Gen 4 [DPP OU] Iron Marines

For you, is Scarf Magneton better than Scarf Magnezone ?

• Yes

Votes: 17 39.5%
  • No

Votes: 15 34.9%
  • Yes and no, other opinion ( tell me ! )

Votes: 11 25.6%

• Total voters

Le Don

La Déchéance d'un homme
is a Community Contributor
RoAPL Champion
Iron marines logo.png

Breloom DPP.png
Mamoswine HGSS.png
Magneton HGSS.png
Metagross DPP HGSS.png
Tyranitar Shiny DPP Front.png
Latias HGSS.png

Hi people, it has been a long time since my last RMT and I'm still in love with DPP OU.
I wanted to share this team based on lead Breloom + Mamoswine + Magneton, 3 pokemons that I really like using atm : I'm the biggest fan of Focus Sash Breloom lead because it puts huge early pressure thanks to Spore + Focus Punch, Mamoswine is a very strong and underrated pokemon pressuring a lot of teams and Magneton is a compressed role of a scarfer outspeeding +1 Dragonite, Gyarados and Tyranitar and of a pokemon able to trap Skarmory. I like so much Sash Breloom that I used it a lot of times recently and I also used a very similar team against HODOR for DPPPL here. I made it in May 2022 when I was building around Mamoswine. It became my favorite team and very quickly my main ladder team helping me or one of my friend to get some DPP ladder achievements ( I posted it in the DPP ladder achievements thread ) while having success in some tournaments. The goal of the team is to remove or weaken anything that prevents the sweep of my Dragon Dance Tyranitar aka the ( imo ) best sweeper in the tier, and clean the game with it. That being said, let's get into my 200th post ! ( pls listen to the music below it is important :toast: )

Teambuilding process :

Mamoswine aka Swagoswine aka Mamoswag : Very high atk stat, STAB Earthquake, priority move, Knock Off to remove Leftovers or Shed Shell, Ice type that is not weak to rocks, Electric immu, good bulk overall etc etc Mamo is just powerful, forcing damages on Steel types and Water types. Sadly it absolutly need trap support because it cannot beat Skarmory solo.

Mamoswine HGSS.png

Mamoswine + Magneton : One of the biggest problem of Mamoswine is that it's a setup folder for Gyarados. At beginning, I had Mamoswine + Magnezone with a Scarf Latias in the back. It was fine but I wanted to try something different, I wanted to reverse the roles so I tried Magneton over Magnezone to compress the role of scarfer and trapper giving me a free slot for another pokemon. Now I need a Fire / Fighting / Water resist.

Mamoswine HGSS.png
Magneton HGSS.png

Mamoswine + Magneton + Latias : Who else for this role ? Latias is so good, it has everything that this core need : it has useful resists, Ground immu, it's able to force damages on Steel types that are not trappable by Magneton like Metagross or Bronzong and just overall it adds an enormous offensive pressure with Draco Meteor boosted by Choice Specs. Now we need rocks and a second Steel type because Magneton is not a switch in to Draco Meteor and Jirachi is annoying.

Mamoswine HGSS.pngMagneton HGSS.pngLatias HGSS.png

Mamoswine + Magneton + Latias + Metagross : Metagross is insane, rocks, high atk stat, very good bulk, Explosion. It checks very well Jirachi, Tyranitar, Latias and Gengar. Now I need a second Water check and physical attacker.

Mamoswine HGSS.pngMagneton HGSS.pngLatias HGSS.pngMetagross DPP HGSS.png

Mamoswine + Magneton + Latias + Metagross + Breloom : It easily came to my mind tbh. Breloom is also a Water resist and it pressures well mons like Swampert. Spore adds more offensive pressure. Now I need a wincondition, something that benefits of this 5.

Mamoswine HGSS.pngMagneton HGSS.pngLatias HGSS.pngMetagross DPP HGSS.pngBreloom DPP.png

Mamoswine + Magneton + Latias + Metagross + Breloom + Tyranitar : I had 2 choices : Gyarados or Tyranitar. I prefer Tyranitar for many reasons. Tyranitar is not weak to rocks, is better vs Gengar / Rotom and benefits perfectly from the rest of the team.

Mamoswine HGSS.pngMagneton HGSS.pngLatias HGSS.pngMetagross DPP HGSS.pngBreloom DPP.pngTyranitar Shiny DPP Front.png

Now I have to choose the lead. I wanted to try Sash Breloom so I decided to give it a try and I never reconsidered my decision. Sash Breloom is so good, it has decent matchup against Swampert, Hippodown, Tyranitar etc and thx to the Focus Sash it can Spore pokemons like Heatran / Latias etc which is awesome and sleeping pokemon = setup folder. And this is the final result.

Breloom DPP.pngMamoswine HGSS.pngMagneton HGSS.pngMetagross DPP HGSS.pngTyranitar Shiny DPP Front.pngLatias HGSS.png

A closer look to the team :

" Fire at will ! "

Breloom DPP.png
Ranger.pngBreloom @ Focus SashMindbane.png
Ability: Effect Spore
EVs: 252 Atk / 4 SpD / 252 Spe
Jolly Nature
- Spore
- Focus Punch
- Seed Bomb

- Stun Spore

• The lead. Focus Sash Breloom is able to Spore almost any lead. Then you have many choices : you can Focus Punch ( if you slept a Metagross lead for exemple ), you can Stun Spore hoping to paralyse a Gengar / Latias / Jirachi etc or you can double switch on your Metagross to get rocks up.​
  • Focus Sash allows you to lure the Scarf vs slower leads like Hippodown or Swampert or if opp switched out.​
  • Jolly is imo way better than Adamant, outspeeding Dragonite, Gyarados, most of the Zapdos leads, Modest Heatran etc is important to : keep the Focus Sash and not die from sand.​
  • Stun Spore adds Speed Control and a very effective way to punish Gengar / Latias ( especially the first one ) allowing Mamoswine / Metagross to outspeed them.​
  • Effect Spore is cool and better than Poison Heal here : if you're lucky you can get a para on a Scarf Flygon U-Turning on Breloom.​
  • Options : Mach Punch > Stun Spore.​

" It's like a Yeti had a baby with a Teddy Bear ... "

Mamoswine HGSS.png
Warrior.pngMamoswine @ LeftoversGrimcrusher.png
Ability: Oblivious
EVs: 24 HP / 224 Atk / 28 Def / 232 Spe
Adamant Nature
- Substitute
- Earthquake
- Ice Shard
- Knock Off

• The first physical attacker of the team. Mamoswine pressures very well defensive cores thanks to the combination of Earthquake + Knock Off. Earthquake does decent damages to pokemons like Swampert or Milotic while Knock Off shut down Leftovers of waters, Rotom, Gengar etc preparing the Tyranitar sweep.​
  • With Knock Off you can also remove the Shed Shell on Skarmory allowing you to trap it and not autolose vs it.​
  • Ice Shard allows you to revenge kill Dragonite / Flygon.​
  • Substitute is one of the best move on Mamoswine combined to Spore, allowing you to Sub on a slept pokemon or an Electric type locked into Thunderbolt or a mono attacker Rotom with only Thunderbolt as STAB. And ofc you can Sub vs Flygon for example because it's normally never going to stay.​
  • Leftovers for more longevity and also because of Sub.​
  • The spread ( iirc ) allows you to outspeed Modest Heatran and to survive a +1 Stone Edge from Jolly Tyranitar AFTER taking rocks AND leftovers recovery ( while having very high chance to survive a +1 Fire Punch ). You also always live 0 SpA Surf from Starmie ( without rocks ). Rest in Atk with Adamant Nature because we like the damages.​
  • Some calcs :​
  • +1 252 Atk Tyranitar Fire Punch vs. 24 HP / 28 Def Mamoswine: 292-344 (79.5 - 93.7%)​
  • +1 252 Atk Tyranitar Stone Edge vs. 24 HP / 28 Def Mamoswine: 291-343 (79.2 - 93.4%)​
  • 0 SpA Starmie Surf vs. 24 HP / 0 SpD Mamoswine: 308-366 (83.9 - 99.7%) -- guaranteed 2HKO​
  • 224+ Atk Mamoswine Earthquake vs. 252 HP / 224+ Def Jirachi: 260-308 (64.3 - 76.2%)​
  • 224+ Atk Mamoswine Earthquake vs. 240 HP / 0 Def Swampert: 193-228 (48.1 - 56.8%)​
  • 224+ Atk Mamoswine Earthquake vs. 252 HP / 0 Def Metagross: 282-332 (77.4 - 91.2%)​
  • 224+ Atk Mamoswine Earthquake vs. 252 HP / 216+ Def Quagsire: 145-172 (36.8 - 43.6%)​
  • 224+ Atk Mamoswine Earthquake vs. 248 HP / 252+ Def Milotic: 148-175 (37.6 - 44.5%)​
  • 224+ Atk Mamoswine Earthquake vs. 252 HP / 40 Def Starmie: 193-228 (59.5 - 70.3%)​

" Chaarged up ! "

Magneton HGSS.png
engineer.pngMagneton @ Choice ScarfInductor.png
Ability: Magnet Pull
EVs: 252 SpA / 4 SpD / 252 Spe
Timid Nature
IVs: 3 Atk / 30 SpA / 30 SpD
- Thunderbolt
- Hidden Power [Ground]
- Flash Cannon
- Thunder Wave

• Trapper + Revenge killer. What does that do ? As I said in the beginning, Magneton is a faster Magnezone with less bulk and power : with a Choice Scarf outspeed +1 Gyarados, Dragonite and Tyranitar ( Scarf Magnezone doesn't outspeed them ). It also outspeed pokemons like Weavile or max speed Starmie. It's a very cool pokemon in this metagame with all those DDers and Skarmory being around. It also checks well SD Lucario. But yeah it has less bulk and less power meaning that it doesn't really have defensive utility and it doesn't even have a chance to OHKO SpD Skarmory from full ( I'm still your #1 fan Magneton ). We need to explore more this pokemon, really.
  • HP Ground is used to trap and kill Magnezone / Heatran because as you can see Heatran is a pain. Use the calc to determine its spread to see if you can trap it easily or not. You don't OHKO ( not in your favor ) offensive Heatran so be sure to chip it a little bit before, Latias is good for that ( calcs below ). You don't use HP Ice because of Mamoswine.
  • Thunder Wave is used to paralyse Jirachi, non Lum DD Tyranitar etc and just overall it adds important speed control.
  • Some calcs :
  • 252 SpA Magneton Thunderbolt vs. 0 HP / 0 SpD Wacan Berry Gyarados: 294-348 (88.8 - 105.1%) -- 31.3% chance to OHKO ( stronger than Scarf Rotom )
  • 252 SpA Magneton Flash Cannon vs. 8 HP / 0 SpD Tyranitar in Sand: 168-198 (48.9 - 57.7%) -- 93.4% chance to 2HKO
  • 252 SpA Magneton Thunderbolt vs. 252 HP / 252+ SpD Skarmory: 264-312 (79 - 93.4%)
  • 252 SpA Magneton Hidden Power Ground vs. 0 HP / 0 SpD Heatran: 276-328 (85.4 - 101.5%) -- 12.5% chance to OHKO
  • 252 SpA Magneton Hidden Power Ground vs. 252 HP / 0 SpD Heatran: 276-328 (71.5 - 84.9%)
  • 252 SpA Magneton Thunderbolt vs. 252 HP / 0 SpD Metagross: 160-190 (43.9 - 52.1%)
  • 252 SpA Magneton Thunderbolt vs. 252 HP / 4 SpD Bronzong: 129-153 (38.1 - 45.2%)
  • 252 SpA Magneton Thunderbolt vs. 248 HP / 0 SpD Scizor: 178-210 (51.8 - 61.2%)

" Want some ? "

Metagross DPP HGSS.png

brawler.pngMetagross @ LeftoversNortron.png
Ability: Clear Body
Shiny: Yes
EVs: 240 HP / 152 Atk / 28 Def / 84 SpD / 4 Spe
Adamant Nature
- Stealth Rock
- Meteor Mash
- Earthquake
- Explosion

• The second physical attacker and the rocker. Metagross has a very good synergy with Breloom because it checks what Breloom doesn't really like to face ( Latias / Gengar etc ) except Will-o-Wisp Rotom.​
  • It's the glue of the team and the Jirachi / Tyranitar check. It forces damages on Steel / Water types for Tyranitar and Mamoswine.​
  • Leftovers is perfect because it allows you to wall Wish Protect Jirachi and to check better Choice Specs Latias.​
  • Earthquake is imo too important in order to damage opposite Metagross or Jirachi. Explosion is broken.​
  • The spread is explained with the calcs below. Rest in Atk.​
  • Options : Thunder Punch > Earthquake or Toxic > Earthquake / Explosion, more SpD.​
  • A lot of calcs :​
  • 252 SpA Choice Specs Latias Draco Meteor vs. 240 HP / 84 SpD Metagross: 152-179 (42.1 - 49.5%)​
  • 252+ SpA Choice Specs Latias Draco Meteor vs. 240 HP / 84 SpD Metagross: 166-196 (45.9 - 54.2%)​
  • 252+ SpA Choice Specs Latias Surf vs. 240 HP / 84 SpD Metagross: 151-178 (41.8 - 49.3%)​
  • 252+ SpA Life Orb Flygon Fire Blast vs. 240 HP / 84 SpD Metagross: 268-316 (74.2 - 87.5%)​
  • 252+ SpA Life Orb Flygon Draco Meteor vs. 240 HP / 84 SpD Metagross: 117-138 (32.4 - 38.2%)​
  • 252 SpA Life Orb Gengar Shadow Ball vs. 240 HP / 84 SpD Metagross: 168-198 (46.5 - 54.8%)​
  • 252 SpA Gengar Shadow Ball vs. 240 HP / 84 SpD Metagross: 130-154 (36 - 42.6%)​
  • +1 252+ SpA Suicune Hydro Pump vs. 240 HP / 84 SpD Metagross: 249-294 (68.9 - 81.4%)​
  • 252 SpA Starmie Hydro Pump vs. 240 HP / 84 SpD Metagross: 163-193 (45.1 - 53.4%) -- 1.2% chance to 2HKO after Leftovers recovery​
  • ------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------​
  • +2 252+ Atk Lucario Close Combat vs. 240 HP / 28 Def Metagross: 297-351 (82.2 - 97.2%)​
  • +1 252+ Atk Life Orb Dragonite Fire Punch vs. 240 HP / 28 Def Metagross: 280-330 (77.5 - 91.4%)​
  • +1 252+ Atk Gyarados Earthquake vs. 240 HP / 28 Def Metagross: 272-322 (75.3 - 89.1%)​
  • +1 252+ Atk Gyarados Waterfall vs. 240 HP / 28 Def Metagross: 163-193 (45.1 - 53.4%) -- 1.2% chance to 2HKO after Leftovers recovery​
  • +1 252 Atk Tyranitar Earthquake vs. 240 HP / 28 Def Metagross: 260-308 (72 - 85.3%)​
  • 252 Atk Jirachi Fire Punch vs. 240 HP / 28 Def Metagross: 108-128 (29.9 - 35.4%)​
  • 4 Atk Life Orb Flygon Earthquake vs. 240 HP / 28 Def Metagross: 218-260 (60.3 - 72%)

" Our trails begin ... "

Tyranitar Shiny DPP Front.png
Guardian.pngTyranitar @ Lum BerryAlpha Fenrir.png
Ability: Sand Stream
EVs: 8 HP / 248 Atk / 252 Spe
Jolly Nature
- Dragon Dance
- Crunch
- Earthquake
- Ice Punch

• The sweeper. DD Tyranitar is insane against a lot of teams. There are so much pokemons that are a setup folder for it like Rotom or Latias so it finds easily occasions to DD. It also checks Rotom thanks to the Lum Berry. Well there's nothing special to say, moveset is the classic Magnezone offense moveset aka Crunch, Earthquake and Ice Punch because we have Magneton to remove Skarmory. Just don't setup too quickly, weaken the opposing pokemons before traying to clean the game. Tyranitar is strong but not that strong, it's not a Life Orb Dragonite.​
  • Lum Berry for Will-o-Wisp from Rotom / Gengar, Toxic Spikes, Thunder Wave from Latias / Clefable ...​
  • 8 HP to tank 3 Seismic Toss after rocks.​
  • Options : another resist Berry like Chople, 32 HP / 188 Atk / 36 Def / 252 Spe ---> you always survive Mach Punch from max atk Breloom after rocks but I don't like dropping atk on Jolly Tyranitar.​

" Mooving on ! "

Latias HGSS.png
Shellstorm.pngLatias @ Choice SpecsQuantom Carrier.png
Ability: Levitate
EVs: 80 HP / 252 SpA / 176 Spe
Modest Nature
- Draco Meteor
- Surf
- Trick

- Sleep Talk / Healing Wish

• THE Magneton abuser and clutchfactor of the team. Modest Latias is a beast forcing huge chip on Steel types or even 2HKOing Clefable meaning that if Clefable dies then Latias will go crazy. It invites Scarf Tyranitar on the field which is a setup folder for our DD Tyranitar.
  • USE IT VERY CAREFULLY !! It's your main Swampert / Infernape / Breloom check so don't do stupid plays with it.
  • Draco is Draco lol, Surf is good against Heatran / Bronzong / Hippowdon, Trick cancels the Latias counter ( and most of the time a DD Tyranitar check ) and then you have two choices : Sleep Talk for Breloom / Roserade or if you don't care you have Healing Wish which can be very very precious some games, it's the clutch factor allowing Tyranitar to setup again.
  • 176 in speed allows you to outspeed + SpA MixGon, max speed Rotom etc. Rest in SpA and in HP.
  • Options : max speed Timid > Modest, Dragon Pulse > Surf.

Threatlist :

Scarf Lucario : The most dangerous one, cancels DD Tyranitar sweep ( unless you DDed twice which is normally never supposed to happen if opp has a Scarf Lucario ), the only "ok" check to it is Latias so it's not good ... you have to hope that opp throw and let his Lucario getting trapped or simply give it vs Metagross / Latias.
Scarf Heatran : annoying because it's almost untrappable but manageable, it cannot stop a DD Tyranitar sweep unless it crits.
Gengar // Rotom with Will-o-Wisp : alas, like all the physical offenses, this team is weak to burn status. Vs Gengar you have to force damage on it with Metagross / Mamoswine. Vs Resttalk Rotom you can sleep it reducing the chances to get burn and force damage on it with Seed Bomb. Vs Sub Split Rotom uh ... that's why Lum on Tyranitar is VERY important LOL. Sub Mamoswine can counter them if you Sub first and if they don't have Shadow Ball > Thunderbolt. Ice shard PPs should be enough to break through them. You can also try to force damages on it with Breloom.
Shed Skarm / SpD Skarm : annoying because it gets most of the time 2 layers of Spikes because Magneton is weak but still fine if you play well.
Bronzong : annoying as hell, force damages on it with Metagross / Latias. OTR Zong is with Scarf Lucaio the most dangerous threat to this team.
Toxic Spikes : yeah it's uncommon atm but it's very good against Mamoswine. You have to play aggressive, most of the time DD Tyranitar is very good against those teams ( Roserade FWG for example or Nidoqueen Stall ).

Offensive Starmie : good lord I hate so much this pokemon but I have to admit that it's a big threat. Force it out with Latias.
Scizor : with SD + Roost, it's a pain, you can Trick it and then trap it with Magneton or explode on it with Metagross. The other sets are totally manageable.
U-Turn Infernape : if it clicks U-Turn then a Pursuit Tyranitar comes in uh well good luck ... try to win the game before losing to Infernape ig ?

Yourself : you are yourself a threat to this team but why ? This team is NOT easy to pilot, you have to know your matchups and how to play them. DO NOT hesitate to play aggressive ( Sub less Focus Punch Breloom is the allegory of playing aggressive ), the team needs to be played like that to win. Make the plays and put yourself in a position where DD Tyranitar can sweep.

Replays and ladder perfs :

1662781094615.png
1662781188273.png
I could have climb more but I'm very very lazy lol

Conclusion :

Building teams, testing them and making / seeing them work is the best feeling in this game. I really enjoy building, 1 year ago it wasn't the same, I wasn't trusting myself and that was a stupid mistake. I recently did a little series on my channel named Insomnie, pure and deep teambuilding while being extremely tired ( don't ask me why kek ). That was the most enjoyable experience I had since my DPP SSNL run. In the same period, I started playing to this game, Iron Marines, one of the best I have ever played.
Magneton is imo the symbol of modern DPP, no one was using this before it was used for Classic POs by Altina ( team made by Excal ), showing its potential and a new pokemon / synergies to explore. It is possible thanks to all those ressources from the DPP community in the DPP section and to my friends like the GOAT Student of Sinnoh. Thank you all for making this game enjoyable every day.

Student of Sinnoh jcrois vrmt t'es le compagnon parfait pour build, t'es LE goat sache le, Sirwings bebou sirwings :cheemsheart:, oldcvcv :paz: , Inder allez là fait toi pick SCL, Wait2Seconds le plus grand fan de mes vidéos, RoiDadadou Vaporeon UwU ( je rigole par pitié drop pas le screen ici ), Uxilon ton avenir est radieux, Zokuru bonne pokeretraite ( ah nan il a in FCL kekw ) bg et merci pour le soutien constant BlazingDark tu m'as tjrs trust et fais confiance, merci, Big Bang au sommet, Shogeki Drafeu-kun YoruNoxx + toute la chill zone vous êtes des frères, bynum Shing'n Streets xXBootyPopperXx + all the Bonanza gang + PAMPU gang only goats there, EPL + PPL team :fist: and my DPPPL team because that was a very cool experience.

Attachments

Last edited:
Magneton HGSS.png
engineer.png
Magneton @ Choice Scarf
Inductor.png

Timid Nature
- Thunderbolt
- Hidden Power [Ground]
- Flash Cannon
- Thunder Wave
Why don't use Magnezone? I guess a evolved pokémon should have better stats, or I'm wrong?

Jeong

Banned deucer.
Great team, I find the dual status loom interesting + Twave ton. Personally, I'm more #teamzone, but it's true that seeing the team can suffer against Starm or DD Gyara and Magneton is better there. Good idea the HP Ground on fire / ice, I think it's the best decision.

awyp

'Alexa play Ladyfingers by Herb Alpert'
is a Forum Moderatoris a Tiering Contributoris a Top Tutor Alumnusis a Top Team Rater Alumnusis a Community Leader Alumnusis a Community Contributor Alumnus
RMT Leader
Awesome presentation, I just went through all the details of your RMT and enjoyed reading it.

You're a great team builder there are not much flaws with this team because of how everything works well together.

Small nitpick. Mixed Ape runs a terror on this team (Specifically this set)

Infernape @ Life Orb
EVs: 252 Atk / 252 Spe / 4 Def
Naive Nature
- Close Combat
- Fire Blast / Overheat
- U-turn
- Stone Edge

Positive speed nature Ape outspeeds Latias currently because it's modest. In order to check it I would say I recommend Latias have a timid nature (350 speed) so this is not a problem to worry about, if you're not worried about Mixed Infernape's prevalence then I would say keep the Modest nature. I would also say keep surf over dragon pulse if you were still debating because it provides Latias with good coverage (For example for things like Tyranitar switching in for the pursuit, Infernape, Hippowdon and Heatran).

Wish you all the best.

View attachment 452491

View attachment 452492View attachment 452494View attachment 452495View attachment 452493View attachment 452496View attachment 452497

Hi people, it has been a long time since my last RMT and I'm still in love with DPP OU.
I wanted to share this team based on lead Breloom + Mamoswine + Magneton, 3 pokemons that I really like using atm : I'm the biggest fan of Focus Sash Breloom lead because it puts huge early pressure thanks to Spore + Focus Punch, Mamoswine is a very strong and underrated pokemon pressuring a lot of teams and Magneton is a compressed role of a scarfer outspeeding +1 Dragonite, Gyarados and Tyranitar and of a pokemon able to trap Skarmory. I like so much Sash Breloom that I used it a lot of times recently and I also used a very similar team against HODOR for DPPPL here. I made it in May 2022 when I was building around Mamoswine. It became my favorite team and very quickly my main ladder team helping me or one of my friend to get some DPP ladder achievements ( I posted it in the DPP ladder achievements thread ) while having success in some tournaments. The goal of the team is to remove or weaken anything that prevents the sweep of my Dragon Dance Tyranitar aka the ( imo ) best sweeper in the tier, and clean the game with it. That being said, let's get into my 200th post ! ( pls listen to the music below it is important :toast: )

Teambuilding process :

Mamoswine aka Swagoswine aka Mamoswag : Very high atk stat, STAB Earthquake, priority move, Knock Off to remove Leftovers or Shed Shell, Ice type that is not weak to rocks, Electric immu, good bulk overall etc etc Mamo is just powerful, forcing damages on Steel types and Water types. Sadly it absolutly need trap support because it cannot beat Skarmory solo.

View attachment 452494

Mamoswine + Magneton : One of the biggest problem of Mamoswine is that it's a setup folder for Gyarados. At beginning, I had Mamoswine + Magnezone with a Scarf Latias in the back. It was fine but I wanted to try something different, I wanted to reverse the roles so I tried Magneton over Magnezone to compress the role of scarfer and trapper giving me a free slot for another pokemon. Now I need a Fire / Fighting / Water resist.

View attachment 452494View attachment 452495

Mamoswine + Magneton + Latias : Who else for this role ? Latias is so good, it has everything that this core need : it has useful resists, Ground immu, it's able to force damages on Steel types that are not trappable by Magneton like Metagross or Bronzong and just overall it adds an enormous offensive pressure with Draco Meteor boosted by Choice Specs. Now we need rocks and a second Steel type because Magneton is not a switch in to Draco Meteor and Jirachi is annoying.

View attachment 452494View attachment 452495View attachment 452497

Mamoswine + Magneton + Latias + Metagross : Metagross is insane, rocks, high atk stat, very good bulk, Explosion. It checks very well Jirachi, Tyranitar, Latias and Gengar. Now I need a second Water check and physical attacker.

View attachment 452494View attachment 452495View attachment 452497View attachment 452493

Mamoswine + Magneton + Latias + Metagross + Breloom : It easily came to my mind tbh. Breloom is also a Water resist and it pressures well mons like Swampert. Spore adds more offensive pressure. Now I need a wincondition, something that benefits of this 5.

View attachment 452494View attachment 452495View attachment 452497View attachment 452493View attachment 452492

Mamoswine + Magneton + Latias + Metagross + Breloom + Tyranitar : I had 2 choices : Gyarados or Tyranitar. I prefer Tyranitar for many reasons. Tyranitar is not weak to rocks, is better vs Gengar / Rotom and benefits perfectly from the rest of the team.

View attachment 452494View attachment 452495View attachment 452497View attachment 452493View attachment 452492View attachment 452496

Now I have to choose the lead. I wanted to try Sash Breloom so I decided to give it a try and I never reconsidered my decision. Sash Breloom is so good, it has decent matchup against Swampert, Hippodown, Tyranitar etc and thx to the Focus Sash it can Spore pokemons like Heatran / Latias etc which is awesome and sleeping pokemon = setup folder. And this is the final result.

View attachment 452492View attachment 452494View attachment 452495View attachment 452493View attachment 452496View attachment 452497

A closer look to the team :

" Fire at will ! "

View attachment 452492
View attachment 452499Breloom @ Focus SashView attachment 452500
Ability: Effect Spore
EVs: 252 Atk / 4 SpD / 252 Spe
Jolly Nature
- Spore
- Focus Punch
- Seed Bomb

- Stun Spore

• The lead. Focus Sash Breloom is able to Spore almost any lead. Then you have many choices : you can Focus Punch ( if you slept a Metagross lead for exemple ), you can Stun Spore hoping to paralyse a Gengar / Latias / Jirachi etc or you can double switch on your Metagross to get rocks up.​
  • Focus Sash allows you to lure the Scarf vs slower leads like Hippodown or Swampert or if opp switched out.​
  • Jolly is imo way better than Adamant, outspeeding Dragonite, Gyarados, most of the Zapdos leads, Modest Heatran etc is important to : keep the Focus Sash and not die from sand.​
  • Stun Spore adds Speed Control and a very effective way to punish Gengar / Latias ( especially the first one ) allowing Mamoswine / Metagross to outspeed them.​
  • Effect Spore is cool and better than Poison Heal here : if you're lucky you can get a para on a Scarf Flygon U-Turning on Breloom.​
  • Options : Mach Punch > Stun Spore.​

" It's like a Yeti had a baby with a Teddy Bear ... "

View attachment 452494
View attachment 452501Mamoswine @ LeftoversView attachment 452502
Ability: Oblivious
EVs: 24 HP / 224 Atk / 28 Def / 232 Spe
Adamant Nature
- Substitute
- Earthquake
- Ice Shard
- Knock Off

• The first physical attacker of the team. Mamoswine pressures very well defensive cores thanks to the combination of Earthquake + Knock Off. Earthquake does decent damages to pokemons like Swampert or Milotic while Knock Off shut down Leftovers of waters, Rotom, Gengar etc preparing the Tyranitar sweep.​
  • With Knock Off you can also remove the Shed Shell on Skarmory allowing you to trap it and not autolose vs it.​
  • Ice Shard allows you to revenge kill Dragonite / Flygon.​
  • Substitute is one of the best move on Mamoswine combined to Spore, allowing you to Sub on a slept pokemon or an Electric type locked into Thunderbolt or a mono attacker Rotom with only Thunderbolt as STAB. And ofc you can Sub vs Flygon for example because it's normally never going to stay.​
  • Leftovers for more longevity and also because of Sub.​
  • The spread ( iirc ) allows you to outspeed Modest Heatran and to survive a +1 Stone Edge from Jolly Tyranitar AFTER taking rocks AND leftovers recovery ( while having very high chance to survive a +1 Fire Punch ). You also always live 0 SpA Surf from Starmie ( without rocks ). Rest in Atk with Adamant Nature because we like the damages.​
  • Some calcs :​
  • +1 252 Atk Tyranitar Fire Punch vs. 24 HP / 28 Def Mamoswine: 292-344 (79.5 - 93.7%)​
  • +1 252 Atk Tyranitar Stone Edge vs. 24 HP / 28 Def Mamoswine: 291-343 (79.2 - 93.4%)​
  • 0 SpA Starmie Surf vs. 24 HP / 0 SpD Mamoswine: 308-366 (83.9 - 99.7%) -- guaranteed 2HKO​
  • 224+ Atk Mamoswine Earthquake vs. 252 HP / 224+ Def Jirachi: 260-308 (64.3 - 76.2%)​
  • 224+ Atk Mamoswine Earthquake vs. 240 HP / 0 Def Swampert: 193-228 (48.1 - 56.8%)​
  • 224+ Atk Mamoswine Earthquake vs. 252 HP / 0 Def Metagross: 282-332 (77.4 - 91.2%)​
  • 224+ Atk Mamoswine Earthquake vs. 252 HP / 216+ Def Quagsire: 145-172 (36.8 - 43.6%)​
  • 224+ Atk Mamoswine Earthquake vs. 248 HP / 252+ Def Milotic: 148-175 (37.6 - 44.5%)​
  • 224+ Atk Mamoswine Earthquake vs. 252 HP / 40 Def Starmie: 193-228 (59.5 - 70.3%)​

" Chaarged up ! "

View attachment 452495
View attachment 452503Magneton @ Choice ScarfView attachment 452504
Timid Nature
- Thunderbolt
- Hidden Power [Ground]
- Flash Cannon
- Thunder Wave

• Trapper + Revenge killer. What does that do ? As I said in the beginning, Magneton is a faster Magnezone with less bulk and power : with a Choice Scarf outspeed +1 Gyarados, Dragonite and Tyranitar ( Scarf Magnezone doesn't outspeed them ). It also outspeed pokemons like Weavile or max speed Starmie. It's a very cool pokemon in this metagame with all those DDers and Skarmory being around. It also checks well SD Lucario. But yeah it has less bulk and less power meaning that it doesn't really have defensive utility and it doesn't even have a chance to OHKO SpD Skarmory from full ( I'm still your #1 fan Magneton ). We need to explore more this pokemon, really.
  • HP Ground is used to trap and kill Magnezone / Heatran because as you can see Heatran is a pain. Use the calc to determine its spread to see if you can trap it easily or not. You don't OHKO ( not in your favor ) offensive Heatran so be sure to chip it a little bit before, Latias is good for that ( calcs below ). You don't use HP Ice because of Mamoswine.
  • Thunder Wave is used to paralyse Jirachi, non Lum DD Tyranitar etc and just overall it adds important speed control.
  • Some calcs :
  • 252 SpA Magneton Thunderbolt vs. 0 HP / 0 SpD Wacan Berry Gyarados: 294-348 (88.8 - 105.1%) -- 31.3% chance to OHKO ( stronger than Scarf Rotom )
  • 252 SpA Magneton Flash Cannon vs. 8 HP / 0 SpD Tyranitar in Sand: 168-198 (48.9 - 57.7%) -- 93.4% chance to 2HKO
  • 252 SpA Magneton Thunderbolt vs. 252 HP / 252+ SpD Skarmory: 264-312 (79 - 93.4%)
  • 252 SpA Magneton Hidden Power Ground vs. 0 HP / 0 SpD Heatran: 276-328 (85.4 - 101.5%) -- 12.5% chance to OHKO
  • 252 SpA Magneton Hidden Power Ground vs. 252 HP / 0 SpD Heatran: 276-328 (71.5 - 84.9%)
  • 252 SpA Magneton Thunderbolt vs. 252 HP / 0 SpD Metagross: 160-190 (43.9 - 52.1%)
  • 252 SpA Magneton Thunderbolt vs. 252 HP / 4 SpD Bronzong: 129-153 (38.1 - 45.2%)
  • 252 SpA Magneton Thunderbolt vs. 248 HP / 0 SpD Scizor: 178-210 (51.8 - 61.2%)

" Want some ? "

View attachment 452505
View attachment 452509Metagross @ LeftoversView attachment 452510
Ability: Clear Body
EVs: 240 HP / 152 Atk / 28 Def / 84 SpD / 4 Spe
Adamant Nature
- Stealth Rock
- Meteor Mash
- Earthquake
- Explosion

• The second physical attacker and the rocker. Metagross has a very good synergy with Breloom because it checks what Breloom doesn't really like to face ( Latias / Gengar etc ) except Will-o-Wisp Rotom.​
  • It's the glue of the team and the Jirachi / Tyranitar check. It forces damages on Steel / Water types for Tyranitar and Mamoswine.​
  • Leftovers is perfect because it allows you to wall Wish Protect Jirachi and to check better Choice Specs Latias.​
  • Earthquake is imo too important in order to damage opposite Metagross or Jirachi. Explosion is broken.​
  • The spread is explained with the calcs below. Rest in Atk.​
  • Options : Thunder Punch > Earthquake or Toxic > Earthquake / Explosion, more SpD.​
  • A lot of calcs :​
  • 252 SpA Choice Specs Latias Draco Meteor vs. 240 HP / 84 SpD Metagross: 152-179 (42.1 - 49.5%)​
  • 252+ SpA Choice Specs Latias Draco Meteor vs. 240 HP / 84 SpD Metagross: 166-196 (45.9 - 54.2%)​
  • 252+ SpA Choice Specs Latias Surf vs. 240 HP / 84 SpD Metagross: 151-178 (41.8 - 49.3%)​
  • 252+ SpA Life Orb Flygon Fire Blast vs. 240 HP / 84 SpD Metagross: 268-316 (74.2 - 87.5%)​
  • 252+ SpA Life Orb Flygon Draco Meteor vs. 240 HP / 84 SpD Metagross: 117-138 (32.4 - 38.2%)​
  • 252 SpA Life Orb Gengar Shadow Ball vs. 240 HP / 84 SpD Metagross: 168-198 (46.5 - 54.8%)​
  • 252 SpA Gengar Shadow Ball vs. 240 HP / 84 SpD Metagross: 130-154 (36 - 42.6%)​
  • +1 252+ SpA Suicune Hydro Pump vs. 240 HP / 84 SpD Metagross: 249-294 (68.9 - 81.4%)​
  • 252 SpA Starmie Hydro Pump vs. 240 HP / 84 SpD Metagross: 163-193 (45.1 - 53.4%) -- 1.2% chance to 2HKO after Leftovers recovery​
  • ------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------​
  • +2 252+ Atk Lucario Close Combat vs. 240 HP / 28 Def Metagross: 297-351 (82.2 - 97.2%)​
  • +1 252+ Atk Life Orb Dragonite Fire Punch vs. 240 HP / 28 Def Metagross: 280-330 (77.5 - 91.4%)​
  • +1 252+ Atk Gyarados Earthquake vs. 240 HP / 28 Def Metagross: 272-322 (75.3 - 89.1%)​
  • +1 252+ Atk Gyarados Waterfall vs. 240 HP / 28 Def Metagross: 163-193 (45.1 - 53.4%) -- 1.2% chance to 2HKO after Leftovers recovery​
  • +1 252 Atk Tyranitar Earthquake vs. 240 HP / 28 Def Metagross: 260-308 (72 - 85.3%)​
  • 252 Atk Jirachi Fire Punch vs. 240 HP / 28 Def Metagross: 108-128 (29.9 - 35.4%)​
  • 4 Atk Life Orb Flygon Earthquake vs. 240 HP / 28 Def Metagross: 218-260 (60.3 - 72%)

" Our trails begin ... "

View attachment 452496
View attachment 452511Tyranitar @ Lum BerryView attachment 452512
Ability: Sand Stream
EVs: 8 HP / 248 Atk / 252 Spe
Jolly Nature
- Dragon Dance
- Crunch
- Earthquake
- Ice Punch

• The sweeper. DD Tyranitar is insane against a lot of teams. There are so much pokemons that are a setup folder for it like Rotom or Latias so it finds easily occasions to DD. It also checks Rotom thanks to the Lum Berry. Well there's nothing special to say, moveset is the classic Magnezone offense moveset aka Crunch, Earthquake and Ice Punch because we have Magneton to remove Skarmory. Just don't setup too quickly, weaken the opposing pokemons before traying to clean the game. Tyranitar is strong but not that strong, it's not a Life Orb Dragonite.​
  • Lum Berry for Will-o-Wisp from Rotom / Gengar, Toxic Spikes, Thunder Wave from Latias / Clefable ...​
  • 8 HP to tank 3 Seismic Toss after rocks.​
  • Options : another resist Berry like Chople, 32 HP / 188 Atk / 36 Def / 252 Spe ---> you always survive Mach Punch from max atk Breloom after rocks but I don't like dropping atk on Jolly Tyranitar.​

" Mooving on ! "

View attachment 452497
View attachment 452513Latias @ Choice SpecsView attachment 452514
Ability: Levitate
EVs: 80 HP / 252 SpA / 176 Spe
Modest Nature
- Draco Meteor
- Surf
- Trick

- Sleep Talk / Healing Wish

• THE Magneton abuser and clutchfactor of the team. Modest Latias is a beast forcing huge chip on Steel types or even 2HKOing Clefable meaning that if Clefable dies then Latias will go crazy. It invites Scarf Tyranitar on the field which is a setup folder for our DD Tyranitar.
  • USE IT VERY CAREFULLY !! It's your main Swampert / Infernape / Breloom check so don't do stupid plays with it.
  • Draco is Draco lol, Surf is good against Heatran / Bronzong / Hippowdon, Trick cancels the Latias counter ( and most of the time a DD Tyranitar check ) and then you have two choices : Sleep Talk for Breloom / Roserade or if you don't care you have Healing Wish which can be very very precious some games, it's the clutch factor allowing Tyranitar to setup again.
  • 176 in speed allows you to outspeed + SpA MixGon, max speed Rotom etc. Rest in SpA and in HP.
  • Options : max speed Timid > Modest, Dragon Pulse > Surf.

Threatlist :

Scarf Lucario : The most dangerous one, cancels DD Tyranitar sweep ( unless you DDed twice which is normally never supposed to happen if opp has a Scarf Lucario ), the only "ok" check to it is Latias so it's not good ... you have to hope that opp throw and let his Lucario getting trapped or simply give it vs Metagross / Latias.
Scarf Heatran : annoying because it's almost untrappable but manageable, it cannot stop a DD Tyranitar sweep unless it crits.
Gengar // Rotom with Will-o-Wisp : alas, like all the physical offenses, this team is weak to burn status. Vs Gengar you have to force damage on it with Metagross / Mamoswine. Vs Resttalk Rotom you can sleep it reducing the chances to get burn and force damage on it with Seed Bomb. Vs Sub Split Rotom uh ... that's why Lum on Tyranitar is VERY important LOL. Sub Mamoswine can counter them if you Sub first and if they don't have Shadow Ball > Thunderbolt. Ice shard PPs should be enough to break through them. You can also try to force damages on it with Breloom.
Shed Skarm / SpD Skarm : annoying because it gets most of the time 2 layers of Spikes because Magneton is weak but still fine if you play well.
Bronzong : annoying as hell, force damages on it with Metagross / Latias. OTR Zong is with Scarf Lucaio the most dangerous threat to this team.
Toxic Spikes : yeah it's uncommon atm but it's very good against Mamoswine. You have to play aggressive, most of the time DD Tyranitar is very good against those teams ( Roserade FWG for example or Nidoqueen Stall ).

Offensive Starmie : good lord I hate so much this pokemon but I have to admit that it's a big threat. Force it out with Latias.
Scizor : with SD + Roost, it's a pain, you can Trick it and then trap it with Magneton or explode on it with Metagross. The other sets are totally manageable.
U-Turn Infernape : if it clicks U-Turn then a Pursuit Tyranitar comes in uh well good luck ... try to win the game before losing to Infernape ig ?

Yourself : you are yourself a threat to this team but why ? This team is NOT easy to pilot, you have to know your matchups and how to play them. DO NOT hesitate to play aggressive ( Sub less Focus Punch Breloom is the allegory of playing aggressive ), the team needs to be played like that to win. Make the plays and put yourself in a position where DD Tyranitar can sweep.

Replays and ladder perfs :

View attachment 452431View attachment 452432 I could have climb more but I'm very very lazy lol

Conclusion :

Building teams, testing them and making / seeing them work is the best feeling in this game. I really enjoy building, 1 year ago it wasn't the same, I wasn't trusting myself and that was a stupid mistake. I recently did a little series on my channel named Insomnie, pure and deep teambuilding while being extremely tired ( don't ask me why kek ). That was the most enjoyable experience I had since my DPP SSNL run. In the same period, I started playing to this game, Iron Marines, one of the best I have ever played.
Magneton is imo the symbol of modern DPP, no one was using this before it was used for Classic POs by Altina ( team made by Excal ), showing its potential and a new pokemon / synergies to explore. It is possible thanks to all those ressources from the DPP community in the DPP section and to my friends like the GOAT Student of Sinnoh. Thank you all for making this game enjoyable every day.

Student of Sinnoh jcrois vrmt t'es le compagnon parfait pour build, t'es LE goat sache le, Sirwings bebou sirwings :cheemsheart:, oldcvcv :paz: , Inder allez là fait toi pick SCL, Wait2Seconds le plus grand fan de mes vidéos, RoiDadadou Vaporeon UwU ( je rigole par pitié drop pas le screen ici ), Uxilon ton avenir est radieux, Zokuru bonne pokeretraite ( ah nan il a in FCL kekw ) bg et merci pour le soutien constant BlazingDark tu m'as tjrs trust et fais confiance, merci, Big Bang au sommet, Shogeki Drafeu-kun YoruNoxx + toute la chill zone vous êtes des frères, bynum Shing'n Streets xXBootyPopperXx + all the Bonanza gang + PAMPU gang only goats there, EPL + PPL team :fist: and my DPPPL team because that was a very cool experience.

Very unique team. I think sumn to keep in mind is bronzong, ur team is super weak to it

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 0)