DPP information / resource thread.

X-Act

np: Biffy Clyro - Shock Shock
is a Site Content Manager Alumnusis a Programmer Alumnusis a Smogon Discord Contributor Alumnusis a Top Researcher Alumnusis a Top CAP Contributor Alumnusis a Top Tiering Contributor Alumnusis a Top Contributor Alumnusis a Smogon Media Contributor Alumnusis an Administrator Alumnus
If a number is positive, then the truncation function and the floor function yield the same number. Since the damage formula always yields a positive number at every step in its calculation, then the answer to your question is yes. But here's the slight difference:

trunc(8.5) yields 8.
floor(8.5) yields 8.
trunc(-8.5) yields -8.
floor(-8.5) yields -9.

X-Act

is a Site Content Manager Alumnusis a Programmer Alumnusis a Smogon Discord Contributor Alumnusis a Top Researcher Alumnusis a Top CAP Contributor Alumnusis a Top Tiering Contributor Alumnusis a Top Contributor Alumnusis a Smogon Media Contributor Alumnusis an Administrator Alumnus
Double-posting to give YET another update on the damage formula in DP.

The Critical Hit (x2) multiplier is done before the random number generation multiplier.

So the damage formula now becomes:

(((((2 + (Level × 2 ÷ 5)) × BasePower × [Sp]Atk) ÷ [Sp]Def) ÷ 50) + 2) × CH × R × STAB × Type1Effectiveness × Type2Effectiveness

where CH is 2 if the move is a critical hit, 1 otherwise.

Also, I don't yet have any proof whether R is a random integer between 85 and 100 and then divided by 100, or if R is a random integer between 217 and 255 and then divided by 255. So I will just write it as R for the time being, until I get proof about the former or the latter.

However, I will try to crack that mystery soon. Stay tuned.

X-Act

Yes. Every time your answer is not a whole number, you need to round it down before you work out the next operand.

edit by Surgo: fixed paranthesis, added forgotten floor
edit by Hipmonlee: Further explanation was requested..

Stat Formula for those who (like me) didn't have it otherwise:

HP: floor((base + (iv / 2) + floor(ev / 8)8) 8)8 ) + 50) * level / 50) + 10
OTHER: floor(floor(((base + (iv / 2) + floor(ev / 88)) * level / 50) + 5) * nature)

Base: base stat
IV = IV for that stat
EV = EVs for that stat
Level = Current level for that Pokemon
Nature = 1.1 if the nature boosts the stat, 0.9 of the nature hinders the stat, and 1 otherwise

Great formula X-Act, I appreciate the work put into it. Just 2 minor questions:

1:Where in the formula do damage boosting items like Choice band go?

2:Where does the effect of moves like reflect fit into the formula?

X-Act

1) Choice Band made the attack stat 1.5 times as much in ADV. I suppose it does the same in DP, but I'm not 100% sure on this. Hence, the formula isn't changed, except by replacing the attack stat by floor(1.5 x Atk).

2) I don't know this yet. I'd conjecture that it goes somewhere between the STAB multiplier and the TypeEffectiveness multipliers.

This isn't worth a new thread, so I'll post this here:

For the guys that beat Pokemon Ranger and have transferred the Manaphy egg. The egg doesn't get it's nature until you actually get the egg from the guy. So you should save before getting the egg just in case it comes out with a cruddy nature.

Right, I did some checks and;

when manaphy is recieved, nothing is set obviously.

when the egg man is standing there, nothing is set, so you can save infront of him.

When you take the egg, its ivs and nature are set, so you can reset again and again, everything changes everytime.

monkfish

what are birds? we just don't know.
is a Community Contributoris a Forum Moderator Alumnus
There doesn't seem like right place to ask this but where can i find information on Somersault? Everyone talks about it, I have no idea what it does and they must have changed the name in the English version because there is no info anywhere. Stop calling moves by the wrong name! :[

Surgo

goes to eleven
is a Smogon Discord Contributoris a Site Content Manager Alumnusis a Programmer Alumnusis a Top Contributor Alumnusis an Administrator Alumnus
New information on breeding:

Contrary to former belief, third and fourth generations are everstone compatible. What this means is that natures will pass down 50% of the time when the everstone is placed on the mother, or, in the case of a Ditto, on the Ditto. There is everstone incompatibility when breeding pokemon from two different character sets, ie Japanese with American.

In summary:
English 3rd gen // English 3rd gen: everstone compatible
English 3rd gen // English 4th gen: everstone compatible
English 4th gen // English 4th gen: everstone compatible
Japanese 3rd gen // Japanese 3rd gen: everstone compatible
Japanese 3rd gen // Japanese 4th gen: everstone compatible
Japanese 4th gen // Japanese 4th gen: everstone compatible
English any gen // Japanese any gen: everstone incompatible

The same goes for other languages, just replace English and Japanese with the applicable languages.

X-Act

Another update to the damage formula in DP:

The random number in the damage formula is a whole number between 85 and 100, and then divided by 100.

Thus, the damage formula is now:

(((((2 + (Level × 2 ÷ 5)) × BasePower × [Sp]Atk) ÷ [Sp]Def) ÷ 50) + 2) × CH × (rand(85,100) / 100) × STAB × Type1Effectiveness × Type2Effectiveness

where rand(85,100) is a random whole number between 85 and 100 inclusive.

Just wanted to note that for Pal Park, its possible to transfer more than 6 Pokemon per day using multiple carts. example:

Transfer 6 from Sapphire; wait 24 hours to transfer from Sapphire again.
Transfer 6 from Emerald; wait 24 hours to transfer from Emerald again.

So that means you can transfer 12 per day between those two cartridges.

I don't know if that is already known, but I just found it out, so I thought that I'd share it.

VS Seeker EV training

I was shocked 4-5 days ago to see someone on GameFAQs still referencing my list of Sinnoh trainers to EV train with. And then I looked around and saw that it wasn't just one person; it came up several times. Have there been no better lists since then? Well, maybe there were. There probably were, in fact. But I suppose that some just know that particular list because I made it so early in the games' lives (look at the date, October 10th) that it stuck.

So, since it's still in use by at least a couple people, I went ahead and updated the Pokemon names to English, gave names of the trainers, corrected some trainer "types" (Picnickers are female while Campers are male, Cooltrainers are now Ace Trainers, etc.), and in general improved the list now that the US games are out and I have more information without the language barrier.

The only section I haven't fully completed in English is the section with those who give mixed EVs. About 25% of it is updated, and I'll take care of the rest tomorrow--as for the rest of today, gotta eat lunch, get to class, come home, eat dinner, and write a paper.

Edit 5-9-07: Got it finished. I would have had it up yesterday, but the forums were down for me when I tried to get here.

X-Act

The Catch Rates of Pokeballs thread sparked the following formulae, discovered on the most part, by AMF and Rolken:

Probability to catch a Pokemon = (( 1 + ( MaxHP * 3 - CurHP * 2 ) * CatchRate * BallRate * Status ) / ( MaxHP * 3 )) / 256

where

MaxHP is the Pokemon's maximum HP
CurHP is the Pokemon's current HP
CatchRate is the Pokemon's catch rate
BallRate is the rate of the ball used
Status is 2 if the Pokemon is Asleep or Frozen, 1.5 if the Pokemon is Paralysed, Burned or Poisoned, and 1 otherwise

We also have the following special cases:

Probability to catch a Pokemon whose HP is maxed = ( 1 + ( CatchRate * BallRate * Status ) / 256 ) / 3 (exact)

Probability to catch a Pokemon whose HP is 1 ~ ( 1 + (CatchRate * BallRate * Status )) / 256 (approx)

BallRate is the following:

Poke Ball: 1
Great Ball: 1.5
Ultra Ball: 2
Dusk Ball: 4 if it is night or the Pokemon is in a cave, 1 otherwise
Repeat Ball: 3 if the Pokemon has already been caught before, 1 otherwise.

Others will follow. (And Quick Ball is being tested.)

Hipmonlee

Have a nice day
is a Community Contributoris a Senior Staff Member Alumnusis a Smogon Discord Contributor Alumnusis a Tiering Contributor Alumnusis a Top Contributor Alumnusis a Battle Simulator Moderator Alumnusis a Four-Time Past WCoP Champion
I tidied this up.. It was a terrible mess..

Well, it still is.. I am still not entirely sure what is info and what is a resource, but I am sorta going with, stuff people will probably need to come back to regularly is a resource, otherwise it is information.

Yeah, still needs tidying I think.. Maybe I will alphabeticize things or something.

Also if any mods have any better ideas or think things should be added, feel free to edit it.. Dont leave it to me, I am lazy as hell.

Have a nice day.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 0)