DPP PL II - Finals [Won by Lucky Lucarios]

GGs to Regis, wanna give shoutout to them for how amazing of a tour they have had, it came down so close to the wire in the end. Colteor / RATM you both have really impressed me.

And of course, thanks and shoutouts to everyone on Lukes (especially also all the helpers!!) for a great tour and win in the end, y'all have been great and it's thanks to all of you. Crazy how we won out in the end when it was so close each time, to get poffs but even bigger being 1-5 down in finals to win it, amazing!!! Very happy to have won my fav tour on this site

See you all next year

To the bored forum viewers reading this half-asleep or on the john:

Hey, I'm camsill19 aka Desperately Needs A Smogon Name Change. I wanted to make a post to talk about my experience managing for the first time, and what I thought made us successful, as well as thank some people. This tour was probably my best experience on Smogon since I started here, I can't express enough how much I appreciate the people I got to work with. And I look forward to continuing to manage tours from here on out, this is leagues better than actually playing the game imo.

[tl;dr I fuckin love the guys I worked with for this tour. This entire post is me being self-indulgent and gassing up a bunch of my friends from this tour, so please excuse the wordiness]

Going into the draft alongside my good pal Colteor, we both agreed on a few things that we wanted our team to have:
Versatility - people that could move around in slots if needed, as well as overlaps in support so that we could refine the brings each week as much as possible
Activity - dead teamchats fucking suck man. So we made sure to value some people even more highly than we otherwise would just because we could guarantee that they'd have a bunch of lines by the end of the season
Cohesion - we basically set up a "core" for our draft of people that had worked together well in the past, basing it off of our retain (Johnnyg2) and some close friends that we were planning on bringing in so that we could see as much back and forth in prep and general conversation as possible

I honestly was very happy with our efforts on all three of these fronts. Our server was active, friendly, and helpful to each other. And we managed to draft under these constraints and still end up with a very scary team in play, I'm still hella proud of the things the team got done this tour. Even though we lost in the end, like I already told the team, I'd do this over again in a heartbeat. Seriously an amazing experience.

Congratulations to Tomahawk and Emeral for your guys' performance, you drafted and managed a hell of a team. I was worried going into both of our series moreso than any other this tour, and it turns out I was right to worry. Make sure you keep the throne nice and polished for when we come back for it next year ;)

Anyway now I wanna thank some people, obviously I endlessly appreciate everyone who was on our team and/or in our chat, but I don't want to bog this down with 30 shoutouts. So if you're not mentioned don't take it personally, still love y'all.

Colteor - Gotta give props for the co-manager first. I don't think there was a better person I could have worked with for this than you, having someone who's levelheaded like you is very helpful for someone who makes decisions more impulsively (like trying to push bids for Jirachee over 20k in auction) like myself. And even though you know, let's be honest, next to nothing about DPP, I'm still glad you were around to help whenever needed

johnnyg2 - I mean what the hell can I say here? You were unquestionably the mvp across the entire tour, we were lucky as shit to have you as a retain. Turning it around from 0-4 on the worst team to undefeated and carrying the #1 seed to finals is nuts. And your support was invaluable, our Ubers core was the most successful and unquestionably the best thanks mostly to your work (not to snub robjr, you were awesome all season too man), not to mention a bunch of OU help and being probably the nicest dude on this website. Can't thank you enough for the help you provided.

SuperEpicAmpharos and RealJester - Most of what I have to say about one of you can be applied to both here. Colt and I were lucky as managers to have you two in this tour. Getting to draft people who are not only two of my closest friends on the site, but also great players who performed every time it was needed was incredible. You also both were hella important for our planning pre-season.
I shamelessly aped SEA's draft approach from his ADVPL team of drafting Heysup (the best general lower tier support possible) plus a couple of primary prep carries for the other tiers alongside cheap buys that benefit from amazing support all across the board.
Jester was practically a third manager in the leadup to the draft, helping out with our open tryouts and giving us his opinions on various picks in the pool, as well as generally being the number one person I talk about life with these days. Seriously man, can't overstate how much you do for me as someone whose face I still haven't even seen lmao. Lots of love to both of you, I look forward to hopefully getting this same core together for many future tours.

Pideous - Not gonna lie, I didn't expect you to be as incredible of a draft as you were. You took on the bulk of our OU prep and did, I think, an awesome job. You had some of the most participation in the server and you were always great to talk with. I'm glad I got to know you over this tour bro. It's only a matter of time before you start really getting your dues in DPP, and I can't wait to see it.

hariyana grande - You really should have been a full-time UU slot man man. 4k was an absolute fucking steal for a player as good as you, and you proved to be an essential member of the group in every other way imaginable too (just checked, you actually had the most lines in the server besides me lmao). You 1000% have some great shit ahead of you in mons if you keep after it. I look forward to running this back with you next year.

hellpowna - God damn man you had so much team spirit in this tour. You might have been a more appropriate mascot for us than Regirock. Your enthusiasm is endlessly contagious and I had a ton of fun having you on the team.

BluBirD Xrn eden Jirachee Monai - I would have gladly teamed with any one of you for this. And though it didn't work out this time around, it was still an absolute pleasure to have each one of you around the chat.

And that'll wrap up my novel of a post, because I've already gone on for entirely too long. If you're still reading for some reason you're probably either already a friend or you need to go outside or read a book or something.

:REGIS:

pinorska

Banned deucer.
There are a few regis I'd like to give shout-outs to as well,
neomon and 16bit pulled huge wins for our lower tiers in finals and put in a lot of work throughout the tour
Estarossa gave tests to our pu slot and stuck around despite a hard season start
Raptor BIG WILL j3b4it33d Ravenna rounded out our OU building and playing with a ton of solid wins. Expect big things from them.

This was my first major PL as a player and it was a treat to work with the regis. I gave it my all as a support slot.
GL in BWPL Colteor RageAgainstTheMagearna and to all in future tours.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 0)