Dream World CCAT (Signups for laddering!)

just fyi, our team is really weak to scarf garchomp.

after some residual damage, scarf chomp's outrage can sweep.

dibs on a skarmory nom for the next pokemon ;)

OK! So Latias took this by a landslide, and we now only have one more Pokemon left before having a completed team. Until then, we are at:

Meloetta @ Expert Belt
Ability: Serene Grace
EVs: 64 Atk / 252 SpA / 192 Spe
Hasty Nature (+Spe, -Def)
- Relic Song
- Close Combat
- Thunder
- Hidden Power Ice

+

Politoed @ Choice Scarf
Trait: Drizzle
EVs: 252 SpA / 4 SpD / 252 Spe
Modest Nature (+SpA, -Atk)
- Hydro Pump
- Ice Beam
- Hidden Power Grass
- Perish Song

+

Terrakion @ Air Balloon
Trait: Justified
EVs: 252 Atk / 4 SpD / 252 Spe
Jolly Nature (+Spe, -SpA)
- Swords Dance
- Rock Polish
- Close Combat
- Stone Edge

+

Keldeo @ Leftovers
Trait: Justified
EVs: 252 SpA / 4 SpD / 252 Spe
Timid Nature (+Spe, -Atk)
- Substitute
- Calm Mind
- Hydro Pump / Surf
- Secret Sword

+

Latias @ Leftovers
Ability: Levitate
EVs: 92 HP / 164 SpA / 252 Spe
Timid Nature (+Spe, -Atk)
- Calm Mind
- Psyshock
- Dragon Pulse / Surf
- Recover

"What do we lack?" is a question that we should probably ask ourselves at this point. I think the answer to this is clear-cut -- we need a source of Stealth Rock. Additionally, I see a potential weakness to opposing Latios at this point. If we allow either CM Latios or Choice Scarf Latios to grab the momentum, our team may really pay for it. What do you guys think? Would a specially defensive Celebi help us? Would a Rapid Spin user be of use? Personally, I think we have a lot of fire-power, but not enough support to back it up. Let's see what we can brainstorm, though -- nominate the last teammate guys!

OK!
"What do we lack?" is a question that we should probably ask ourselves at this point. I think the answer to this is clear-cut -- we need a source of Stealth Rock. Additionally, I see a potential weakness to opposing Latios at this point. If we allow either CM Latios or Choice Scarf Latios to grab the momentum, our team may really pay for it. What do you guys think? Would a specially defensive Celebi help us? Would a Rapid Spin user be of use? Personally, I think we have a lot of fire-power, but not enough support to back it up. Let's see what we can brainstorm, though -- nominate the last teammate guys!
One thing I thought should be pointed out is the lack of a steel type on the team. Any dragon type attack can run through the team. Also, aside from Meloetta's Thunder, we lack status. And of course we lack Stealth Rock, which is extremely vital for the team. I suggest we try to fix these problems with a personal favorite of mine...

Item: Leftovers
Ability: Serene Grace
Nature: Careful
Evs: 252 HP / 224 SpD / 32 Spe
Moves:
-Iron Head
-Body Slam
-Wish
-Stealth Rock

This is the standard Specially Defensive Jirachi, which I find extremely helpful. It fixes quite a lot of problems for the team, including the lack of Stealth Rock, providing a decent check to Lati@s, and providing extra paralysis support. It also can Wish other team members back to full health.

Forretress (F) @ Leftovers
Trait: Sturdy
Nature: Calm
EVs: 252 HP / 252 SpD / 4 SpA
- Hidden Power [Ice]
- Rapid Spin
- Volt Switch
- Stealth Rock

So our team is pretty offensive at the moment so we need something that can maintain momentum. Jirachi is not great in Dream World unless it's running U-turn as it just gives us another mon that makes us Chandelure weak. But, Forretress has access to Volt Switch which allows us to not only take on Choice Scarf Latios in the rain, but it gives us a really good Dragon-type resist. Hidden Power Ice may seem like a gimmick but it's useful for letting us take down Garchomp, Gliscor, and Dragonite, all of who are pretty big threats in DW. Forretress also gives us Stealth Rock and Rapid Spin support; the latter is really needed on our team and the former is useful on any team! :D

Ferrothorn (M) @ Shed Shell
Trait: Iron Barbs
Nature: Relaxed
EVs: 252 HP / 88 Def / 168 SDef | 0 Spe
- Gyro Ball
- Stealth Rock
- Leech Seed
- Power Whip

Ferrothorn can be the answer to a lot of the problems the team currently has. Weaknesses to Serperior and Latios are the most notable, with Ferrothorn's Fire weakness being halved in the Rain it can be safe from potential Hidden Power [Fire] from these threats, as well as sponging Draco Meteors and Leaf Storms. Ferrothorn also provides us with much needed hazards. Stealth Rock grants the KOs of Terrakion and Keldeo while Leech Seed provides passive recovery going throughout this team. Shed Shell is the item of choice in this situation, allowing Ferrothorn to escape from pesky Chandelures who can be troublesome.

my reserved poke! skarmory!

Skarmory @ Shed Shell
Trait: Sturdy
EVs: 252 HP / 232 Def / 24 Spe
Impish (+def / -sp.atk)
-Roost
-Stealth Rock
-Whirlwind
-Brave Bird

very simple.
one of the biggest weaknesses we have are ground types and most importantly, sandstorm teams with pokes such as garchomp and excadrill. this means that a poke that can counter them is great. Tada. here comes skarmory. A scarf Garchomp can rampage through our team with no problem (or even worse, any dragon with a dragon dance) and skarmory can cockblock almost all dragon types with its dragon resistance and ground immunity. it also gains stealth rock (which we can replace for spikes) which is crucial to our success as a dw team. shed shell is great for those pesky magnozones and chandelures.

posted ferrothorn but jimbon did while i was typing so

Bronzong @ Leftovers / Chesto Berry
Trait: Levitate
EVs: 252 HP / 4 Def / 252 SDef
Sassy Nature (+SDef, -Spd)
- Stealth Rock
- Toxic / Rest
- Earthquake
- Gyro Ball

Another option for the last spot is Bronzong. Our team is weak to serp and dragons in general, and he does give us somewhat a dragon moves counter, while sets up SR helping out our sweepers, got EQ for chandy and zong and toxic + gball for serperior. Rest and Chesto Berry are an option for recovery since zong lacks it. Forces out the opponent to bring someone that checks it so we can get another one of the 5 to start the offensive momentum. Its immune to spikes and TSpikes, something that 4/6 of our team are weak to. Could be a good fit.

Metagross @ Leftovers / Air Balloon / Lum Berry
Trait: Clear Body
EVs: 252 HP / 252 Def / 4 Spe
Adamant Nature (+Atk / -SpA)
-Stealth Rock
-Ice Punch
-Earthquake
-Bullet Punch

Despite being rather overlooked this generation, metagross can play an invaluable role and fits the last slot very well. It can set up stealth rock, provides an all-important dragon resistance, and packs a huge punch itself. With 80 / 130 / 90 base defenses, it is almost as physically bulky as skarmory while being much specially bulky and retaining much more of an offensive presence. With an adamant nature, ice punch + bullet punch has around a 90% chance to OHKO standard garchomp even without attack investment. It also KOs dragonite with SR damage. Earthquake OHKOs chandelure and 2HKOs tyranitar, while bullet punch gives some nice priority, which this team lacks. Meteor mash can be substituted for a harder hit on tyranitar, 2HKOing even the bulkiest versions. Leftovers gives metagross recovery, whereas air balloon lets it be a good excadrill, garchomp, landorus, and gliscor check.

shrang

General Kenobi
is a Community Contributor Alumnusis a Tiering Contributor Alumnusis a Top Contributor Alumnusis a Battle Simulator Moderator Alumnus
What we lack on our team:
- Hazards

Weaknesses so far:
- Dragon-types (especially Latios spamming Draco Meteor and stuff like that)
- Rain Volcarona

Due to these, I think a good utility Pokemon to put on our team would be Specially Defensive Empoleon.

Empoleon @ Leftovers
Ability: Torrent
EVs: 252 HP / 4 Def / 252 SpD
Nature: Calm
- Stealth Rock
- Scald
- Ice Beam
- Roar

Takes care of all three in one fell swoop. As good as Rain Volcarona is, Empoleon in the rain "resists" all three of its attacks, can set up Stealth Rock, hurt it a lot with Scald or Roar it out. It also resists both Water / Dragon, which would be very helpful in the rare situation where we fight Kingdra, while forcing Latios to use Thunder(bolt) instead of Surf or Draco Meteor. It does have a downside, I guess, since we are getting rather Electric weak again. Stealth Rock for hazards, Scald for STAB, Ice Beam to hurt Dragons, and Roar to phaze.

I know someone's already proposed Jirachi but I'd like to put my forth my own variation:

Jirachi @ Leftovers Trait: Serene Grace
EVs: 252 HP / 208 SDef / 48 Spd
Sassy Nature (+SDef, -Spd)
- Stealth Rock
- Icy Wind
- Thunder
- Iron Head

I believe Thunder should always go on Jirachi on rain teams over Body Slam. What that means though is that Ground types like Garchomp and Gliscor would normally get a free switch in: and Wish would do little to alleviate this. Therefore I replaced it with the somewhat unorthadox Icy Wind, which gets the 2HKO (if it doesn't miss) and with the Speed EV's outspeeds max speed non-scarf Chomp after an Icy Wind.

Nominations for teammates close today, and with what could be the best timing possible! We have one more week to vote on these nominations and then we will take our team onto the newly reset ladder. So the noms are:

Standard Jirachi
SpD Forretress
Ferrothorn
Skarmory
Bronzong
Metagross
Empoleon
Icy Wind Jirachi

That's what we're at now guys! At this point, we do have some problems; namely, we have no Steel-type or hazard layer, so keep that in mind when voting. Let's get this done guys!

Ferrothorn - I feel like this would be the best fit for our team right now, since we can now counter rain really easily (or at least most of it lol); any part that isn't covered by Ferrothorn is pretty much covered by the rest of the team. For example, Rain Volcarona can't really win against this team because of Politoed's Perish Song; Keldeo gets to meet Latias! Additionally, it synergizes really well with the team. Latias alone forms a great defensive combo with Latias, and with Thunder Wave support from Ferrothorn Meloetta will have a much easier time with things, as will Terrakion because it won't be forced to always have to use Rock Polish instead of Swords Dance.
SpD Jirachi - This is basically the same thing as above, except more offensive and with less support for the team in that it can't take several water-type attacks that Ferrothorn can. It also can't reliably some other stuff like Gastrodon. However, it gives us a big check to LO Tornadus, which is a big threat which we have to revenge kill with Politoed otherwise.
Empoleon - the same as above. We become much weaker to Raikou, however; we're weak to its attacks as opposed to resisting them or being neutral.

Gyro Ball Ferrothorn seems like a lovely addition to this team, and it provides us with hazards so I'll give that my vote.

Ferrothorn
SpD Jirachi
Air Balloon Metagross

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 1)