Drampa Discussion

Nexus

Forever the Recusant
is a Site Content Manager Alumnusis a Senior Staff Member Alumnusis a Contributor Alumnus

Drampa
Normal/Dragon
Abilities: Berserk / Sap Sipper / Cloud Nine
HP: 78
Atk: 60
Def: 85
SpAtk: 135
SpDef: 91
Spe: 36

Level Up

L1 - Play Nice
L1 - Echoed Voice
L5 - Twister
L9 - Protect
L13 - Glare
L17 - Light Screen
L21 - Dragon Rage
L25 - Natural Gift
L29 - Dragon Breath
L33 - Safeguard
L37 - Extrasensory
L41 - Dragon Pulse
L45 - Fly
L49 - Hyper Voice
L53 - Outrage

TMs

TM01 - Work Up
TM02 - Dragon Claw
TM04 - Calm Mind
TM05 - Roar
TM06 - Toxic
TM10 - Hidden Power
TM11 - Sunny Day
TM13 - Ice Beam
TM14 - Blizzard
TM15 - Hyper Beam
TM16 - Light Screen
TM17 - Protect
TM18 - Rain Dance
TM19 - Roost
TM20 - Safeguard
TM21 - Frustration
TM22 - Solar Beam
TM24 - Thunderbolt
TM25 - Thunder
TM26 - Earthquake
TM27 - Return
TM30 - Shadow Ball
TM32 - Double Team
TM35 - Flamethrower
TM38 - Fire Blast
TM42 - Facade
TM44 - Rest
TM45 - Attract
TM48 - Round
TM49 - Echoed Voice
TM51 - Steel Wing
TM52 - Focus Blast
TM53 - Energy Ball
TM56 - Fling
TM65 - Shadow Claw
TM68 - Giga Impact
TM73 - Thunder Wave
TM76 - Fly
TM77 - Psych Up
TM78 - Bulldoze
TM80 - Rock Slide
TM82 - Dragon Tail
TM86 - Grass Knot
TM88 - Sleep Talk
TM90 - Substitute
TM94 - Surf
TM95 - Snarl
TM96 - Nature Power
TM100 - Confide

Egg moves

Egg - Hurricane
Egg - Dragon Rush
Egg - Razor Wind
Egg - Mist
Egg - Play Rough

Tutor

Draco Meteor

New Ability

Berserk: Boosts the Pokémon’s Sp. Atk stat when it takes a \nhit that causes its HP to become half or less.

Last edited:
The fact they gave this thing Roost is amazing; it can perfectly abuse Berserk once primary threats to it are gone (or it can maybe lure them early game courtesy of a diverse movepool). If you can't 2 hit KO it comfortably you're in major trouble thanks to CM + Berserk. I see it becoming a viable late game booster.

Theorycrafting here, but I feel like a defensive set of:

Calm/ Sassy Drampa Leftovers
Berserk
252 HP / 204 SpD / 52 SpA
~ Calm Mind
~ Glare
~ Hyper Voice
~ Draco Meteor/ Dragon Pulse

would be pretty strong. Plus I feel like Para is going to be really important this gen.

It has a wide pool and will fill certain niches but I dont think it going to be that good. Sure its very powerful and has some very good moves at its disposal and walls some ghost types its still very slow and not too bulky. Being normal type also means that fighting types can easily KO it and also benefit from paralysis with guts.

drampa's grandpa

cannonball
is a Community Contributoris a Community Leader Alumnus
I'm picturing a SubRoost set. Sub lets it activate Berserk without actually facing danger. You could also run subcm, but when you're that slow (and not especially bulky) I'd prefer to just attack. I'm seeing Drampa as UU or RU.

It will also function under Trick Room, but I doubt Trick Room will be any better this generation.

Hurricane is certainly an... interesting option. This thing has near infinite coverage options. Cloud Nine's use I guess just depends on Slush Rush's popularity.

6ft Torbjorn

formerly JoycapJoshST
The fact they gave this thing Roost is amazing; it can perfectly abuse Berserk once primary threats to it are gone (or it can maybe lure them early game courtesy of a diverse movepool). If you can't 2 hit KO it comfortably you're in major trouble thanks to CM + Berserk. I see it becoming a viable late game booster.
Oh my, what a slaughterhouse. A very Slow but very powerful slaughter house. STAB Hyper Voice, Stab D Pule and Meteor, and blessed with all the numerous coverge options Normal Types tend to have. Decent defenses, although Normal Dragon isn't going to give you many times to switch in. Looking forward to using this.
True. Just a shame Normal/Dragon does bugger all offensively.
Moral of the story - thank god for coverage, kids!

Surprisingly solid movepool, really. And with its really good Special Attack and access to Berserk AND an immunity-granting ability, it's not without options.

Specs (may be worth using with Sap Sipper, as it would only have one chance at triggering Berserk) and Calm Mind + Roost (with Berserk) look like its two best picks. Normal + Dragon is stopped fairly easily by every Steel-type (and Mimikyu does not care at all), however, so Steel killers are essential for the second set.

Last edited:

Sylveon.

Penny saved is still a fucking penny
So, that normal type movepool + 135 spl attack + opponent has to basically KO you or do<50% else it gets hit by +1 draco.
Well, as they say old is gold!!

I expected this to be just how it looked like, bird dookie. Even though it may still look like bird dookie, it really is a powerful dragon(against the right stuff) with an expansive movepool.

I'm picturing a SubRoost set. Sub lets it activate Berserk without actually facing danger. You could also run subcm, but when you're that slow (and not especially bulky) I'd prefer to just attack. I'm seeing Drampa as UU or RU.

It will also function under Trick Room, but I doubt Trick Room will be any better this generation.
New Ability

Berserk: Boosts the Pokémon’s Sp. Atk stat when it takes a hit that causes its HP to become half or less.
Berserk doesn't work that way, sorry pal.

But CM+Roost is still great provided you clear out its physical weaknesses first, and you can get away with a Life Orb+3 Attacks set or a Choice Specs set.

It has a wide pool and will fill certain niches but I dont think it going to be that good. Sure its very powerful and has some very good moves at its disposal and walls some ghost types its still very slow and not too bulky. Being normal type also means that fighting types can easily KO it and also benefit from paralysis with guts.
It only has a 1x fighting weakness and 78/85 on the physical side, which isn't amazing, but it should be enough to take a STAB fighting move from full health. Not to mention if the fighting 'mon attacks first and gets it to 50% HP without killing it Drampa is going to have a huuuge counter attack.You really should only be using it after you've cleared threats to it's success though.

How does it work then?
It doesn't get the boost if the damage is self inflicted, only if it's dropped under 50% by and opposing Pokemon's attack

With the nerf to paralysis, would we have to invest a certain amount in speed to make a Glare set worthwhile? Drampa is slooooowwwwww.

Tory

Banned deucer.
Nice design, Moon exclusive, immunity to ghost. Have anyone notice Drampa is the special version of Druddigon stats?

Drampa
Normal/Dragon
Abilities: Berserk / Sap Sipper / Cloud Nine
HP: 78
Attack: 60
Defense: 85
Sp. Atk: 135
Sp. Def: 91
Speed: 36

Druddigon
Dragon
Abilities: Mold Breaker / Rough Skin / Sheer Force
HP: 77
Attack: 120
Defense: 90
Sp. Atk: 60
Sp. Def: 90
Speed: 48

Pikachu315111

Ranting & Raving!
is a Community Contributoris a Top Smogon Media Contributor
You'd think a Pokemon who's theme of being a "grandpa" would have at least one pre-evolution.

Slow, defensive, Special Attacker is what I'm seeing. So of course one of its Abilities raises Attack (though gives if immunity to Grass-type moves). All its Abilities has some use, depends if your looking for an attacker, Grass-type/Spore counter, or weather clearer.

What it lacks in stats it makes up with its movepool! STAB Dragon Pulse and Hyper Voice (or Outrage if you think you can get Sap Sipper going). Normal and Dragon-type means it gets all sorts of coverage: Extrasensory, Ice Beam/Blizzard, Thunderbolt/Thunder, Shadow Ball, Flamethrower/Fire Blast, Energy Ball, Snarl, and Surf (Physical is also good, notably Earthquake, Steel Wing, Shadow Claw, and Rock Slide). By Egg Moves it can get Hurricane, Dragon Rush, and Play Rough. It's not lacking in utility either having Glare/Thunder Wave, Light Screen, Safeguard, and Roost. If you need a Pokemon to fill a slot I think good ol' Drampa could be it.

Wait, Drampa can Fly? It really is Falkor. Should learn Lucky Chant.

It only has a 1x fighting weakness and 78/85 on the physical side, which isn't amazing, but it should be enough to take a STAB fighting move from full health. Not to mention if the fighting 'mon attacks first and gets it to 50% HP without killing it Drampa is going to have a huuuge counter attack.You really should only be using it after you've cleared threats to it's success though.

Yeah even though it has decent physical fighting types are going to OHKO easily with close close combat or HJK. Most fighting types wont be able to take a counter attack though.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 0)