit is not threatening and scarf Kabutops is quite uncommon), so it is possible to sacrifice that for a bit more firepower and bulk. You can put the 156 free EVs to HP or Defense to ease it sweeping a bit, Defense EVs allow it to survive Primeape's Gunk Shot, (31,5% to OHKO with the spread above), and there are more random guaranteed OHKOs that become only chances to OHKO (Adamant Skuntank's Poison Jab), chances to OHKO that become 2HKOs (SD Scyther, Jolly Skunk) and so on. If you are not running Sleep Powder, you just dont need so much speed and the small improvements you get by dumping the leftover EVs elsewhere are worth it, in my opinion.

Last edited:

Bulky Boosting Ampharos

Ampharos @ Leftovers
Ability: Plus
EVs: 252 HP / 192 Def / 64 SpD
Calm Nature
- Magnetic Flux
- Charge Beam
- Hidden Power [Grass]
- Rest

So I’ve been toying with ampharos for a while, because it’s literally never used. And I stumbled across this idea a while back.

Basically, magnetic flux is the same as cosmic power, boosting both defenses, if your ability is plus or minus. So the concept is simple: boost the defenses, charge beam to gain some Sp.Atk. And rest to recover damage. HP grass is there for the obvious ground type coverage, nailing just about everything that would switch in.

So partner it with grass types or ground lures, maybe toxic spikes, or whatever and boom.

Replays:
http://replay.pokemonshowdown.com/gen7pu-869062240
http://replay.pokemonshowdown.com/gen7pu-865879992

Katy

Banned deucer.

Victreebel @ Firium Z
Modest Nature
- Solar Beam
- Sludge Bomb
- Weather Ball
- Sunny Day

Hello,
I thought about this set, which is Z-Sunny Day.
Sunny Day comin' of from a Firium Z gives Victreebel a +1 in its Speed, coupled with its amazing ability in Chlorophyll the Speed gets doubled, it means it gets on top of the Speed Boost from Z-Sunny Day
another Speed Boost due to chlorophyll. Combined it gets a maximum Speed of 717 with Modest nature (with Timid it would be 786), conclusion is it outspeeds the entire PU tier.​

Tipps / other Options:
  • Don't setup infront of strong attackers, since this Poison Plant is relatively fragile.
Last Words: Hope you have fun with this set and fun of trying this out. :)

Last edited:

yogi

I did not succumb...
is a Tutor Alumnusis a Social Media Contributor Alumnusis a Community Contributor Alumnusis a Contributor Alumnus
i still sometimes play.

Simisear @ Choice Scarf
Ability: Blaze
Timid Nature
- Nasty Plot
- Flamethrower
- Grass Knot
- Fling

neat anti-offense and anti-stall set that me and Shaneghoul made together. this mon is weird but i rlly enjoy using a set that has a good enough speed tier to face most offense teams, beating out choice scarf ape and +1 lilli, while also being able to fling then np versus bulkier teams. simisear really only needs two slots anyways and the rest are often just useful fillers so it means this set isn't actually complete ass. fire-types are also always broken in pu so must mean this one is too.

Persian-Alola @ Leftovers
Ability: Fur Coat
EVs: 252 HP / 4 Def / 252 Spe
Timid Nature
- Parting Shot
- Hypnosis
- Foul Play
- Taunt

i always use hypnosis on persian. it just generates so many free turns (when it hits rofl lmao) and with persian already forcing a fuck load of switches it's just such a neat utility move for more offensive teams to use. it is kinda a gamble but often i've found that the payoff is far bigger and is great for draining all momentum from the opponent.

Ktütverde

of course
View attachment 163775

Bulky Boosting Ampharos

Ampharos @ Leftovers
Ability: Plus
EVs: 252 HP / 192 Def / 64 SpD
Calm Nature
- Magnetic Flux
- Charge Beam
- Hidden Power [Grass]
- Rest

So I’ve been toying with ampharos for a while, because it’s literally never used. And I stumbled across this idea a while back.

Basically, magnetic flux is the same as cosmic power, boosting both defenses, if your ability is plus or minus. So the concept is simple: boost the defenses, charge beam to gain some Sp.Atk. And rest to recover damage. HP grass is there for the obvious ground type coverage, nailing just about everything that would switch in.

So partner it with grass types or ground lures, maybe toxic spikes, or whatever and boom.

Replays:
http://replay.pokemonshowdown.com/gen7pu-869062240
http://replay.pokemonshowdown.com/gen7pu-865879992
Hi! What does your spread do?

View attachment 163835

Victreebel @ Firium Z
Modest Nature
- Solar Beam
- Sludge Bomb
- Weather Ball
- Sunny Day

Hello,
I thought about this set, which is Z-Sunny Day.
Sunny Day comin' of from a Firium Z gives Victreebel a +1 in its Speed, coupled with its amazing ability in Chlorophyll the Speed gets doubled, it means it gets on top of the Speed Boost from Z-Sunny Day
another Speed Boost due to chlorophyll. Combined it gets a maximum Speed of 717 with Modest nature (with Timid it would be 786), conclusion is it outspeeds the entire PU tier.​

Tipps / other Options:
  • Don't setup infront of strong attackers, since this Poison Plant is relatively fragile.
  • You can also go for Z-Weather Ball, if you want to go for a powerful Inferno Overdrive.
Last Words: Hope you have fun with this set and fun of trying this out. :)

Have you tested firiumZ weather ball? I'm pretty sure it's a breakneckblitz, not inferno overdrive.

Katy

Banned deucer.
Have you tested firiumZ weather ball? I'm pretty sure it's a breakneckblitz, not inferno overdrive.
Hello, edited my post. It was badly explained at pages and I thought It will turn Weather Ball into Inferno Overdrive even when used with a Firium Z.

Victreebel @ Black Sludge
EVs: 252 HP / 4 SpA / 252 Spe
Timid Nature
- Acid Spray
- Sludge Bomb
- Giga Drain
- Strength Sap

A faster but bulkier Vic set that I've been using a lot. While you do sacrifice the Sp. Atk investment, Acid Spray slowly pays you back by allowing you to essentially break any passive wall or stall mons thanks to Vic's natural poison immunity. Strength Sap combined with the HP investment provides the longevity required to set up Acid Spray in the first place as well as stall out many of the tier's physical attackers before slowly breaking them down. I use max speed with a Timid nature mainly because it allows Vic to outspeed Banded Stout, something other Vic sets cannot do, before surviving it's Return due to Strength Sap and slowly killing it. And if they keep switching you can just spam Acid Spray lol

Sableye @ Leftovers
Ability: Prankster
EVs: 252 HP / 252 Def / 4 SpD
Bold Nature
- Wonder Room
- Will-O-Wisp / Toxic
- Recover
- Night Shade

I recently came across this move called Wonder Room, and wondered if there were any defensive mons with Prankster that learned it: the result being what I like to call Adaptive Defenses Sableye. If you didn't know, Wonder Room effectively swaps the Pokemon's Defense and Sp. Def stats each time it is used. Combine this with Prankster and you get a mon that is able to boost it's most needed defense stat based on the situation, before the opponent attacks. This set is great fun to use in practice, and with Night Shade and status, not overly passive either. Definitely would recommend trying out ^^

Last edited:

sugar ovens

blood inside
is a Top Tiering Contributor
https://play.pokemonshowdown.com/sprites/xyani/scyther-f.gif

Scyther @ Eviolite
Ability: Technician
Jolly Nature
- Aerial Ace
- U-turn
- Roost
- Brick Break

All-out-attacking Scyther. It has decent enough power, decent enough bulk, SD is not needed as it is not a great sweeper anyway, and it can switch in and beat many random Pokémon, or at least do a bit of chip damage. The fact that people seem not to expect Brick Break and give you their Sandslashes is nice too. The only downside is that it doesnt beat Gurdurr that well, but you should not rely on only Scyther to check anything anyway.

https://play.pokemonshowdown.com/sprites/xyani/poliwrath.gif

Poliwrath @ Leftovers
Ability: Water Absorb
EVs: 252 HP / 252 Def / 4 SpD
Impish Nature
- Circle Throw
- Toxic
- Sleep Talk
- Rest

Not extremely creative, but I was told that toxic on the physdef set isnt getting on the analysis, not even to the Other Options, so apparently this is a worse idea than self-setting rain or specs poliwrath. Anyway, this walls the same things as the usual set with Scald, but you can actually harm Pokémon that switch in on you like Mesprit, annoy stall and beat many defensive mons like Gastrodon or Quagsire or Audino or tauntless Sableye or Jellicent.

https://play.pokemonshowdown.com/sprites/xyani/rotom-frost.gif

Rotom-Frost @ Light Clay
Timid Nature
- Reflect
- Light Screen
- Volt Switch
- Blizzard

Basically, the idea here was: I want to use screens, because there are many sweepers that abuse them very well, but I do not really want a dedicated screens hyper-offensive team. Electrode is the best, most reliable screens setter for sure, but Rotom-Frost is a screens setter that actually beats our defoggers instead of just taunting them and benefits from their presence itself. It can do more than set up screens.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 0)