DPP information / resource thread.

http://wiki.xn--rckteqa2e.com/wiki/性格

This should take you to a list of Natures in Japanese. For people who own an imported copy, this is important. To save you some trouble, though...

さみしがり Lonely
いじっぱり Adamant
やんちゃ Naughty
ゆうかん Brave

ずぶとい Bold
わんぱく Impish
のうてんき Lax
のんき Relaxed

ひかえめ Modest
おっとり Mild
うっかりや Rash
れいせい Quiet

おだやか Calm
おとなしい Gentle
しんちょう Careful
なまいき Sassy

おくびょう Timid
せっかち Hasty
ようき Jolly
むじゃき Naive

Neutral Natures:
てれや
がんばりや
すなお
きまぐれ
まじめ

Granted, you have to be able to view Japanese on your computer, but I feel this will be valuable.

chimpact

fire nation
is a Team Rater Alumnusis a Tiering Contributor Alumnusis a Past SPL Champion
OmegaDonut, I have been having the same problems with your Excel Chart. The 4th gen names keep appearing in Japanese. Are you sure you got in in English. I deleted the old file and tried to DL it again, but it is still in Japanese.

ΩDonut

don't glaze me bro
is a Programmer Alumnusis a Forum Moderator Alumnusis a Top Researcher Alumnusis a Top Contributor Alumnus
OmegaDonut, I have been having the same problems with your Excel Chart. The 4th gen names keep appearing in Japanese. Are you sure you got in in English. I deleted the old file and tried to DL it again, but it is still in Japanese.
That's because I haven't updated it yet. I'm planning on releasing a new version with a lot more new features soon.

X-Act

np: Biffy Clyro - Shock Shock
is a Site Content Manager Alumnusis a Programmer Alumnusis a Smogon Discord Contributor Alumnusis a Top Researcher Alumnusis a Top CAP Contributor Alumnusis a Top Tiering Contributor Alumnusis a Top Contributor Alumnusis a Smogon Media Contributor Alumnusis an Administrator Alumnus
The characteristics link in the OP contains the wrong characteristics. This one contributed by TheMaster42 is correct.

Soliloquy switched in Metagross (lvl 100 Metagross).
Togekiss used Tri Attack.
It's not very effective...
Metagross lost 20% of its health.
Metagross is paralysed! It may be unable to move!
Metagross's Lum Berry cured its Paralysis!
Metagross was burned!
Togekiss's leftovers restored its health a little!
Togekiss restored 6% of its health.
Metagross was hurt by its burn!
Metagross lost 12% of its health.

Is this possible ingame or is it just on Shoddy?

TI-83 Damage Calculation Program

I wrote this program on my TI-83 to give rough estimates of damage.

Hope it helps some of you.

:Lbl 1
:Input "LEVEL=", A
:Goto 2
:Lbl 2
:Input "BASE=", B
:Goto 3
:Lbl 3
;Input "SP/ATK=", C
:Goto 4
:Lbl 4
:Input "SP/DEF=", D
:Goto 5
:Lbl 5
:Input "CRIT?", E
:Goto 6
:Lbl 6
:Input "STAB?", F
:Goto 7
:Lbl 7
:Input "TYPE1EFF=", G
:Goto 8
:Lbl 8
:Input "TYPE2EFF=", H
:Goto 9

For labels 9 through 11, please see X-Act and Peterko's Complete Damage Formula thread.

:Lbl 9
:Input "MOD1=", K
:Goto 10
:Lbl 10
:Input "MOD2=", L
:Goto 11
:Lbl 11
:Input "MOD3=", M
:(((((((A*2/5)+2)*B*C/50)/D*K)+2)*E*L((randInt(217,255)*100)/255)/100)*F*G*H*M)->I
:round(I,0)->J
:ClrHome
:Output (4,4,"DAMAGE:")
:Output (5,7,J)
:Pause
:ClrHome
:Menu ("REPEAT?","YES",1,"NO",15)
:Lbl 15
:End

If you choose "NO" at the "REPEAT?" menu, you will get a syntax error and the program will end.
It's not completely correct, as my TI-83 cannot use the floor( function, but it's good for rough estimates.
Hope this helps.

use int( where you would use floor(

Also looks really complicated. I have a damage formula with level assumed to be 100, type effectiveness, stab, and crit mushed into "Multipliers" and none of that second part, just the damage formula with max damage and then min damage. If people want, I can post mine some time. I don't have time tonight.

Okay, thank you. I'll tweak it later tonight.

And it does look complicated, but once you actually get everything into the calc it's really simplistic. It's as close as I could get to the exact damage formula.

Toothache

Let the music play!
is a Community Leader Alumnus
Ok, so we had a bit of a minor problem on the trade forum (now fixed). I'd EV trained an Elekid for someone and evolved using a friend's Japanese copy. When I returned the Pokemon to him, it was hack checked a few days later and it came up as hacked. However, the original Elekid was also checked and found not to be hacked. My main suspicion is there are some slight code differences between Japanese and English copies, which may affect those Pokemon which originally come from Japan (Darkrai/Celebi and glitched Darkrai/Shaymin) and others that are bred normally but on Japanese versions.

I'm mainly asking to see if these differences can be found, and what things can be done with Japanese versions and which things cannot to avoid unnecessary suspicion?

Aldaron

geriatric
is a Tournament Director Alumnusis a Battle Simulator Admin Alumnusis a Smogon Discord Contributor Alumnusis a Top Tiering Contributor Alumnusis a Top Contributor Alumnusis an Administrator Alumnus
OK, so I actually have a question regarding Dual Types and the Type 1 and Type 2. Let's take Bronzong for example. I calculate that the range for an attack on Bronzong is 87-103, and then I get to the Type 1 part. The attack is a Ghost type; is Type 1 Steel or Psychic? If it is Steel, my range goes from 87-103 to 86-102, because 87 * .5 = 43.5 or 43, and 43*2 = 86. However, if Type 1 is Psychic then it is still 87-103.

So, what determines the designation of Type 1 and Type 2 in the Damage Formula for dual types?

Great Sage

Banned deucer.
You just have to look it up. For Bronzong, Steel is type 1. Just search Bronzong on something like Serebii's Pokedex and see which type comes up first.

Example: Celebi is Psychic/Grass, but Exeggutor is Grass/Psychic, so Grass is type 1 for Eggy, but type 2 for Celebi.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 0)