Tournaments DPP PL - Semifinals

vani

This is the way.
is a Forum Moderatoris a Tiering Contributoris a Dedicated Tournament Hostis a Community Contributor Alumnusis a Contributor Alumnusis a Battle Simulator Staff Alumnus

Art by Meganium1579

Spreadsheet

Welcome to the semifinals of the inaugural DPP Premier League! All standard tournament rules apply! Good luck to all players!

Matchups

:dp/buizel: Dewford Beach Buizels (5) vs (5) Lucky Lucarios :dp/lucario:

DPP Ubers: Fc vs steelskitty
DPP Ubers: col49 vs Zayele
DPP OU: Kristyl vs mbh
DPP OU: watashi vs mael
DPP OU: mncmt vs Fakes
DPP UU: Ark vs M Dragon
DPP UU: avarice vs esche
DPP NU: Donphantastic vs DnB
DPP PU: tlenit vs zS
DPP LC: London13 vs kjdaas

All matches are best-of-one and replays must be posted in this thread.

Deadline: Sunday, July 11th, 11:59 PM GMT -4

Last edited:
I'm looking forward to these three:

DPP Ubers: Fc 45-55 steelskitty - the opposite of their week one game, in which but I think this is it based on how the rest of the tour has gone. steel's good defensive cores paired with bursts of offense are effective and set up situations for a fast cleaner nicely. fc will need to depart from the straightforward bulky offense approach and actively attempt to disrupt this modus operandi or things could go south fast. expecting steel to pull out a surprise or two to good effect, adding another layer of danger to an already-solid style of team. that said, fc has proven adept at taking advantage of lapses in execution, so I think the play will be most important here. (let's leave the mewpass out of this, please.)

DPP Ubers: col49 55-45 Zayele - zayele runs some really interesting offensively-leaning teams with nice backbones and I expect him to craft something sufficiently offbeat yet dangerous, specifically tailored towards the hazard-heavy approaches present in this slot so far. however, despite the lower level of meta-specific knowledge, col's overall pokemon skill is top-tier, and as long as the team choice from whoever has some awareness behind it, I think that will be decisive. that said, I definitely wouldn't be surprised if zayele was able to pull off some sort of surprise. (I wonder if col has yet learned that giratina-o does, in fact, sometimes run +speed.)

DPP UU: Ark 40-60 M Dragon - ark likes his ambitious, more balanced ideas; m dragon plays it straight and aggressive. it's an interesting clash, and ark may definitely be able to gain a significant advantage with an unexpected set (such as when accel pulled out the lead entei). however, mdrag has a sizable playing advantage and can quickly adapt to being caught temporarily off-guard, so the surprise is going to really have to carry or the execution is going to have to step up if this gap is going to be closed.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 0)