Doubles OU Sample Teams!

Well that's enough of that. I don't see any mega diancie teams in the OP so here you go.

Diancie-Mega @ Diancite
Ability: Magic Bounce
EVs: 208 Atk / 48 SpA / 252 Spe
Naive Nature
- Diamond Storm
- Moonblast
- Earth Power
- Protect

Gengar @ Focus Sash
Ability: Levitate
EVs: 252 SpA / 4 SpD / 252 Spe
Timid Nature
- Icy Wind
- Shadow Ball
- Will-O-Wisp
- Taunt

Kyurem-Black @ Life Orb
Ability: Teravolt
EVs: 252 Atk / 4 SpA / 252 Spe
Naive Nature
- Ice Beam
- Dragon Claw
- Fusion Bolt
- Protect

Heatran @ Leftovers
Ability: Flash Fire
EVs: 52 HP / 204 SpA / 252 Spe
Modest Nature
- Earth Power
- Heat Wave
- Substitute
- Protect

Breloom @ Focus Sash
Ability: Technician
EVs: 252 Atk / 4 SpD / 252 Spe
Jolly Nature
- Spore
- Bullet Seed
- Mach Punch
- Protect

Suicune @ Sitrus Berry
Ability: Pressure
EVs: 252 HP / 100 Def / 112 SpA / 24 SpD / 20 Spe
Bold Nature
- Tailwind
- Scald
- Ice Beam
- Protect
Basically a team centered around supporting Diancie. Sash Gengar with Icy Wind is pretty decent at helping Diancie pick up kos, and it's almost always a really safe lead. Team doesn't have much for waters outside of Breloom, hence why Kyurem is Fusion Bolt LO rather than Sub. Twind Spore is nice to have, and the team has both fwg and fds cores. Dunno how else to describe it lol, really easy to pick up and use.

Last edited:

talkingtree

large if factual
is a Site Content Manager Alumnusis a Top Social Media Contributor Alumnusis a Senior Staff Member Alumnusis a Community Contributor Alumnusis a Tiering Contributor Alumnusis a Top Contributor Alumnusis a Smogon Media Contributor Alumnusis a Two-Time Past SCL Champion
If Kyube runs Dragon Claw > Earth Power, then your team's only real answer to Rotom-W is Breloom, which doesn't seem great for a team built around Mega Diancie. Your Heatran is also missing 48 EVs, which I'm assuming you had in SpA, but the standard is to run max speed, so I'm not sure why you'd run any less than that.

The team is decent, but the issue is that this thread is for proven teams that have shown success across multiple players, not just a team that happens to fill a void in the current list.

Dclaw still does tons to washtom, and uh I've given this team to Omega-Xis and Mint16 when they started and they liked it so its automatically an esteemed dubs team

regardless of the washtom matchup, earth power is simply better on life orb kyub than dragon claw. Dragon claw is only for ohkoing other dragons on the scarf set, which ice beam cant do. Since you have life orb boosted ice beam, this isnt a problem, and you gain a ton of coverage while only sacrificing the super effective hit on opposing kyub. Since you are building around diancie, that too doesnt seem like much of a problem.

Noticed this thread was somewhat dead, and lacking a diancie (probably a top 3 dou mega lol) team in the OP.

Submitting a team I've had vast amounts of Seasonal, Ladder and other DOU related success with.

This team operates largely by supporting Diancie. Whilst maintaining a balanced team flow. Amoongus offers rage powder (and spore) support for diancie, bolstered by the intimidate and u-turn / regenerator relationship available.

It is then that Rotom w is useful, as the team might struggle to switch into heatran, and other such fire types, so rotom w is able to fit nicely. It's important to note , that rotom helps also with a slight bisharp issue, (through having a core of diancie / lando-t / amoongus) and as such speed creeps bisharp by a few points.

Further, I'm a firm believer that a team isnt good without a steel type, and i think heatran, has vast amounts of synergy with both amoongus and rotom w, and further enables the team to positively match vs Gardevoir or charizard.

The last slot has changed often, but I've finally settled on hydreigon for its ability to patch wide guard aegislash related holes, ohko Kyub, and enable speed control on an otherwise bulky offensive team that lacked it.

I think this team is probably ideal for those starting with diancie, and encourages those who use it to consider that you can switch out in pokemon for a reason (as the team has good defensive synergy). I reccomend using this team to begin learning how to play to a game plan, as this team finds it easy to create win conditions through pokemon such as diancie in tailwind, Substitute heatran, amoongus or late game landorus-t.

Diancie @ Diancite
Ability: Clear Body
Shiny: Yes
EVs: 208 Atk / 48 SpA / 252 Spe
Hasty Nature
- Moonblast
- Earth Power
- Diamond Storm
- Protect

Amoonguss @ Rocky Helmet
Ability: Regenerator
EVs: 252 HP / 220 Def / 36 SpD
Relaxed Nature
IVs: 0 Spe
- Spore
- Rage Powder
- Giga Drain
- Sunny Day

Landorus-Therian @ Choice Scarf
Ability: Intimidate
EVs: 4 HP / 156 Atk / 92 Def / 4 SpD / 252 Spe
Jolly Nature
- U-turn
- Earthquake
- Rock Slide
- Superpower

Heatran @ Shuca Berry
EVs: 24 HP / 16 Def / 208 SpA / 8 SpD / 252 Spe
Timid Nature
- Heat Wave
- Substitute
- Earth Power
- Protect

Rotom-Wash @ Sitrus Berry
EVs: 244 HP / 4 Def / 8 SpA / 116 SpD / 136 Spe
Calm Nature
- Hydro Pump
- Thunderbolt
- Will-O-Wisp
- Protect

Hydreigon @ Life Orb
EVs: 36 HP / 36 Def / 184 SpA / 252 Spe
Timid Nature
- Tailwind
- Dark Pulse
- Draco Meteor
- Protect

Last edited:

Matame

New Rules
I see there are not many volcanion teams so I decided to submit a team me and Yoda2798 made. Gave it to a few people for suspect and seasonal and feedback has been positive.

Mega Venu and Volcanion have pretty good synergy. Volcanion annihilates steels which Venu has trouble with while Venu checks water types that Voncanion struggles to touch. Jirachi serves as a Diancie and Gard check while its redirection helps Volcanion sub or Venu recover. Next we added Hydrei for dark coverage that further helps check common steels like jirachi and aegislash. It also offers speed control in tailwind and can serve as a general nuke with Draco Meteor. Lando was my next choice so act as a check to opposing Lando and to check threats like Talonflame and Charizard which give Rachi, Venu and Volcanion a hard time. Thundurus is a great Lando parter as it is an EQ immune and also checks bulky waters, as well as Volcanion which this team can struggle with dealing with.

Venusaur-Mega @ Venusaurite
Ability: Chlorophyll
EVs: 252 HP / 132 Def / 56 SpA / 68 Spe
Modest Nature
IVs: 0 Atk
- Giga Drain
- Sludge Bomb
- Sleep Powder
- Synthesis

Volcanion @ Leftovers
Ability: Water Absorb
EVs: 116 HP / 172 SpA / 220 Spe
Timid Nature
- Heat Wave
- Steam Eruption
- Substitute
- Protect

Jirachi @ Safety Goggles
Ability: Serene Grace
EVs: 252 HP / 24 Atk / 92 Def / 124 SpD / 16 Spe
Impish Nature
- Iron Head
- Follow Me
- Helping Hand
- Protect

Hydreigon @ Life Orb
Modest Nature
- Draco Meteor
- Dark Pulse
- Tailwind
- Protect

EVs: 56 HP / 212 Atk / 56 Def / 184 Spe
Adamant Nature
- Earthquake
- Rock Slide
- U-turn
- Superpower

Thundurus @ Magnet
Ability: Prankster
EVs: 44 HP / 212 SpA / 252 Spe
Timid Nature
- Thunderbolt
- Flash Cannon
- Thunder Wave
- Swagger

so im not very confident posting a team for samples, because it is a very big responsibilty, but my tutor (at the time, at least) kamikaze17 helped me with this team, so it shouldnt be bad. The reason i chose this team between the ones i had is because i noticed that the op teams are a tiny bit too standard and a bit repetitive, despite the attempt to diversify megas and such. this is a megagross team that at a point was i think my best team, and saved me a lot in seasonals. its also not too traditonal, yet effective while being easy to use, which is very cool in a sample. i hope it makes it

Metagross-Mega @ Metagrossite
Ability: Tough Claws
EVs: 16 HP / 240 Atk / 252 Spe
Jolly Nature
- Protect
- Iron Head
- Substitute
- Zen Headbutt

Keldeo-Resolute @ Life Orb
Ability: Justified
Timid Nature
- Secret Sword
- Taunt
- Hydro Pump
- Protect

EVs: 44 HP / 252 Atk / 212 Spe
Adamant Nature
- U-turn
- Superpower
- Earthquake
- Rock Slide

Rotom-Heat @ Sitrus Berry
EVs: 200 HP / 88 SpA / 220 Spe
Modest Nature
- Overheat
- Thunderbolt
- Will-O-Wisp
- Protect

Amoonguss @ Sitrus Berry
EVs: 252 HP / 184 Def / 72 SpD
Sassy Nature
IVs: 0 Atk / 0 Spe
- Spore
- Rage Powder
- Giga Drain
- Protect

Hydreigon @ Life Orb
EVs: 4 HP / 252 SpA / 252 Spe
Modest Nature
- Tailwind
- Dark Pulse
- Draco Meteor
- Protect

This team isnt really hard to use so works fine as a sample team. The basic core behind it is metakeldeo, as the two pokemon synergize with each other very well offensively in typing. They also have considerably high speed, making it a hard to stop core. substitute on metagross helps a lot, especially when you predict a protect, also giving you a way to toy with bisharp, while keldeo's taunt can shut down a tailwind/trick room coming up, potentially giving metagross as sub while at it. landorus therian was added next because it helps with talonflame, intimidating it. it also saved a speed tie risk with mega diancie, takes out heatran in case keldeo is not in, gives the team a pivot for momentum and well landorus is useful overall. rotom heat is out untraditional fire type. Most people expect bulky rotom-heat, therefore let pokemon that would get koed by it stay in, thinking they can move first, while it just gets the ko. offensive rotom-heat with sitrus might seem a bit weird, but rotom is bulky by nature, thus sitrus coming in, and it gives a solid talonflame and heatran switch with siturs. this is also the team's primary suncheck, which otherwise is super troublesome. goggles might be used as well. amoonguss finishes a water/grass/fire core, provides useful redirection, another diancie check, a soft check for kangaskahn, a generally switch in, spore naturally, but mostly a trick room agent, which this team could really use. hydreigon was chosen as the dragon of choice because running latios, whom is often seen as a better dragon, leaves me very bisharp weak. hydreigon also pressure trick room setters, whom are often psychic types, and gives a handy way to deal with jirachi. it also synergizes offensively well with the team, provides a levitator which is fantastic, and a dragon has many solid resists, making it a secondary sun check. tailwind is not too expected on it, and gives this team the slight speed boost it requires to be massively destructive

Mr.GX

Mew Mew
is a Tiering Contributor
Wrath of the North Wind!

Mew Mew (Suicune) @ Rocky Helmet
Ability: Pressure
EVs: 252 HP / 116 SpA / 140 Spe
Modest Nature
- Tailwind
- Snarl
- Scald
- Ice Beam

Angel Mirinda (Sylveon) @ Choice Specs
Ability: Pixilate
EVs: 92 HP / 116 Def / 176 SpA / 124 Spe
Modest Nature
IVs: 1 Atk / 30 SpA / 30 SpD
- Hyper Voice
- Hyper Beam
- Psyshock
- Hidden Power [Ground]

Hot Sauce (Heatran) @ Shuca Berry
EVs: 156 HP / 252 SpA / 100 Spe
Modest Nature
- Earth Power
- Heat Wave
- Flash Cannon
- Protect

EVs: 4 HP / 252 Atk / 252 Spe
Jolly Nature
- Rock Slide
- Earthquake
- Superpower
- Explosion

Fungus (Breloom) @ Focus Sash
Ability: Technician
Adamant Nature
- Mach Punch
- Bullet Seed
- Spore
- Protect

Mother Nature (Kangaskhan) @ Kangaskhanite
Ability: Inner Focus
EVs: 36 HP / 252 Atk / 60 Def / 4 SpD / 156 Spe
Adamant Nature
- Fake Out
- Ice Punch
- Low Kick
- Double-Edge

Description:

First of all, no, I DIDN'T copy memoric's team, in fact, I don't even know him or doubles OU at the time of this team's building. I wanted to use Suicune so bad in VGC 15 and BS Doubles, so came up with Tailwind Spore team, and modified it over and over again to get this result. This team was built from scratch, and I achieved my goal; was no 1 most of VGC 15 in Showdown VGC 15 Ladder: http://imgur.com/T7h6etu

Now, I came to DOU a few days ago, like 5 days ago, after a friend, MindApe recommended it to me. I know all of my Pokemon are OU playable, so as expected, went in with an OU version of my team (Level 100), and started laddering. Day one, went 31-1 with this team. Right now, I'm top 32 with 1700+ ratings. Here is how the team works:

Suicune is THE MVP of the team. Tailwind, Snarl, Ice Beam? C'mon, you can't say no to it! Why Modest though? Modest OHKO's most Lando-T and Salamence-Mega easily with Ice beam, Scald does decent damage to Kangaskhan and heatran (2HKO's Heatran), and nearly OHKO's Diancie. Rocky Helmet is my secret tech, back in VGC 15, most Kangaskhan and mence loves to double target Suicune to KO it as soon as possible, so I punish them back hard. My Suicune can take on a mega-Kangaskhan 1 on 1 and win vs it, with my offensive Build. 140 Speed EVs to out speed Bisharp etc. Snarl to soften up Special Attackers and hurts Aegislash who hides behind a Sub. Tailwind is my main form of Speed Control, and goes well with my team's bulk. Also, Snarl OHKO's Deoxys-Attack on double target (crazy, ikr?)

Nick names Mew Mew cus Suicune is obviously a cat.

Kangaskhan is the Mega of the Team. Inner focus helps me ignore Weavile/Raichu fake outs, and safely fake out their other mon, allowing Suicune to set up Tailwind safely. The bulk survives Jolly Kangaskhan Low Kick, Landorus-T Super Power, and allows me to KO them back with Ice Punch and my own Low Kick. Ice Punch is my secret tech to kill lando and mence while they corner Suicune with their electric Types. Other than that, just a big ass sweeper in Tailwind.

Breloom goes well with Suicune, and I went with Adamant Nature to deal as much damage as possible to Kangaskhans with Mach Punch. Right now, it does to about 65-70%. In Tailwind, I can spore freely and serves as my main check to Trick Rooms.

Sylveon is the most power attacker on the team. The usual Hyper Voice Specs set, with Speed EVs to outspeed mega mence and Greninja in Tailwind (Gunk Shot is deadly), and OHKO them before they can make a move. Also beat Kyurem-Black and really hurt Diancie. Now, here comes the most powerful attack on the team: Hyper beam. Can OHKO any Kangaskhan, and mostly any mon. My secondary counter to TR: Kill their setter with a Hyper beam. In Tailwind, this mon can be an absolute beast, securing Knock outs left and right.

Landorus-T because it counter Thundurus, hurts Volcanion, Intimidates and weaken them, and Rock Slide. Earthquake helps against Diancie, Jirachi etc, and is an awesome Pokemon to switch into a Thundurus T-Wave. I can switch back into Suicune against Hidden power Ice for more momentum.

Finally, heatran. The iron heart of the team (kidding). Brings awesome coverage with FWG Core, great switch in options with Suicune, and is a natural Sun Team Check. My main Jirachi Counter, and flash cannon for stab damage. I used Flash Cannon to handle Fairies and Dragons in vgc 15, but right now, also serves the purpose of OHKO'ing Diancies. Once I play around and eliminate it's threats, This mon can single-handedly defeat a Sun Team. Shuca Berry to live Ground attacks safely.

I usually lead Khan + Suicune against most teams, and Khan + Breloom and TR teams. If I suspect they got really bulky TR setters immune to Spore, I lead Sylveon + Heatran for double trouble. I can either Hyper beam, or Hyper Voice + Heat Wave. Heatran beats any Steel types and threatens Sylveon, and Sylveon beat most Dragons/Psychics/Ground.

Conclusion:

In 6 vs 6, this team does really good, and I'm proud of my accomplishments with this team. it had topped 3 ladders (VGC 15, BS Doubles, Doubles OU) quite easily, and will always be my favorite team. Again, I DID NOT copy this from Memoric or any other guy. Infact, my team was the most used team on May 2015 on VGC 15 ladder as per usage stats (dem copycats). So don't you dare accuse me of anything like this, hurts my feelings (Suicune's my mon).

Hope you enjoyed this!

Platinum God n1n1

the real n1n1
is a Tiering Contributor
I want to offer this team to anyone interested in trying mons that you wont find on the viability rankings. And I hope people will be more willing to experiment like I did with this squad.
The core centers around Ttar and Mega Sceptile. Ttar is the #1 talon check in the game and this Ttar OHKOs mega Gard after sand damage. ThundyT is your Lando counter with HP ice and lets you pivot with strong Volt Switch; its other moves are for coverage. The remaining 3 mons are fairly standard sets that fill in the weakness that Ttar, ThundyT, and Mega Sceptile have.

Tyranitar @ Choice Scarf
Ability: Sand Stream
Jolly Nature
- Rock Slide
- Crunch
- Iron Head
- Low Kick

Sceptile-Mega @ Sceptilite
Ability: Lightning Rod
EVs: 24 HP / 252 SpA / 232 Spe
Modest Nature
- Energy Ball
- Dragon Pulse
- Hidden Power [Ground]
- Protect

Volcanion @ Sitrus Berry
EVs: 252 HP / 252 SpA / 4 SpD
Modest Nature
- Steam Eruption
- Heat Wave
- Sludge Bomb
- Protect

Conkeldurr @ Assault Vest
Ability: Guts
EVs: 108 HP / 152 Atk / 104 Def / 144 SpD
Brave Nature
- Mach Punch
- Drain Punch
- Ice Punch
- Knock Off

Thundurus-Therian @ Choice Scarf
Ability: Volt Absorb
EVs: 80 HP / 252 SpA / 176 Spe
Timid Nature
IVs: 0 Atk / 30 Def
- Volt Switch
- Psychic
- Hidden Power [Ice]
- Dark Pulse

Aegislash @ Safety Goggles
Ability: Stance Change
Quiet Nature
- Wide Guard
- Shadow Ball
- Flash Cannon
- King's Shield

I want to offer this team to anyone interested in trying mons that you wont find on the viability rankings. And I hope people will be more willing to experiment like I did with this squad.
The core centers around Ttar and Mega Sceptile. Ttar is the #1 talon check in the game and this Ttar OHKOs mega Gard after sand damage. ThundyT is your Lando counter with HP ice and lets you pivot with strong Volt Switch; its other moves are for coverage. The remaining 3 mons are fairly standard sets that fill in the weakness that Ttar, ThundyT, and Mega Sceptile have.

Tyranitar @ Choice Scarf
Ability: Sand Stream
Jolly Nature
- Rock Slide
- Crunch
- Iron Head
- Low Kick

Sceptile-Mega @ Sceptilite
Ability: Lightning Rod
EVs: 24 HP / 252 SpA / 232 Spe
Modest Nature
- Energy Ball
- Dragon Pulse
- Hidden Power [Ground]
- Protect

Volcanion @ Sitrus Berry
Modest Nature
- Steam Eruption
- Heat Wave
- Sludge Bomb
- Protect

Conkeldurr @ Assault Vest
Ability: Guts
EVs: 108 HP / 152 Atk / 104 Def / 144 SpD
Brave Nature
- Mach Punch
- Drain Punch
- Ice Punch
- Knock Off

Thundurus-Therian @ Choice Scarf
Ability: Volt Absorb
EVs: 80 HP / 252 SpA / 176 Spe
Timid Nature
- Volt Switch
- Psychic
- Hidden Power [Ice]
- Dark Pulse

Aegislash @ Safety Goggles
Quiet Nature
- Wide Guard
- Shadow Ball
- Flash Cannon
- King's Shield

Please do experiment more. That I appreciate.

Checkmater

It’s just us kittens left, and the rain is coming
is a Tiering Contributor
Did someone say rain?
http://www.rainymood.com/

Politoed @ Choice Specs
Ability: Drizzle
EVs: 188 HP / 68 Def / 252 SpA
Quiet Nature
- Hydro Pump
- Focus Blast
- Ice Beam
- Scald

Scrafty @ Sitrus Berry
EVs: 252 HP / 252 Atk / 4 SpD
Brave Nature
- Fake Out
- Knock Off
- Low Kick
- Quick Guard

Thundurus @ Life Orb
Timid Nature
- Thunderbolt
- Focus Blast
- Taunt
- Protect

Kingdra @ Life Orb
Ability: Swift Swim
Modest Nature
- Draco Meteor
- Muddy Water
- Rain Dance
- Protect

Gardevoir-Mega @ Gardevoirite
Ability: Trace
EVs: 228 HP / 172 Def / 108 Spe
Modest Nature
- Hyper Voice
- Psychic
- Trick Room
- Protect

Ferrothorn @ Rocky Helmet
Ability: Iron Barbs
EVs: 252 HP / 128 Atk / 128 Def
Brave Nature
- Power Whip
- Stealth Rock
- Leech Seed
- Protect

This is an interesting adventure into the land of Gardevoir-Mega rain that I did with my tutee, obii some months back. We ended up with several different versions, for example Aegis>Ferro or LandoT>Scrafty or Talonflame>Thund, or some combination of those 3 possibilities, but I ended up liking this variant the most. I really like the idea of SemiRoom Gardevoir with Choice Specs Politoed, as I feel the most important part of a Rain team is trying your hardest so that Politoed isn't a wasted slot, avoiding momentum drag and what comes out to be almost a 5v6. Some people do this through 2xSwiftSwimmers, or try to use it as a bulky switchin/utility, but pure straight power just gives you that oof that you can't get anywhere else. Overall a very cool team that I like, biggest issue would be lack of good sleep switchins, as my Amoonguss checks are either things that have to be on the field while Amoonguss is out, or utilizing the sheer power of Politoed + Kingdra to barrel through it.

Anyways that ended up being more a description of my thoughts on the team than anything else, so here's a description:

This team utilizes Trick Room Gardevoir, Scrafty, and Politoed as a potent Trick Room core while also being supplemented by very fast threats in Thundurus and Kingdra. Mainly, it utilizes a combination of Gardevoir, Ferrothorn, and Thundurus to avoid the worst Rain checks while beating opposing Sun through clever utilization of Rain Dance Kingdra. Stealth Rocks Ferrothorn is mainly there to deter opposing Kangaskhan as well as Fairies and set up rocks for the copious number of rock-weak threats in the meta.

Shoutouts Hashtag for being the madman who thought of Rain Dance Kingdra

Last edited:

Checkmater

is a Tiering Contributor
Mainly because the point of Rain Dance Kingdra is to enable Kingdra+X to actually win vs Char Y, whereas Thundurus already wins vs Char Y in itself.

ALRIGHT so we desperately need a Char-Y + Cress team up in here.

Charizard-Mega-Y @ Charizardite Y
Ability: Drought
Timid Nature
- Heat Wave
- Solar Beam
- Overheat
- Protect

Cresselia @ Safety Goggles
EVs: 252 HP / 4 SpA / 252 Def
Sassy Nature
- Psychic
- Icy Wind
- Calm Mind
- Moonlight

Adamant Nature
- U-turn
- Rock Slide
- Earthquake
- Superpower

Volcanion @ Leftovers
EVs: 112 HP / 252 SpA / 144 Spe
Modest Nature
- Heat Wave
- Steam Eruption
- Substitute
- Protect

Ferrothorn @ Rocky Helmet
Ability: Iron Barbs
EVs: 252 HP / 172 Atk / 84 Def
Brave Nature
- Gyro Ball
- Power Whip
- Leech Seed
- Protect

Hydreigon @ Life Orb
Timid Nature
- Dark Pulse
- Draco Meteor
- Earth Power
- Protect

So in a meta that positively adores Azu + Rachi, perhaps one of the best way to dampen its strengths is through the use of sun, and probably the best form of sun right now is Char-Y + Cress. The things that CM Cress hates most of all are steel types, and Char-Y absolutely obliterates those, and Cress's moonlight really appreciates the boost from sun. Char-Y, on the other hand, hates genies, dragons, and Diancie, all of which get put into very manageable positions after an icy wind from Cress.

From there, the core really just needs a couple of things: lots of Heatran, Lando-T, and Kang checks. So from there I added Lando-T, which provides a check to all those things listed before, and overall is just a solid addition to nearly every team.

Volcanion was added because it benefits from sun in the same manner as Heatran but also provides a way to KO Lando-T and Heatran.

Ferrothorn is beautiful. I have faced so many teams which simply don't have ways to deal with Ferrothorn once you take out one or two checks max. Even mons the resist both of its stab are widdled away or put in KO range in only a few turns of leech seed. It also beats both Lando-T and is the bane of Kang's very existence.

Finally, Hydreigon was added to do three things: check Volcanion, counter heatran, and draco the fuck out of everything.

P.S. If anyone has a more modern EV spread for ferrothorn, I would be down for an update. I'm not actually sure what the best current spread for that is.

Last edited:

MajorBowman

wouldst thou like to live fergaliciously?
is a Site Content Manager Alumnusis a Top Social Media Contributor Alumnusis a Senior Staff Member Alumnusis a Community Contributor Alumnusis a Top Tiering Contributor Alumnusis a Contributor Alumnusis a Dedicated Tournament Host Alumnusis a Battle Simulator Moderator Alumnus
I agree that Charizard + CM Cress is a really strong archetype so I thought I'd drop mine too. I've used this team a lot in tournaments and have had some pretty good success with it, thanks to Dawgie for the original squad.

Landorus-Therian @ Assault Vest
EVs: 4 HP / 244 Atk / 4 Def / 4 SpD / 252 Spe
Jolly Nature
- Earthquake
- Rock Slide
- Superpower
- U-turn

Cresselia @ Rocky Helmet
EVs: 236 HP / 84 Def / 24 SpA / 24 SpD / 140 Spe
Bold Nature
- Psychic
- Icy Wind
- Calm Mind
- Moonlight

Kyurem-Black @ Life Orb
Ability: Teravolt
EVs: 4 HP / 4 Def / 244 SpA / 4 SpD / 252 Spe
Timid Nature
- Ice Beam
- Earth Power
- Substitute
- Protect

EVs: 244 HP / 4 Def / 8 SpA / 116 SpD / 136 Spe
Calm Nature
- Hydro Pump
- Thunderbolt
- Will-O-Wisp
- Protect

Aegislash @ Leftovers
EVs: 252 HP / 4 Def / 244 SpA / 4 SpD / 4 Spe
Modest Nature
- Shadow Ball
- Substitute
- Wide Guard
- King's Shield

Charizard (F) @ Charizardite Y
Ability: Blaze
EVs: 252 HP / 12 Def / 56 SpA / 188 Spe
Modest Nature
- Heat Wave
- Solar Beam
- Hidden Power [Ground]
- Protect

The team can operate in a couple different ways, but it mainly tries to set up either Cresselia or Charizard as win conditions. Cress win conditions are pretty obvious, just boost until they can't touch you and then start whittling away. Charizard wincons are usually less clear (and I guess technically not 100% wincons because Heat Wave sucks) but a lot of times you can get some chip damage on a bunch of pokemon on the other team then just spam Heat Wave until they're dead. Landorus is an obvious pick, Charizard really appreciates Intimidate support and an electric immunity, and Assault Vest is Assault Best. Cresselia has some speed investment to take advantage of the Icy Winds, the rest is just generic bulk. Sub Life Orb Kyurem is pretty strong against stuff like Amoonguss and Heatran since it gets a free Sub and can OHKO either. It also helps a lot against Landorus (especially if they aren't Scarf) and Rotom, and can put a dent in Jirachi. Life Orb Ice Beams is pretty strong neutral coverage as well. Standard Rotom-W, just another check to Landorus and Heatran. Will-o-Wisp is also great for Charizard to cover its weaker physical defense. Wide Guard is another must on Charizard teams, and Aegislash is the perfect partner. We went with Sub to better check Garde + Amoonguss teams, as well as give Aegislash some more survivability. The original Charizard Dawg gave me had Overheat, but I like Hidden Power Ground as another way to chunk Heatran. If you're going for a Cresselia win condition, Heatran is one of the few Pokemon that even boosted Cress has a hard time dealing with. HP Ground gives the team one more way to eliminate Heatran before Cresselia gets dispatched, and I don't think Overheat is necessary the way I play this team.

FloristtheBudew

I'm just tired
I used this team for the summer seasonal, the doubles ladder tournament and the doubles open. So I used it for a few things. It's a strong mega Gard team but needs someone who can capitalise off the high speeds of the team.

EVs: 108 HP / 40 Def / 104 SpA / 4 SpD / 252 Spe
Timid Nature
- Hyper Voice
- Psychic
- Encore
- Protect

Scrafty @ Leftovers
EVs: 252 HP / 156 Atk / 44 Def / 56 SpD
Relaxed Nature
- Fake Out
- Drain Punch
- Knock Off
- Detect

Heatran @ Leftovers
EVs: 56 HP / 4 Def / 192 SpA / 4 SpD / 252 Spe
Timid Nature
- Heat Wave
- Earth Power
- Substitute
- Protect

Amoongus (Amoonguss) @ Rocky Helmet
Relaxed Nature
- Rage Powder
- Spore
- Giga Drain
- Protect

EVs: 148 HP / 184 Atk / 4 Def / 4 SpD / 168 Spe
Jolly Nature
- Earthquake
- Superpower
- Rock Slide
- Knock Off

EVs: 252 HP / 84 SpA / 40 SpD / 132 Spe
Calm Nature
- Thunderbolt
- Hydro Pump
- Thunder Wave
- Protect

So the idea of the team is to pretend to be mega Gardevoir semiroom. Allowing you to get unexpected damage on mid speed Pokemon like Hydreigion, Landorus and what not as they don't expect Gardevoir to be timid nature. It's designed to take -1 jolly mega kangaskhan double edge and with two Pokemon on the team having the ability intimidate. It's not hard to position yourself into that situation and it is important as you already are risking a speed tie with positive base 100s like mega Kangaskhan. Fast encore is fantastic at locking down slower more defensive teams or when you have speed control applied to faster teams.

I run Scrafty to help the team deal with things that threaten Gard like Heatran, Aegislash and mega Kangaskhan just as some examples. It's known to be on Gard semiroom and so it helps with the illusion of a slower team. Bringing fake out and intimidate helps add to it being a good supportive Pokemon. I like using Leftovers on Scrafty since it helps with switching in to a hit, using fake out and then retreating to repeat the process. So the item really helps prolong Scrafty's longevity throughout a game.

I think Heatran pairs so well with Gardevoir teams, as they have good offensive and defensive synergy. Timid substitute Heatran compliments the team well as it brings strong spread damage and can surprise opposing players with the faster speed timid gives it. As the assumption would be minimum speed Heatran with eruption when looking at this team at team preview. I gave it enough Hp EVs so it can substitute consecutively 5 times in a row as it will recover enough hp with leftovers to do so. I feel Heatran should be trying to sub as much as possible if the situation allows for it. Due to how it forces teams to use multiple moves to damage Heatran.

I think most effective Gardevoir teams should have a redirection Pokemon of some sort. With Jirachi and Amoonguss being the best at this role. I chose Amooonguss as it brings spore and redirection yet still adds to the assumption of Semiroom. The whole team makes use of Amoonguss and the support it brings to the table.

Next I went with one of the most effective Pokemon in the doubles ou tier, Landorus-Therian. I decided assault vest was the best item suited for the team. As it allows Landorus-T to still run 4 attacking moves but gives it the option to switch moves unlike choice scarf. While the added special bulk is also appreciated for the team as a lot of it is designed to sponge physical hits.

Finally I decided Rotom-Wash was the best option for the final team member. It brings important roles for the team. Noting it counters Volcanion very well, helps team issues in Landorus and Heatran match ups and it provides speed control. While the team is rather fast paced already, having the ability to control your board position via arguably the strongest speed adjustment move is hard to justify not having.

Overall the team can use defensive switching effectively and has the ability to put lots of spread and single target damage. The team I feel can educate players on how you can use player assumptions to your advantage, and has tools to both be disruptive and offensive.

I'll add some damage calculations because I feel it's best to be in the know about what the team can do offensively and defensively.
Gardevoir:
Offensive:
104 SpA Pixilate Mega Gardevoir Hyper Voice vs. 4 HP / 0 SpD Mega Kangaskhan: 157-186 (44.6 - 52.8%) -- 24.6% chance to 2HKO
104 SpA Pixilate Mega Gardevoir Hyper Voice vs. 4 HP / 0 SpD Kyurem-W: 314-372 (80.1 - 94.8%) -- guaranteed 2HKO
104 SpA Mega Gardevoir Psychic vs. 252 HP / 4 SpD Amoonguss: 386-456 (89.3 - 105.5%) -- 37.5% chance to OHKO
104 SpA Pixilate Mega Gardevoir Hyper Voice vs. 0 HP / 0 SpD Mega Diancie: 144-171 (59.7 - 70.9%) -- guaranteed 2HKO
Defensive:
-1 252 Atk Parental Bond Mega Kangaskhan Double-Edge vs. 108 HP / 40 Def Mega Gardevoir: 254-303 (83.5 - 99.6%) -- guaranteed 2HKO
252+ SpA Aegislash-Blade Shadow Ball vs. 108 HP / 0 SpD Mega Gardevoir: 248-294 (81.5 - 96.7%) -- guaranteed 2HKO
-1 252+ Atk Landorus-T Earthquake vs. 108 HP / 40 Def Mega Gardevoir: 130-154 (42.7 - 50.6%) -- 2% chance to 2HKO
24 Atk Jirachi Iron Head vs. 108 HP / 40 Def Mega Gardevoir: 236-282 (77.6 - 92.7%) -- guaranteed 2HKO

Scrafty:
Offensive:
156 Atk Scrafty Drain Punch vs. 4 HP / 0 Def Mega Kangaskhan: 176-210 (50 - 59.6%) -- guaranteed 2HKO
156 Atk Scrafty Drain Punch vs. 4 HP / 0 Def Heatran: 168-198 (51.8 - 61.1%) -- 93.4% chance to 2HKO after Leftovers recovery
156 Atk Scrafty Drain Punch vs. 4 HP / 0 Def Hydreigon: 192-228 (58.8 - 69.9%) -- guaranteed 2HKO
156 Atk Scrafty Knock Off (97.5 BP) vs. 4 HP / 0 Def Latios: 272-324 (90 - 107.2%) -- 43.8% chance to OHKO
Defensive:
252 SpA Life Orb Keldeo Secret Sword vs. 252 HP / 44+ Def Scrafty: 281-330 (84.1 - 98.8%) -- guaranteed 2HKO
252 SpA Heatran Heat Wave vs. 252 HP / 56 SpD Scrafty: 99-117 (29.6 - 35%) -- guaranteed 4HKO after Leftovers recovery
-1 252 Atk Parental Bond Mega Kangaskhan Double-Edge vs. 252 HP / 44+ Def Scrafty: 150-177 (44.9 - 52.9%) -- Miniscule chance to 2HKO after Leftovers recovery
252+ SpA Life Orb Hydreigon Draco Meteor vs. 252 HP / 56 SpD Scrafty: 250-294 (74.8 - 88%) -- guaranteed 2HKO after Leftovers recovery

Heatran:
Offensive:
192 SpA Heatran Heat Wave vs. 252 HP / 4 SpD Aegislash-Shield: 156-186 (48.1 - 57.4%) -- 89.5% chance to 2HKO
192 SpA Heatran Heat Wave vs. 4 HP / 0 SpD Mega Kangaskhan: 111-132 (31.5 - 37.5%) -- 86.3% chance to 3HKO
192 SpA Heatran Heat Wave vs. 252 HP / 4 SpD Amoonguss: 270-318 (62.5 - 73.6%) -- guaranteed 2HKO
Defensive:
196 SpA Rotom-W Hydro Pump vs. 56 HP / 4 SpD Heatran: 282-332 (83.6 - 98.5%) -- guaranteed 2HKO after Leftovers recovery
-1 252+ Atk Parental Bond Mega Kangaskhan Low Kick (120 BP) vs. 56 HP / 4 Def Heatran: 268-316 (79.5 - 93.7%) -- guaranteed 2HKO after Leftovers recovery
252+ Atk Huge Power Azumarill Aqua Jet vs. 56 HP / 4 Def Heatran: 152-180 (45.1 - 53.4%) -- 0.4% chance to 2HKO after Leftovers recovery
252 SpA Mega Charizard Y Hidden Power Ground vs. 56 HP / 4 SpD Heatran: 292-344 (86.6 - 102%) -- 12.5% chance to OHKO

Amoonguss:
Defensive:
252 Atk Parental Bond Mega Kangaskhan Fake Out vs. 252 HP / 220+ Def Amoonguss: 91-109 (21 - 25.2%) -- Miniscule chance to 4HKO
This plus the following calculation can not KO Amoonguss.
252 Atk Parental Bond Mega Kangaskhan Double-Edge vs. 252 HP / 220+ Def Amoonguss: 268-316 (62 - 73.1%) -- guaranteed 2HKO
252 SpA Mega Gardevoir Psychic vs. 252 HP / 36 SpD Amoonguss: 408-480 (94.4 - 111.1%) -- 68.8% chance to OHKO
252 SpA Life Orb Latios Psyshock vs. 252 HP / 220+ Def Amoonguss: 315-374 (72.9 - 86.5%) -- guaranteed 2HKO

Landorus-T:
Offensive:
184 Atk Landorus-T Earthquake vs. 252 HP / 4 Def Aegislash-Shield: 176-210 (54.3 - 64.8%) -- guaranteed 2HKO
184 Atk Landorus-T Superpower vs. 4 HP / 0 Def Mega Kangaskhan: 272-320 (77.2 - 90.9%) -- guaranteed 2HKO
184 Atk Landorus-T Rock Slide vs. 0 HP / 0 Def Mega Charizard Y: 316-372 (106.3 - 125.2%) -- guaranteed OHKO
184 Atk Landorus-T Earthquake vs. 252 HP / 0 Def Volcanion: 218-258 (59.8 - 70.8%) -- guaranteed 2HKO
Defensive:
252+ SpA Volcanion Steam Eruption vs. 148 HP / 4 SpD Assault Vest Landorus-T: 318-374 (89.3 - 105%) -- 31.3% chance to OHKO
252+ SpA Life Orb Pixilate Sylveon Hyper Voice vs. 148 HP / 4 SpD Assault Vest Landorus-T: 144-172 (40.4 - 48.3%) -- guaranteed 3HKO
252 SpA Pixilate Mega Gardevoir Hyper Voice vs. 148 HP / 4 SpD Assault Vest Landorus-T: 136-162 (38.2 - 45.5%) -- guaranteed 3HKO
252 SpA Life Orb Keldeo Scald vs. 148 HP / 4 SpD Assault Vest Landorus-T: 273-322 (76.6 - 90.4%) -- guaranteed 2HKO

Rotom-W:
Offensive:
84 SpA Rotom-W Thunderbolt vs. 4 HP / 0 SpD Talonflame: 300-354 (100.6 - 118.7%) -- guaranteed OHKO
84 SpA Rotom-W Hydro Pump vs. 4 HP / 0 SpD Terrakion: 294-348 (90.7 - 107.4%) -- 43.8% chance to OHKO
84 SpA Rotom-W Hydro Pump vs. 4 HP / 0 SpD Landorus-T: 320-380 (100 - 118.7%) -- guaranteed OHKO
84 SpA Rotom-W Thunderbolt vs. 252 HP / 20 SpD Mega Charizard Y: 192-228 (53.3 - 63.3%) -- guaranteed 2HKO
84 SpA Rotom-W Thunderbolt vs. 248 HP / 0 SpD Azumarill: 264-312 (65.5 - 77.4%) -- guaranteed 2HKO after Sitrus Berry recovery
Defensive:
252 SpA Mega Charizard Y Solar Beam vs. 252 HP / 40+ SpD Rotom-W: 250-296 (82.2 - 97.3%) -- guaranteed 2HKO after Sitrus Berry recovery
252+ Atk Parental Bond Mega Kangaskhan Double-Edge vs. 252 HP / 0 Def Rotom-W: 298-352 (98 - 115.7%) -- guaranteed 2HKO after Sitrus Berry recovery
252+ SpA Pixilate Mega Gardevoir Hyper Voice vs. 252 HP / 40+ SpD Rotom-W: 154-183 (50.6 - 60.1%) -- guaranteed 3HKO after Sitrus Berry recovery
252+ SpA Life Orb Hydreigon Draco Meteor vs. 252 HP / 40+ SpD Rotom-W: 243-289 (79.9 - 95%) -- guaranteed 2HKO after Sitrus Berry recovery

Hello friends. Since azumarill is here to stay I figured I'd post a pretty basic team that I built a while back and that KyleCole has a very similar version of.

Disclaimer: I know this is like 5/6 mons of Stax's team but its a very popular teambuild rn and I think is a good team for new players to see/use.
Azumarill @ Sitrus Berry
Ability: Huge Power
Adamant Nature
- Belly Drum
- Aqua Jet
- Knock Off
- Protect

Jirachi @ Safety Goggles
EVs: 252 HP / 92 Def / 164 SpD
Impish Nature
- Iron Head
- Follow Me
- Icy Wind
- Protect

Kangaskhan-Mega @ Kangaskhanite
Adamant Nature
- Fake Out
- Return
- Power-Up Punch
- Sucker Punch

Thundurus @ Sitrus Berry
EVs: 244 HP / 108 Def / 8 SpA / 128 SpD / 20 Spe
Modest Nature
- Thunderbolt
- Taunt
- Thunder Wave
- Protect

Adamant Nature
- Earthquake
- U-turn
- Rock Slide
- Superpower

Volcanion @ Leftovers
Timid Nature
- Heat Wave
- Steam Eruption
- Substitute
- Protect

The team is built around Azumarill, using some of its best and most common partners in the metagame without trying to be too flashy. Kangaskhan and Jirachi are both able to provide free turns for a potential Belly Drum with Fake Out and Follow Me. Thundurus and Landorus-t provide speed control, Intimidate and help to remove some of Azumarill's checks such as Volcanion and opposing Thundurus. Last Volcanion acts as a secondary win condition with its substitute set. The speed is something that I've always liked to tie with Breloom and outpace neutral base 70s and below.

I see there are not many volcanion teams so I decided to submit a team me and Yoda2798 made. Gave it to a few people for suspect and seasonal and feedback has been positive.

Mega Venu and Volcanion have pretty good synergy. Volcanion annihilates steels which Venu has trouble with while Venu checks water types that Voncanion struggles to touch. Jirachi serves as a Diancie and Gard check while its redirection helps Volcanion sub or Venu recover. Next we added Hydrei for dark coverage that further helps check common steels like jirachi and aegislash. It also offers speed control in tailwind and can serve as a general nuke with Draco Meteor. Lando was my next choice so act as a check to opposing Lando and to check threats like Talonflame and Charizard which give Rachi, Venu and Volcanion a hard time. Thundurus is a great Lando parter as it is an EQ immune and also checks bulky waters, as well as Volcanion which this team can struggle with dealing with.

EVs: 252 HP / 132 Def / 56 SpA / 68 Spe
Modest Nature
- Giga Drain
- Sludge Bomb
- Sleep Powder
- Synthesis

Volcanion @ Leftovers
EVs: 116 HP / 172 SpA / 220 Spe
Timid Nature
- Heat Wave
- Steam Eruption
- Substitute
- Protect

Jirachi @ Safety Goggles
EVs: 252 HP / 24 Atk / 92 Def / 124 SpD / 16 Spe
Impish Nature
- Iron Head
- Follow Me
- Helping Hand
- Protect

Hydreigon @ Life Orb
Modest Nature
- Draco Meteor
- Dark Pulse
- Tailwind
- Protect

EVs: 56 HP / 212 Atk / 56 Def / 184 Spe
Adamant Nature
- Earthquake
- Rock Slide
- U-turn
- Superpower

Thundurus @ Magnet
EVs: 44 HP / 212 SpA / 252 Spe
Timid Nature
- Thunderbolt
- Flash Cannon
- Thunder Wave
- Swagger
I second Matame and Yoda2798's Mega Venusaur team. When I used this team, most of my opponents had a very difficult time in giving any sense of pressure. My version (post-Swagger & AzuRachi meta) has more of a stalling approaching (Leed Seed... hehe) to victory, making opponents have second thoughts (idk... that's what they tell me). Thundurus obviously has its sets changed due to Swagger-Ban, and others work to pressure Talonflame and other things that wall Mega Venusaur. Overall, Matame and Yoda's team has an unique style of play and can offer an experience that is viable and extraordinary to new players.

My M-Venu has a different EV set. With Bold Nature, I can invest less on DEF (still surviving Talonflame's Brave Bird) and invest more in Sp. DEF, allowing Mega Venusaur to survive Mega Gardevoir and Latios's Psychic. I also decided to use Leed Seed cause the regular sets get walled by Steel types.

EVs: 248 HP / 36 Def / 64 SpA / 96 SpD / 64 Spe
Bold Nature
- Sludge Bomb
- Protect
- Giga Drain
- Leech Seed

Jirachi @ Safety Goggles
EVs: 252 HP / 100 Def / 156 SpD
Impish Nature
- Iron Head
- Stealth Rock
- Protect
- Follow Me

Hydreigon @ Life Orb
Timid Nature
- Earth Power
- Draco Meteor
- Protect
- Dark Pulse

Adamant Nature
- Earthquake
- Superpower
- U-turn
- Rock Slide

Thundurus @ Sitrus Berry
EVs: 172 HP / 60 Def / 252 SpA / 24 Spe
Modest Nature
- Thunder Wave
- Hidden Power [Ice]
- Taunt
- Thunderbolt

Volcanion @ Leftovers
EVs: 212 HP / 252 SpA / 44 SpD
Modest Nature
- Heat Wave
- Steam Eruption
- Protect
- Substitute

Original Credit / Inspired by: Matame & Yoda

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

I used this team for the summer seasonal, the doubles ladder tournament and the doubles open. So I used it for a few things. It's a strong mega Gard team but needs someone who can capitalise off the high speeds of the team.

EVs: 108 HP / 40 Def / 104 SpA / 4 SpD / 252 Spe
Timid Nature
- Hyper Voice
- Psychic
- Encore
- Protect

Scrafty @ Leftovers
EVs: 252 HP / 156 Atk / 44 Def / 56 SpD
Relaxed Nature
- Fake Out
- Drain Punch
- Knock Off
- Detect

Heatran @ Leftovers
EVs: 56 HP / 4 Def / 192 SpA / 4 SpD / 252 Spe
Timid Nature
- Heat Wave
- Earth Power
- Substitute
- Protect

Amoongus (Amoonguss) @ Rocky Helmet
Relaxed Nature
- Rage Powder
- Spore
- Giga Drain
- Protect

EVs: 148 HP / 184 Atk / 4 Def / 4 SpD / 168 Spe
Jolly Nature
- Earthquake
- Superpower
- Rock Slide
- Knock Off

EVs: 252 HP / 84 SpA / 40 SpD / 132 Spe
Calm Nature
- Thunderbolt
- Hydro Pump
- Thunder Wave
- Protect

So the idea of the team is to pretend to be mega Gardevoir semiroom. Allowing you to get unexpected damage on mid speed Pokemon like Hydreigion, Landorus and what not as they don't expect Gardevoir to be timid nature. It's designed to take -1 jolly mega kangaskhan double edge and with two Pokemon on the team having the ability intimidate. It's not hard to position yourself into that situation and it is important as you already are risking a speed tie with positive base 100s like mega Kangaskhan. Fast encore is fantastic at locking down slower more defensive teams or when you have speed control applied to faster teams.

I run Scrafty to help the team deal with things that threaten Gard like Heatran, Aegislash and mega Kangaskhan just as some examples. It's known to be on Gard semiroom and so it helps with the illusion of a slower team. Bringing fake out and intimidate helps add to it being a good supportive Pokemon. I like using Leftovers on Scrafty since it helps with switching in to a hit, using fake out and then retreating to repeat the process. So the item really helps prolong Scrafty's longevity throughout a game.

I think Heatran pairs so well with Gardevoir teams, as they have good offensive and defensive synergy. Timid substitute Heatran compliments the team well as it brings strong spread damage and can surprise opposing players with the faster speed timid gives it. As the assumption would be minimum speed Heatran with eruption when looking at this team at team preview. I gave it enough Hp EVs so it can substitute consecutively 5 times in a row as it will recover enough hp with leftovers to do so. I feel Heatran should be trying to sub as much as possible if the situation allows for it. Due to how it forces teams to use multiple moves to damage Heatran.

I think most effective Gardevoir teams should have a redirection Pokemon of some sort. With Jirachi and Amoonguss being the best at this role. I chose Amooonguss as it brings spore and redirection yet still adds to the assumption of Semiroom. The whole team makes use of Amoonguss and the support it brings to the table.

Next I went with one of the most effective Pokemon in the doubles ou tier, Landorus-Therian. I decided assault vest was the best item suited for the team. As it allows Landorus-T to still run 4 attacking moves but gives it the option to switch moves unlike choice scarf. While the added special bulk is also appreciated for the team as a lot of it is designed to sponge physical hits.

Finally I decided Rotom-Wash was the best option for the final team member. It brings important roles for the team. Noting it counters Volcanion very well, helps team issues in Landorus and Heatran match ups and it provides speed control. While the team is rather fast paced already, having the ability to control your board position via arguably the strongest speed adjustment move is hard to justify not having.

Overall the team can use defensive switching effectively and has the ability to put lots of spread and single target damage. The team I feel can educate players on how you can use player assumptions to your advantage, and has tools to both be disruptive and offensive.

I'll add some damage calculations because I feel it's best to be in the know about what the team can do offensively and defensively.
Gardevoir:
Offensive:
104 SpA Pixilate Mega Gardevoir Hyper Voice vs. 4 HP / 0 SpD Mega Kangaskhan: 157-186 (44.6 - 52.8%) -- 24.6% chance to 2HKO
104 SpA Pixilate Mega Gardevoir Hyper Voice vs. 4 HP / 0 SpD Kyurem-W: 314-372 (80.1 - 94.8%) -- guaranteed 2HKO
104 SpA Mega Gardevoir Psychic vs. 252 HP / 4 SpD Amoonguss: 386-456 (89.3 - 105.5%) -- 37.5% chance to OHKO
104 SpA Pixilate Mega Gardevoir Hyper Voice vs. 0 HP / 0 SpD Mega Diancie: 144-171 (59.7 - 70.9%) -- guaranteed 2HKO
Defensive:
-1 252 Atk Parental Bond Mega Kangaskhan Double-Edge vs. 108 HP / 40 Def Mega Gardevoir: 254-303 (83.5 - 99.6%) -- guaranteed 2HKO
252+ SpA Aegislash-Blade Shadow Ball vs. 108 HP / 0 SpD Mega Gardevoir: 248-294 (81.5 - 96.7%) -- guaranteed 2HKO
-1 252+ Atk Landorus-T Earthquake vs. 108 HP / 40 Def Mega Gardevoir: 130-154 (42.7 - 50.6%) -- 2% chance to 2HKO
24 Atk Jirachi Iron Head vs. 108 HP / 40 Def Mega Gardevoir: 236-282 (77.6 - 92.7%) -- guaranteed 2HKO

Scrafty:
Offensive:
156 Atk Scrafty Drain Punch vs. 4 HP / 0 Def Mega Kangaskhan: 176-210 (50 - 59.6%) -- guaranteed 2HKO
156 Atk Scrafty Drain Punch vs. 4 HP / 0 Def Heatran: 168-198 (51.8 - 61.1%) -- 93.4% chance to 2HKO after Leftovers recovery
156 Atk Scrafty Drain Punch vs. 4 HP / 0 Def Hydreigon: 192-228 (58.8 - 69.9%) -- guaranteed 2HKO
156 Atk Scrafty Knock Off (97.5 BP) vs. 4 HP / 0 Def Latios: 272-324 (90 - 107.2%) -- 43.8% chance to OHKO
Defensive:
252 SpA Life Orb Keldeo Secret Sword vs. 252 HP / 44+ Def Scrafty: 281-330 (84.1 - 98.8%) -- guaranteed 2HKO
252 SpA Heatran Heat Wave vs. 252 HP / 56 SpD Scrafty: 99-117 (29.6 - 35%) -- guaranteed 4HKO after Leftovers recovery
-1 252 Atk Parental Bond Mega Kangaskhan Double-Edge vs. 252 HP / 44+ Def Scrafty: 150-177 (44.9 - 52.9%) -- Miniscule chance to 2HKO after Leftovers recovery
252+ SpA Life Orb Hydreigon Draco Meteor vs. 252 HP / 56 SpD Scrafty: 250-294 (74.8 - 88%) -- guaranteed 2HKO after Leftovers recovery

Heatran:
Offensive:
192 SpA Heatran Heat Wave vs. 252 HP / 4 SpD Aegislash-Shield: 156-186 (48.1 - 57.4%) -- 89.5% chance to 2HKO
192 SpA Heatran Heat Wave vs. 4 HP / 0 SpD Mega Kangaskhan: 111-132 (31.5 - 37.5%) -- 86.3% chance to 3HKO
192 SpA Heatran Heat Wave vs. 252 HP / 4 SpD Amoonguss: 270-318 (62.5 - 73.6%) -- guaranteed 2HKO
Defensive:
196 SpA Rotom-W Hydro Pump vs. 56 HP / 4 SpD Heatran: 282-332 (83.6 - 98.5%) -- guaranteed 2HKO after Leftovers recovery
-1 252+ Atk Parental Bond Mega Kangaskhan Low Kick (120 BP) vs. 56 HP / 4 Def Heatran: 268-316 (79.5 - 93.7%) -- guaranteed 2HKO after Leftovers recovery
252+ Atk Huge Power Azumarill Aqua Jet vs. 56 HP / 4 Def Heatran: 152-180 (45.1 - 53.4%) -- 0.4% chance to 2HKO after Leftovers recovery
252 SpA Mega Charizard Y Hidden Power Ground vs. 56 HP / 4 SpD Heatran: 292-344 (86.6 - 102%) -- 12.5% chance to OHKO

Amoonguss:
Defensive:
252 Atk Parental Bond Mega Kangaskhan Fake Out vs. 252 HP / 220+ Def Amoonguss: 91-109 (21 - 25.2%) -- Miniscule chance to 4HKO
This plus the following calculation can not KO Amoonguss.
252 Atk Parental Bond Mega Kangaskhan Double-Edge vs. 252 HP / 220+ Def Amoonguss: 268-316 (62 - 73.1%) -- guaranteed 2HKO
252 SpA Mega Gardevoir Psychic vs. 252 HP / 36 SpD Amoonguss: 408-480 (94.4 - 111.1%) -- 68.8% chance to OHKO
252 SpA Life Orb Latios Psyshock vs. 252 HP / 220+ Def Amoonguss: 315-374 (72.9 - 86.5%) -- guaranteed 2HKO

Landorus-T:
Offensive:
184 Atk Landorus-T Earthquake vs. 252 HP / 4 Def Aegislash-Shield: 176-210 (54.3 - 64.8%) -- guaranteed 2HKO
184 Atk Landorus-T Superpower vs. 4 HP / 0 Def Mega Kangaskhan: 272-320 (77.2 - 90.9%) -- guaranteed 2HKO
184 Atk Landorus-T Rock Slide vs. 0 HP / 0 Def Mega Charizard Y: 316-372 (106.3 - 125.2%) -- guaranteed OHKO
184 Atk Landorus-T Earthquake vs. 252 HP / 0 Def Volcanion: 218-258 (59.8 - 70.8%) -- guaranteed 2HKO
Defensive:
252+ SpA Volcanion Steam Eruption vs. 148 HP / 4 SpD Assault Vest Landorus-T: 318-374 (89.3 - 105%) -- 31.3% chance to OHKO
252+ SpA Life Orb Pixilate Sylveon Hyper Voice vs. 148 HP / 4 SpD Assault Vest Landorus-T: 144-172 (40.4 - 48.3%) -- guaranteed 3HKO
252 SpA Pixilate Mega Gardevoir Hyper Voice vs. 148 HP / 4 SpD Assault Vest Landorus-T: 136-162 (38.2 - 45.5%) -- guaranteed 3HKO
252 SpA Life Orb Keldeo Scald vs. 148 HP / 4 SpD Assault Vest Landorus-T: 273-322 (76.6 - 90.4%) -- guaranteed 2HKO

Rotom-W:
Offensive:
84 SpA Rotom-W Thunderbolt vs. 4 HP / 0 SpD Talonflame: 300-354 (100.6 - 118.7%) -- guaranteed OHKO
84 SpA Rotom-W Hydro Pump vs. 4 HP / 0 SpD Terrakion: 294-348 (90.7 - 107.4%) -- 43.8% chance to OHKO
84 SpA Rotom-W Hydro Pump vs. 4 HP / 0 SpD Landorus-T: 320-380 (100 - 118.7%) -- guaranteed OHKO
84 SpA Rotom-W Thunderbolt vs. 252 HP / 20 SpD Mega Charizard Y: 192-228 (53.3 - 63.3%) -- guaranteed 2HKO
84 SpA Rotom-W Thunderbolt vs. 248 HP / 0 SpD Azumarill: 264-312 (65.5 - 77.4%) -- guaranteed 2HKO after Sitrus Berry recovery
Defensive:
252 SpA Mega Charizard Y Solar Beam vs. 252 HP / 40+ SpD Rotom-W: 250-296 (82.2 - 97.3%) -- guaranteed 2HKO after Sitrus Berry recovery
252+ Atk Parental Bond Mega Kangaskhan Double-Edge vs. 252 HP / 0 Def Rotom-W: 298-352 (98 - 115.7%) -- guaranteed 2HKO after Sitrus Berry recovery
252+ SpA Pixilate Mega Gardevoir Hyper Voice vs. 252 HP / 40+ SpD Rotom-W: 154-183 (50.6 - 60.1%) -- guaranteed 3HKO after Sitrus Berry recovery
252+ SpA Life Orb Hydreigon Draco Meteor vs. 252 HP / 40+ SpD Rotom-W: 243-289 (79.9 - 95%) -- guaranteed 2HKO after Sitrus Berry recovery
FloristtheBudew's team is a great team; like I said, I really like teams that makes opponents second think their strategies. And this inspired to bring my own Gardevoir team. To be honest, Gardevoir + Amoonguss + Scrafty is a really amazing core, and even better (imo) under Trick Room. (For info on Amoonguss + Scrafty defensive core: http://www.smogon.com/forums/threads/dou-effective-cores.3540676/page-8#post-6930533.) Adding Tailwind to what supposed to a Semi-Trick Room adds up to the constant pressure, making this team an excellent team for new players to try out.

Info (Offensive & Defensive) on Test Bot's AV Lando and SG Volcanion: http://pastebin.com/VA8yuVnN

Ability: Pixilate
EVs: 252 HP / 16 Def / 132 SpA / 108 Spe
Modest Nature
- Trick Room
- Hyper Voice
- Psychic
- Protect

Amoonguss @ Sitrus Berry
EVs: 252 HP / 108 Def / 148 SpD
Sassy Nature
- Giga Drain
- Rage Powder
- Spore
- Protect

Scrafty @ Lum Berry
Brave Nature
- Knock Off
- Quick Guard
- Fake Out
- Drain Punch

EVs: 144 HP / 132 Atk / 24 Def / 24 SpD / 184 Spe
Adamant Nature
- Earthquake
- Superpower
- U-turn
- Rock Slide

Zapdos @ Sitrus Berry
Ability: Static
EVs: 148 HP / 252 SpA / 108 Spe
Modest Nature
- Thunderbolt
- Hidden Power [Ice]
- Roost
- Tailwind

Volcanion @ Safety Goggles
EVs: 212 HP / 108 SpA / 44 SpD / 144 Spe
Modest Nature
- Sludge Bomb / Earth Power
- Steam Eruption
- Protect
- Heat Wave

Reviewed/advised by SamVGC (thanks for the help)

Last edited:
i do agree that it's been a while i've seen a new sample. I'd like it if there was some sort of council to these, like in the viability rankings, with a vote on wether to add or not a submited team, with a post of the reasoning behind the vote. it would help the submitter and possibly the whole community if the team makes it.

I am not, strictly speaking saying that i believe that this team is sample worthy (am also not saying that I dont believe it), but I do think that more people should consider building around sub aegislash, and this team is a solid framework for it. Start with the really nice amoongus, kang, aegi core, add some speed and a breaker, and you are good to go.

Consider the below replay where one nice switch put me in cruise control to autopilot to victory from turn two. Granted the guy could have used his encore counterplay a bit better, but the point is that from turn 2, aegi's sub completely fucked with whatever he was wanting to do.

Pros of fast sub aegi are:
1) wins the mirror match virtually every time
2) completely ruins amoongus's ability to keep it under control, which a lot of teams utilize to avoid getting blasted by WP boosted attacks
3) ruins trick rooms day
4) fucks with physical attackers even harder (scrafty couldn't really check it effectively)
5) stays on the field an incredibly long time (18 out of 19 turns in the replay)

The major con is that it requires a team to be built around it (ie zard and diancie want wide guard too badly, and fake out is close to mandatory), but as I alluded to above, I don't think this is too hard. I would describe what sub aegi does simply as what ferrothorn wants to be in terms of a bulky win condition. More than anything, people just really arent prepared for it.

Aegislash @ Leftovers
EVs: 176 HP / 252 SpA / 80 Spe
Modest Nature
- Substitute
- Shadow Ball
- Flash Cannon
- King's Shield

Hydreigon @ Life Orb
Modest Nature
- Dark Pulse
- Draco Meteor
- Fire Blast
- Protect

Kangaskhan-Mega @ Kangaskhanite
Adamant Nature
- Fake Out
- Return
- Power-Up Punch
- Sucker Punch

Adamant Nature
- Earthquake
- Rock Slide
- U-turn
- Superpower

Talonflame @ Life Orb
Ability: Gale Wings
Adamant Nature
- Brave Bird
- Flare Blitz
- Tailwind
- Protect

Amoonguss @ Sitrus Berry
EVs: 240 HP / 216 Def / 52 SpD
Sassy Nature
- Spore
- Rage Powder
- Giga Drain
- Protect

http://replay.pokemonshowdown.com/doublesou-445116164

Checkmater

is a Tiering Contributor
SCREAM QUEEN

tale of a gurl (Gardevoir-Mega) @ Gardevoirite
Ability: Telepathy
EVs: 8 HP / 148 Def / 100 SpA / 252 Spe
Timid Nature
- Hyper Voice
- Psychic
- Calm Mind
- Protect

Volcanion @ Leftovers
EVs: 192 HP / 160 SpA / 156 Spe
Modest Nature
- Steam Eruption
- Heat Wave
- Substitute
- Protect

Thundurus @ Sitrus Berry
EVs: 252 HP / 144 Def / 112 Spe
Timid Nature
- Volt Switch
- Hidden Power [Ice]
- Thunder Wave
- Taunt

Jirachi @ Rocky Helmet
EVs: 252 HP / 72 SpD / 184 Spe
Jolly Nature
- Iron Head
- Follow Me
- Stealth Rock
- Healing Wish

Hydreigon @ Life Orb
Timid Nature
- Draco Meteor
- Dark Pulse
- Tailwind
- Protect

Jolly Nature
- Earthquake
- U-turn
- Rock Slide
- Explosion

http://pastebin.com/qqLyYjdg

So this team focuses on using CM Garde, in combination with Volcanion. As far as teambuilding process goes it started out as volcarona with azu (a version I still like), then stuff like volcarona + rotom-wash, and eventually I tried volcanion and liked it a lot. While Volcarona was probably best for the Fairy-mu it ended up gimping me against stuff like Heatran and Volcanion. Plus Volcanion is just very good in general.

Set explanations:
  • Fast Garde prevents you from being stopped by Kang/Lando revenge KOs after being setup and clearing
  • Jirachi is fast to compensate for opposing Gardevoir but also to pull off healing wish sacks better
  • Thundurus is bulky except fast enough to outspeed jolly av lando. Feels like stuff in 310-350 isn't worth going full max speed, as I'd just twave most of it anyways, and can't do anything against diancie anyways
The team functions by centering on out positioning a opponent while chipping at their team members with stealth rocks and switch-moves (Volt Switch, U-Turn). Thus, it gets either Volcanion into the right position or lets Gardevoir setup. It does especially well against Kang teams, as Gardevoir generally does very well against Kangaskhan teams, which usually run lots of special-attackers weak to Gardevoir, giving it ample opportunities to setup. Overall, I've really enjoyed using this team and developing it as ORAS comes to a close in my final ORAS seasonal. It has some difficulties if an opponent gets into the right position with their own Gardevoir, so I would say Garde mirror against a Garde team that has Aegislash or Lando-I is the most difficult matchup.

Last edited:

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 0)