DP Banette

Jimbo

take me anywhere
is a Top Tutor Alumnusis a Tournament Director Alumnusis a Site Content Manager Alumnusis a Senior Staff Member Alumnusis a Top Contributor Alumnusis a Top Smogon Media Contributor Alumnusis a Battle Simulator Moderator Alumnus
This is a variation of the Trick Room Banette that's already in the analysis. I tried both sets as a lead and this was much more succesful. It almost always accomplished some type of goal (whether it be killing the opponent's Taunt lead or actually getting Trick Room up), whereas the current set didn't always do the same. This set also frequently uses all four of its moves; the current one doesn't really need Taunt or Shadow Claw (though maybe when it's not a lead Taunt/SClaw are better)

Also, I wasn't sure whether to mention Platinum changes in this edit... The only real thing affecting it is Trick Gengar. If I should actually include something on it I'll add in a quick blurb.

Current Analysis

[SET]
name: Trick Room Lead
move 1: Trick Room
move 2: Shadow Sneak
move 3: Thunder
move 4: Destiny Bond
item: Focus Sash
ability: Insomnia
nature: Brave
evs: 255 Atk / 255 SpA
ivs: 0 HP / 0 Def / 0 SpD / 0 Spe

[SET COMMENTS]

<p>This moveset takes advantage of Banette's useful ability and relatively wide movepool to set up Trick Room. What sets this Banette apart from other Trick Room leads, such as Bronzong, is that it's not rendered relatively useless by Taunt leads.</p>

<p>Banette can use Thunder and Shadow Sneak to overcome most (if not all) of the Taunt leads; who otherwise would stop Banette from setting up Trick Room. Shadow Sneak 2HKOs Azelf; it also allows Banette to always win against lead Gengar, which can only use Shadow Ball because of Banette's sleep-blocking Insomnia ability.</p>

<p>Thunder lets Banette defeat two other common Taunt leads, Gyarados and Aerodactyl. The former is usually OHKO'd while it defeats the latter by using Thunder, then Shadow Sneak. The non-attacking IVs should be zero because this Banette is meant to take down your opponent's lead with Destiny Bond after using Trick Room.</p>

This moveset takes advantage of Banette's useful ability
sounds better as "uses...useful" sounded kind of awkward to me.

which doesn't really matter because Aerodactyl usually carries Focus Sash as a lead
Sounds better.

Thanks have a nice day ^^.

credit to anti for making the set need to mention that it doesn't always OHKO 216 hp gyara and that Aero is beaten with a thunder + a sneak, not just 2 thunders. the intro should specify that it beats taunt leads inparticular.

possiblility: this set for ou, the other for uu?

Jimbo

take me anywhere
is a Top Tutor Alumnusis a Tournament Director Alumnusis a Site Content Manager Alumnusis a Senior Staff Member Alumnusis a Top Contributor Alumnusis a Top Smogon Media Contributor Alumnusis a Battle Simulator Moderator Alumnus
Ok, changed the sentences around a bit. I'm unclear on whether to put exact statistics on when you OHKO Gyarados, especially since the standard EVs for Bulkydos are getting switched around soon. Any thoughts on what I should do?

And yea, thanks for making the set Anti, it turned out great.

I know nobody really gives a crap about this forum with all the platinum la-la bullshit, but some opinions would be great 'cause I want to upload this. Mostly, what of the old set? UU and OU? Replacement?

Caelum

qibz official stalker
is a Site Content Manager Alumnusis a Community Leader Alumnusis a Smogon Discord Contributor Alumnusis a Tiering Contributor Alumnusis a Top Contributor Alumnusis a Smogon Media Contributor Alumnusis a Battle Simulator Moderator Alumnus
Feel free anti. I support the inclusion of this set 100%. We could add this set to Set Comments on the current TR, but the analysis would get incredibly messy with all the slashes and explaining why this should be used in OU with these EVs etc. Just best to give it it's own space. This is the best variation to use in OU while the other is the better choice in UU. We have two pretty different sets designed for two different metagames so I see no reason why this shouldn't be included alongside the UU TR lead.

Anti, when you do upload this, can you also change the title of the other set to " Trick Room (UU)" and this set to "Trick Room (OU)".

I actually meant to comment on this earlier, forgot about it though, thanks for bumping Anti.

D-E doesn't need mention as a lead (unless this works in ubers lol). I'm not really worried about

Trick Gengar never gave this much trouble when I used it btw jimbo so I don't think you have to mention it.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 0)