Dual Screens

Lemonade

WOOPAGGING
is a Site Content Manager Alumnusis a Team Rater Alumnusis a Social Media Contributor Alumnusis an Artist Alumnusis a Forum Moderator Alumnusis a Top Contributor Alumnusis a Smogon Media Contributor Alumnus
They half damage, don't need much explaining right?

Are DS good? I would say yes: DW mons often need only one or two turns of set up, and DS provide enough bulk for this to happen. And really it's so easy to get screens up with Deoxys-S in particular.

What DS users are stellar? I would say Deoxys-S and Latios. The first has insane Speed and can throw up a screen in a clutch moment lategame. Latios has Memento: free switch in on your side and guaranteed set up turn.

What Pokemon abuse these best? Blaziken. Blaziken. Blaziken. Garchomp. TG Manaphy. Blaziken.

What do you guys think about these questions, and what other questions are worth answering?

Bronzong can be a good dual screens Pokemon because it walls a major portion of the metagame, including Excadrill, Tyranitar, Garchomp, and many more. With HP Ice and Gyro Ball, it can use the opponent's Speed to its own advantage, and as an added bonus, it can beat down Dragons. However, one problem is Chandelure. While you may be able to get down Light Screen, Chandelure with Fire Blast can be problematic. However, if Chandelure packs Overheat, I think that Bronzong may actually be able to beat it, which is quite useful.

Ive used dual screening zong and it's not very good. Bronzong works bettter as a defensive pivot rather than a dual screener. Bronzong also has 4ms so losing out on earthquake and stealth rock really sucks. Deoxys-s is an excellent dual screener. About 4 months ago i spammed smash pass all day and deoxys-s played a huge part on my team

alamaster

hello
is a Tiering Contributor Alumnusis a Past SPL Champion
Yea I've been spamming a bp team on the ladder with Deo-S Dual Screens (Reflect, Light Screen, Magic Coat, SR) and have gotten to the first page pretty easily. I just kinda stuck 5 random pokemon on the team after Deo-S and its been successful so that definitely says something as far as how effective Deo-S is.

I haven't seen many Latios with DS but there's Espeon as well that does it pretty well with the same speed and about the same Sp.def. It also learn Baton Pass to get out of a Tyranitar Pursuit.

Lemonade

WOOPAGGING
is a Site Content Manager Alumnusis a Team Rater Alumnusis a Social Media Contributor Alumnusis an Artist Alumnusis a Forum Moderator Alumnusis a Top Contributor Alumnusis a Smogon Media Contributor Alumnus
Oh duh, how did I forget about Espeon. Another great thing about it is you can generally get a free screen up since you really only switch Espy into opponents that don't have attacking moves ie hazards, or weak ones that can be cushioned by a screen, such as Ferrothorn's Gyro Ball.

DS' ing is good. I used a bulky Wash Rotom, and it helps me buff my other teammates, like my Rugalchomp, as it helps mitigate the ice weakness, and it helps with tanking as well, as it makes my Porygon-2 hard to kill w/out toxic or cursing.

Dual Screens are amazing. Every team, stall, HO or "bulky offense", love them. Deoxys-s, as you've said, sets Dual Screens up magnificently and easily. I can also see Bronzong and, to an extent, Cresselia setting these up fairly well. Cresselia, however, gets eaten alive by the current meta, what with Genesect and Tyranitar on almost every team. Dual Screens are pretty much setting up your (bulky) sweeper, Garchomp, Terrakion or Excadrill, maybe?, to sweep, almost the entireties of teams. Garchomp, under screens and behind a sub, can easily set up an SD and kill everything not named Skarmory.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 0)