OU DPP OU Teambuilding Competition

Spr 4h 248.png File:Spr 4p 380.png Spr 4p 462.png 1635371855418.png Spr 4p 472.png Spr 4h 227.png

Tyranitar is the lead of this team as it can pressure a shit ton of pokemon with its All-Purpose set, specifically threatening starmie when they want to spin away the spikes and stealth rocks that greatly help latias and lucario, as well as with passho it can help in the rain matchup. Latias is the main pokemon that is built around here, provides the team with nukes to open holes into the opponent's team to help lucario sweep late game, especially with trick it can make something set up fother like forretress, skarmory, and other defensive pokemon which lucario takes advantage of easily. Magnezone traps heatran, metagross, and sp. def skarmory and helps pick off weakened scizor and bronzong for latias to go ham. Provides emergency set up detterent in scarf t wave, and boom which helps them being easy to pick off. Gliscor and skarmory form the defensive backbone as the team had no fighting resist, a consistent electric resist, and something against dragon dance dragonite. Skarmory provides spikes which are heplful for latias and lucario to clean up late game or punch holes. Gliscor is using stallbreaker as to pressure defensive walls into switching out and taking even more hazards. This team basically sets up latias for late game and or takes advantage of the holes being broken via hazard stacking, lucario in the end game, or pursuit support to allow spikes to keep up for itself to doing what it needs to do throught a match

Jeong

Banned deucer.

https://pokepast.es/4f1e62280427f4f2

Latias is the mon of this round and the truth is that he gives a lot of play when creating a good team, each strategy or style. Modest Specs for more power + Sleep aka Spore Loom. In my case I have chosen something offensive (maybe too much) for this occasion. My idea was the Heatran - Gengar core with the innovation of wearing a double Wide Lens with Magma + Hypnosis. Gengar's evs are to fit Starmie Hydro not LO or Specs after SR damage. 40 on Atk for Blissey for example. Finally all that is left over at SpA (136) where he can eliminate bulky Starmie with SBall after SR. At first the idea with Heatran was with Passho Berry, but it does not make much sense as it does not have HP Grass, since it takes SR instead and I find WLens very fun to use although it depends a lot on luck. Kingdra + Empo is an offensive core water that I love, they can even take advantage of both Kingdra's DR. DD Ttar at first was with Lum Berry on my mind, but I left it Chople as I consider that the team can be somewhat weak to things like Gengar. The only option is a tie with my Gengar for example, but I have the support of the Chople Berry for that specific moment. Those evs allow me to hold BP from Scizor CB or LO (50% with SR) and finish off with FPunch.

Last edited:
https://pokepast.es/947a85466edbe7e9

The idea of the team is to put hazards quickly with skarm so that latias makes big damage and allows to two-shot most of ttar with two dm's.

Rotom wisp is to threaten gyara to flee and burn ttar. Once ttar is burned, jirachi cm, latias and rotom can be very threatening. Trick is to block a pokémon on an attack to give a free dd to ttar

- 8hp on ttar allows to hold 3 seismic toss from clef - lum berry is to not be burned by rotom which can be threatening, for tspikes, etc

- For rotom, I consider it only necessary to be able to outspeed empo at +2.

https://pokepast.es/6b5e336a105ac92a

Specs Latias + Band Flygon and Trick ball boomer Gross pressure steels (Latias also weakens Ttar) so Abomasnow can sweep. Usually Obama is paired with Zone, but on this team Zone was only useful for Skarm, otherwise it was just deadweight- the others apply enough pressure on the prominent steels in the tier + Ttar for snow guy to sweep anyway. Lum Azelf in the back for rocks and useful boom, Scarf Heatran as revenge killer and third explosion user. Enjoy.

Last edited:

Kristyl

is a Forum Moderatoris a Community Contributor
This Week is another tie between Kiry4n and johnnyg2 their teams are here:

Kiry4n: https://pokepast.es/4f1e62280427f4f2
johnngy2: https://pokepast.es/33f28b8cc5060755

Congratulations both!

This Week is going to be ghost types! might be a bit late on this theme.

1636421121250.png
1636421133789.png
1636421140546.png

Feel free to use any ghost type you want and you could even try pairing them together if you'd like. Deadline is next Monday at 8pm GMT-5. Good luck and have fun building everyone!

Pideous

World Defender
:Skarmory: :Empoleon: :Gengar: :Rotom-Heat: :Flygon: :Breloom:

So this isn't anything too crazy, just some ghost spam spikes offence, but this is a style I'm quite fond of. Some stuff to comment on - mach loom pairs nicely with scarf rotom to cover gyara, dnite and ttar, as ddtar especially can be very scary to this kind of team. Empoleon works well with skarm to get hazards up, and is great as a very threatening poke with nice defensive qualities (water resist is quite key on this squad). That pair is very weak to electrics, especially zone, so shed shell is chosen on skarm to get a free switch into mixgon and turn the momentum around. Mixgon w skarm is classic, covers both of skarms weaknesses and threatens death with spikes down. Speaking of, subsplit gengar is not the most popular, as rachi makes wisp seem very necessary on a lot of teams, but here with spikes to push through it, subsplit gar can be a real menace. Nice to have sub when scarftar is around, since you can sub on a sac and get a great position against the teams which rely on it to limit gar. Scarf rotom has overheat, since wisping tar isn't that important for this squad and the instant answer to stuff like luc, meta and loom can be valuable (also misses less than wisp). Very offensive team with some defensive holes, but maintaining great hazard resilience and decent longevity to make the most of hazards. Happy halloween?

16bit

What does your soul look like?
is a Forum Moderatoris a Community Contributor

https://pokepast.es/9bb683b501b5a932

I wanted to build Gengar + Camerupt + Superrachi due to the stacking of powerful special attacks, with the utility of Camerupt boom and dealing with heatran helping open up for those two. Skarmory serves as both your draco meteor switch in and spikes can do so much work due to gengar and rachi forcing switches. Suicune helps stack more special attacks to overwhelm special walls whilist also serving as a solid water resist (primarily for the purpose of checking gyara), and Breloom helps to gain momentum on bulky pert/clef structures. EVs on Breloom are to live +2 LO Ada Lucario espeed and the speed is to help check SD emp and Ada tar. Team is great into bulkier structures but struggles into more offensive structures if Suicune and Skarmory are chipped (struggles w/ offensively oriented Magnezone teams especially so for this reason) but should give you the tools to outplay the majority of structures.

This team uses a bulky FWG core to give the necessary backbone for a combination that I was eager to use without resorting to Sdef skarm-mixgon-offensive steel-milo type of team: scarftar + 330 speed wisp gar.

Gengar @ Black Sludge
Ability: Levitate
EVs: 136 HP / 196 SpA / 176 Spe
Timid Nature
IVs: 0 Atk
- Taunt
- Will-O-Wisp
- Shadow Ball
- Focus Blast​

What I typically reproach to black sludge gengar is either:
  • Its lack of bulk against jirachi/starmie and burned physical attackers.
0 Atk Jirachi Iron Head vs. 0 HP / 0 Def Gengar: 130-154 (49.8 - 59%) -- guaranteed 2HKO after Stealth Rock and Black Sludge recovery
0 Atk Jirachi Iron Head vs. 80 HP / 0 Def Gengar: 130-154 (46.2 - 54.8%) -- 98.8% chance to 2HKO after Stealth Rock and Black Sludge recovery

252 SpA Starmie Hydro Pump vs. 0 HP / 0 SpD Gengar: 208-246 (79.6 - 94.2%) -- 43.8% chance to OHKO after Stealth Rock
252 SpA Starmie Hydro Pump vs. 80 HP / 0 SpD Gengar: 208-246 (74 - 87.5%) -- 6.3% chance to OHKO after Stealth Rock

Here your wisp/spinblock comes at a high cost

• Its lack of punch vs special walls in tyranitar, heatran and clefable:

176 SpA Gengar Focus Blast vs. 180 HP / 0 SpD Tyranitar in Sand: 332-392 (86 - 101.5%) -- 87.5% chance to OHKO after Stealth Rock
Kinda dicy.. This isn't even specially defensive invested

4 SpA Heatran Lava Plume vs. 80 HP / 0 SpD Gengar: 138-163 (49.1 - 58%) -- guaranteed 2HKO after Stealth Rock and Black Sludge recovery
176 SpA Gengar Focus Blast vs. 252 HP / 252+ SpD Heatran: 172-204 (44.5 - 52.8%) -- 82.4% chance to 2HKO after Stealth Rock and Leftovers recovery

This gengar set is allowed to get the necessary EVs to do both more effectively:
196 SpA Gengar Focus Blast vs. 180 HP / 0 SpD Tyranitar in Sand: 340-400 (88 - 103.6%) -- guaranteed OHKO after Stealth Rock

252 SpA Starmie Hydro Pump vs. 136 HP / 0 SpD Gengar: 208-246 (70.5 - 83.3%) -- guaranteed 2HKO after Stealth Rock and Black Sludge recovery
Guaranteed to survive and some chances to survive through sand.
The improved bulk allow additional sr switchins that typical sludge gar couldnt do as easily.

These small additions make a noticeable impact for Gengar who has below average base stats. This allows him to spread more burns and potential KOs. Such thing was made possible by the use of strong anti-gengar and latias mesures in Scarf Tyranitar + Jirachi (and heatran to a lesser extend here), removing the need to speed tie with them.
In this team, wisp Gengar + Life orb Heatran supported by Tyranitar's trapping set up a path for Superachi to sweep the opposing team by removing potential checks such as clefable, defensive latias and swampert. Previously mentioned pokemons are not appreciated by the physical backbone of this team in Celebi + Swampert, who allow a great matchup vs setup spam.
Despite the team being pretty hazard weak, the offensive combination of the team is well equiped to punish Skarmory and roserade. It competed fine against fair amount of meta teams during tests and could be used for further explorations of this (I'll admit) old style of build.

Jirachee

phoenix reborn
is a Forum Moderatoris a Tiering Contributoris a Top Tutor Alumnusis a Tournament Director Alumnusis a Top Team Rater Alumnusis a Senior Staff Member Alumnusis a Community Contributor Alumnusis a Dedicated Tournament Host Alumnus

You wanted Ghost types? Here's a team with three of them.

Froslass is an insanely bad lead, losing key matchups like Machamp and Metagross pretty badly. But at least, with that set, you can get a layer of Spikes down and then break the potential Sash with Ice Shard.

The rest of the team is set up so you have a series of follow up plays after what happens in the lead matchup. Now, Froslass is pretty reliable at two things:
1) Getting ONE layer of Spikes
2) Being knocked out of the game by the second move your opponent uses.

With that in mind, we can choose to do whatever we want to next. Thanks to Ice Shard breaking the Sash, we're doing away with any nasty surprise. For example, if the opponent brings Machamp and knocks Froslass out, you can send Dragonite in and threaten to knock the champ out. Being at a 5-6 disadvantage early is a bad situation, but so is trying to switch into a full health MixNite with a Spike down. That's just miserable.

Specs Rotom trucks Metagross while being immune to Explosion, which is nice. Trying to switch into it with a Spike down is also no easy task, although you'll need to immediately take advantage of an incoming Clefable by getting Stealth Rock up and threatening to explode with Heatran.

This team would have a pretty hard time winning any game if the opponent could easily spin its hazards away. Having three Ghost types ensure that it's pretty hard to do so; especially since Scarf Gengar can sacrifice itself to ensure they stay up. That's the main advantage of using it over any other scarfer here; it also works pretty well as a complement to Specs Rotom which should open up late game opportunities for it to become really threatening.

SD Lucario is pretty good here, taking advantage of Tyranitar and his many friends who enjoy chasing Ghost type Pokemon. The extra priority offered by LO Extremespeed also helps soak up a few weaknesses to frail offensive sweepers that might threaten this very aggressive team.

For an offensive team, it's pretty resilient to Jirachi's Iron Head, as Dragonite and Lucario are immune to its flinching effects. Heatran and Rotom also resist it and threaten to hit it hard.

:toast:

:Jirachi: :Suicune: :Breloom: :Rotom-Wash::Latias: :Heatran:

https://pokepast.es/cbe885121243aca4

Hello everyone, this is my first team that I will share here, and for my part I chose rotom.

I will start by explaining the function of this equipment and the reason for the sets of most of these.
First we have Jirachi who in general is a good lead who fits well in the team as well as helping against threats like gengar and serving as a rocker.

Then we have Suicune with the offensive set that is mainly to help finish off Pokémon that are normally very damaged or go into a turn to boosted and try to cause damage, from there Breloom follows with a defensive set that can help mostly to reduce a part of the weakness of the team vs Tyranitar dd, the latter holding both an ice punch or fire punch and counterattacking with force palm, I will briefly explain the function of rotom that, in this case, will help vs a threat that may annoy the team an example this is lucario, and it also serves as speed control.

To almost finish we have latias specs, who is a good partner with rotom with that having 2 fight resist and at the same time the latter presses heavily on normally late game or when required, finally this heatran which is for common things like jirachi, scizor and skarmory in addition to that with this set it is able to attack more things such as suicune and swampert, with the help of pasho berry holding at least one of the aforementioned water-type attacks.

Last edited:
:</p><p>Tyranitar: :</p><p>Infernape: :</p><p>Rotom-Wash: :</p><p>Empoleon: :</p><p>Roserade: :</p><p>Scizor:

https://pokepast.es/b9068c56d8c28ae8

This team is one that've I've been working on for about 3-4 months now, but I thought I'd enter it since It qualifies for the competition, some of the most important additions to the team were made in the last week or so, and the ghost type on it is one of the most important mons on the team.

Scarf Rotom gives the team a switch in to fighting moves, a generally great revenge killer, and a way to hold hazards against starmie, forretress or the uncommon tentacruel trying to spin away Roserade's spikes. Alongside helping to hold hazards, perhaps the most important thing Rotom does is helping the team ward off the dangerous DD Gyarados, as it can outspeed it even if it dd's and ohko it with thunderbolt. Even if it is holding a wacan berry, this is still immensely helpful because it will still be weakened to the point where something like scizor's bullet punch can pick it off and it is no longer a check to the team. I chose to have both HP ice and hydro pump on here and to drop shadow ball. Hydro being able to actually pressure tyranitar is something I found almost too good to pass up (good luck trying to do meaningfull damage to most tyranitar with thunderbolt), and it also is great against things like hippowdon and heatran that might otherwise not care about it much. Rotom can also help check lucario (if it lacks crunch) and scizor in a pinch, and (if something else on my team is slept, like my sleep talk roserade) it can even come in to break sub punch breloom's substitute and weaken it with hidden power ice.

Speaking of which..
Scizor provides the team with a powerful late game cleaner, a way to catch gengar (rotoms tbolt doesnt ohko gar from full), scarf flygon, and boosted dd dragonite, and a dragon resist. I chose offensive life orb SD scizor since the bulky version is pretty much required to run roost. The bulky version isn't bad, but I find that scizor wants bug and fighting coverage simultaneously and struggles without both. Without bug bite it loses to starmie, and without super power or the uncommon brick break it loses to heatran and steels (bar bronzong) in general. I also like the life orb set's immediate power.

I was originally using swampert in empoleon's slot, but I added empoleon because pert made my team too weak to breloom. Empoleon isn't much better in that regard, but i find it doesn't let loom in for free either. Unlike with Ice beam from empoleon, swampert's ice punch will never ohko breloom. Empoleon's steel typing also gave my team a solid check to kingdra, and with shuca it can act as a lure to dnite, gliscor and flygon who may come in and try to earthquake it, only to watch in horror as empoleon survives with shuca berry and ohko's them back with ice beam. It also has grass knot, making it better against opposing water types than swampert, and its hydro pump is incredibly strong.

I originally had tyranitar as a dragon dance sweeper and empoleon as my stealth rock lead, but recently I switched it to the other way around; now ttar is my lead and emp is my sweeper. Tyranitar I wanted to check heatran, rotom, and psychics like starmie and latias that trouble infernape. I took the standard utility tyranitar spread, and took the spa evs and dumped them into special defense to make tyranitar more sturdy against the three main pokemon I needed it to deal with; rotom-a, latias and starmie. I took the set from Vay's sample team, as it lets tyranitar ohko tran and smack opposing ttar hard, it gives it reliable stab move, pursuit to trap psychics and ghosts, and the ever-so important stealth rock. I love custap berry for utility ttar for getting off a last ditch attack, acting as a lure to starmie and lati that might use a water move to pick off ttar at low health, only to get crunched and either taken down or severely weakened.

Roserade was my lead in the first version of this team, but now that it's not I probably should use something else over focus sash, like Black sludge. For the last few months though, I've kept it, and it's overall been ok on rade. It can help rade stay in against something like an agility boosted metagross and chip it with hp fire into range of something like my rotom's thunderbolt. But that isn't rade's main job. it's main job is absorbing poison and setting spikes for it's teammates to abuse, and its also decent into water types. I gave it sleep talk because my team lacked a sleep absorber for breloom, and since roserade resists both of brelooms stabs and is an otherwise solid check to it, it made for a good 4th move. Sleep powder is illegal alongside spikes anyway, so it's not really a loss.

And Finally, the mon that made me want to build this team in the first place.

Infernape's viability is at an all time low right now, but when I do want to use infernape, choice band is probably my favorite option. It gives ape a massive power boost while also not wearing it down like life orb does. Close combat is here as a strong fighting stab move and to hit usual ape targets like ttar, heatran and the like. flare blitz's recoil is massive, but its power is explosive, being able to land 2hko's on even resists after hazards. It even can ohko impish jirachi, and with stealth rock the ohko is guaranteed. U-turn is amazing for gaining momentum and hitting starmie and latias, and mach punch lets it revenge kill dd tar and sd lucario in a pinch. with just stealth rock, dd tar dies to mach punch, and lucario doesn't take much chip damage either. As a whole, nothing is scarier to switch into with hazards down than infernape. Just Cb makes its power monstrous, but hazards pushes that power to obscene levels. to show some calcs...

252 Atk Choice Band Infernape Flare Blitz vs. 240 HP / 160+ Def Jirachi: 392-464 (97.7 - 115.7%) -- guaranteed OHKO after Stealth Rock

252 Atk Choice Band Infernape Close Combat vs. 0 HP / 0 Def Latias: 137-162 (45.5 - 53.8%) -- guaranteed 2HKO after Stealth Rock

As for it's strengths, I've found the team to be quite good vs rose tran balance teams. once rotom and latias are out of the picture, which is easy to achieve with tyranitar, the remaining team members are utterly terrified of ape, emp and scizor. clef stall also has a lot of trouble vs this team, since mie gets wrecked by ttar, clef gets demolished by ape and sciz, hippo is terrified of emp (especially with shuca preventing eq from taking it down) and rade, etc. Ho also can be troubled by the team once gyarados is out of the picture.

As for it's weaknesses, the team is very loom weak, and scarf rotom can be annoying if tyranitar dies before it can pursuit it. ironically, it also is weak to opposing infernape, but that is on the rarer side these days. lucario can also be a problem if ape and rotom go down. Gyarados is perhaps the biggest threat, as rotom is the only safe answer to it, and even rotom doesn't want to get hit by gyara more than once or so. If gyara can get 2 boosts, it sometimes will sweep through the team within just a few turns, but as long as I can get rotom in to kill it, or I can weaken it with rade and finish it off with scizor, then my team can handle it

Overall, this team isn't spectacular by any means, but it is one that I've put my heart and soul into and one I've had decent success with (its gotten one of my alts to the 1500's, and another one to the 1400's). The ghost type on it may not be the pokemon the team is centered around, but its one of the most important pokemon on the team.

Last edited:

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 2, Guests: 0)