move 3: Earthquake / Roost
move 4: Acrobatics / Iron Head
item: Booster Energy
tera type: Flying / Steel
ability: Protosynthesis
nature: Jolly / Adamant
evs: 252 Atk / 4 SpD / 252 Spe

[SET COMMENTS]
Dragon Dance Roaring Moon is one of the tier's most threatening late-game setup sweepers due to its high offensive stats, strong coverage moves, and decent bulk. Earthquake is a strong, consistent coverage option that hits Kingambit, Garganacl, Iron Hands, and Clodsire super effectively. Roost, on the other hand, gives Roaring Moon access to reliable recovery, which gives it more setup opportunities throughout the game even if its Booster Energy is already used up. Acrobatics has fantastic coverage, as it hits Great Tusk, Iron Valiant, and Breloom super effectively and should always be run alongside Tera Flying to maximize its power. Iron Head is a viable alternative to Acrobatics and should always be run alongside Tera Steel, as it deals with Fairy-types like Iron Valiant and Hatterene simultaneously. Tera Flying removes all of Roaring Moon's baseline weaknesses bar Ice, gives it a resistance to Fighting- and Bug-type attacks, a Ground immunity, and a STAB boost to Acrobatics. Tera Steel, though more niche, allows Roaring Moon to resist Hatterene's Dazzling Gleam, Chien-Pao's Ice-type attacks, Scizor's Bullet Punch, and Tera Normal Dragonite's Extreme Speed. A Jolly nature is typically run to outspeed Booster Energy Iron Valiant after a Dragon Dance, but Adamant is a decent alternative, particularly on teams that allow Roaring Moon to obtain more than one Dragon Dance boost. After a Dragon Dance, Adamant Roaring Moon can more easily OHKO defensive variants of Gholdengo and Great Tusk.

Dragon Dance Roaring Moon best functions on offensive teams, pairing well with setup sweepers that can wear down each other's checks. Espathra appreciates Roaring Moon's ability to pressure opposing Steel-types, Iron Valiant can opt out of running Psyshock, since Roaring Moon breaks past Clodsire for it, and Breloom can more effectively utilize its STAB moves and Spore once Roaring Moon eliminates Gholdengo. Dondozo and Tera Fairy Skeledirge are major threats to Roaring Moon due to their ability to ignore its boosts with Unaware, while strong priority users like Chien-Pao, Dragonite, and Breloom can revenge kill Roaring Moon thanks to its low Defense. Ting-Lu can force Roaring Moon out with Whirlwind, and Choice Band Iron Hands survives a boosted Earthquake from full health and can OHKO Roaring Moon with Close Combat. Espathra can muscle past Dondozo, Skeledirge, and Iron Hands thanks to Stored Power, while Iron Valiant offers more immediate damage against the aforementioned threats and Ting-Lu due to its excellent mixed coverage. Offensive Great Tusk and Technician Breloom can help wear down Ting-Lu with their super effective STAB moves, and Breloom's Technician-boosted Bullet Seed can also break past Dondozo. Grimmsnarl's ability to set up dual screens allows Roaring Moon to set up multiple Dragon Dances and survive attacks from Chien-Pao and Dragonite. Orthworm is a niche option that sets entry hazards and provides a slow Shed Tail to get Roaring Moon in safely behind a Substitute, allowing for much easier setup opportunities against opposing status users like Rotom-W and protecting it from priority moves from Chien-Pao, Dragonite, and Breloom.

[CREDITS]
- Written by: [[Dreadfury, 408271]]
- Quality checked by: [[ausma, 360720], [Milo, 540138]]
- Grammar checked by: [[lunaflare, 430518]]

Last edited:
Alright! After editing this a bit, I think this is ready for its first QC check!

There are a few questions I figure I may as well ask, in the event that QC is able to clarify some things:
  • Obviously, mentioning Terastalization is very necessary in many cases, and for a sweeper that abuses Tera-Flying so well that's especially true for DD Roaring Moon. When I'm talking about its checks and counters, I find myself mentioning "pre-Tera" quite a lot, mostly in the context of mons like Hatterene, Iron Hands, Skeledirge, Kingambit, etc. that will Tera to a completely different typing that changes what Roaring Moon can hit them with but also in the context of Roaring Moon itself since Dark/Dragon, Flying, and Steel all have (mostly) very different weaknesses resistances and consequently need to be predicted around. The example I brought up involved Iron Hands being able to OHKO it regardless of its Tera type or lack thereof after surviving any one hit from Roaring Moon from full, but it would have to choose different moves depending on the Tera type since Flying survives CC but not Ice Punch or Wild Charge, Steel survives Ice Punch and Wild Charge but not CC, and base Roaring Moon survives TPunch/Wild Charge but not CC or Ice Punch. Is describing these situations as "pre-Tera" accurate, even if it gets a bit repetitive? If not, what's the correct term?
  • Tera adds enough of a mixup that I figured Steel was worth mentioning due to its radically different defensive profile when compared to the generally-better Flying. Are there other, much more uncommon Tera-typings that warrant some level of mention? The only two I've ever really seen in serious play have been Flying and Steel, but something unorthodox could always make a dangerous sweeper much harder to pin down.
  • I wanted to mention Throat Chop and Jaw Lock as more situational alternatives to Crunch since they're all equally powerful but wanted to keep this brief (well, by some definition of the word). Should I mention those at all, or are they too fringe to bother bringing up?
  • Lastly, I figure I'd mention the Speed-boosting Protosynthesis spread, albeit as its own separate mini-paragraph. Should this just be cut out altogether, or is this small adjustment to its EVs noteworthy enough to mention?
Many thanks in advance!

Milo

I'm Your Man
is a Community Contributor
Alright! After editing this a bit, I think this is ready for its first QC check!

There are a few questions I figure I may as well ask, in the event that QC is able to clarify some things:
  • Obviously, mentioning Terastalization is very necessary in many cases, and for a sweeper that abuses Tera-Flying so well that's especially true for DD Roaring Moon. When I'm talking about its checks and counters, I find myself mentioning "pre-Tera" quite a lot, mostly in the context of mons like Hatterene, Iron Hands, Skeledirge, Kingambit, etc. that will Tera to a completely different typing that changes what Roaring Moon can hit them with but also in the context of Roaring Moon itself since Dark/Dragon, Flying, and Steel all have (mostly) very different weaknesses resistances and consequently need to be predicted around. The example I brought up involved Iron Hands being able to OHKO it regardless of its Tera type or lack thereof after surviving any one hit from Roaring Moon from full, but it would have to choose different moves depending on the Tera type since Flying survives CC but not Ice Punch or Wild Charge, Steel survives Ice Punch and Wild Charge but not CC, and base Roaring Moon survives TPunch/Wild Charge but not CC or Ice Punch. Is describing these situations as "pre-Tera" accurate, even if it gets a bit repetitive? If not, what's the correct term?
  • Tera adds enough of a mixup that I figured Steel was worth mentioning due to its radically different defensive profile when compared to the generally-better Flying. Are there other, much more uncommon Tera-typings that warrant some level of mention? The only two I've ever really seen in serious play have been Flying and Steel, but something unorthodox could always make a dangerous sweeper much harder to pin down.
  • I wanted to mention Throat Chop and Jaw Lock as more situational alternatives to Crunch since they're all equally powerful but wanted to keep this brief (well, by some definition of the word). Should I mention those at all, or are they too fringe to bother bringing up?
  • Lastly, I figure I'd mention the Speed-boosting Protosynthesis spread, albeit as its own separate mini-paragraph. Should this just be cut out altogether, or is this small adjustment to its EVs noteworthy enough to mention?
Many thanks in advance!
1. When you mention Pokemon that have Terrastallized, you do so by saying Tera Normal "Dragonite", and any Pokemon that isn't Terasallized would just be "Dragonite". That's all you need to say to distinct between the two, that doesn't mean saying pre-tera isn't allowed, it just isn't a universal term to describe something that isn't Terastallized.
2. Any change to the given set needs to be approved by the QC team, and if they think something should be changed on their own, they will say something. However, Flying and Steel are the best two you can use. Dark has seen usage but not enough.
3. Too niche of moves, Roaring Moon pretty much always wants Crunch
4. Don't mention any other spread or set that isn't the one you are writing about. Other analyses formats have seen the "Other Options" section but, with this form Analyses, as you can see, there isn't one so don't mention it.

AMQC, add what you want

Add Remove Comment

[SET]
name: Dragon Dance+Booster Energy
move 1: Dragon Dance
move 2: Crunch
evs: 252 Atk / 4 Spd / 252 Spe

[SET COMMENTS]
Dragon Dance Roaring Moon is one of the OverUsed tier's most threatening lategame setup sweepers due to its high offensive stats, strong coverage options moves, and great decent bulk.; it is also one of the strongest offensive users of Terastalization due to the mechanic's defensive and offensive benefits. Very vague, remove this part as you shouldn't be mentioning tera until the final part of the paragraph Dragon Dance allows Roaring Moon to clean up opposing teams lategame. Earthquake is a strong, consistent coverage option that hits pre-Tera Kingambit, pre-Tera Garganacl, pre-Tera Iron Hands Loses against Iron Hands and Clodsire super effectively. Roost, on the other hand, gives Roaring Moon access to reliable recovery which gives it more setup opportunities throughout the game, even if its Booster Energy is already used up. Acrobatics has impeccable synergy with Booster Energy, and as such always has its maximum base power of 110; it should be run alongside a Flying Tera-type to become this set's most powerful attack by a large margin, as it OHKOs or at worst 2HKOs the vast majority of the tier after a Dragon Dance and Protosynthesis boost. Either give examples of what it hits or reword it to suggest that collectively, its coverage moves can deal with a majority of the tier, because there are many things that don't take excessive damage from Acrobatics. Iron Head is a more niche option, but is as powerful as Crunch with Tera-Steel Tera Steel and hits pre-Tera Hatterene Fairy-types such as Hatterene and Iron Valiant at the same time extremely hard. Booster Energy is run to give Roaring Moon a one-time boost to its Attack upon entry; the item is consumed on use, which doubles Acrobatics' power. unless it is Tricked an item. Unnecessary Tera-Flying Tera Flying removes all of Roaring Moon's baseline weaknesses bar Ice, gives Roaring Moon a resistance to Fighting and Bug-type attacks instead of a weakness already mentioned and a Ground immunity,. and It also grants its already-powerful already powerful Acrobatics a STAB boost; Tera-Steel Tera Steel, though more niche, alternatively allows Roaring Moon to resist Fairy-type attacks from Hatterene as well as Chien-Pao's Ice Shard and +1 Tera-Normal Tera Normal Dragonite's Extreme Speed, both giving it different setup targets and making it harder to revenge kill. A Jolly nature is typically run to outpace +1 Iron Valiant, but if this is not a concern Adamant is a perfectly valid choice due to a noticeable increase in power.

An alternate spread of 32 HP / 220 Atk / 4 Spd / 252 Spe with a Jolly nature can be run instead; this increases Roaring Moon's bulk slightly, but also makes its Attack stat one point lower than its Speed, allowing Protosynthesis to instead grant Roaring Moon a Speed boost. The loss in power is quite large after factoring in the loss of an Attack boost from Protosynthesis, but this allows Roaring Moon to more immediately outpace weakened offensive teams it could otherwise struggle to set up against. This is not the set you are writing about, do not mention it.

Dragon Dance Roaring Moon should be used as a lategame cleaner and is typically used as such on more offensively-inclined teams, but in some cases can also be used as a midgame wallbreaker to facilitate another teammate's sweep, if not its own. Mention here Pokemon that benefit from Roaring Moon's presence, such as other offensive sweepers and wallbreakers. Grimmsnarl's Dragon immunity and ability to reliably set up Reflect and Light Screen makes it a great teammate to Roaring Moon, allowing it to potentially set up multiple Dragon Dances or to survive revenge killing attempts. Dondozo and Tera-Fairy Skeledirge are major threats thorns in to Roaring Moon's side, as their Unaware ability ignores all its boosts and their high physical bulk allow them to keep its sweep at bay, while Choice Band Iron Hands survives even a boosted Earthquake from full and OHKOs it in return with Close Combat or Wild Charge depending on Roaring Moon's Tera-typing or lack thereof;. mMixed or special variants of Iron Valiant make for excellent teammates due to their ability to break past these threats or at the very least weaken them enough for a sweep. Espathra fits on similar team structures to Roaring Moon and can muscle past Unaware walls thanks to Stored Power and its access to reliable recovery and can itself sweep lategame after Roaring Moon wears down its own checks. Move this to an earlier part of the paragraph, which should be focusing on Roaring Moon's benefits for other Pokemon, which there is a current lack of Offensive variants of Great Tusk can help wear down checks like Ting-Lu and Dondozo with its powerful STABs and Knock Off while keeping hazards off the field with Rapid Spin. Breloom can use Spore to put an opposing threat to sleep, and its Technician-boosted Bullet Seed can break the likes of Dondozo and Ting-Lu with relative ease. Dragonite is also a solid teammate; despite both fulfilling similar niches, one can weaken their shared checks and counters to facilitate a lategame sweep from the other, and Dragonite's powerful Extreme Speed outpaces opposing priority users. Lastly, Orthworm is a niche option that can not only set entry hazards but also provides a slow Shed Tail to get Roaring Moon in safely behind a Substitute.

[CREDITS]
- Quality checked by: [[username1, userid1], [username2, userid2]]
- Grammar checked by: [[username1, userid1]]

Last edited:
Implemented these changes!

I want to cut down on the second paragraph somewhat, but I'm not entirely sure how. I feel that all of the mons I mentioned are at least somewhat relevant, including more situationally-useful options like Breloom and especially Orthworm, but even just reading the paragraph it seems bloated.

EDIT: Made a handful more changes.

ausma

token smogon furry
is a Site Content Manageris a Top Social Media Contributoris a Top Artistis a Member of Senior Staffis a Community Contributoris a Tiering Contributoris a Contributor to Smogonis a Top Team Rater Alumnusis a Smogon Discord Contributor Alumnus
OU Forum Leader
orange = comments
purple = changes
green = highlight
red + strike = delete

[SET]
evs: 252 Atk / 4 Spd / 252 Spe

[SET COMMENTS]
Dragon Dance Roaring Moon is one of the tier's most threatening lategame setup sweepers due to its high offensive stats, strong coverage moves, and decent bulk. Dragon Dance allows Roaring Moon to clean up opposing teams lategame. readers will know what dragon dance is meant to do. Earthquake is a strong, consistent coverage option that hits Kingambit, Garganacl, Iron Hands, and Clodsire super effectively. Roost, on the other hand, gives Roaring Moon access to reliable recovery which gives it more setup opportunities throughout the game, even if its Booster Energy is already used up. also could let it stack dragon dances depending on the mu and if you're tera'd Acrobatics has impeccable synergy with Booster Energy, and as such always has its maximum base power of 110; it should be run alongside a Flying Tera-type to become this set's most powerful attack by a large margin, and in tandem with the rest of its moves can at worst 2HKO the vast majority of the tier. i feel like just saying smth like "acrobatics pairs well with booster energy and tera flying, giving roaring moon a reliable high-power STAB option" or something of that vein really gets the point across. it's fairly clear roaring moon is extremely powerful from the first sentence so double downing on it only adds clutter Iron Head is a more niche option, but is as powerful as Crunch with Tera Steel and deals with Fairy-types like Iron Valiant and Hatterene. Booster Energy is run to give Roaring Moon a one-time boost to its Attack upon entry; the item is consumed on use, which therefore doubles Acrobatics' power. we know what booster energy does Tera-Flying removes all of Roaring Moon's baseline weaknesses bar Ice, gives Roaring Moon a resistance to Fighting and Bug-type attacks and a Ground immunity, and grants its already-powerful Acrobatics a STAB boost; Tera Steel, though more niche, allows Roaring Moon to resist Fairy-type attacks from Hatterene as well as Chien-Pao's Ice Shard and +1 Tera Normal Dragonite's Extreme Speed, both giving it different setup targets and making it harder to revenge kill. A Jolly nature is typically run to outpace +1 Iron Valiant after a Dragon Dance, but if this is not a concern Adamant is a perfectly valid choice, particularly on teams that allow Roaring Moon to obtain more than one Dragon Dance boost, due to a noticeable increase in power. does this matter into any particular pokemon?

Dragon Dance Roaring Moon should be used as a lategame cleaner and is typically used as such on more offensive teams, but in some cases can also be used as a midgame wallbreaker to facilitate another teammate's sweep, if not its own, such as Iron Valiant, Espathra, or Dragonite. As such, many of Roaring Moon's best teammates, such as Dragonite, Espathra, and Iron Valiant are themselves powerful lategame sweepers that can also serve as midgame wallbreakers. comments abt dnite/iron valiant fitting on the same teams can be captured by the above easily Notably, Espathra fits on similar team structures to Roaring Moon and can muscle past Unaware walls and Iron Hands thanks to Stored Power and its access to reliable recovery and can itself sweep lategame after Roaring Moon wears down or eliminates opposing Steel-types like Kingambit or Corviknight. you can just say "Espathra itself can sweep lategame after Roaring Moon's pressure into checks like Kingambit or Corviknight. Offensive variants of Great Tusk can help wear down Ting-Lu with its powerful STABs and Knock Off while keeping hazards off the field with Rapid Spin. Breloom can use Spore to put an opposing threat to sleep early in a game and its Technician-boosted Bullet Seed can break the likes of Dondozo and Ting-Lu with relative ease to facilitate a lategame Roaring Moon sweep. Dragonite is also a solid teammate; despite both fulfilling similar offensive niches, one can weaken their shared checks and counters to facilitate a lategame sweep from the other, and Dragonite's powerful Extreme Speed outpaces opposing priority users in Chien-Pao and Breloom that a weakened Roaring Moon would otherwise be afraid of, depending on its Tera type. dnite mentioned earlier Grimmsnarl's Dragon immunity and ability to reliably set up Reflect and Light Screen makes it a great teammate to Roaring Moon, allowing it to potentially set up multiple Dragon Dances or to survive revenge killing attempts while deterring both of Dragapult's STABs. Dondozo and Tera Fairy Skeledirge are major threats to Roaring Moon due to their ability to ignore its boosts with Unaware and recover off its damage with ease, while Choice Band Iron Hands survives even a boosted Earthquake from full and OHKOs it in return with Close Combat or Wild Charge depending on Roaring Moon's Tera typing or lack thereof. Mixed or special variants of Iron Valiant can break past these threats or at the very least weaken them enough for a sweep from Roaring Moon, and benefits similarly from Roaring Moon's own ability to eliminate Clodsire or wear down Steel-types that aren't weak to Fighting-type attacks like Gholdengo or Corviknight. this can be extremely simplified and should be moved up to the top before espathra since valiant is mentioned earlier. just saying "Roaring Moon also appreciates the aid of Iron Valiant in pressuring Unaware walls that check Roaring Moon like Skeledirge and Dondozo with its great mixed coverage." captures the key part of this perfectly while getting to the point Lastly, Orthworm is a niche option that can not only set entry hazards but also provides a slow Shed Tail to get Roaring Moon in safely behind a Substitute, allowing for much easier setup opportunities against opposing status users. like what

[CREDITS]
- Quality checked by: [[username1, userid1], [username2, userid2]]
in general, i think your writing is very informed and you're clearly experienced with the pokemon you write about. however, for future pieces i think it would help you a lot to try and cut down on obvious or tangential stuff to make your writing more concise and to-the-point. especially since we're doing preview sets rn this is particularly important since we want the descriptions to be easily digestible. i'd recommend looking over your works and ask yourself if whether a given piece of info is important to get your point across!

there's tons of potential in your writing and i look forward to seeing more from you. qc 1/2

All suggested changes have been implemented! Added two relevant examples of Adamant scoring KOs Jolly cannot, and an additional brief explanation of why Whirlwind Ting-Lu is a problem for Roaring Moon alongside the physical Unaware mons and Iron Hands, since I already mentioned it when discussing teammates like Iron Valiant and Breloom.

AMQC
Add Remove Comment
[SET]
evs: 252 Atk / 4 Spd SpD/ 252 Spe

[SET COMMENTS]
Dragon Dance Roaring Moon is one of the tier's most threatening lategame setup sweepers due to its high offensive stats, strong coverage moves, and decent bulk. Earthquake is a strong, consistent coverage option that hits Kingambit, Garganacl, Iron Hands, and Clodsire super effectively. Alternatively, Roost, on the other hand, gives Roaring Moon access to reliable recovery which gives it more setup opportunities throughout the game, even if its Booster Energy is already used up. Acrobatics has excellent synergy with Booster Energy, and it becomes Roaring Moon's strongest, most consistent STAB option when run alongside Tera Flying This is already explained in your later sentence talking about Tera Flying. You can replace this with what Acrobatics hits. Iron Head is a more niche option, but is as powerful as Crunch with Tera Steel and deals with Fairy-types like Iron Valiant and Hatterene. Tera Flying removes all of Roaring Moon's baseline weaknesses bar Ice, gives giving Roaring Moon it a resistance to Fighting and Bug-type attacks and a Ground immunity, and grants giving its already-powerful Acrobatics a STAB boost; Tera Steel, though more niche, allows Roaring Moon to resist Fairy-type attacks from Hatterene as well as Chien-Pao's Ice Shard Ice-type moves and +1 Tera Normal Dragonite's Extreme Speed after it boosts once, both giving it different setup targets and making it harder to revenge kill You can also mention here Scizor's Bullet Punch, since it would normally weaken Roaring Moon significantly. A Jolly nature is typically run to outpace +1 boosted Iron Valiant after a Dragon Dance, but if this is not a concern Fluff Adamant is a valid choice an alternate option, particularly on teams that allow Roaring Moon to obtain more than one Dragon Dance boost, due to a noticeable increase in power. For instance, +1 After one Dragon Dance, Adamant Roaring Moon has a 68% chance to OHKO Defensive Gholdengo with Crunch after Stealth Rock and always OHKOs offensive Iron Treads with Earthquake, while under the same circumstances Jolly has only a 43% chance to OHKO offensive Iron Treads and a 12.5% chance to OHKO Defensive Gholdengo after Stealth Rock. Reword this sentence in a way that explains how Roaring Moon can possibly OHKO the aforementioned threats while removing the percent. Please refrain from using percentages in analyses.

Dragon Dance Roaring Moon should be used best functions (You explain later in this sentence that it can also serve as a midgame wallbreaker, so putting "should be used" can be quite contradictory) as a lategame cleaner and is typically used as such on more offensive teams, but in some cases can also be used as a midgame wallbreaker to facilitate another teammate's other teammates sweep, such as Iron Valiant, Espathra, and Dragonite. Dondozo and Tera Fairy Skeledirge are major threats to Roaring Moon due to their ability to ignore its boosts with Unaware and recover off its damage with ease, Ting-Lu can survive any one boosted attack from Roaring Moon and phaze it out with Whirlwind, and Choice Band Iron Hands survives even a boosted Earthquake from full and can OHKO Roaring Moon with one of its STABs, depending on its Tera type You can trim down this sentence on how the said Pokemon can resist Roaring Moon's sweep and check it. Espathra can muscle past Unaware walls and Iron Hands thanks to Stored Power and can itself sweep an opposing team after Roaring Moon wears down checks like Kingambit, Gholdengo and Corviknight. Iron Valiant offers more immediate damage against these threats due to its excellent mixed coverage, and in return also appreciates Roaring Moon's ability to pressure opposing Steel-types Give some examples. Offensive Great Tusk sets can help wear down Ting-Lu with its powerful STABs and Knock Off while keeping hazards off the field removing hazards with Rapid Spin. Breloom can use Spore to put an opposing threat to sleep early in a game and its Technician-boosted Bullet Seed can break the likes of Dondozo and Ting-Lu with relative ease to open up a help Roaring Moon sweep. Grimmsnarl's Dragon immunity and ability to reliably set up Reflect and Light Screen screens makes it a great teammate to Roaring Moon, allowing it to potentially set up multiple Dragon Dances or to survive revenge killing attempts while deterring resisting both of Dragapult's STABs. Lastly, Orthworm is a niche option that not only sets entry hazards but also provides a slow Shed Tail to get Roaring Moon in safely behind a Substitute, allowing for much easier setup opportunities against opposing status users like Rotom-Wash and protecting it from priority from Chien-Pao, Dragonite, and Breloom, depending on Roaring Moon's Tera type. Mention entry hazard support before the Orthworm sentence.

[CREDITS]
- Quality checked by: [[ausma, 360720], [username2, userid2]]

Last edited:
AMQC
Add Remove Comment
[SET]
evs: 252 Atk / 4 Spd SpD/ 252 Spe

[SET COMMENTS]
Dragon Dance Roaring Moon is one of the tier's most threatening lategame setup sweepers due to its high offensive stats, strong coverage moves, and decent bulk. Earthquake is a strong, consistent coverage option that hits Kingambit, Garganacl, Iron Hands, and Clodsire super effectively. Alternatively, Roost, on the other hand, gives Roaring Moon access to reliable recovery which gives it more setup opportunities throughout the game, even if its Booster Energy is already used up. Acrobatics has excellent synergy with Booster Energy, and it becomes Roaring Moon's strongest, most consistent STAB option when run alongside Tera Flying This is already explained in your later sentence talking about Tera Flying. You can replace this with what Acrobatics hits. Iron Head is a more niche option, but is as powerful as Crunch with Tera Steel and deals with Fairy-types like Iron Valiant and Hatterene. Tera Flying removes all of Roaring Moon's baseline weaknesses bar Ice, gives giving Roaring Moon it a resistance to Fighting and Bug-type attacks and a Ground immunity, and grants giving its already-powerful Acrobatics a STAB boost; Tera Steel, though more niche, allows Roaring Moon to resist Fairy-type attacks from Hatterene as well as Chien-Pao's Ice Shard Ice-type moves and +1 Tera Normal Dragonite's Extreme Speed after it boosts once, both giving it different setup targets and making it harder to revenge kill You can also mention here Scizor's Bullet Punch, since it would normally weaken Roaring Moon significantly. A Jolly nature is typically run to outpace +1 boosted Iron Valiant after a Dragon Dance, but if this is not a concern Fluff Adamant is a valid choice an alternate option, particularly on teams that allow Roaring Moon to obtain more than one Dragon Dance boost, due to a noticeable increase in power. For instance, +1 After one Dragon Dance, Adamant Roaring Moon has a 68% chance to OHKO Defensive Gholdengo with Crunch after Stealth Rock and always OHKOs offensive Iron Treads with Earthquake, while under the same circumstances Jolly has only a 43% chance to OHKO offensive Iron Treads and a 12.5% chance to OHKO Defensive Gholdengo after Stealth Rock. Reword this sentence in a way that explains how Roaring Moon can possibly OHKO the aforementioned threats while removing the percent. Please refrain from using percentages in analyses.

Dragon Dance Roaring Moon should be used best functions (You explain later in this sentence that it can also serve as a midgame wallbreaker, so putting "should be used" can be quite contradictory) as a lategame cleaner and is typically used as such on more offensive teams, but in some cases can also be used as a midgame wallbreaker to facilitate another teammate's other teammates sweep, such as Iron Valiant, Espathra, and Dragonite. Dondozo and Tera Fairy Skeledirge are major threats to Roaring Moon due to their ability to ignore its boosts with Unaware and recover off its damage with ease, Ting-Lu can survive any one boosted attack from Roaring Moon and phaze it out with Whirlwind, and Choice Band Iron Hands survives even a boosted Earthquake from full and can OHKO Roaring Moon with one of its STABs, depending on its Tera type You can trim down this sentence on how the said Pokemon can resist Roaring Moon's sweep and check it. Espathra can muscle past Unaware walls and Iron Hands thanks to Stored Power and can itself sweep an opposing team after Roaring Moon wears down checks like Kingambit, Gholdengo and Corviknight. Iron Valiant offers more immediate damage against these threats due to its excellent mixed coverage, and in return also appreciates Roaring Moon's ability to pressure opposing Steel-types Give some examples. Offensive Great Tusk sets can help wear down Ting-Lu with its powerful STABs and Knock Off while keeping hazards off the field removing hazards with Rapid Spin. Breloom can use Spore to put an opposing threat to sleep early in a game and its Technician-boosted Bullet Seed can break the likes of Dondozo and Ting-Lu with relative ease to open up a help Roaring Moon sweep. Grimmsnarl's Dragon immunity and ability to reliably set up Reflect and Light Screen screens makes it a great teammate to Roaring Moon, allowing it to potentially set up multiple Dragon Dances or to survive revenge killing attempts while deterring resisting both of Dragapult's STABs. Lastly, Orthworm is a niche option that not only sets entry hazards but also provides a slow Shed Tail to get Roaring Moon in safely behind a Substitute, allowing for much easier setup opportunities against opposing status users like Rotom-Wash and protecting it from priority from Chien-Pao, Dragonite, and Breloom, depending on Roaring Moon's Tera type. Mention entry hazard support before the Orthworm sentence.

[CREDITS]
Implemented most of this, but waiting a bit before trimming down the Unaware mons/Ting-Lu/Iron Hands segment.

Milo

I'm Your Man
Add Highlight Comment Remove

[SET]
name: Dragon Dance+Booster Energy Booster Energy

[SET COMMENTS]
Dragon Dance Roaring Moon is one of the tier's most threatening lategame setup sweepers due to its high offensive stats, strong coverage moves, and decent bulk. Earthquake is a strong, consistent coverage option that hits Kingambit, Garganacl, Iron Hands, and Clodsire super effectively. Roost, on the other hand, gives Roaring Moon access to reliable recovery which gives it more setup opportunities throughout the game, even if its Booster Energy is already used up. Acrobatics has excellent synergy with Booster Energy, and in addition to its great neutral coverage as it hits Great Tusk, Iron Valiant, and Breloom super effectively. Iron Head is a more niche option, but is as powerful as Crunch with Tera Steel and deals with Fairy-types like Iron Valiant and Hatterene. I would say Iron Head with Tera Steel is more than niche, because its included in this analyses. Reowrd this to something like "Iron Head provides alternative coverage alongside Tera Steel that hits...." Tera Flying removes all of Roaring Moon's baseline weaknesses bar Ice, giving it a resistance to Fighting and Bug-type attacks and as well as a Ground immunity, and giving its already-powerful Acrobatics a STAB boost;. Tera Steel, though more niche, allows Roaring Moon to resist Fairy-type attacks from Hatterene's Dazzling Gleam, as well as Chien-Pao's Ice-type attacks, Scizor's Bullet Punch, and +1 Tera Normal Irrelevant as Tera or not, same with +1, Roaring Moon will always resist Extreme Speed from Dragonite Dragonite's Extreme Speed, both giving it different setup targets and making it harder to revenge kill. This doesn't make sense to me, unless you can elaborate on what you mean or justify this sentence I would just remove it. A Jolly nature is typically run to outpace outspeed +1 Booster Energy Iron Valiant after a Dragon Dance, but Adamant is a decent alternative, particularly on teams that allow Roaring Moon to obtain more than one Dragon Dance boost, due to a noticeable increase in power. After a Dragon Dance, Adamant Roaring Moon OHKOs Defensive Gholdengo the majority of the time after Stealth Rock Roaring Moon OHKOs Defensive Gholdengo all the time at +1. I understand you mean without booster energy, but that's situational and the assumption should be that Booster Energy is active. and Defensive Great Tusk. always OHKOs offensive Iron Treads, while under the same conditions Jolly struggles to secure these OHKOs.

Dragon Dance Roaring Moon best functions as a lategame cleaner and is typically used as such on more offensive teams, but in some cases can also be used as a midgame wallbreaker to facilitate other teammates' sweeps,
We've already covered its role as a sweeper and lategame cleaner, so just reword this to talk about what team structure it fits on leading into "and has great offensive synergy with" such as Iron Valiant, Espathra, and Dragonite. Dondozo and Tera Fairy Skeledirge are major threats to Roaring Moon due to their ability to ignore its boosts with Unaware and recover off its damage with ease,. Ting-Lu can survive any one boosted attack from Roaring Moon and phaze force it out with Whirlwind, and Choice Band Iron Hands survives even a boosted Earthquake from full and can OHKO Roaring Moon with one of its STABs, depending on its Tera type. Thunder Punch / Wild Charge and Close Combat both OHKO Roaring Moon because of Dark, Flying and Steel. Espathra can muscle past Unaware walls and Iron Hands thanks to Stored Power and can itself, sweep an opposing team after Roaring Moon wears down Steel-type checks like Kingambit, Gholdengo and Corviknight. Iron Valiant offers more immediate damag e damage against these threats due to its excellent mixed coverage., and in return also appreciates Roaring Moon's ability to pressure the aforementioned opposing Steel-types. Valiant can beat the steel types you mentioned on its own Offensive Great Tusk sets can help wear down Ting-Lu with Close Combat its powerful STABs and Knock Off while removing entry hazards with Rapid Spin. Breloom can use Spore to put an opposing threat to sleep early in a game fluff. Just reword this to what Breloom does overall for Roaring Moon and then into: and its Technician-boosted Bullet Seed can break the likes of Dondozo and Ting-Lu with relative ease to enable a Roaring Moon sweep. Grimmsnarl's Dragon immunity and ability to reliably set up Reflect and Light Screen makes it a great teammate to Roaring Moon, allowing it to potentially set up multiple Dragon Dances or to survive revenge killing attempts while deterring both of Dragapult's STABs. This sounds like you are talking about Roaring Moon. I would just change it to Pokemon that can revenge kill Roaring Moon without Screens, like Chien-Pao and Dragonite. Entry hazard support is helpful in virtually all cases, but crucially allows Roaring Moon to OHKO Steel-types like defensive Gholdengo and offensive Iron Treads sweep much more consistently. Orthworm is a niche option that not only sets entry hazards but also provides a slow Shed Tail to get Roaring Moon in safely behind a Substitute, allowing for much easier setup opportunities against opposing status users like Rotom-Wash and protecting it from priority from Chien-Pao, Dragonite, and Breloom, depending on Roaring Moon's Tera type.

[CREDITS]

Let me know when this is implemented

Last edited:
Add Highlight Comment Remove

[SET]
name: Dragon Dance+Booster Energy Booster Energy

[SET COMMENTS]
Dragon Dance Roaring Moon is one of the tier's most threatening lategame setup sweepers due to its high offensive stats, strong coverage moves, and decent bulk. Earthquake is a strong, consistent coverage option that hits Kingambit, Garganacl, Iron Hands, and Clodsire super effectively. Roost, on the other hand, gives Roaring Moon access to reliable recovery which gives it more setup opportunities throughout the game, even if its Booster Energy is already used up. Acrobatics has excellent synergy with Booster Energy, and in addition to its great neutral coverage as it hits Great Tusk, Iron Valiant, and Breloom super effectively. Iron Head is a more niche option, but is as powerful as Crunch with Tera Steel and deals with Fairy-types like Iron Valiant and Hatterene. I would say Iron Head with Tera Steel is more than niche, because its included in this analyses. Reowrd this to something like "Iron Head provides alternative coverage alongside Tera Steel that hits...." Tera Flying removes all of Roaring Moon's baseline weaknesses bar Ice, giving it a resistance to Fighting and Bug-type attacks and as well as a Ground immunity, and giving its already-powerful Acrobatics a STAB boost;. Tera Steel, though more niche, allows Roaring Moon to resist Fairy-type attacks from Hatterene's Dazzling Gleam, as well as Chien-Pao's Ice-type attacks, Scizor's Bullet Punch, and +1 Tera Normal Irrelevant as Tera or not, same with +1, Roaring Moon will always resist Extreme Speed from Dragonite Dragonite's Extreme Speed, both giving it different setup targets and making it harder to revenge kill. This doesn't make sense to me, unless you can elaborate on what you mean or justify this sentence I would just remove it. A Jolly nature is typically run to outpace outspeed +1 Booster Energy Iron Valiant after a Dragon Dance, but Adamant is a decent alternative, particularly on teams that allow Roaring Moon to obtain more than one Dragon Dance boost, due to a noticeable increase in power. After a Dragon Dance, Adamant Roaring Moon OHKOs Defensive Gholdengo the majority of the time after Stealth Rock Roaring Moon OHKOs Defensive Gholdengo all the time at +1. I understand you mean without booster energy, but that's situational and the assumption should be that Booster Energy is active. and Defensive Great Tusk. always OHKOs offensive Iron Treads, while under the same conditions Jolly struggles to secure these OHKOs.

Dragon Dance Roaring Moon best functions as a lategame cleaner and is typically used as such on more offensive teams, but in some cases can also be used as a midgame wallbreaker to facilitate other teammates' sweeps,
We've already covered its role as a sweeper and lategame cleaner, so just reword this to talk about what team structure it fits on leading into "and has great offensive synergy with" such as Iron Valiant, Espathra, and Dragonite. Dondozo and Tera Fairy Skeledirge are major threats to Roaring Moon due to their ability to ignore its boosts with Unaware and recover off its damage with ease,. Ting-Lu can survive any one boosted attack from Roaring Moon and phaze force it out with Whirlwind, and Choice Band Iron Hands survives even a boosted Earthquake from full and can OHKO Roaring Moon with one of its STABs, depending on its Tera type. Thunder Punch / Wild Charge and Close Combat both OHKO Roaring Moon because of Dark, Flying and Steel. Espathra can muscle past Unaware walls and Iron Hands thanks to Stored Power and can itself, sweep an opposing team after Roaring Moon wears down Steel-type checks like Kingambit, Gholdengo and Corviknight. Iron Valiant offers more immediate damag e damage against these threats due to its excellent mixed coverage., and in return also appreciates Roaring Moon's ability to pressure the aforementioned opposing Steel-types. Valiant can beat the steel types you mentioned on its own Offensive Great Tusk sets can help wear down Ting-Lu with Close Combat its powerful STABs and Knock Off while removing entry hazards with Rapid Spin. Breloom can use Spore to put an opposing threat to sleep early in a game fluff. Just reword this to what Breloom does overall for Roaring Moon and then into: and its Technician-boosted Bullet Seed can break the likes of Dondozo and Ting-Lu with relative ease to enable a Roaring Moon sweep. Grimmsnarl's Dragon immunity and ability to reliably set up Reflect and Light Screen makes it a great teammate to Roaring Moon, allowing it to potentially set up multiple Dragon Dances or to survive revenge killing attempts while deterring both of Dragapult's STABs. This sounds like you are talking about Roaring Moon. I would just change it to Pokemon that can revenge kill Roaring Moon without Screens, like Chien-Pao and Dragonite. Entry hazard support is helpful in virtually all cases, but crucially allows Roaring Moon to OHKO Steel-types like defensive Gholdengo and offensive Iron Treads sweep much more consistently. Orthworm is a niche option that not only sets entry hazards but also provides a slow Shed Tail to get Roaring Moon in safely behind a Substitute, allowing for much easier setup opportunities against opposing status users like Rotom-Wash and protecting it from priority from Chien-Pao, Dragonite, and Breloom, depending on Roaring Moon's Tera type.

[CREDITS]

Let me know when this is implemented
Implemented!

This doesn't make sense to me, unless you can elaborate on what you mean or justify this sentence I would just remove it.
Obviously Steel gives it the aforementioned resistance to the priority moves I mentioned, but I figured I'd mention giving it different setup opportunities because with Tera Steel's new set of resistances Roaring Moon can more aggressively set up against Hatterene or Scizor since the less-common Tera Steel requires some riskier predictions. Hatterene doesn't do a ton even with Mystical Fire, and Scizor can obviously hit it very hard with CC, but that's a hard commitment to make because it could easily be Tera Flying, which handles these aforementioned moves a lot better but fears Hatt's STABs and Scizor's Bullet Punch much more.

I might just remove it, but I wanted to bring up Tera Steel's defensive profile giving it different opportunities to set up because it's not as common as Tera Flying and predicting it has more risk involved - risk that Roaring Moon can easily capitalize on by getting a relatively safe DD off.

Milo

I'm Your Man
Implemented!

Obviously Steel gives it the aforementioned resistance to the priority moves I mentioned, but I figured I'd mention giving it different setup opportunities because with Tera Steel's new set of resistances Roaring Moon can more aggressively set up against Hatterene or Scizor since the less-common Tera Steel requires some riskier predictions. Hatterene doesn't do a ton even with Mystical Fire, and Scizor can obviously hit it very hard with CC, but that's a hard commitment to make because it could easily be Tera Flying, which handles these aforementioned moves a lot better but fears Hatt's STABs and Scizor's Bullet Punch much more.

I might just remove it, but I wanted to bring up Tera Steel's defensive profile giving it different opportunities to set up because it's not as common as Tera Flying and predicting it has more risk involved - risk that Roaring Moon can easily capitalize on by getting a relatively safe DD off.
Ok I can kind of see where you're coming from, but you've moved on from Tera Flying and are now talking about Steel so saying "both give it different..." in the same sentence doesn't work. I would just scrap it tbh, it seems like fluff.

Add Comment Remove Highlight

[SET]

[SET COMMENTS]
Dragon Dance Roaring Moon is one of the tier's most threatening lategame setup sweepers due to its high offensive stats, strong coverage moves, and decent bulk. Earthquake is a strong, consistent coverage option that hits Kingambit, Garganacl, Iron Hands, and Clodsire super effectively. Roost, on the other hand, gives Roaring Moon access to reliable recovery which gives it more setup opportunities throughout the game, even if its Booster Energy is already used up. Acrobatics has excellent synhas fantastic coverage, as it hits Great Tusk, Iron Valiant, and Breloom super effectively. Iron Head is a viable alternative to Acrobatics, as it deals with Fairy-types like Iron Valiant and Hatterene simultaneously. Tera Flying removes all of Roaring Moon's baseline weaknesses bar Ice, giving it a resistance to Fighting and Bug-type attacks and a Ground immunity, and giving its already-powerful Acrobatics a STAB boost; Tera Steel, though more niche, allows Roaring Moon to resist Hatterene's Dazzling Gleam as well as Chien-Pao's Ice-type attacks, Scizor's Bullet Punch, and Tera Normal Dragonite's Extreme Speed, both giving it different setup targets and making it harder to revenge kill. A Jolly nature is typically run to outspeed Booster Energy Iron Valiant after a Dragon Dance, but Adamant is a decent alternative, particularly on teams that allow Roaring Moon to obtain more than one Dragon Dance boost, due to a noticeable increase in power. After a Dragon Dance, Adamant Roaring Moon can more easily secure OHKOs against Defensive Gholdengo and Defensive Great Tusk.

Dragon Dance Roaring Moon best functions on more offensive teams, and it has great synergy with teammates like Iron Valiant, Espathra, and Dragonite. Move all mentions of what Roaring Moon does for it's teammates here Dondozo and Tera Fairy Skeledirge are major threats to Roaring Moon due to their ability to ignore its boosts with Unaware. and recover off its damage with ease Ting-Lu can survive any one boosted attack from Roaring Moon and force it out with Whirlwind, and Choice Band Iron Hands survives even a boosted Earthquake from full and can OHKO Roaring Moon with Close Combat one of its STABs. Espathra can muscle past these Unaware walls and Iron Hands thanks to Stored Power and can itself sweep after Roaring Moon wears down Steel-type checks like Kingambit, Gholdengo and Corviknight. Iron Valiant offers more immediate damage against these threats due to its excellent mixed coverage. and Iron Valiant appreciates Roaring Moon's ability to break past Clodsire so it can run alternatives to Psyshock. Move this before you start mentioning threats for Roaring Moon. Offensive Great Tusk can help wear down Ting-Lu with Close Combat while removing entry hazards with Rapid Spin. Breloom appreciates Roaring Moon's ability to pressure Gholdengo, which otherwise resists Breloom's STABs and is immune to Spore; again move above in return, its Breloom's Technician-boosted Bullet Seed can break the likes of Dondozo and Ting-Lu with relative ease to enable a Roaring Moon sweep. Link this with the previous sentence with Great Tusk mentioning how they both threaten Ting-Lu, and then mention Dondozo. Grimmsnarl's Dragon immunity and Ghost resistance allow it to check Dragapult, and Grimmsnarl's ability to reliably set up Screens allows Roaring Moon to potentially set up multiple Dragon Dances and survive attacks from Chien-Pao and Dragonite. or to survive revenge killing attempts from Chien-Pao or Dragonite's priority without needing to run Tera Steel. Entry hazard support is helpful in virtually all cases, but allows Roaring Moon to sweep much more consistently. Move all this to where you start mentioning what teammates do for Roaring Moon, from "Grimmsnarl's ability to set up Screens" to "allows Roaring Moon to sweep much more consistently. Orthworm is a niche option that not only sets entry hazards but also provides a slow Shed Tail to get Roaring Moon in safely behind a Substitute, allowing for much easier setup opportunities against opposing status users like Rotom-Wash and protecting it from priority from Chien-Pao, Dragonite, and Breloom.

[CREDITS]
- Quality checked by: [[ausma, 360720], [Milo, userid2]]

Just condensed the 2nd paragraph a bit more because it's meant to be brief.

Should be 2/2 once implemented, if there's something outstanding I'll lyk before the GP check

qc large.gif

Last edited:
Ok I can kind of see where you're coming from, but you've moved on from Tera Flying and are now talking about Steel so saying "both give it different..." in the same sentence doesn't work. I would just scrap it tbh, it seems like fluff.

Add Comment Remove Highlight

[SET]

[SET COMMENTS]
Dragon Dance Roaring Moon is one of the tier's most threatening lategame setup sweepers due to its high offensive stats, strong coverage moves, and decent bulk. Earthquake is a strong, consistent coverage option that hits Kingambit, Garganacl, Iron Hands, and Clodsire super effectively. Roost, on the other hand, gives Roaring Moon access to reliable recovery which gives it more setup opportunities throughout the game, even if its Booster Energy is already used up. Acrobatics has excellent synhas fantastic coverage, as it hits Great Tusk, Iron Valiant, and Breloom super effectively. Iron Head is a viable alternative to Acrobatics, as it deals with Fairy-types like Iron Valiant and Hatterene simultaneously. Tera Flying removes all of Roaring Moon's baseline weaknesses bar Ice, giving it a resistance to Fighting and Bug-type attacks and a Ground immunity, and giving its already-powerful Acrobatics a STAB boost; Tera Steel, though more niche, allows Roaring Moon to resist Hatterene's Dazzling Gleam as well as Chien-Pao's Ice-type attacks, Scizor's Bullet Punch, and Tera Normal Dragonite's Extreme Speed, both giving it different setup targets and making it harder to revenge kill. A Jolly nature is typically run to outspeed Booster Energy Iron Valiant after a Dragon Dance, but Adamant is a decent alternative, particularly on teams that allow Roaring Moon to obtain more than one Dragon Dance boost, due to a noticeable increase in power. After a Dragon Dance, Adamant Roaring Moon can more easily secure OHKOs against Defensive Gholdengo and Defensive Great Tusk.

Dragon Dance Roaring Moon best functions on more offensive teams, and it has great synergy with teammates like Iron Valiant, Espathra, and Dragonite. Move all mentions of what Roaring Moon does for it's teammates here Dondozo and Tera Fairy Skeledirge are major threats to Roaring Moon due to their ability to ignore its boosts with Unaware. and recover off its damage with ease Ting-Lu can survive any one boosted attack from Roaring Moon and force it out with Whirlwind, and Choice Band Iron Hands survives even a boosted Earthquake from full and can OHKO Roaring Moon with Close Combat one of its STABs. Espathra can muscle past these Unaware walls and Iron Hands thanks to Stored Power and can itself sweep after Roaring Moon wears down Steel-type checks like Kingambit, Gholdengo and Corviknight. Iron Valiant offers more immediate damage against these threats due to its excellent mixed coverage. and Iron Valiant appreciates Roaring Moon's ability to break past Clodsire so it can run alternatives to Psyshock. Move this before you start mentioning threats for Roaring Moon. Offensive Great Tusk can help wear down Ting-Lu with Close Combat while removing entry hazards with Rapid Spin. Breloom appreciates Roaring Moon's ability to pressure Gholdengo, which otherwise resists Breloom's STABs and is immune to Spore; again move above in return, its Breloom's Technician-boosted Bullet Seed can break the likes of Dondozo and Ting-Lu with relative ease to enable a Roaring Moon sweep. Link this with the previous sentence with Great Tusk mentioning how they both threaten Ting-Lu, and then mention Dondozo. Grimmsnarl's Dragon immunity and Ghost resistance allow it to check Dragapult, and Grimmsnarl's ability to reliably set up Screens allows Roaring Moon to potentially set up multiple Dragon Dances and survive attacks from Chien-Pao and Dragonite. or to survive revenge killing attempts from Chien-Pao or Dragonite's priority without needing to run Tera Steel. Entry hazard support is helpful in virtually all cases, but allows Roaring Moon to sweep much more consistently. Move all this to where you start mentioning what teammates do for Roaring Moon, from "Grimmsnarl's ability to set up Screens" to "allows Roaring Moon to sweep much more consistently. Orthworm is a niche option that not only sets entry hazards but also provides a slow Shed Tail to get Roaring Moon in safely behind a Substitute, allowing for much easier setup opportunities against opposing status users like Rotom-Wash and protecting it from priority from Chien-Pao, Dragonite, and Breloom.

[CREDITS]
- Quality checked by: [[ausma, 360720], [Milo, userid2]]

Just condensed the 2nd paragraph a bit more because it's meant to be brief.

Should be 2/2 once implemented, if there's something outstanding I'll lyk before the GP check

View attachment 486305
Implemented! Though I opted to cut out the whole "entry hazard support is helpful in virtually all cases" sentence since at this point that's a given for every offensive mon in the tier, at which point the entire second half of the paragraph organically became the "what Roaring Moon's teammates do for it" section.

amcheck add remove (comment)
(AH) = add hyphen; (AC) = add comma; (RSC) = remove semicolon; (AP) = add period; (RC) = remove comma

[SET]
name: Dragon Dance + Booster Energy

[SET COMMENTS]
Dragon Dance Roaring Moon is one of the tier's most threatening late-game (AH) setup sweepers due to its high offensive stats, strong coverage moves, and decent bulk. Earthquake is a strong, consistent coverage option that hits Kingambit, Garganacl, Iron Hands, and Clodsire super effectively. Roost, on the other hand, gives Roaring Moon access to reliable recovery, (AC) which gives it more setup opportunities throughout the game, (RC) even if its Booster Energy is already used up. Acrobatics has fantastic coverage, as it hits Great Tusk, Iron Valiant, and Breloom super effectively. Iron Head is a viable alternative to Acrobatics, as it deals with Fairy-types like Iron Valiant and Hatterene simultaneously. Tera Flying removes all of Roaring Moon's baseline weaknesses bar Ice, gives giving it a resistance to Fighting- (AH) and Bug-type attacks, (AC) and a Ground immunity, and a STAB boost to Acrobatics. giving its already-powerful Acrobatics a STAB boost; (RSC/AP) Tera Steel, though more niche, allows Roaring Moon to resist Hatterene's Dazzling Gleam, (AC) as well as Chien-Pao's Ice-type attacks, Scizor's Bullet Punch, and Tera Normal Dragonite's Extreme Speed. A Jolly nature is typically run to outspeed Booster Energy Iron Valiant after a Dragon Dance, but Adamant is a decent alternative, particularly on teams that allow Roaring Moon to obtain more than one Dragon Dance boost. (RC/AP) due to a noticeable increase in power. (dex info) After a Dragon Dance, Adamant Roaring Moon can more easily OHKO defensive variants of Gholdengo and Great Tusk. secure OHKOs against Defensive Gholdengo and Defensive Great Tusk.

Dragon Dance Roaring Moon best functions on offensive teams, pairing well with setup sweepers that can wear down each other's checks. more offensive teams and pairs very well with other setup sweepers, as one can wear down the other's checks. Espathra appreciates Roaring Moon's ability to pressure opposing Steel-types, Iron Valiant can opt out of running Psyshock since Roaring Moon breaks past Clodsire for it, and Breloom can more effectively utilize its STAB moves STABs and Spore once Roaring Moon eliminates Gholdengo. Dondozo and Tera Fairy Skeledirge are major threats to Roaring Moon due to their ability to ignore its boosts with Unaware, while strong priority users like Chien-Pao, Dragonite, and Breloom can revenge kill Roaring Moon thanks to its low Defense. by attacking its low Defense. Ting-Lu can force Roaring Moon out with Whirlwind, and Choice Band Iron Hands survives a boosted Earthquake from full health and can OHKO Roaring Moon with Close Combat. Espathra can muscle past Dondozo, Skeledirge, and Iron Hands thanks to Stored Power, while Iron Valiant offers more immediate damage against the aforementioned threats and Ting-Lu due to its excellent mixed coverage. Offensive Great Tusk and Technician Breloom can help wear down Ting-Lu with their super effective STAB moves STABs, and Breloom's Technician-boosted Bullet Seed can also break past Dondozo. Grimmsnarl's ability to set up dual screens Screens allows Roaring Moon to set up multiple Dragon Dances and to survive attacks from Chien-Pao and Dragonite. Orthworm is a niche option that sets entry hazards and but also provides a slow Shed Tail to get Roaring Moon in safely behind a Substitute, allowing for much easier setup opportunities against opposing status users like Rotom-Wash and protecting it from priority moves from Chien-Pao, Dragonite, and Breloom.

[CREDITS]

autumn

only i will remain
is a Site Content Manageris a Member of Senior Staffis a Community Contributoris a Tiering Contributoris a Top Contributoris a Social Media Contributor Alumnusis a Top Smogon Media Contributor Alumnusis an Administrator Alumnusis a Battle Simulator Moderator Alumnus
C&C Leader
1/1 GP Team done
credit lunaflare for this, this was almost entirely your check so good job!
[SET]

[SET COMMENTS]
Dragon Dance Roaring Moon is one of the tier's most threatening late-game (AH) setup sweepers due to its high offensive stats, strong coverage moves, and decent bulk. Earthquake is a strong, consistent coverage option that hits Kingambit, Garganacl, Iron Hands, and Clodsire super effectively. Roost, on the other hand, gives Roaring Moon access to reliable recovery, (AC) which gives it more setup opportunities throughout the game, (RC) even if its Booster Energy is already used up. Acrobatics has fantastic coverage, as it hits Great Tusk, Iron Valiant, and Breloom super effectively. Iron Head is a viable alternative to Acrobatics, as it deals with Fairy-types like Iron Valiant and Hatterene simultaneously. (i think make it clearer that acro + tera flying and ihead + tera steel are the sets, you don't directly address that) Tera Flying removes all of Roaring Moon's baseline weaknesses bar Ice, gives giving it a resistance to Fighting- (AH) and Bug-type attacks, (AC) and a Ground immunity, and a STAB boost to Acrobatics. giving its already-powerful Acrobatics a STAB boost; (RSC/AP) Tera Steel, though more niche, allows Roaring Moon to resist Hatterene's Dazzling Gleam, (AC) as well as Chien-Pao's Ice-type attacks, Scizor's Bullet Punch, and Tera Normal Dragonite's Extreme Speed. A Jolly nature is typically run to outspeed Booster Energy Iron Valiant after a Dragon Dance, but Adamant is a decent alternative, particularly on teams that allow Roaring Moon to obtain more than one Dragon Dance boost. (RC/AP) due to a noticeable increase in power. (dex info) After a Dragon Dance, Adamant Roaring Moon can more easily OHKO defensive variants of Gholdengo and Great Tusk. secure OHKOs against Defensive Gholdengo and Defensive Great Tusk.

Dragon Dance Roaring Moon best functions on offensive teams, pairing well with setup sweepers that can wear down each other's checks. more offensive teams and pairs very well with other setup sweepers, as one can wear down the other's checks. Espathra appreciates Roaring Moon's ability to pressure opposing Steel-types, Iron Valiant can opt out of running Psyshock, (AC) since Roaring Moon breaks past Clodsire for it, and Breloom can more effectively utilize its STAB moves STABs and Spore once Roaring Moon eliminates Gholdengo. Dondozo and Tera Fairy Skeledirge are major threats to Roaring Moon due to their ability to ignore its boosts with Unaware, while strong priority users like Chien-Pao, Dragonite, and Breloom can revenge kill Roaring Moon thanks to its low Defense. by attacking its low Defense. Ting-Lu can force Roaring Moon out with Whirlwind, and Choice Band Iron Hands survives a boosted Earthquake from full health and can OHKO Roaring Moon with Close Combat. Espathra can muscle past Dondozo, Skeledirge, and Iron Hands thanks to Stored Power, while Iron Valiant offers more immediate damage against the aforementioned threats and Ting-Lu due to its excellent mixed coverage. Offensive Great Tusk and Technician Breloom can help wear down Ting-Lu with their super effective STAB moves STABs, and Breloom's Technician-boosted Bullet Seed can also break past Dondozo. Grimmsnarl's ability to set up dual screens Screens allows Roaring Moon to set up multiple Dragon Dances and to survive attacks from Chien-Pao and Dragonite. Orthworm is a niche option that sets entry hazards and but also provides a slow Shed Tail to get Roaring Moon in safely behind a Substitute, allowing for much easier setup opportunities against opposing status users like Rotom-Wash and protecting it from priority moves from Chien-Pao, Dragonite, and Breloom.

[CREDITS]

1/1 GP Team done
credit lunaflare for this, this was almost entirely your check so good job!
[SET]

[SET COMMENTS]
Dragon Dance Roaring Moon is one of the tier's most threatening late-game (AH) setup sweepers due to its high offensive stats, strong coverage moves, and decent bulk. Earthquake is a strong, consistent coverage option that hits Kingambit, Garganacl, Iron Hands, and Clodsire super effectively. Roost, on the other hand, gives Roaring Moon access to reliable recovery, (AC) which gives it more setup opportunities throughout the game, (RC) even if its Booster Energy is already used up. Acrobatics has fantastic coverage, as it hits Great Tusk, Iron Valiant, and Breloom super effectively. Iron Head is a viable alternative to Acrobatics, as it deals with Fairy-types like Iron Valiant and Hatterene simultaneously. (i think make it clearer that acro + tera flying and ihead + tera steel are the sets, you don't directly address that) Tera Flying removes all of Roaring Moon's baseline weaknesses bar Ice, gives giving it a resistance to Fighting- (AH) and Bug-type attacks, (AC) and a Ground immunity, and a STAB boost to Acrobatics. giving its already-powerful Acrobatics a STAB boost; (RSC/AP) Tera Steel, though more niche, allows Roaring Moon to resist Hatterene's Dazzling Gleam, (AC) as well as Chien-Pao's Ice-type attacks, Scizor's Bullet Punch, and Tera Normal Dragonite's Extreme Speed. A Jolly nature is typically run to outspeed Booster Energy Iron Valiant after a Dragon Dance, but Adamant is a decent alternative, particularly on teams that allow Roaring Moon to obtain more than one Dragon Dance boost. (RC/AP) due to a noticeable increase in power. (dex info) After a Dragon Dance, Adamant Roaring Moon can more easily OHKO defensive variants of Gholdengo and Great Tusk. secure OHKOs against Defensive Gholdengo and Defensive Great Tusk.

Dragon Dance Roaring Moon best functions on offensive teams, pairing well with setup sweepers that can wear down each other's checks. more offensive teams and pairs very well with other setup sweepers, as one can wear down the other's checks. Espathra appreciates Roaring Moon's ability to pressure opposing Steel-types, Iron Valiant can opt out of running Psyshock, (AC) since Roaring Moon breaks past Clodsire for it, and Breloom can more effectively utilize its STAB moves STABs and Spore once Roaring Moon eliminates Gholdengo. Dondozo and Tera Fairy Skeledirge are major threats to Roaring Moon due to their ability to ignore its boosts with Unaware, while strong priority users like Chien-Pao, Dragonite, and Breloom can revenge kill Roaring Moon thanks to its low Defense. by attacking its low Defense. Ting-Lu can force Roaring Moon out with Whirlwind, and Choice Band Iron Hands survives a boosted Earthquake from full health and can OHKO Roaring Moon with Close Combat. Espathra can muscle past Dondozo, Skeledirge, and Iron Hands thanks to Stored Power, while Iron Valiant offers more immediate damage against the aforementioned threats and Ting-Lu due to its excellent mixed coverage. Offensive Great Tusk and Technician Breloom can help wear down Ting-Lu with their super effective STAB moves STABs, and Breloom's Technician-boosted Bullet Seed can also break past Dondozo. Grimmsnarl's ability to set up dual screens Screens allows Roaring Moon to set up multiple Dragon Dances and to survive attacks from Chien-Pao and Dragonite. Orthworm is a niche option that sets entry hazards and but also provides a slow Shed Tail to get Roaring Moon in safely behind a Substitute, allowing for much easier setup opportunities against opposing status users like Rotom-Wash and protecting it from priority moves from Chien-Pao, Dragonite, and Breloom.

[CREDITS]
Took me a couple days to get back to this, but the handful more changes you recommended are now implemented!

And with this GP stamp, it appears that this is now done. Will this be retroactively updated (by myself or by someone else) if Chien-Pao gets banned after the latest Suspect Test ends, or would this be rewritten altogether?

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 0)