Tournament Doubles Premier League 5 - Finals - Won by Slateport City Spindas

Mizuhime

Did I mistake you for a sign from God?
is a Top Tutor Alumnusis a Site Content Manager Alumnusis a Social Media Contributor Alumnusis a Community Leader Alumnusis a Community Contributor Alumnusis a Top Tiering Contributor Alumnusis a Contributor Alumnusis a Battle Simulator Moderator Alumnus

>>Game Times<<
>>Spreadsheet<<
>>Information Megathread and Schedule<<

First and foremost i'd like to say Congratulations to both teams for making it this far. Both have put on a good show this tournament and Aura even managed to recover from that interesting draft. I'd also like to give a personal thank you to all of the managers who made this easy and pleasure to run and extend a very big thank you to Level 51 , talkingtree , and MajorBowman for helping me out with the thread on Sundays, you guys rule and level you are truly the unsung hero of doubles. Here's to a good finals and good luck to everyone involved.

Slateport City Sp_ndas (5) vs Mikan Island Monsters (3)

SMDOU: Ezrael vs ZoroDark
SMDOU: Spurrific vs Mint16
SMDOU: Mishimono vs frisoeva
SMDOU: stax vs emforbes
XYDOU: Jhon vs Stratos
BWDOU: Lunar. vs Ninjadog13
DUU: Yoda2798 vs zaaya
Bo3: Human vs marilli

The deadline is Sunday, May 26th, at 11:59 PM Eastern time (GMT -4).
A few quick notes/reminders:
  • Follow Smogon's Tournament rules (no ghosting, no leaking teams/sets in chat, etc)
  • All matches are Best of 1 outside of the BO3 format
  • All replays must be posted - the same policy regarding replays used in Seasonals will be used here. All matches without a replay will be treated as a double game loss.
  • I will grant activity wins or extensions if I have to, but only as a last resort. Do your best to get your games done on time!
  • Substitutions are allowed, but be sure to let the host, opposing player, and opposing manager know ASAP if one needs to happen. If both managers agree to switching matchups around in the same tier to accommodate timezone issues that is fine, but send me a PM on Smogon including both managers so that I know it's legit.
  • Predict against Croven
  • If any of the rosters are incorrect, PM me on discord asap and I will edit
  • The Bo3 format starts with SM and then loser picks the next tier

Last edited by a moderator:

Platinum God n1n1

the real n1n1
is a Tiering Contributor
SMDOU: Ezrael vs ZoroDark
stratos and aura have been preparing their team well, this one is easy, just bring Kartana checks

SMDOU: Spurrific vs Mint16
n1n1 teams > epic gamer teams

SMDOU: Mishimono vs Void
Void sounds like demantoid but without the demant, hes a wanna be, not the real thing

SMDOU: stax vs emforbes
Stax is the GOAT of All Time for real

XYDOU: Jhon vs Stratos
after 3 year ban stratos is only capable of winning with THALK Sylveon. Jhon is a decent player and will be prepared

BWDOU: Lunar. vs Ninjadog13
I like Dogs

DUU: Yoda2798 vs zaaya
Yoda is also easy to prepare for. Even going back to my DPL managing days, I remember he refused to use anything other than Mega-Aero. Nothing has changed

Bo3: Human vs marilli
He is just a Human

Last edited:
Ggs everyone! Love my Spindas a lot, you guys were all amazing! Thanks for carrying me so I could meme up the tournament a little! Special shout out to my boy stax for refusing to not get me, despite knowing I planned to have fun with the tour. Also small shout out to Human for both being the goat and dealing with me in not just one but two team tournaments. I'm sure you are sick of me by now. Lastly shout out to Mizuhime for hosting this so smoothly, and Level 51 for making it even more fun by hosting a very well ran prediction tour. I don't know if this tournament warrants a bigger post from anyone that isn't the manager, but just know everyone on the team was amazing and I'm so happy you guys got the win you deserved. Hope for future success from all of you!! :goat:

This is a horrible feeling lol. Good games to the spindas you probably deserved it more than we did and if there was one team I wouldn't be disappointed losing to, its you guys. Even though the draft was slightly less interactive than I would've liked, I knew all along we were easily a top 2 team in the league but we didn't give a good account of ourselves in the finals, especially after the last 2 weeks. I learnt a lot during this DPL about managing but I think all things considered I didn't do too bad of a job. I had such a fun time and would love to manage again in the future, and the team was a big part of that.

Thank you to marilli kyle emilio and stratos first of all. There was probably a bit more pressure on you guys than I would've liked, since you were expected to carry us, but you all performed so well anyway. You were all really active too which helped a lot in preparing everyone for their games and I don't regret drafting any of you one bit. It was also a big help to be able to consult you guys about any problems I had while managing and get good second opinions.

Shoutouts to my 3k picks ninjadog zoro zaya friso and void too. You all performed so well, and better than what might have been 'expected' and made it so much easier for us to get wins each week since I knew I could count on you guys. In particular ninjadog and zoro you guys were awesome. friso and zaya our duu record might not have been anything to shout home about but it really picked up towards the end and you both clutched out really high pressure wins in playoffs, even though we ultimately came up short.
void even though making sure the games got done was a little stressful at times :I, I knew you were a strong player and you took some nice wins during the season.

Damn I'd never think I'd do shoutouts for anything on smogon but my sp_ndas won and honestly everyone exceeded my expectations both in their play and character, and also my boy lunar requested some so lesgo.

Lunar. The beast, the goat, the real manager, I've always wanted to team with you again after our time in the tyrants and it was just a blast having you around again. Thank you for making the tour so fun with your jokes and positiveness while I was mostly away, truly made me shed a tear when I got to win with my boy. The real MVP.

Spurrific Last pick in my draft, best player in the tour LMAO. Honestly when i got you I was ecstatic and wanted to immediately start you cause of your sublime talent. You definitely carried us throughout, we wouldn't have won without you.

Human Inhuman in plays, I've always admired your unique approach to the game and was so glad to get you for 18k even though i fucked up in bidding LOL. The B03 switch really elevated our team. Clutching finals with cute charm sylveon while playing every tier, :goat:

Yoda2798 Yoda Yoda Yoda Yoda Yoda Yoda Yoda Yoda Yoda Yoda Yoda Yoda Yoda Yoda Yoda, So positive so funny and a beast at the game, what a steal for 5k.

Jhon A theme here but idk how you went for 8k LOL, what an xy beast, i knew if you got teams and played in xy you would be able to perform and damn did you play some nice games.

Mishimono mish mish, such an underrated player, won a seasonal and has been good since like the start of time. Thank you for all the games and for being so cheap.

Ezrael Even though you were a spotty at first, what a clutch game in finals. I was so happy to get a 5-2 spl guy for so cheap. Just don't get so nervous and I'm sure you can get better, but first please learn how to schedule lmao.

Pigeons Undefeated beast, test game mvp, thank you for all that you did for the team while being such a delightful presence and for being one of the people to message me before the draft, i wish i could've started you more.

laptops big laptops, thank you for all the test work in duu and for the memes as well, another fantastic presence and player that I wished could've started more.

PinkSylvie VGC beast, great presence and intrigue into DOU even though I didn't help you enough with the transition your attitude was exemplary and i hope you stick around.

Watchog Thank you for helping with the pre draft work and being there to chat during the draft. I would've shit my pants without you there LMAO.

Finally thank you for the team for persevering through and staying motivated enough to win in spite of me not being too active in the chat in all honesty. I hope you all stick around.

Also shoutouts the beast TDK for going 2-0, I was going to get you but fell asleep right after nomming you LMAO.

Last edited:

Level 51

the orchestra plays the prettiest themes
is a Site Content Manageris a Community Contributoris a Top Tiering Contributoris a Contributor to Smogonis a Top Smogon Media Contributoris a Team Rater Alumnusis a Forum Moderator Alumnusis a Battle Simulator Moderator Alumnusis a Past SCL Champion
wow this is a "little bit" late sorry

Spindas 17 - 4 Monsters (Tie 0) (*probably because i'm a screw-up and forgot to include a tie option this week)
  • Ezrael 20 - 1 ZoroDark
  • Spurrific 15 - 6 Mint16
  • Mishimono 13 - 8 Void
  • stax 7 - 14 emforbes
  • Jhon 13 - 8 Stratos
  • Lunar. 20 - 1 Ninjadog13
  • Yoda2798 13 - 8 zaaya
  • Human 8 - 13 marilli
congrats to the spindas on their win! looks like mass opinion saw it coming :P

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 0)