Resource DPP Simple Questions, Simple Answers Thread

Seel and Dewgong have Fake Out as an Egg move and can learn Aqua Jet by levelling up, which is how it can then pass both moves down to Squirtle. Sadly, there is no such combo for Aqua Jet + Mirror Coat.

Jeong

Banned deucer.
What is the general consensus on scarf Scizor these days?
It is not very common like its other versions, but that does not mean that it is not effective, especially as a lead. You can surprise things like Azelf or Starmie, who with 216 speed surpass him. That as an option, the normal thing is 244 (373) to overcome or surprise Weavile or Alakazam, although it is not seen much.

It is not very common like its other versions, but that does not mean that it is not effective, especially as a lead. You can surprise things like Azelf or Starmie, who with 216 speed surpass him. That as an option, the normal thing is 244 (373) to overcome or surprise Weavile or Alakazam, although it is not seen much.
I see, do they run u-turn as to not get torched by sash azelf? Or is the power from bug bite missed?

Le Don

La Déchéance d'un homme
is a Community Contributor
RoAPL Champion
What is the general consensus on scarf Scizor these days?
As a scarf scizor enjoyer I run uturn bugbite pursuit spower with extra backup against gyara / dnite ( suicune / priorities etc ). Bug Bite is good to get impotant KOs on stuff like defensive Starmie / Latias. As for the spread I run 32 252 224+ just to outspeed DD Tar. Ofc the surprise factor is important, I'm sure it can work well in tours but not on ladder lol cause once they know, it can be harder to win.
I like to use it in skarm HOs; good synergy with Specs Rotom. I didn't explore it in other structures; I should maybe.
Some exemples :

https://pokepast.es/b82ba6c6f6102a90 ----> I didn't use it for big tours but it had really good results on ladder and for " little " discord tours
https://pokepast.es/b19f966674273714 ----> I used it for RoAPL, pretty much a troll team but optimized

As a scarf scizor enjoyer I run uturn bugbite pursuit spower with extra backup against gyara / dnite ( suicune / priorities etc ). Bug Bite is good to get impotant KOs on stuff like defensive Starmie / Latias. As for the spread I run 32 252 224+ just to outspeed DD Tar. Ofc the surprise factor is important, I'm sure it can work well in tours but not on ladder lol cause once they know, it can be harder to win.
I like to use it in skarm HOs; good synergy with Specs Rotom. I didn't explore it in other structures; I should maybe.
Some exemples :

https://pokepast.es/b82ba6c6f6102a90 ----> I didn't use it for big tours but it had really good results on ladder and for " little " discord tours
https://pokepast.es/b19f966674273714 ----> I used it for RoAPL, pretty much a troll team but optimized
Awesome, thanks for including some pastes with context, I've never played dpp and would love to give it a try, even if it's not the best on ladder.

I barely see it. I like alt sets and ideas, but I suspect the majority of the reason to run scarf scizor is for surprise factor. Once they know you have it, its probably kind of bad.
yea that's kinda the consensus I'm hearing. Plus it does feel ironic to run scarf on one of the best priority mons of all time

Why can't rachi + iron head be banned when other old gens have comparable bans? Gen 3 OU banned Smeargle + Ingrain for example
Good question but for the wrong reason. Ingrain + Smeargle is a very complex Ban. Ingrain is only broken with Baton Pass, Smeargle just happens to be the only Mon (before Bellosom in Gen 8) who has both moves. Therefore, the Ban should be either Ingrain + BP, Smeargle or full Baton Pass. Probably not the right thread for it, though, this is DPP.

Why can't rachi + iron head be banned when other old gens have comparable bans? Gen 3 OU banned Smeargle + Ingrain for example
Rachi + Iron Head is a complex ban, which Smogon doesn't really like. This is why when they recently took action on Snow Cloak, they decided to ban it entirely as opposed to doing a ban of Snow Cloak in combination with Snow Warning.
Even then...I feel like the precedents that any action on Rachi would set are less desirable than whatever way the meta would shift (be it good or bad) in the absence of a part (or all) of what makes Rachi the way it is. Even then, Gyara's wfall is way more of a threat, and it often only needs to land 1 flinch to win as opposed to Rachi where it needs to land like 7 in a row.

Why is Clefable's ladder usage relatively low vs its viability ranking?

Based on February stats:
BaselineUsageRank
09.08%25th
150010.66%24th
16308.65%25th
176012.73%21st

Why is Clefable's ladder usage relatively low vs its viability ranking?

Based on February stats:
BaselineUsageRank
09.08%25th
150010.66%24th
16308.65%25th
176012.73%21st

It fits on slower paced teams like stall and some balance, but doesn't fit on offence very well. So its usage is limited by how many teams can fit it.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 2, Guests: 0)