Tournament Doubles Premier League 9 - FINALS [WON BY THE SPIKEMUTH SPECTRAL THIEVES]

Status
Not open for further replies.

Toxigen

get numb to it
is a Top Tiering Contributoris a Smogon Media Contributor Alumnus
Here we are a day after, it still feels weird that we won this tournament. I dont think anybody expected us to go this far, especially with the kind of regular season that we had, but never giving up was the theme of our team and it paid off big time in the end.

Theres a couple of cool facts about this tour but the best for me is that every single Thieves win in regular season mattered. EVERY. SINGLE. ONE. That means that if we get 1 single less win we go to tiebreak and potentially lose out on the trophy. That makes me even more proud of this team more than i could possibly be at this stage. Its a shame i couldnt be more active due to irl stuff and growing dislike for the game, but doing it with you was the best i could have asked for.

Now lets do some personal shotouts cause you all deserve them.

JRL absolute GOAT. You carried our sv with your plays and teams, one of the best doubles players on the site and surely the best player of the tour in my eyes no question. Nothing to say other than youre the goat honestly

robjr 10 billionth team tour that we play together and we finally won LETS GO. Im honestly super proud of your growth as a doubles player, really improving in the span of one year and becoming one of the best sv players of the tour alongside jrl. It was quite a surprise and the weight you pulled for your pricetag was honestly uncalled for LOL what a beast. Really hope you keep improving and stick around in doubles cause you're such a good presence and player to have in the community. SMALL ROB

Grandmas Cookin i really wish we swapped you with croven sooner cause you could have had and deserve a better record. The ideas you were throwing around every week and the amount of dedication to xy and sm even with so little time on your hands is something i will never thank you enough for. And like i said dont let the record fool you from the pivotal importance you had in regular season, cause without your wins we wouldnt be here celebrating.

EternalSnowman you are insane. After we ended draft we realized that it was either you in duu or bust, and at first we thought we fucked up cause you didnt look happy to fit there. But your dedication to the cause and amazing ideas in the builder showed us we made the right decision putting you in the "nobody wants to play as a non main" tier, even with vgc events in the middle of the tour you still managed to pull the joint best duu record which is incredible to think about. Outstanding team player, keep being awesome.

Croven i barely knew you if at all before this tour but ive always admired your skills as a player and when we got you for 14.5k i thought that the other managers where smoking that good shit. Turns out i was right, amazing team presence, loaded whatever the fuck you wanted no matter the tier (3-0 in xy GOAT) and won when you needed to win the most aka all your wins like i said earlier. Im really glad to have had you as a teammate this year, stay goated.

zoe your growth as a player makes me so happy. It was emma that pushed us to get you as a priority for ss, and even though we didnt start you immediately, once you came in you were amazing both for sv and ss, clutching semis and finals with what looked like a veteran's gameplay. Now we can finally both nerd on star rail lfg.

Mishimono not a record that shows your ability as a player. You were, alongside esm for uu, probably our more realistic bw pick for the starting spot and im glad you took the responsability to play this tier. I feel like you deserved more and we should have done better especially with the team choices, but nontheless im very happy with your performance despite what the record shows, loved having you in the team.

Wille GOATTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTT!!!!!!!!!!! I knew you were gonna win in finals, i told you records dont mean shit, ive been telling your for a week and you didnt disappoint. Playing such a high stake game against one of the best players in the tournament was a giant task but you did it in phenomenal style. You were MONUMENTAL and that win gave so much confidence to the rest of the team, biggest 3.5 steal oat idc

emma idc if you think you were useless, cause first of all you helped when and where you can and showed commitment to the team and thats already enough for me, but you also won a game in regular season which meant we tied the week and also didnt have to tiebreak to get into 4th place. Plus it just seems ur a lucky charm for every team ur in so thats pretty cool.

z0mOG i wish you could have played more but there wasnt much possibility to test with lineups after a while, still glad you got to play a game and join the fun that is WINNING DPL. Also cool youtube channel :3

And now, i dont like to say someone deserved a trophy more than others, especially with this team, but without Frania this result is simply not possible. Covering for my shortcomings as a manager, literally helping EVERY SINGLE SLOT as best as you can, i cant thank you in a million years for what you did this year. Im so happy you decided to team up with me, planning the draft, making decisions every week... theres literally nobody else i would have preferred to do that with this year. Theres a reason why you're one of the most coveted doubles players of all time, your dedication to the game is unmatched and if you keep going like this you've got a bright managing future ahead. 4th team tour together btw... we finally won!

and thanks to all the helpers that came through the last 2 weeks, really appreciate what you all did for us providing valuable insight and more test gamers.

We deserve this Thieves, we are DOUBLES PREMIER LEAGUE CHAMPIONS!!!!!

as for me, lets see what pokemon home brings...

Fran

formerly Frania
is a Tiering Contributor
Toxigen you were a great partner to have for this tour. im glad i trusted you with robjr, you made a great call on picking him up and it made our team so much better. i really enjoyed managing with you, having someone i know i can trust and be honest with was great and i think we both did a good job being open minded and going with the best idea each time instead of having to make compromises.

JRL could not have done this without you, thanks for carrying me once again. your record alone was worth the price we paid for you, but you also did a great job motivating the team and leading the teambuilding in SV. i really appreciated your attitude of trying to come up with a good idea each week and testing quite a lot, even when things weren't looking great for us. most top players would not have put in as much work and it really paid off as our other SV slots had access to better teams that they otherwise would have.

robjr i'm really glad Toxigen convinced me to pick you up, each week i was impressed with how well you played your games, especially as someone who doesn't main doubles. i hope you stay interested in the tier, few people in doubles can play as carefully in high pressure situations as you did in some of your final games.

Wille i think you added a lot of value to our team and if we put in a little more work into supporting your slot i think you could've gotten a really good result as well. the TR team you brought over from VGC got us 3 wins and obviously the finals win was massive, so I'm happy with what we got from you and hope you stick around DOU to play more tours.

EternalSnowman trusting you will be able to adapt to and get good at DUU was one of the biggest bets we took and it got us a lot of value when it turned out to be right. i hope having to play a tier you're not really familiar with didn't ruin the tour too much for you, at least for us it was fun seeing you apply your creativity to duu and innovate with things like quaq + pachi.

zoe good job this tour. its really amazing how you well you managed your emotions in the game that mattered the most, in that match up 1 mistake could've cost you the game and yet you played carefully and somehow got the win. its cool to see how much you have improved, both in terms of not letting stress get to you and bringing really solid and consistent teams.

Grandmas Cookin not sure why we kept you out of sm for so long, sorry about that. it was fun having you in the discord and we did appreciate you putting effort into building new things each week.

Croven to be honest you weren't in our original draft plan, but when i saw the opportunity to get you for cheap i knew i had to go for it. you definitely did not disappoint, you played on a really high level in all of your games, which was fun to watch and helped us out a lot.

Mishimono bw was the hardest tier in this tour and it having to play it despite it not being your favourite tier was definitely a big challenge. i appreciate the fact that you didn't give up and put in the effort each week, leading to some important wins in games we could not afford to lose. i'm not sure anyone else on our team could've achieved the same outcome.

emma its unfortunate you didn't get to play much, but you were always ready to help when we needed it, which i appreciated.

z0mOG probably should've given you a second chance to play, since i know you're the goat at VGC, it was just hard to do since we had many options for the SV slots.

ratpacker glimmerrdust Nephtyrix each of one you has joined our discord as helpers and contributed a lot to at least 1 crucial win in the last couple weeks. im really grateful for your support, since you really didn't have to do it and yet it has helped us out a lot.

qsns thanks for all the croven teams :blobthumbsup:

bunnyy thanks for hosting, I think you did a really good job of forcing us to submit lineups and play games before the deadline, which allowed us to stay up for all the final games and even do some prep on Sunday night, which was fun.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 0)