Tournament Doubles Premier League 8: Manager Signups

Status
Not open for further replies.

Arcticblast

Trans rights are human rights
is a Forum Moderatoris a Tiering Contributoris a Social Media Contributor Alumnusis a Senior Staff Member Alumnusis a Community Contributor Alumnusis a Battle Simulator Moderator Alumnusis a Past SPL Champion

Thanks to GenOne for the DPL logo

How does DPL work?

DPL will consist of six teams. Each team's manager will take place nominating players for their team in an auction-style draft with a limited pool of credits. Once teams are decided, the tournament begins - over the next five weeks, each team plays each other team in a round robin. At the end of that five weeks, the top three teams move onto playoffs - the second and third place teams will face off in semifinals, and the winner of that match moves on to play the first place team.

How do I sign up as a player?

Player signups will begin on February 18th and remain up through March 3rd. For additional format information, see the upcoming post in the format discussion thread.

How do I sign up as a manager?

Answer the questionnaire below and post it in this thread. Posts that are not signups will be deleted. Manager signups will remain open until February 17th.

The Form said:
Name:
Timezone:

Questionnaire:
1. Why should you be chosen as a DPL manager?
2. If you had to pick one other community member to be picked as a manager, who would it be and why?
3. What's your favorite Pokemon? (There is one wrong answer.)
4. If you had to come up with a brand new DPL team name, what would it be?
5. The dreaded Pogarina-Posters and Those Who Say Mish have gone to war. Which side are you on?
6. What's your all time favorite Doubles format?

1643663038730.png

Name: Fespy
Timezone: GMT -8

GO STORMS

2. If you had to pick one other community member to be picked as a manager, who would it be and why?
Yellow Paint. Good player, solid builder across multiple tiers, and contributes positively to DOU in so many ways. I guarantee that anybody drafted onto a YP-led team would have a great DPL experience.

Tie between Munchlax, Squirtle, and Torkoal.

I would never dream of cheating on the Santalune Storms.

5. The dreaded Pogarina-Posters and Those Who Say Mish have gone to war. Which side are you on?
Mish

SS DNU

Last edited:

Idyll

xD
is a Tutoris an official Team Rateris a Community Contributoris a Top Tiering Contributoris a Top Contributoris a Smogon Media Contributoris a Site Content Manager Alumnusis a Top Social Media Contributor Alumnusis a Community Leader Alumnus
RBTT Champion
Name: hearth17
Timezone: +8

Questionnaire:
I am the People's Champ.

fespy so I can shittalk his team onstream xd

Pri— Darkrai.

You already know it

My 6 favorite Doubles formats are SS DOU / SS DOU / SS DOU / SM DOU / XY DOU / BW DOU

Name: Grandmas Cookin
Timezone: gmt -5

Questionnaire:
1. Why should you be chosen as a DPL manager? ive been drafted in many team tournaments the last 2 years and would like to put my hat in the ring as a manager

2. If you had to pick one other community member to be picked as a manager, who would it be and why? kylecole, hes an incredible manager and active in his teams discord prep etc.

3. What's your favorite Pokemon? (There is one wrong answer.) gengar :blobthumbsup:

4. If you had to come up with a brand new DPL team name, what would it be? undella town umbreons

5. The dreaded Pogarina-Posters and Those Who Say Mish have gone to war. Which side are you on? i am an arms dealer in this war, my goal is profit.

6. What's your all time favorite Doubles format? gen 7 dou >>>>

Name: SingleThunder
Timezone: EST-5

Questionnaire:
I think I have a good pulse on the community player base, am pretty active and committed with team tours, organized, and would like to try a leadership role. I have played for East in DWCOP twice. I can meme decently.
I would pick fespy because I think that streaming DOU is a positive way of gaining players or at least documenting our community's history in engaging ways other than written mediums.
My favorite Pokemon is Porygon2. It's very cute with a poetic form and usually competitively viable.
My team name is currently the "Cyllage City Sandacondas" because Sandaconda is a cute and silly mon with a cool Gigantamax form. Attached is the art I made for it.
cyllage city sandacondas 4 png.png

I occasionally say Mish and would say Mish as many times as necessary if DaWob is on my team.
I love XY and the SS Melmetal format; I am a Bisharp Believer,

Z Strats

Banned deucer.
Name: Z Strats
Timezone: GMT -8

1. Why should you be chosen as a DPL manager?:
Long time DOUer that knows every tier and has had good success as a player and builder. Have managed in both DWCOPs where I think my team overperformed expectations both times.

Memoric. He also knows every tier very well and has had good showings as a manager, plus we can start the beef we wanted to start with each other in SCL before he dodged me.

Mimikyu

I'm uncreative and would like to take over the spindas from stax

mish mish

SM DOU Marsh meta with an honorable mention to the small period of time Magearna was allowed when it first released.

Yoda2798

Not the user you are looking for
is a Community Leaderis a Community Contributoris a Top Tiering Contributoris a Top Contributor
Doubles Leader
Name: Yoda2798
Timezone: GMT +0

Questionnaire:
I've been licking my wounds from last year and Haxers are ready to come back even luckier stronger.

Mishimono. He drafted well in the mocks last year so I'd be interested to see how he fares with the real deal.

Decidu- Rhydon.

Dad-joke Darkrais.

The winning side.

Rocket League Doubles.

Name: Bless
Timezone: Gmt -8

Questionnaire:
I want another chance at being a manager. I wanted to manage US West again last year for dwcop but irl stuff got in the way. After seeing how well US West performed with Spurrific as their captain, I don't see myself being chosen to lead them anymore. If Spurrific doesn't signup as manager this year, US West still has fespy to take over and he's shown that he can lead a team to victory. I've been a manager for a snake draft (n1n1's discord tour), a region based draft (DWCOP 1), but now I want an opportunity drafting a team in an auction. I know I can assemble a great team because im not restricted by pick order or region based players. I will take everything I learned from every manager that has ever drafted me in tours and put it to use in DPL this year to win it all.

SMB. When he signups as manager for team tours he usually wins or makes playoffs. He's never been a captain for dpl though so id be really excited to see him signup. Everyone knows what smb is capable of in a team tour environment and don't me get started on his playing ability lol.

There are too many mons to just go with 1 but my 3 favorite mons are Entei, Ampharos, and Lapras.

KyleCole gave me his blessings and allowed me to take over the Ghosters

mish mish

I love SM Doubles. In the past year, I've been really enjoying XY also.

Last edited:
Name: Enzonana (el nana for the friends)
Timezone: BUENOS AIRES STANDARD TIME ZONE (GMT-3)

1:
Because I am one of the funniest new DOU players and we made the semifinals in dou wcop being the shadow captain of Latin America

2:
He would be Akaru Kokuyo, because he is one of the people I have known for the longest time in the community and I know that he knows how to make up for my shortcomings to captain a team

3:
Bokuto kotarou

4:
The enzobananas

5:
Mish

6:
SM dou...

Name: Tenzo
Timezone: GMT+1

Questionnaire:

I have been playing doubles for a while, and even more time since I play competitive. Through all this time, I've had the opportunity to play a lot of team tours, from smogon or from other smaller forums. I have been manager for some of this tours, so I already have the experience needed in order to draft a balanced team which can aim to compete for the DPL crown, and the knowledge to help my team in everything possible so we can try to win every game.
Despite this last year I have been a bit off from all the smogon tours, I have been following all the players and the results, so I think I have a clear picture from all the dou players, both old and new, and the community in general.

This is an easy answer, I would pick SMB. He has proven enough times that he can be a manager and that he can do an excelent job when he is. His teams always are among the favourite teams to win.

Empoleon, it was love at first sight when I played Pokémon Diamond back in 2007.

Browbeat Lands.
Logo.png
v.0.1​

Mish

Teto

SMB

is a Top Tiering Contributoris a Past SPL Championis a Former Smogon Metagame Tournament Circuit Championis a Former Old Generation Tournament Circuit Champion
World Defender
Name: SMB
Timezone: GMT +1

Questionnaire:

I have plenty of experience as a manager, mainly in the spanish community but also in dou, managing the winning DOUWC I team. I'm a manager that likes to get involved in every tier and help every player, giving feedback anytime that is needed and guiding through building. I've had nothing but good experiencies as a manager, I liked every team that I've managed and that always turned out into results, always reaching at least finals.
I'm still unsure about the 8 slots dpl thing because of the extra work for a manager that gets involved as much as me would result into, and I'd definitely prefer to manage a team with 6 slots, but if I get the chance to manage I'll accept it and try my best to win no matter the number of slots or format.

Platinum God n1n1 definitely deserves a chance. One of the most helpful dou users and always looking for hidden gems. I like managers that get involved a lot with their team and show passion and effort for what they do and I think he would be one of these.

It's time to build a dynasty on this league

Always Pogarina-Posters

gen 7 partners in crime

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 0)