Doubles Premier League 5: Administrative Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.

talkingtree

large if factual
is a Site Content Manager Alumnusis a Top Social Media Contributor Alumnusis a Senior Staff Member Alumnusis a Community Contributor Alumnusis a Tiering Contributor Alumnusis a Top Contributor Alumnusis a Smogon Media Contributor Alumnusis a Two-Time Past SCL Champion
Twinleaf Mutant Ninja Squirtles won't have a public Discord before the draft, but if you'd like to be considered for the team or have any questions for me, I'll happily talk to anyone on Discord PMs! talkingtree#1556

Looking forward to a great tour!

Last edited:

MajorBowman

wouldst thou like to live fergaliciously?
is a Site Content Manager Alumnusis a Top Social Media Contributor Alumnusis a Senior Staff Member Alumnusis a Community Contributor Alumnusis a Top Tiering Contributor Alumnusis a Contributor Alumnusis a Dedicated Tournament Host Alumnusis a Battle Simulator Moderator Alumnus
The Oreburgh Ancients will similarly not have a public Discord, but I'm also happy to field any questions or talk about the tournament on either Smogon or Discord (MajorBowman#8559).

Can't wait to get started!

Mizuhime

Did I mistake you for a sign from God?
is a Top Tutor Alumnusis a Site Content Manager Alumnusis a Social Media Contributor Alumnusis a Community Leader Alumnusis a Community Contributor Alumnusis a Top Tiering Contributor Alumnusis a Contributor Alumnusis a Battle Simulator Moderator Alumnus
A couple announcements:

After discussion and a vote held within the group of managers we have decided to bump manager prices up to 15k this year. This means managers will be able to purchase themselves before auction for the price of 15k, if they wish to do so all they have to do is tell me before we start.

Which takes us to the auction! Auction time has tentatively been set to Saturday April 6th at 11:30am Eastern Time (gmt -4) this is confirmed unless something extraordinary happens that's out of the managers control. Player sign ups will remain open until the night before at 11:59pm Eastern time (gmt-4).

Also look at talkingtrees logo cause it's adorable

Mizuhime

is a Top Tutor Alumnusis a Site Content Manager Alumnusis a Social Media Contributor Alumnusis a Community Leader Alumnusis a Community Contributor Alumnusis a Top Tiering Contributor Alumnusis a Contributor Alumnusis a Battle Simulator Moderator Alumnus
After some discussion with myself, the managers, and the moderators we've decided we're going to go with an 8 starter format that requires teams to have 2 subs as well, making it a total of 10 players per team. Each team will start with 100k in auction in similar style to SPL's 10k per player needed. The real part of this announcement is the format, however.

The format for DPL 5 will be as follows.

SM DOU
SM DOU
SM DOU
SM DOU
SM DUU
XY DOU
BW DOU

and finally

A best of 3 featuring SM DOU, XY DOU, and BW DOU

Note: The bo3 slot will start on SM slot with the loser counter picking the 2nd matches tier

Level 51

the orchestra plays the prettiest themes
is a Site Content Manageris a Community Contributoris a Top Tiering Contributoris a Contributor to Smogonis a Top Smogon Media Contributoris a Team Rater Alumnusis a Forum Moderator Alumnusis a Battle Simulator Moderator Alumnusis a Past SCL Champion
Can you believe that this is the fifth year of DPL? I know I can't! Anyway, that's completely irrelevant to what I was going to say, which is that the DPL 5 spreadsheet is up.

You'll notice that the schedules for each team's matchups have been filled out; this was only a sample schedule made to test the sheet. The actual schedule has not yet been confirmed by Mizuhime, so don't act upon this schedule just yet! (...not that there's anything to act upon, really.)

As a side note, since Fantasy DPL was something of a flop this year, I'm hoping to do a predictions tour instead this year. Here's hoping...

As usual, shoutouts to my spreadsheet-related light and inspiration Braverius!

Level 51

is a Site Content Manageris a Community Contributoris a Top Tiering Contributoris a Contributor to Smogonis a Top Smogon Media Contributoris a Team Rater Alumnusis a Forum Moderator Alumnusis a Battle Simulator Moderator Alumnusis a Past SCL Champion
Week 1 of the Predictions Tournament is up and can be found here! You have 24 hours to get your predictions in; any games played before 24 hours are up won't be counted for this week's points.

edit: As always, the leaderboards can be found at http://spo.ink/dplpredicts.

Last edited:

Level 51

Week 2 of the Predictions Tournament is up and can be found here! You have 24 hours to get your predictions in; any games played before 24 hours are up won't be counted for this week's points. Congratulations to Yoda2798, currently leading the way with 245/315, closely followed by The Idiot Ninja, who's at 235/315.

The ape scored 145/315; 6 users scored worse than the ape. :monkey:

edit: As always, the leaderboards can be found at http://spo.ink/dplpredicts.

Last edited:

Level 51

Week 3 of the Predictions Tournament is up and can be found here! You have 24 hours to get your predictions in; any games played before 24 hours are up won't be counted for this week's points. Congratulations to Human for now being top of the leaderboards with 420 points; close behind are Elise and Yoda2798, with 410 points each.

The match between Human and Void was, well, voided, due to the substitution that occurred which meant that the original predictions no longer meant anything.

The ape scored 140/305! 5 users scored worse than the ape.

As always, the leaderboards can be found at http://spo.ink/dplpredicts.

Level 51

Week 4 of the Predictions Tournament is up and can be found here! You have 24 hours to get your predictions in; any games played before 24 hours are up won't be counted for this week's points. Congratulations to Elise for returning to the top with 565 points, with a fairly comfortable lead over Domesticated in second place with 540 and Human in third place with 535.

The match between YoBuddy and Ezrael was voided, since it became a completely different match after a double substitution.

The ape scored 140/305. A whopping 21 users who submitted complete predictions scored worse than the ape; Mass Opinion scored 90/305 in this week full of upsets.

Level 51

omg im really doing it im quadruple posting in a thread. my moderator powers have exceeded mortal understanding. no one can stop me now

Week 5 of the Predictions Tournament is up and can be found here! You have 24 hours to get your predictions in; any games played before 24 hours are up won't be counted for this week's points. Congratulations to Human for climbing to the top at 735 points, with Elise in second place at 730; both are a significant way ahead of the rest of the competition, with Lunar. in 3rd at 705 points. Please tell me if this tagging gets obnoxious and I'll stop doing it.

The match between Ezrael and Yellow Paint was voided due to the substitution made.

The ape scored 140/305. Just 3 users who submitted complete predictions scored worse than the ape; Mass Opinion scored 175/305 in this relatively stable week.

Level 51

no. this can't be happening. my power levels have receded to that of a mere mortal moderator. who has done this to me

The semifinals round of the Predictions Tournament is up and can be found here! You have 24 hours to get your predictions in; any games played before 24 hours are up won't be counted for this week's points. Lunar. has taken over the lead this week, hitting 1015 points thanks to correctly predicting all 3 playoff teams correctly; the only other user to correctly predict all 3 playoff teams was Arcticblast, so congratulations to both of them! The only other user to have hit 4 digits is Elise, who has not yet complained about getting tagged every week, so I guess that's cool. Meanwhile, stax has surpassed Mass Opinion already, despite not predicting in Week 1, off the back of the highest Week 4 and Week 5 scores!

The following matches were voided:
  • Tman vs Ezrael (played before predictions deadline)
  • Memoric vs stax (double sub)
  • Gramgus vs Akaru Kokuyo (Akaru Kokuyo sub)
  • Sasa vs Void (Void sub)
The ape scored 125/275. Just 2 users who submitted complete predictions scored worse than the ape; Mass Opinion scored 165/275.

Mizuhime

First time actually using this thing and it's during the semi's

Situation: Mint16 vs NintendoKenny started their game on the main server while a restart was imminent and the battle ended up resulting in the server being restarted on the fourth turn of the game and the battle becoming a void lost in both space and time with no replay being saved. Normally, I would be able to say just replay with the same teams but neither player submitted their team to me so I have no way of insuring no cheating happens as far as that goes. We also can't accurately recreate since no replay exists. The other issue at hand is both players (according to their managers) are leaving and won't be able to play this weekend due to irl commitments to vgc events.

Ruling: After talking with both Aura and n10 the decision is to have the game be replayed with new teams on the smogtours server as soon as humanly possible.

Level 51

The final week of the Predictions Tournament is up and can be found here! You have 24 hours to get your predictions in; any games played before 24 hours are up won't be counted for this week's points. Congratulations to Lunar. for continuing to stay at the top of the leaderboards with a score of 1080; they, along with 5 others, scored 65/95 this week, the highest score among all players. With just 105 points up for grabs in the last week, only 7 players can mathematically overtake Lunar. at this point, but the top spot promises to be a close finish, with Elise remaining in second place with 1055 points!

The match between Void and Gramgus was voided, mostly because it wasn't actually played.

The ape scored 45/95 (after its score of 43.33 was rounded to the nearest 5). 11 out of the 23 participants scored worse than the ape; Mass Opinion scored 55/95 due to the general predictions' slant towards the Monsters.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 0)