Driving under the summer sun, and the GPS is telling me to make a U-turn...

Wait, what would have happened if your opponent didn't stupidly Substitute against Infernape one last time? It'd kill Infernape. And Darmanitan won't be able to KO Latias at 100%, and he could just Recover scout the damage that you do do. You did your part, but you definitely had help from your opponent.

Nice presentation and format and commentary however, just go for a warstory of a competent opponent next time.

Pocket

be the upgraded version of me
is a Site Content Manager Alumnusis a Team Rater Alumnusis a Community Leader Alumnusis a Community Contributor Alumnusis a Tiering Contributor Alumnusis a Top Contributor Alumnus
He screwed up the HP for Latias. It wasn't at 98%, but was at 71%. It would've still survived a Scarf U-Turn from Darmanitan though (53-63%), so you're still right, dori.

6.5/10 to 7.5/10. Pretty decent. The commentary wasn't stellar, but it worked well enough. The format was kind of played, but it was definitely readable. I think this story shows the potential to write a really good one under the right circumstances.

alphatron

Volt turn in every tier! I'm in despair!
Just got home and on the psp.

The roost vs. recover thing is a personal senseless quip I have, where I consider roost to be a stupid move for actual battle and to be rather lame when I imagine how it looks. Nothing serious.

And I did mess up the lyrics on Flying Man. I have failed.

I have about four logs of this team fighting rain if you want them.

The sub vs. Infernape thing was a screw up on my opponent's part, though in the end of the battle. I remember wanting to flare blitz on the-POST LIMIT.

Pocket

is a Site Content Manager Alumnusis a Team Rater Alumnusis a Community Leader Alumnusis a Community Contributor Alumnusis a Tiering Contributor Alumnusis a Top Contributor Alumnus
I wonder if the battle would have been won easier if alphatron had CScarf Infernape and CBand Darmanitan :d.

EDIT: no, actually Scarf Flare Blitz would have killed Latias regardless, thanks to Sheer Force boost. Latias had no way out of that scenario. I am assuming Adamant Darmanitan.

Shit man. This is just a great Warstory. Infernape and Darmanitan working together is just awesome. This Warstory actually makes you wanna use U-Turn. lol. Great work dude.

I wonder if the battle would have been won easier if alphatron had CScarf Infernape and CBand Darmanitan :d.

EDIT: no, actually Scarf Flare Blitz would have killed Latias regardless, thanks to Sheer Force boost. Latias had no way out of that scenario. I am assuming Adamant Darmanitan.
Wrong once again...

416 attack vs 216 defense, 120 power(/2 *1.5 *1.5 *1.3), 364 max HP: 66.76% - 78.57%

If Gastrodon had Sticky Hold it wouldn't be worth using, lol.

Great warstory. You get extra points for the U-Turn duo and because of the Death Note reference.

I liked this warstory. It's commentary was great, and the poke's you were using were interesting (It's strange how I never see dramatitan much anymore) the only thing was after you owned heatan I was wondering if you had gone insane by not spaming CB flareblitz.

Other than that I loved this warstory so I give this a 8.9/10 and a luvdisc

Pocket

Wrong once again...

416 attack vs 216 defense, 120 power(/2 *1.5 *1.5 *1.3), 364 max HP: 66.76% - 78.57%
OK I forgot to account the leftovers recovery if the opponent Dragon Pulsed Infernape. So 71 + 6 = 77% health for Latias when Darmanitan enters.

However, Darmanitan is doing 72% to Latias on average, so it's not like Latias can stall it out with Roost. Latias is 2HKOed 96% of the time with Flare Blitz lol.

The best scenario, which is to Dragon Pulse rather than Roosting, would still not do enough damage to kill Darmanitan. Assuming that Darmanitan received recoil from hitting Latias 76% (just enough for her to survive) and from previous recoil from Skarmory (31% of Skarm's max health), Darmanitan would have lost 126 HP, which is only 35% of its max health. The most that Latias can do is with Dragon Pulse is 57%. That adds up to 92% of Darmanitan's health.

Forretress spinning Stealth Rock asap and laying its own SR really helped clinch the win here.

Bottom line: alphatron wins even if Latias Dragon Pulsed Infernape. A win is a win is a win.

^The first thread was moved to the warstory archive.

I would say this thread is going to follow it, but I'm not sure if the mod's will archive two stories in such a short time regardless of how amazing they are. Either way, great job and I love seeing what people are doing with sun.

^The first thread was moved to the warstory archive.

I would say this thread is going to follow it, but I'm not sure if the mod's will archive two stories in such a short time regardless of how amazing they are. Either way, great job and I love seeing what people are doing with sun.
No, he meant he deleted his first thread for this warstory yesterday. It was deleted in about 20 minutes as per his request, he said "Edit: Nevermind, I don't want to half-ass everything" in place of the original post.

If Gastrodon had Sticky Hold it wouldn't be worth using, lol.

Great warstory. You get extra points for the U-Turn duo and because of the Death Note reference.
Hahah, I am afraid I must strongly disagree with that, but that is a discussion for another place.

In any case, quite an enjoyable warstory. I look forward to more in the future from you, Alphatron. ^ ^

BTzz

spams overhand rights
is a Contributor Alumnus
Very nice warstory! Your commentary isn't the most insightful, but it's extremely entertaining. Great battle and formatting like always.

Keep it up :)

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 0)