Resource Doubles OU Sample Teams and Team Showcase

Status
Not open for further replies.

MajorBowman

wouldst thou like to live fergaliciously?
is a Site Content Manager Alumnusis a Top Social Media Contributor Alumnusis a Senior Staff Member Alumnusis a Community Contributor Alumnusis a Top Tiering Contributor Alumnusis a Contributor Alumnusis a Dedicated Tournament Host Alumnusis a Battle Simulator Moderator Alumnus

Welcome to the Sample Teams and Team Showcase thread! This thread is meant to highlight the best of the best teams in the Doubles OU tier. Sample Teams are exemplary teams that have proven themselves to be good and are basic enough for beginners to use, allowing them to pick up the fundamentals of teambuilding and doubles play. Sample Teams will be hosted in the 2nd post in this thread.

Teams are to be labeled as samples at the discretion of Doubles OU staff, including but not limited to the DOU Council, VR ranking team, and forum moderators. In any case, do not ask us to put your team here. If we think a team is a good fit for sampling, it will be included.

What is the Team Showcase?
The Team Showcase is meant to highlight the best teams posted in the Team Bazaar thread or elsewhere in the Doubles OU forum. The Samples and Showcase thread (which you are currently reading) will be permanently locked, but everyone is welcome to post their teams in the Bazaar thread. If a team from the Bazaar thread (or another public thread like team tournament team dumps) is deemed worthy of higher praise, it will be moved here! Showcase teams are, in principle, different from Sample Teams in that they are maybe a bit more intricate, harder to pick up and use, or slightly weaker to common threats, but still great teams nonetheless. Teams in the Team Showcase are generally well-known, successful teams that either highlight some uniquely doubles strategies or embody the state of the tier at a given time. Again, please do not message us asking for your team to be added to the Showcase - we will see which teams are posted and decide to highlight the best! While Sample teams will be the 2nd post in this thread, all subsequent posts will comprise the Team Showcase.

Additional Resources

The sample teams listed below have been curated as effective, yet easy-to-use teams that new and experienced players alike can use with good success. However, it is by no means an all-inclusive list of teams that are worth trying out. Here are some other places worth checking if you're still wanting more teams:

• Team Bazaar 2.0
    Just because sample teams are included in this thread, doesn't mean every team posted in the DOU forum has to be top-tier. Remember the core purpose of the Team Bazaar thread, which is to be simply a thread where anyone can share teams they like! If someone liked a team enough to post it, chances are you might like it enough to use it! Feel free to make suggestions to other people's teams and talk about them!

• Teambuilding Frameworks (hosted by Checkmater and Frania)
    This thread contains a comprehensive list of teams that have been successful in high-level play, organized by the archetypes that are commonly built around. It also teaches you how to start building your own teams, based on commonalities in how veteran players are building theirs.

• Teambuilding Competition (hosted by laptops)
    Each week, Doubles OU players are challenged to build the best team around a particular Pokemon or theme. At the end of each week, people vote for the best team, which is inducted into a "Hall of Fame." Some really solid teams have emerged from this competition, including my Camerupt Trick Room team listed in the samples!

• Post-tournament "team dump" threads
    After high-level tournaments like Smogon Premier League, Smogon Snake Draft, and Doubles Invitationals conclude, it is common for players from those tournaments to post "team dump" threads where they provide importables and descriptions of the teams they used. Keep your eyes peeled for these types of threads!

Last edited:

MajorBowman

is a Site Content Manager Alumnusis a Top Social Media Contributor Alumnusis a Senior Staff Member Alumnusis a Community Contributor Alumnusis a Top Tiering Contributor Alumnusis a Contributor Alumnusis a Dedicated Tournament Host Alumnusis a Battle Simulator Moderator Alumnus
Sample Teams

Metagross Tailwind Offense
by EmbCPT
Incineroar @ Figy Berry
Ability: Intimidate
EVs: 64 HP / 28 Atk / 248 SpD / 168 Spe
Adamant Nature
- Fake Out
- Flare Blitz
- Knock Off
- Protect

Tapu Fini @ Mago Berry
Ability: Misty Surge
Happiness: 0
EVs: 248 HP / 200 Def / 60 Spe
Bold Nature
IVs: 0 Atk
- Muddy Water
- Moonblast
- Heal Pulse
- Protect

Metagross @ Metagrossite
Ability: Clear Body
EVs: 252 Atk / 4 SpD / 252 Spe
Jolly Nature
- Iron Head
- Ice Punch
- Stomping Tantrum
- Protect

Zapdos @ Misty Seed
Ability: Static
Happiness: 0
EVs: 232 HP / 132 Def / 56 SpA / 72 SpD / 16 Spe
Modest Nature
- Thunderbolt
- Heat Wave
- Tailwind
- Roost

Amoonguss @ Wiki Berry
Ability: Regenerator
EVs: 252 HP / 152 Def / 104 SpD
Relaxed Nature
IVs: 0 Atk / 0 Spe
- Spore
- Rage Powder
- Giga Drain
- Clear Smog

Landorus-Therian @ Groundium Z
EVs: 248 HP / 12 Atk / 28 SpD / 220 Spe
Adamant Nature
- Earthquake
- Knock Off
- Stealth Rock
- U-turn
The idea behind this team was to utilize the amazing synergy Tapu Fini, Zapdos, Landorus-T and Mega Metagross have. Their offensive coverage is out of this world, they're all very high tier Pokémon with solid stats and they cover for each other's weaknesses brilliantly. It's by itself a core that includes Intimidate, Terrain control, Speed control, a Mega and a Steel type, 5 features that are nearly necessary on every team. Amoonguss is an outstanding Pokémon that supports the team with redirection, which is extremely helpful against many common matchups; Spore, which can pressure Flying types and levitators like opposing Zapdos and Landorus, as well as teams with Tapu Bulu or no Tapu at all; Giga Drain, which helps breaking certain Water types, mainly the ones seen in Rain teams; and Clear Smog, a valuable tool against set up strategies. Incineroar patches up some weaknesses like Ghost and Dark, while providing more Intimidate, Fake Out support and checking opposing Steel types. Both Amoonguss and Incineroar offer immense help against Trick Room teams, since the former often outspeeds some of the sweepers under the twisted dimensions and puts them to sleep, and both brilliantly stall out its turns thanks to Fake Out and Rage Powder.

Scizor Balance
by MajorBowman
Hate That You Know Me (Kyurem-Black) @ Electrium Z
Ability: Teravolt
EVs: 204 Atk / 52 SpA / 252 Spe
Hasty Nature
- Ice Beam
- Fusion Bolt
- Earth Power
- Protect

Let's Get Married (Tapu Koko) @ Magnet
Ability: Electric Surge
EVs: 4 HP / 252 SpA / 252 Spe
Timid Nature
- Thunderbolt
- Hidden Power [Ice]
- Volt Switch
- Protect

Foreign Girls (Gothitelle) @ Wiki Berry
Ability: Shadow Tag
EVs: 252 HP / 32 Def / 216 SpD / 8 Spe
Calm Nature
- Psychic
- Taunt
- Helping Hand
- Protect

Goodbye (Landorus-Therian) @ Iapapa Berry
EVs: 252 HP / 88 SpA / 168 Spe
Modest Nature
- Earth Power
- Knock Off
- U-turn
- Stealth Rock

I Miss Those Days (Volcanion) @ Leftovers
Ability: Water Absorb
EVs: 240 HP / 248 SpA / 16 SpD / 4 Spe
Modest Nature
- Steam Eruption
- Heat Wave
- Substitute
- Protect

All My Heroes (Scizor-Mega) @ Scizorite
Ability: Light Metal
EVs: 248 HP / 136 Atk / 40 SpD / 84 Spe
Adamant Nature
- Bullet Punch
- Bug Bite
- Swords Dance
- Protect
In keeping with the Electric Spam theme from week 6 against Jhon, talkingtree and I once again decided that Koko + Kyurem was a good call. We switched it up this time however, and went with Electrium Z Kyurem and Magnet Koko to make Kyurem more of a nuke option. We knew that Edu liked using Tapu Fini, so we wanted to be able to lure it in against Kyurem and snipe it. While Edu didn't bring Fini, he did bring another Water/Fairy type that suffered an unfortunate fate at the hands of Gigavolt Havoc. Scizor is still a pretty cool Pokemon that I think has a pretty great niche in setup attacker with strong priority, and we already had some solid answers to fire types so it felt like a good fit. My Belgian hero McMeghan had been suggesting that Shadow Tag was a stupid good ability that I hadn't taken advantage of yet, so I decided to give Gothitelle a shot and was absolutely not disappointed. I haven't really touched Goth that much in USUM DOU since I was never really a big fan of using GothLax. However, Gothitelle is super good as a standalone Pokemon with a ton of support options. I literally said in Tigers chat "I'm kind of a whore for Helping Hand" and that was probably pretty evident from this game against Edu.

Camerupt Trick Room by miltankmilk
Camerupt-Mega @ Cameruptite
Ability: Magma Armor
EVs: 248 HP / 8 Def / 252 SpA
Quiet Nature
- Heat Wave
- Earth Power
- Substitute
- Protect

Stakataka @ Shuca Berry
Ability: Beast Boost
EVs: 252 HP / 252 Atk / 4 SpD
Lonely Nature
IVs: 15 Def / 0 Spe
- Gyro Ball
- Rock Slide
- Trick Room
- Protect

Scrafty @ Iapapa Berry
EVs: 252 HP / 252 Atk / 4 Def
Brave Nature
IVs: 0 Spe
- Fake Out
- Knock Off
- Low Kick
- Ice Punch

Tapu Bulu @ Grassium Z
Ability: Grassy Surge
Brave Nature
- Wood Hammer
- Superpower
- Swords Dance
- Protect

Diancie @ Weakness Policy
EVs: 252 HP / 140 Atk / 116 SpD
Brave Nature
- Diamond Storm
- Moonblast
- Trick Room
- Protect

Porygon2 @ Eviolite
Ability: Download
EVs: 252 HP / 132 Def / 16 SpA / 108 SpD
Quiet Nature
- Thunderbolt
- Ice Beam
- Trick Room
- Recover
This team started with the idea that Diancie was actually a pretty cool pick, with good matchups vs incin and gengar. The obvious choice was to use Trick Room options along with diancie, and a full room team was an idea that sounded cool to me as it hadn't been something played a lot in DPL. Camerupt and Staka are TR staples, hitting very hard and moving very slowly. Scrafty supports the TR setters with fake out and intimidate, and was not weak to water like other intimidate options which I felt was important in improving the Fini matchups while using diancie, camel, staka. Bulu also helps this weakness, helps to control terrain and hits very hard with its Z move. P2 is the last mon here, its fat and does p2 things including doing respectable damage with a good download boost and setting trick room multiple times. Hard TR is definitely a "lets play the matchup roulette" kind of team but I think in the current meta you win that gamble more than you lose it with fullroom, enjoy.

Mega Charizard Y Offense
by emforbes
Charizard-Mega-Y @ Charizardite Y
Ability: Drought
EVs: 252 SpA / 4 SpD / 252 Spe
Timid Nature
- Heat Wave
- Overheat
- Solar Beam
- Protect

Kommo-o @ Kommonium Z
Ability: Soundproof
Modest Nature
- Clanging Scales
- Stealth Rock
- Flamethrower
- Protect

Kartana @ Focus Sash
Shiny: Yes
Jolly Nature
- Leaf Blade
- Sacred Sword
- Tailwind
- Detect

Tapu Koko @ Life Orb
Timid Nature
- Thunderbolt
- Volt Switch
- Dazzling Gleam
- Protect

Porygon2 @ Eviolite
EVs: 248 HP / 68 Def / 192 SpA
Quiet Nature
IVs: 0 Atk / 2 Spe
- Icy Wind
- Thunderbolt
- Recover
- Ally Switch

Landorus-Therian @ Iapapa Berry
EVs: 232 HP / 12 Atk / 56 Def / 4 SpD / 204 Spe
Adamant Nature
- Earthquake
- U-turn
- Defog
- Protect
The team is quite a straightforward Charizard team, which aims to put huge pressure on the opponent with the combination of Charizard + Koko + Kartana and set up facilitate a Kommo-o setup. Kartana is very fast and provides Tailwind support for the breakers on the team, and with Koko gives good Tapu Fini answers. Porygon2 and Landorus-T give the team a bulkier side to it, while also providing good Koko checks, alternative speed control and Defog support for Charizard. Ally Switch can be key in protecting Charizard or Kommo-o for that key turn to get some big damage off. Stealth Rock on Kommo-o can take advantage of defensive plays from the opponent and really pressure the opposing team with the big damage output the team has. Most of the EV spreads are quite simple, with Charizards being notable to outspeed Tapu Lele and Kyurem-B, OHKOing offensive variants with Overheat. Typically your game plan should be to hit hard with Charizard early in the game and get Tailwind up as quickly as possible to find a good opportunity to set Kommo-o up. Keep rocks off of your side of the field at all times and make use of your pivots in Koko, Landorus and Porygon2 to keep terrain control and pressure, especially vs. rain teams. It is very important to note that if both players have Stealth Rock set up, you can Defog your partner to remove rocks from your side of the field, but keep them up on your opponents side of the field.

Mega Manectric Tailwind Offense
by stax
Manectric @ Manectite
Ability: Lightning Rod
EVs: 132 HP / 124 SpA / 252 Spe
Timid Nature
- Volt Switch
- Overheat
- Snarl
- Protect

Incineroar @ Aguav Berry
EVs: 252 HP / 100 Def / 156 SpD
Sassy Nature
- Flare Blitz
- U-turn
- Fake Out
- Knock Off

Tapu Fini @ Wiki Berry
EVs: 252 HP / 40 Def / 168 SpA / 32 SpD / 16 Spe
Calm Nature
- Muddy Water
- Moonblast
- Calm Mind
- Protect

Kartana @ Grassium Z
EVs: 72 HP / 252 SpD / 184 Spe
Jolly Nature
- Leaf Blade
- Sacred Sword
- Substitute
- Protect

Zygarde @ Choice Band
Ability: Aura Break
EVs: 4 HP / 252 Atk / 252 Spe
Adamant Nature
- Thousand Arrows
- Thousand Waves
- Extreme Speed
- Superpower

Mew @ Mago Berry
Ability: Synchronize
EVs: 252 HP / 12 Def / 24 SpD / 220 Spe
Bold Nature
- U-turn
- Tailwind
- Stealth Rock
- Ice Beam
I wanted to make a good banded zygarde team for a long time so that is what the team is centered around. Initially, I started with the generic incineroar, tapu fini, kartana core around zygarde due to their perfect synergy and the general brokenness to that core. For the fifth slot i wanted a tailwind option to abuse zygarde's thousand arrows spam. As more testing occurred I decided that I also wanted stealth rocks on the team to punish the opponent for trying to pivot around zygarde's thousand arrows under tailwind. Mew was the only slot that could do both so it was added on the team. U-turn was initially a throw-away move but it proved incredibly valuable as a way to pivot into a more threatening pokemon under tailwind and to escape any potential shadow tag trap. For the mega slot I chose manectric as the team didn’t have great lead options and it was effective in neutering pokemon through intimidate and snarl from lead so that the tailwind plus stealth rock set up could work. Finally I tinkered with a few set changes like grassium sub kartana that outsped base 100’s for an extra tapu fini check ,which proved a bit broken with more testing, and sassy incineroar to get a slower u-turn versus opposing incineroar. The other sets and ev spreads are pretty self-explanatory. As for using the team, it’s pretty cookie cutter. You generally lead manectric and mew and set up tailwind while pivoting into zygarde. On the first turn of tailwind you set up rocks and spam thousand arrows. From then on you try to overwhelm with the arrows plus rocks pressure so that kartana or calm mind tapu fini can sweep. Incineroar is used as a glue mon and a nice lead vs gengar teams(though those don’t exist anymore). Your general goal for mew is to get rocks plus two tailwinds up to hammer away at your opponent. Rocks on the first tailwind turn is almost always my preferred sequence. Even though this is one of my favorite teams there are a few weaknesses. First off mega latias is extremely difficult to deal with as it can ohko zygarde and wall every member except for tapu fini which is generally defensive anyways. Next, opposing banded zygardes are annoying to due to their trapping ability with thousand waves being able to halt your momentum. Finally another weakness is that if the opponent can survive the tailwind onslaught with a combination of bulky or threatening pokemon they can often reverse sweep you due to the choice lock on zygarde and manectric, mew and incineroars passiveness. Unfortunately I don’t think there is a fix for these issues as pretty much every moveslot is needed for the team to function. I still love the team but it is meant to stomp someone or get stomped on.

:swampert-mega: :pelipper: :gothitelle: :tapu koko: :kyurem-black: :ludicolo:
Gothitelle Rain by SMB
Swampert-Mega @ Swampertite
Ability: Damp
EVs: 252 Atk / 4 Def / 252 Spe
Adamant Nature
- Waterfall
- Earthquake
- Superpower
- Protect

Pelipper @ Damp Rock
Ability: Drizzle
EVs: 152 HP / 4 Def / 84 SpA / 120 SpD / 148 Spe
Modest Nature
- Hydro Pump
- Hurricane
- Tailwind
- U-turn

Gothitelle @ Wiki Berry
EVs: 248 HP / 156 Def / 96 SpD / 8 Spe
Calm Nature
- Psychic
- Taunt
- Helping Hand
- Protect

Tapu Koko @ Choice Specs
Modest Nature
- Thunder
- Volt Switch
- Hidden Power [Fire]
- Dazzling Gleam

Kyurem-Black @ Icium Z
EVs: 204 Atk / 52 SpA / 252 Spe
Hasty Nature
- Freeze Shock
- Fusion Bolt
- Ice Beam
- Protect

Ludicolo @ Assault Vest
Ability: Swift Swim
EVs: 4 Def / 252 SpA / 252 Spe
Modest Nature
- Fake Out
- Hydro Pump
- Ice Beam
- Energy Ball
This team was built for my SPL game vs Biosci. Gothitelle is not seen too much in standard rain builds, but the idea behind this team is using Gothitelle to trap rain checks (such as Volcanion, Tapu Fini, Latias, Chansey or Grass-types), and to beat them with either Tapu Koko or Z move Kyurem and then winning with your rain sweepers. It also acts as a really good Trick Room check, which is one of the main weaknesses for rain teams; with Taunt it can stop Trick Room completely from setting up or stall out Trick Room turns with the combination of Shadow Tag and Fake Out Ludicolo.

Last edited:

MajorBowman

:tyranitar-mega: :volcanion: :tapu koko: :kartana: :landorus-therian: :cresselia:
Builders: original team by EmbCPT, this version by Ezrael
Source: Ezrael's SSD II Team Dump
Date: November 6, 2018
Tyranitar-Mega @ Tyranitarite
Ability: Sand Stream
EVs: 240 HP / 172 Atk / 68 Def / 28 SpD
Brave Nature
- Crunch
- Stone Edge
- Superpower
- Protect

Volcanion @ Wiki Berry
EVs: 240 HP / 200 SpA / 16 SpD / 52 Spe
Modest Nature
- Steam Eruption
- Heat Wave
- Sludge Bomb
- Protect

Tapu Koko @ Electrium Z
Timid Nature
- Thunderbolt
- Dazzling Gleam
- Volt Switch
- Protect

Kartana @ Aguav Berry
EVs: 112 HP / 252 SpD / 144 Spe
Jolly Nature
- Leaf Blade
- Sacred Sword
- Substitute
- Protect

Landorus-Therian @ Mago Berry
EVs: 248 HP / 44 Def / 4 SpA / 24 SpD / 188 Spe
Modest Nature
- Stealth Rock
- Earth Power
- Knock Off
- U-turn

Cresselia @ Sitrus Berry
Ability: Levitate
EVs: 252 HP / 4 Def / 252 SpA
Modest Nature
- Trick Room
- Psychic
- Ice Beam
- Hidden Power [Fire]
Edu had been using a lot of Mega Gengar teams, so I thought that Mega Tyranitar would be a good way to punish him. I also didn't want to rely on Kartana, cause I felt that after dumpstering him with it last time, he would be a bit more prepared for Sub Kartana. Somehow, though, Sub Kartana ended up on my team anyways. Funny how that happens. I had a worse looking version of this, and then Emforbes just told me to run the 6 that EmbC had used earlier in the tournament, so I put my own sets on them and tried it out. Hp Fire on Cresselia was to blow up Kartana, cause the team had trouble dealing with it. Everything else is relatively standard, and lots of move choices were for extra coverage.

:latias-mega: :kartana: :rotom-heat: :landorus-therian: :tapu fini: :scrafty:
Builder: MajorBowman
Source: MajorBowman's SSD II Team Dump
Date: November 11, 2018
Latias-Mega @ Latiasite
EVs: 252 HP / 24 Def / 56 SpA / 176 Spe
Timid Nature
- Psyshock
- Ice Beam
- Calm Mind
- Roost

Kartana @ Aguav Berry
EVs: 48 HP / 100 Atk / 4 Def / 232 SpD / 124 Spe
Adamant Nature
- Leaf Blade
- Sacred Sword
- Tailwind
- Detect

Rotom-Heat @ Electrium Z
EVs: 72 HP / 184 SpA / 252 Spe
Modest Nature
- Overheat
- Thunderbolt
- Will-O-Wisp
- Protect

Landorus-Therian @ Choice Band
Adamant Nature
- Earthquake
- Rock Slide
- Superpower
- U-turn

Tapu Fini @ Choice Scarf
EVs: 184 HP / 48 SpA / 32 SpD / 244 Spe
Timid Nature
- Hydro Pump
- Moonblast
- Soak
- Trick

Scrafty @ Figy Berry
EVs: 252 HP / 4 Atk / 48 Def / 176 SpD / 28 Spe
Careful Nature
- Fake Out
- Low Kick
- Knock Off
- Taunt
Sabella suggested Latias after seeing it in action earlier in the tournament, and I thought it would be fun to build around but wasn't fully convinced it was good enough to bring to a game. This team came together pretty easily to my surprise, and it played really well too so I rolled with it. Scarf Soak Fini obviously helps out Kartana and Electrium Z Rotom a lot, all but guaranteeing a KO if you can pull of a Soak + Gigavolt Havoc. Soak actually helps out Latias a lot too, but not in the traditional way. If you have Latias up against something like Metagross, Soaking Latias means that Metagross no longer has a way to hit Latias for even neutral damage if it's running the standard Steel/Ice/Ground set. You can also soak opposing Pokemon to remove their STABs and decrease their damage output that way. Soak is a really cool move and made this team very fun to use. This team was one of my strongest from Snake I think, just because it has tools to beat basically anything you can throw at it. Scrafty was picked over Incineroar to better matchups like Tyranitar and Landorus, and I went with Bandorus on this team because I thought I could use some more firepower and I already met my personal requirement of 2 ground-immune partners.

:latias-mega: :incineroar: :landorus-therian: :kartana: :gastrodon: :tapu koko:
Builders: qsns and Croven
Source: Teambuilding Competition
Date: November 20, 2018
Latias-Mega @ Latiasite
EVs: 252 HP / 4 Def / 252 Spe
Timid Nature
- Calm Mind
- Psyshock
- Ice Beam
- Roost

Incineroar @ Mago Berry
EVs: 252 HP / 84 Atk / 112 SpD / 60 Spe
Adamant Nature
- Fake Out
- Flare Blitz
- Knock Off
- U-turn

Landorus-Therian @ Choice Scarf
Timid Nature
- Earth Power
- Hidden Power [Ice]
- U-turn
- Stealth Rock

Kartana @ Fightinium Z
Jolly Nature
- Leaf Blade
- Sacred Sword
- Substitute
- Protect

Gastrodon @ Expert Belt
Ability: Storm Drain
EVs: 252 HP / 40 SpA / 216 SpD
Quiet Nature
- Muddy Water
- Earth Power
- Icy Wind
- Recover

Tapu Koko @ Life Orb
Timid Nature
- Discharge
- Volt Switch
- Dazzling Gleam
- Protect
This was a team we built for snake for Demantoid to use against miltankmilk(???) I think, it's been a while. Whoever it was, I saw they were weak to CM Latias once Lati got 1 CM since its very difficult to even 2hko at that point, while still dealing a lot of damage with +1 Psyshocks. qsns filled out most of it after I [Croven] got the main idea as usual. Incineroar is because it is fantastic and checks a lot of things that gives Lati issues, which is basically steels and darks (Metagross, Aegi, Hoopa, opposing Incin). Scarf special Lando is the NUTS, doesn't care about Intimidate and doesn't hit its partners. Rocks because rocks are great and chipping things is good. Fightinium on Kart is because Kyurem is a bit of an issue with this team. We had a good reason for Gastro that I'm forgetting right now, but I think it was for another Gengar check since this was back when Gengar was legal. Koko was for tapu, hard hitter, and Discharge paired well with 2 grounds. I like this team a LOT, double Intimidate + CM Lati is great and easy to win with. Also I like half built this regardless of what qsns says so thats probably why its my favorite team rn since its the most I've built in about 3 years so yeah. Good team, might edit it a bit for adjusting to Gengar ban since we haven't touched it yet, but this is the team as of now.

:venusaur-mega: :torkoal: :diancie: :tapu fini: :landorus-therian: :mew:
Builder: SMB
Date: January 27, 2019
Venusaur-Mega @ Venusaurite
Ability: Chlorophyll
EVs: 252 HP / 20 Def / 76 SpA / 144 SpD / 16 Spe
Modest Nature
- Hidden Power [Fire]
- Sludge Bomb
- Growth
- Protect

Torkoal @ Assault Vest
EVs: 144 HP / 252 SpA / 112 SpD
Quiet Nature
- Eruption
- Fire Blast
- Bulldoze
- Solar Beam

Brave Nature
- Diamond Storm
- Moonblast
- Trick Room
- Protect

Tapu Fini @ Wiki Berry
EVs: 252 HP / 128 Def / 8 SpA / 120 SpD
Bold Nature
IVs: 0 Atk / 15 Spe
- Moonblast
- Heal Pulse
- Nature's Madness
- Protect

EVs: 160 Atk / 116 SpA / 232 Spe
Rash Nature
- Earth Power
- Rock Slide
- U-turn
- Toxic

Mew @ Normalium Z
EVs: 252 HP / 88 Def / 32 SpA / 136 SpD
Relaxed Nature
IVs: 30 Atk / 30 SpA / 6 Spe
- Fake Out
- Trick Room
- Transform
- Ice Beam
Mega venusaur sun semiroom that I used this week in spl. My main idea for this team was making venusaur work both in and outside of tr so I started this team with the core of venu, torkoal, diancie; torkoal sets sun and has a good offensive synergy with diancie since it can hit most steel types that are troublesome for diancie, I also opted for bulldoze as my ground type move on torkoal instead of earth power to trigger its weakness policy if i had the chance. Growth mega venu is a cool tech as well (s/o to Human for this idea) since this makes it so much threatening if you can get a free turn to set up. Tapu fini is my main switch in to volcanion, nature's madness to wear down stuff quickly, and heal pulse to keep venu, diancie or mew healthy if needed. Next mon I added was scarf mixed lando; it gives intimidate and a ground resist to the team and can work outside of tr and check zard. Finally, mew is perfect for the last slot; fake out and a second trick room setter are great for this team and if you get the chance to use z transform your opponent will most likely have to deal with a full health bulkier boosted mega venu or diancie.
Mew ivs are to have hidden power fire in case you transform into venu and outspeed 0 speed evs bulu outside of tr, same for fini. A change i'd consider is making venu faster to outspeed mega manectric on sun but idk if it's that worthy, up to you.

:diancie-mega: :tapu koko: :incineroar: :celesteela: :gastrodon: :cresselia:
Builder: Amaranth
Date: March 20, 2019
Diancie-Mega @ Diancite
Ability: Magic Bounce
EVs: 188 Atk / 68 SpA / 252 Spe
Hasty Nature
- Stealth Rock
- Diamond Storm
- Moonblast
- Protect

Tapu Koko @ Assault Vest
EVs: 252 HP / 16 Def / 8 SpA / 56 SpD / 176 Spe
Timid Nature
- Volt Switch
- Thunderbolt
- Dazzling Gleam
- Nature's Madness

Incineroar @ Figy Berry
EVs: 252 HP / 148 Def / 108 SpD
Careful Nature
- Fake Out
- Taunt
- Flare Blitz
- U-turn

Celesteela @ Leftovers
EVs: 248 HP / 120 Atk / 12 Def / 128 SpD
Sassy Nature
- Heavy Slam
- Flamethrower
- Leech Seed
- Protect

Gastrodon @ Groundium Z
EVs: 236 HP / 152 Def / 92 SpA / 28 SpD
Relaxed Nature
- Earth Power
- Ice Beam
- Recover
- Protect

Cresselia @ Sitrus Berry
EVs: 252 HP / 96 Def / 16 SpA / 144 SpD
Relaxed Nature
- Trick Room
- Psychic
- Toxic
- Moonlight
Diancie seemed like something that synergizes Cresselia a fair lot, as Cress is happy to switch in on Ground types that threaten Diancie and it tends to invite Incineroar on the field, which Diancie is happy to switch into and DStorm down. Diancie also sets broken Stealth Rocks and scares your opponent from setting them thanks to Magic Bounce, which helps a lot in slow slugfests that tend to happen in games with a Cresselia involved.
Diancie also appreciates Incineroar support a lot, Fake Out gives it turns to get started with either the SR or the DStorm clickage, Intimidate is a good ability, Flare Blitz smashes Steel types that threaten it, and Diancie's ability to deter the opponent from clicking SR freely makes Incineroar even better.
I picked Celesteela as my Steel type because once again it invites Incineroar on the field which is good for Diancie, and it answers Mega Metagross very reliably which otherwise troubles Diancie a lot. Celesteela is also handy in answering Grass-type attacks coming from the likes of Kartana, Lurantis, Tapu Bulu, etc. which Diancie is scared of
At this point I have a 4-mon core with massive issues against Water and Electric types and a lot of slowness, so I opted to commit to semi-room and add Gastrodon which takes care of both of those weakness quite reliably, and already has his Grass weakness covered.
To round out the team I added Tapu Koko which offers extra offensive coverage against Water-types, another fast option outside of Trick Room which helps me control the pace of the game a lot, as well as terrain control where necessary. (and a second fairy to block the clanging)

As for set choices, I was set out on a support Cress set from the start because I don't like how Toxic completely shuts down the CM set; TR is an easy choice for speed control given the rest of the team, Toxic helps with taking down bulkier threats which I don't have many options for otherwise, Moonlight gives much needed longevity and Psychic is its most reliable attacking move for only one slot, but I guess Ice Beam is also an option since this team relies on Cress a fair lot to deal with grounds.
Diancie and Steela are both straightforward and standard set choices really, rocks are broken I'm never running earth power
Koko I wanted to be AV to be happier when switching into strong special Water moves (cases where my Gastrodon is dead or other sticky situations like that), I don't really need it to nuke things from full anyway since the rest of the team is great at getting chip down. HP Fire is not really necessary since Celesteela and Incineroar already snipe steel types really well, so I opted for double electric + Gleam + NM, but Sky Drop probably isn't bad either
Incineroar drops Knock Off for Taunt to cover Trick Room match ups as well as various annoyances like Amoonguss, Flare Blitz is really helpful in pressuring Steels out of the field which in turn frees up Diancie to go wild so I didn't want to drop it, Fake Out is a broken move, and the slow U-Turn is also quite nice for general pivoting purposes.
Gastrodon is left and it can make good use of a Z-Crystal so the choice was pretty straightforward there as well.

This team struggles a bit with fire types not named Incineroar, especially ones that run grass moves for Gastrodon (CharY, Torkoal), but if you can keep the pressure on them with Diancie it should be fine

Last edited:

MajorBowman

:volcarona: :persian-alola: :metagross-mega: :tapu fini: :zapdos: :landorus-therian:
Builders: talkingtree and miltankmilk
Source: Doubles OU Team Bazaar
Date: March 31, 2019
Volcarona @ Buginium Z
Ability: Swarm
EVs: 80 HP / 4 Def / 200 SpA / 4 SpD / 220 Spe
Timid Nature
- Heat Wave
- Bug Buzz
- Quiver Dance
- Protect

Persian-Alola @ Mago Berry
Ability: Fur Coat
EVs: 228 HP / 8 Def / 48 SpD / 224 Spe
Jolly Nature
- Fake Out
- Foul Play
- Taunt
- Parting Shot

Metagross-Mega @ Metagrossite
Jolly Nature
- Iron Head
- Ice Punch
- Stomping Tantrum
- Protect

Tapu Fini @ Wiki Berry
EVs: 252 HP / 32 Def / 164 SpA / 60 Spe
Bold Nature
- Muddy Water
- Moonblast
- Calm Mind
- Protect

Zapdos @ Misty Seed
EVs: 244 HP / 80 Def / 16 SpA / 104 SpD / 64 Spe
Modest Nature
- Thunderbolt
- Heat Wave
- Tailwind
- Roost

Landorus-Therian @ Aguav Berry
EVs: 220 HP / 32 Atk / 24 Def / 136 SpA / 24 SpD / 72 Spe
Mild Nature
- Earth Power
- Rock Tomb
- U-turn
- Stealth Rock
I [talkingtree] had a rough week irl this week, but milk threw together a Volcarona + Alolan Persian squad that might be my favorite team from the whole tournament. He wrote about it a bit here for the Teambuilding Comp, but the gist was Volcarona kind of walled a lot of the common Landorus-T sets, which are the most common SR setters, letting it circumvent the SR issue. Bug Z Swarm is a super powerful set right now, and having Tapu Fini meant losing Flame Body wasn't especially impactful anyway. Alolan Persian is the true team player cat, Fake Out + Taunt + Parting Shot + its Speed and physical bulk are so incredibly helpful for supporting Volcarona. The rest of the team is fairly standard, but we didn't need to deviate. I wish we could have fit Heal Pulse on Fini, but the team needed a backup wincon if Volcarona fell.

:tyranitar-mega: :kartana: :tapu fini: :kyurem-black: :landorus-therian: :volcarona:
Builders: talkingtree, miltankmilk, and MajorBowman
Date: March 31, 2019
Tyranitar-Mega @ Tyranitarite
EVs: 240 HP / 24 Atk / 12 SpD / 232 Spe
Adamant Nature
- Stone Edge
- Crunch
- Dragon Dance
- Protect

Kartana @ Flyinium Z
EVs: 120 HP / 80 Atk / 56 SpD / 252 Spe
Jolly Nature
- Leaf Blade
- Sacred Sword
- Tailwind
- Protect

Tapu Fini @ Wiki Berry
EVs: 252 HP / 140 Def / 56 SpD / 60 Spe
Calm Nature
- Moonblast
- Nature's Madness
- Heal Pulse
- Defog

Kyurem-Black @ Assault Vest
EVs: 252 HP / 152 Def / 28 SpA / 76 Spe
Brave Nature
- Ice Beam
- Fusion Bolt
- Icy Wind
- Hidden Power [Fire]

Landorus-Therian @ Yache Berry
EVs: 224 HP / 4 Def / 136 SpA / 144 Spe
Modest Nature
- Earth Power
- Knock Off
- U-turn
- Stealth Rock

Volcarona @ Mago Berry
Ability: Flame Body
EVs: 240 HP / 168 Def / 56 SpA / 44 Spe
Modest Nature
- Overheat
- Rage Powder
- Struggle Bug
- Tailwind
We were coming off a few rough weeks in teambuilding, play, luck, morale, you name it. However, after Ruiners picked DOU, we brought MajorBowman into the team chat really dedicated ourselves to being as ready as possible, and the three of us made this. Funnily enough, the team started out built around DD Mega Salamence + Milotic. Eventually, we changed Milotic into Z-TW Kart + Tapu Fini for Heal Pulse and a different form of circumventing Intimidate. AV Kyurem-B with HP Fire provided speed control and a surprise Gene lure, Lando-T was great for Knock/pivoting/Intim/SR/everything, and then we got sorta stuck. Finally, we settled on a bulky support Volcarona, which had so many different moves on it throughout the building process - Rage Powder, Overheat, Bug Buzz, Tailwind, Whirlwind, Protect, Struggle Bug, HP Ice, String Shot... you get the picture. With those 6, the team was working okay, but milk had a burst of inspiration when he realized our struggles with Koko/Ttar/Zapdos could all be fixed by replacing DD Mega Mence with a DD Mega Tyranitar. Ojama had also been asking us to bring out the Mega Tyranitar the whole tour, and so finally getting it in our potentially last game felt right. I came up with this absurdly bulky DD set - Mega Tyranitar's bulk is insane, so we wanted to work with it instead of trying to turn it into some speed demon. Running Stone Edge instead of Rock Slide gave it some power even if we were unable to get up a DD, and a few other set edits made this team ready. Despite the smaller preparation window, I think this was our best-prepped team and it worked beautifully.

:metagross-mega: :deoxys-attack: :tapu lele: :pheromosa: :amoonguss: :zapdos:
Builders: Croven and qsns
Date: April 1, 2019
Jolly Nature
- Iron Head
- Zen Headbutt
- Stomping Tantrum
- Protect

Deoxys-Attack @ Focus Sash
Ability: Pressure
EVs: 4 Atk / 252 SpA / 252 Spe
Hasty Nature
- Psycho Boost
- Superpower
- Stealth Rock
- Detect

Tapu Lele @ Mago Berry
Ability: Psychic Surge
Modest Nature
- Psychic
- Moonblast
- Taunt
- Protect

Pheromosa @ Fightinium Z
Rash Nature
- Focus Blast
- Ice Beam
- U-turn
- Protect

Amoonguss @ Wiki Berry
EVs: 252 HP / 252 Def / 4 SpD
Relaxed Nature
- Spore
- Rage Powder
- Grass Knot
- Protect

Zapdos @ Wiki Berry
EVs: 244 HP / 80 Def / 64 SpA / 56 SpD / 64 Spe
Calm Nature
- Thunderbolt
- Heat Wave
- Tailwind
- Whirlwind
ok so qsns made this team all on his own but doesn't want to write it up so here i am. phero is busted as shit, fightinium z from focus blast ohko's mega metagross so that's awesome. balls out HO is basically how you have to run this so he went pure, absolute, og psyspam with metagross lele and deoxys. gross is standard set, deoxys was originally sub LO (which i prefer) but he switched it to sash SR later because of sash and also having a move to use when ur at like -3 in all stats lol. lele is bulkier taunt to help check TR. amoong and zapdos fill out the team with a bit of a defensive core that provides redirection, sleep, tailwind, and a phazer to bone TR some more. we were going between seed zap and berry zap but decided on berry since its not really going to stay on the field like a normal seed zap would. anyway just a very, VERY aggressive team that's very fun to use and can destroy teams given 1 good turn but can get destroyed given 1 bad turn. have at it

:charizard-mega-y: :amoonguss: :landorus-therian: :cresselia: :tapu koko: :heatran:
Builders: MajorBowman and Tman
Source: MajorBowman's SPL X Team Dump
Date: April 2, 2019
Charizard @ Charizardite Y
Ability: Blaze
Timid Nature
- Heat Wave
- Solar Beam
- Overheat
- Protect

Amoonguss @ Wiki Berry
EVs: 252 HP / 200 Def / 56 SpD
Calm Nature
IVs: 0 Atk / 15 Spe
- Sludge Bomb
- Spore
- Rage Powder
- Protect

Landorus-Therian @ Groundium Z
EVs: 212 HP / 116 Atk / 180 Spe
Adamant Nature
- Earthquake
- Stone Edge
- U-turn
- Stealth Rock

Cresselia @ Electric Seed
EVs: 252 HP / 76 Def / 52 SpA / 16 SpD / 112 Spe
Bold Nature
- Psyshock
- Icy Wind
- Calm Mind
- Moonlight

Tapu Koko @ Life Orb
Timid Nature
- Thunderbolt
- Volt Switch
- Defog
- Protect

Heatran @ Shuca Berry
Ability: Flash Fire
EVs: 64 HP / 244 SpA / 200 Spe
Modest Nature
- Heat Wave
- Earth Power
- Hidden Power [Ice]
- Protect
Coming into SPL X, I was really confident Calm Mind Cresselia could make a comeback. CM Cress was one of my favorite Pokemon to use in XY DOU, but I hadn't seen anyone try to make it work yet this generation. Charizard is an obvious partner because it boosts Moonlight and can take out the Steel types that threaten Cresselia, and from there the team built itself out like a standard Charizard team would. Landorus-Therian sets rocks and provides valuable intimidate, and Amoonguss acts as another check to Electric-types while providing Rage Powder and Spore support. Tapu Koko works well with Charizard since it can smack most of the Water-types that resist Charizard's attacks and defog away opposing rocks. It also provides Electric Terrain to pop Cresselia's Electric Seed, giving it a way to boost both of its defenses. Heatran was the rogue pick here, but I really wanted another check to Genesect and Incineroar given emforbes' tendency to use them since the team was pretty weak to both outside of Charizard and Landorus, respectively. Shuca HP Ice allowed Heatran to pseudo-check other Pokemon like Landorus and Zygarde that could otherwise be a little bit problematic, while sun-boosted Heat Wave does a pretty solid amount of neutral damage. Don't be fooled though - Heatran is still terrible, even if this marked the 2nd team tour game I had used it in a row. edit: :krabby: HEATRAN IS UR :krabby:

:salamence-mega: :volcanion: :tapu bulu: :landorus-therian: :tyranitar: :aegislash:
Builders: MajorBowman and Tman
Source: MajorBowman's SPL X Team Dump
Date: April 2, 2019
Salamence-Mega @ Salamencite
EVs: 172 Atk / 84 SpA / 252 Spe
Naive Nature
- Double-Edge
- Hyper Voice
- Tailwind
- Protect

Volcanion @ Wiki Berry
EVs: 220 HP / 4 Def / 136 SpA / 16 SpD / 132 Spe
Modest Nature
- Steam Eruption
- Heat Wave
- Roar
- Protect

Tapu Bulu @ Grassium Z
EVs: 252 HP / 56 Atk / 4 Def / 60 SpD / 136 Spe
Adamant Nature
- Wood Hammer
- Horn Leech
- Swords Dance
- Protect

Modest Nature
- Earth Power
- Hidden Power [Ice]
- Knock Off
- U-turn

Tyranitar @ Figy Berry
EVs: 252 HP / 136 Atk / 28 Def / 16 SpD / 76 Spe
Adamant Nature
- Rock Slide
- Assurance
- Stealth Rock
- Protect

Aegislash @ Leftovers
Ability: Stance Change
EVs: 220 HP / 148 SpA / 16 SpD / 124 Spe
Modest Nature
- Shadow Ball
- Substitute
- Toxic
- King's Shield
I swear I didn't specifically use Salamence + Bulu against Ezrael because he kept calling them bad. Kinda. I started this team with Sub + Toxic Aegislash, which seemed to be really strong against a lot of the bulk squads that Ezrael liked to bring. He was one of the most prolific Chansey users during SSD 2 and had continued using it in SPL X, so I figured something that hard beat Chansey and friends was a good call. Since Ezrael liked bringing Tapu Fini, an alternate terrain was necessary to cancel out Misty Terrain and enable Toxic. Bulu made a lot of sense since it doubled up on Aegislash's recovery while also offensively checking Tapu Fini. Tyranitar was able to provide more residual damage with Sand while setting rocks, and the rest fell into place from there. Salamence pairs really well with Tyranitar + Bulu + Aegislash since it can provide Tailwind support and check the somewhat problematic Kartana. Volcanion was another soft Kartana check that was also able to mess with Calm Mind Tapu Fini and other setup Pokemon via Roar. Scarf Landorus-Therian gave me some immediate speed, which this team pretty desperately needed, while also acting as another soft check to Charizard and Manectric. Purely coincidentally, this ended up being very similar to a team I built last SPL, which had Zapdos over Landorus and a few different sets. All in all this was one of my favorite teams since it pretty accurately encapulates the types of teams I like to build and use, so I was very happy to score a win with it.

Last edited:

MajorBowman

:charizard-mega-y: :zygarde: :tapu bulu: :scrafty: :diancie: :porygon2:
Builder: SMB
Source: SMB's SPL X Team Dump
Date: May 18, 2019
EVs: 248 HP / 56 Def / 132 SpA / 72 SpD
Quiet Nature
- Overheat
- Solar Beam
- Heat Wave
- Protect

Zygarde @ Choice Band
EVs: 24 HP / 244 Atk / 56 SpD / 184 Spe
Adamant Nature
- Thousand Arrows
- Toxic
- Extreme Speed
- Superpower

Tapu Bulu @ Grassium Z
Brave Nature
IVs: 11 Spe
- Wood Hammer
- Superpower
- Swords Dance
- Protect

Scrafty @ Iapapa Berry
EVs: 252 HP / 200 Atk / 56 Def
Brave Nature
- Fake Out
- High Jump Kick
- Knock Off
- Taunt

Brave Nature
- Diamond Storm
- Moonblast
- Trick Room
- Protect

Porygon2 @ Eviolite
EVs: 252 HP / 88 Def / 16 SpA / 152 SpD
Quiet Nature
- Thunderbolt
- Ice Beam
- Recover
- Trick Room
I didn't know what to expect from human because he had never played dou before so I just decided to use a solid team. I'm a big fan of zard y zygarde teams and this was a core I already built with on snake but this time I wanted to make them work on a tr team. Opted for diancie and p2 as my tr setters because diancie synergizes offensively so well with fire types and drought could help it to resist hits of annoying mons for tr like volcanion and p2 is just probably the most reliable tr setter. Scrafty is a must because I needed fake out and intimidate, taunt is mainly for amoonguss which makes you think twice about setting tr or not. I really like how I realized stuff like bulky psychic and normal types would start rising in usage and fit toxic on random mons on my teams like I did with band zygarde on this one.

:charizard-mega-y: :landorus-therian: :kartana: :diancie: :cresselia: :tapu koko:
Builder: n1n1
Date: May 27, 2019
Timid Nature
- Heat Wave
- Solar Beam
- Tailwind
- Protect

Landorus-Therian @ Wiki Berry
EVs: 252 HP / 44 Def / 28 SpD / 184 Spe
Modest Nature
- Earth Power
- Hidden Power [Ice]
- Defog
- Stealth Rock

Kartana @ Figy Berry
EVs: 144 HP / 172 SpD / 192 Spe
Jolly Nature
- Leaf Blade
- Sacred Sword
- Substitute
- Protect

Diancie @ Rockium Z
EVs: 252 HP / 252 Atk / 4 SpA
Brave Nature
- Diamond Storm
- Moonblast
- Trick Room
- Protect

Cresselia @ Electric Seed
EVs: 252 HP / 16 Def / 64 SpA / 56 SpD / 120 Spe
Bold Nature
- Psyshock
- Icy Wind
- Calm Mind
- Moonlight

Tapu Koko @ Choice Specs
Timid Nature
- Thunderbolt
- Volt Switch
- Dazzling Gleam
- Hidden Power [Ice]
Week 5 [of DPL 5] someone on our team wanted to use Char-Y + Diancie. I provided him with these 6 mons, which he liked, so we planned on using it. SMB made some changes to the EVs and sets, but before it got a chance to be used we lost the week. After we lost the week I made a couple tweaks and changed Diancie to Probopass. Here is the final team I gave to Starry but with Diancie over Probopass.

:metagross-mega: :gothitelle: :kyurem-black: :incineroar: :zygarde: :tapu fini:
Builders: fespy and GenOne
Date: September 7, 2019
Ability: Tough Claws
Jolly Nature
- Iron Head
- Stomping Tantrum
- Thunder Punch
- Protect

Gothitelle @ Aguav Berry
EVs: 252 HP / 232 Def / 24 SpD
Sassy Nature
IVs: 0 Atk / 19 Spe
- Psychic
- Trick Room
- Heal Pulse
- Protect

EVs: 248 HP / 96 Atk / 48 Def / 16 SpA / 28 SpD / 72 Spe
Quiet Nature
- Ice Beam
- Earth Power
- Fusion Bolt
- Icy Wind

Incineroar @ Aguav Berry
EVs: 252 HP / 32 Atk / 20 Def / 152 SpD / 52 Spe
Adamant Nature
- Flare Blitz
- Knock Off
- U-turn
- Fake Out

Zygarde @ Groundium Z
EVs: 96 HP / 220 Atk / 8 SpD / 184 Spe
Adamant Nature
- Thousand Arrows
- Substitute
- Dragon Dance
- Protect

Tapu Fini @ Wiki Berry
EVs: 252 HP / 32 Def / 160 SpA / 40 SpD / 24 Spe
Bold Nature
- Muddy Water
- Moonblast
- Protect
- Calm Mind
The whole point of this team is to force the opponent into an uncomfortable position, trap them with Goth, and slap them in the face. Metagross is almost a dedicated lead, and more often than not I never switch it out. It stays in nonmega form as long as possible to avoid intimidates, and it puts pressure on the opponent with the ability to 2HKO almost any pokemon. Incin is used almost exclusively for intimidate and uturn, again looking for an opportunity to get Goth in at an opportune time. Kyube is a bulky beast, and with heal pulse support, is very difficult to KO. Sub DD Zyg has the ability to sweep almost any team, and CM Fini sweeps rain teams and is key in stalling out and beating opposing trick room.

:charizard-mega-y: :landorus-therian: :nihilego: :tapu fini: :kyurem-black: :kartana:
Builder: Yuichii
Date: November 3, 2019
Charizard @ Charizardite Y
Ability: Blaze
EVs: 204 HP / 100 Def / 16 SpA / 4 SpD / 184 Spe
Modest Nature
- Heat Wave
- Solar Beam
- Tailwind
- Protect

EVs: 52 HP / 252 Atk / 4 Def / 200 Spe
Jolly Nature
- Earthquake
- Rock Slide
- Superpower
- U-turn

Nihilego @ Rockium Z
EVs: 116 Def / 160 SpA / 232 Spe
Timid Nature
- Sludge Bomb
- Power Gem
- Trick Room
- Protect

Tapu Fini @ Wiki Berry
EVs: 252 HP / 92 Def / 160 SpA / 4 SpD
Calm Nature
- Muddy Water
- Moonblast
- Calm Mind
- Protect

EVs: 160 HP / 156 Def / 100 SpA / 56 SpD / 36 Spe
Brave Nature
- Ice Beam
- Earth Power
- Fusion Bolt
- Icy Wind

Kartana @ Misty Seed
EVs: 68 HP / 8 Atk / 208 SpD / 224 Spe
Adamant Nature
- Leaf Blade
- Sacred Sword
- Tailwind
- Protect
This was from back then when i was experimenting with a Zard Y + Nihilego core, which worked better than i thought it would. It also happens to be the first TailRoom team that I've built and successfully used on several occasions on both ladder as well as in test games later throughout the Gen. Rock Z Nihi is extremely potent and absolutely demolishes stuff like FiniZap and Incin which were like super popular at that time. Zard and Nihi also covers each other relatively well since Zard has troubles with stuff like Koko/FiniZap which Nihi handles nicely while Zard helps with Nihi's problem against steels.

:volcarona: :tsareena: :metagross-mega: :landorus-therian: :zygarde: :tapu fini:
Builder: MajorBowman
Date: November 4, 2019
Volcarona @ Buginium Z
Ability: Swarm
EVs: 80 HP / 24 Def / 148 SpA / 4 SpD / 252 Spe
Timid Nature
- Heat Wave
- Bug Buzz
- Quiver Dance
- Protect

Tsareena @ Aguav Berry
Ability: Queenly Majesty
EVs: 252 HP / 76 Def / 180 SpD
Adamant Nature
- Power Whip
- Rapid Spin
- U-turn
- Helping Hand

Ability: Tough Claws
Jolly Nature
- Iron Head
- Ice Punch
- Thunder Punch
- Protect

Modest Nature
IVs: 30 Atk
- Earth Power
- Hidden Power [Ice]
- Stone Edge
- U-turn

Zygarde @ Choice Band
EVs: 16 HP / 252 Atk / 60 SpD / 180 Spe
Adamant Nature
- Thousand Arrows
- Superpower
- Extreme Speed
- Stone Edge

Tapu Fini @ Wiki Berry
EVs: 252 HP / 140 Def / 116 SpD
Calm Nature
- Scald
- Moonblast
- Icy Wind
- Heal Pulse
This is definitely my favorite post-SPL X team. It's not the best team I've built and it definitely has its holes, but Tsareena Volcarona was so fun to use. That was the starting point, as I knew Tsareena would support Volcarona very well. Helping Hand can secure KOs Volcarona otherwise just misses, Power Whip does a surprising amount of damage and is great for smacking Water-types that stifle Volcarona, hazard removal is almost a necessity for Volcarona, Queenly Majesty locks out one of the best ways to stop a boosted Volcarona in Fake Out, and U-turn can get Volcarona or a more suitable partner in safely. Pretty much everything about Tsareena is a boon to Volcarona, and I love how they played with each other. Metagross was Thunder Punch, Landorus was Scarf Stone Edge, and Zygarde had 4th move Stone Edge because the Charizard matchup needed as much help as possible, and Fini had Scald to knock Incineroar into KO range for either of the Ground-types or Volcarona. Icy Wind was super useful on this team as well, since Volcarona, Metagross, and Zygarde all sit in a pretty prime Speed tier to abuse it.

Last edited:

MajorBowman

:gardevoir-mega: :tyranitar: :excadrill: :genesect: :tapu fini: :zapdos:
Builder: Demantoid
Source: Demantoid's SSD III Team Dump
Date: November 5, 2019
Gardevoir @ Gardevoirite
Ability: Trace
EVs: 244 HP / 12 Def / 36 SpA / 216 Spe
Modest Nature
- Hyper Voice
- Psychic
- Taunt
- Protect

Tyranitar @ Choice Band
Adamant Nature
- Stone Edge
- Rock Slide
- Crunch
- Ice Punch

Excadrill @ Groundium Z
Ability: Sand Rush
EVs: 252 Atk / 92 Def / 32 SpD / 132 Spe
Adamant Nature
- Drill Run
- Iron Head
- Swords Dance
- Protect

Genesect @ Assault Vest
EVs: 168 Atk / 112 SpA / 228 Spe
Naive Nature
- Iron Head
- U-turn
- Ice Beam
- Flamethrower

Tapu Fini @ Wiki Berry
EVs: 252 HP / 160 Def / 80 SpD / 16 Spe
Bold Nature
- Moonblast
- Muddy Water
- Taunt
- Protect

Zapdos @ Wiki Berry
EVs: 252 HP / 12 Def / 20 SpA / 216 SpD / 8 Spe
Modest Nature
- Thunderbolt
- Heat Wave
- Tailwind
- Whirlwind
Sand kills most fast threats while Gardevoir beats slower ones. This team doesn't have the greatest defensive synergy making it more difficult to play.

:salamence-mega: :nihilego: :volcarona: :gastrodon: :tapu bulu: :aegislash:
Builder: Demantoid
Source: Demantoid's SSD III Team Dump
Date: November 5, 2019
Demencetoid (Salamence) @ Salamencite
Jolly Nature
- Double-Edge
- Tailwind
- Roost
- Protect

Delegotoid (Nihilego) @ Rockium Z
EVs: 20 Def / 252 SpA / 236 Spe
Timid Nature
- Sludge Bomb
- Power Gem
- Stealth Rock
- Protect

Devolctoid (Volcarona) @ Wiki Berry
Ability: Flame Body
EVs: 248 HP / 36 Def / 56 SpA / 12 SpD / 156 Spe
Modest Nature
- Heat Wave
- Bug Buzz
- Quiver Dance
- Protect

Degloptoid (Gastrodon-East) @ Leftovers
EVs: 184 HP / 144 Def / 100 SpA / 80 SpD
Modest Nature
- Earth Power
- Muddy Water
- Recover
- Protect

Debulutoid (Tapu Bulu) @ Choice Scarf
Jolly Nature
- Wood Hammer
- Stone Edge
- Rock Slide
- Superpower

Deslashtoid (Aegislash) @ Wiki Berry
Ability: Stance Change
EVs: 252 HP / 4 Atk / 252 SpA
Quiet Nature
- Shadow Ball
- Flash Cannon
- Shadow Sneak
- King's Shield
I felt like building with Nihilego and Volcarona has pretty good synergy with it. Rain and TR are kind of difficult match ups but not the worst. Probably my second favorite team from this year.

:manectric-mega: :landorus-therian: :lurantis: :diancie: :tapu fini: :victini:
Builder: Mishimono and Yoda2798
Date: November 9, 2019
Manectric-Mega @ Manectite
Ability: Lightning Rod
EVs: 128 HP / 44 Def / 80 SpA / 4 SpD / 252 Spe
Timid Nature
- Volt Switch
- Snarl
- Overheat
- Protect

Landorus-Therian @ Iapapa Berry
EVs: 252 HP / 44 Def / 88 SpA / 28 SpD / 96 Spe
Modest Nature
- Earth Power
- Hidden Power [Ice]
- U-turn
- Stealth Rock

Lurantis @ Wiki Berry
Ability: Contrary
EVs: 252 HP / 212 Atk / 44 SpD
Brave Nature
- Leaf Blade
- Superpower
- Knock Off
- Protect

EVs: 252 HP / 252 Atk / 4 SpA
Brave Nature
- Diamond Storm
- Moonblast
- Trick Room
- Protect

Tapu Fini @ Wiki Berry
EVs: 252 HP / 32 Def / 224 SpA
Bold Nature
- Muddy Water
- Moonblast
- Calm Mind
- Protect

Victini @ Assault Vest
Ability: Victory Star
EVs: 96 HP / 144 SpA / 128 SpD / 140 Spe
Modest Nature
- Blue Flare
- Psychic
- Glaciate
- U-turn
Yoda2798 helped build this team that I used in DPL. I thought Diancie was very good when I built this team and I found that it worked best on semi-tr teams. The Victini is Assault Vest with Glaciate and Psychic to add some speed control outside of Trick Room and make the Venusaur matchup slightly playable. I used this team many times after DPL and I found it to be very effective.

:naganadel: :abomasnow-mega: :necrozma: :diancie: :incineroar: :greninja:
Builder: stax
Date: November 16, 2019
Naganadel @ Assault Vest
EVs: 252 HP / 4 SpA / 252 Spe
Timid Nature
- Sludge Bomb
- Draco Meteor
- Fire Blast
- U-turn

Abomasnow-Mega @ Abomasite
Ability: Snow Warning
EVs: 252 HP / 152 Def / 104 SpA
Quiet Nature
- Blizzard
- Ice Shard
- Giga Drain
- Protect

Necrozma @ Groundium Z
Ability: Prism Armor
EVs: 252 HP / 252 SpA / 4 SpD
Modest Nature
- Trick Room
- Earth Power
- Photon Geyser
- Stealth Rock

Brave Nature
- Trick Room
- Diamond Storm
- Moonblast
- Protect

Incineroar @ Figy Berry
EVs: 252 HP / 4 Def / 252 SpD
Careful Nature
- Fake Out
- Knock Off
- Flare Blitz
- U-turn

Greninja (M) @ Choice Scarf
Ability: Protean
EVs: 176 Atk / 80 SpA / 252 Spe
Hasty Nature
- Gunk Shot
- U-turn
- Hydro Pump
- Blizzard
This team looks dumb but it carried me like throughout the entire year, only loss came in its first game where i missed a double blizzard. Honestly probably my best team ever :I.

:politoed: :kingdra: :gardevoir-mega: :incineroar: :kartana: :amoonguss:
Builder: Ezrael
Source: Ezrael's SSD III Team Dump
Politoed @ Eject Button
Ability: Drizzle
EVs: 252 HP / 252 SpA / 4 Spe
Modest Nature
- Hydro Pump
- Helping Hand
- Encore
- Icy Wind

Kingdra @ Choice Specs
Ability: Swift Swim
Modest Nature
- Muddy Water
- Hydro Pump
- Ice Beam
- Draco Meteor

Gardevoir-Mega @ Gardevoirite
Ability: Trace
EVs: 252 HP / 212 SpA / 44 Spe
Modest Nature
- Hyper Voice
- Psyshock
- Trick Room
- Protect

Incineroar @ Figy Berry
EVs: 252 HP / 12 Def / 160 SpD / 84 Spe
Adamant Nature
- Flare Blitz
- Fake Out
- U-turn
- Knock Off

Kartana @ Grassium Z
EVs: 4 HP / 252 SpD / 252 Spe
Jolly Nature
- Leaf Blade
- Sacred Sword
- Tailwind
- Detect

Amoonguss @ Occa Berry
EVs: 252 HP / 144 Def / 112 SpD
Calm Nature
IVs: 0 Atk / 28 Spe
- Sludge Bomb
- Spore
- Rage Powder
- Foul Play
I built this team to fight EmbC back in SPL, and haven’t really changed it at all. I built this after reflecting on the 2015 US nats champion team, which was Gardevoir Rain, but with no rain abuser. I was sitting and thinking about Garde Politoed, and then I realized I could add an abuser. Everything changed.
The gameplan with this team is to set up Trick Room and click Hyper Voice for a few turns. Then everything should be dead enough that you can sweep with Kingdra. Or, if you’re facing a Metagross team, you lead with Politoed Kingdra and use Garde later. Button Politoed feels really good because it gives you chances to set up rain and get Kingdra in safely for the next turn. It also gives you a safe switch in TR if you need it. This Politoed is really offensive for max damage, but you could change that around if you wanted to. It also speed ties Incin, which I find hilarious and refuse to change, but feel free.
Kingdra is specs because damage is good. Everything dies. You don’t even have to hit every muddy water, because you will be given a ton of chances to hit it.
Gardevoir has max hp, speed creeps slow Fini and Zapdos. I have Psyshock because it’s better vs Charizard, Volcarona, and Fini’s that have boosted. However, Psychic is better against Volcanion, so that would be a reasonable change IMO.
Incin outspeeds Tornadus in Tailwind because I lost a single test game due to it not doing that. It outspeeds Kartana because the team is Kart weak, and then from there you outspeed Metagross and then Torn.
Kartana has Grass Z to hit Volcanion, which the team is quite weak to, and also just general mons like Fini. Tailwind is really important for endgames.
Amoonguss is critical to protect Garde and help set up TR. Even though the team has no Tapu, Amoonguss finds its way to control by putting flying mons to sleep or sludge bombing tapus. It has foul play because one time in practice I was up 5-1 vs a Kartana behind a sub and almost lost because Shroom couldn’t touch it. I used to be Wiki, but switched to Occa because I didn’t have Protect. Foul play gets most of its use beating up Metagross and Genesect in TR, but makes it so Amoonguss doesn’t not touch kartana. You could switch to HP fire if you want, but I don’t especially recommend it.

I brought this against Demantoid because he tends to bring un-synergistic and offensive teams. My personal theory in team tours is that when you know someone is going to bring an offensive bullshit team, the best response is your own offensive bullshit that is faster than theirs. They don’t have defense because they’re expecting to offense through threats, so when your offense outspeeds theirs, they crumble.

:blastoise-mega: :gothitelle: :incineroar: :kartana: :landorus-therian: :mew:
Builder: Nails
Source: Nails Snake Report
Consecration (Blastoise-Mega) @ Blastoisinite
Ability: Rain Dish
Modest Nature
- Water Spout
- Aura Sphere
- Fake Out
- Protect

Time Out (Gothitelle) @ Wiki Berry
EVs: 252 HP / 120 Def / 136 SpD
Calm Nature
- Trick Room
- Heal Pulse
- Helping Hand
- Protect

Shirvallah the Cat (Incineroar) @ Eject Button
EVs: 252 HP / 32 Def / 136 SpD / 88 Spe
Careful Nature
- Flare Blitz
- Knock Off
- Fake Out
- U-turn

Holy Wrath (Kartana) @ Focus Sash
EVs: 4 Atk / 252 SpD / 252 Spe
Jolly Nature
- Swords Dance
- Leaf Blade
- Sacred Sword
- Protect

High Priest Thekal (Landorus-Therian) @ Flyinium Z
EVs: 96 HP / 160 Atk / 252 Spe
Jolly Nature
- Earthquake
- Fly
- U-turn
- Protect

Zephrys the Great (Mew) @ Iapapa Berry
EVs: 252 HP / 4 SpD / 252 Spe
Jolly Nature
- Tailwind
- Fake Out
- Transform
- Taunt
Later that weekend, Tommy had mentioned that he thought Transform Mew was pretty good and an underrated threat and so I took that direction and tried it out. Blastoise felt like a potent partner, as it offers a ton of options via Fake Out (and Protect) to allow Mew to safely set speed control, and then it's an effective abuser with Water Spout. It's a very threatening Transform target as well, and double Blastoise can end games early versus some teams. SD Kartana is another extremely potent Tailwind abuser and Transform target, and it provides gas to close a game after Blastoise has blasted holes in the team. Focus Sash allows it to, when necessary, get a SD up and eat a hit before trading off the Kartana check and allowing Mew to pick up where it left off, somewhat similar to how Healing Wish functions in singles. EButton Incineroar allows the team's sweepers (or Goth) to get into position without eating a hit, which is often vital for mons relying on Water Spout and Focus Sash. Shadow Tag is a broken mechanic, and this team utilizes Gothitelle to keep its sweepers safe, allowing them to take KOs on mons caught out of position. The Landorus is something of a filler slot; with a Z move unused at this point and only two mons which can really deal damage, Skystrike Lando felt like a pretty good catch-all utility choice. It offers a precision strike which is more or less the team's only way to efficiently remove mons like Amoonguss and Kommo-o (transforming into opposing pokemon can work but it's not great to rely on). It's also a pretty effective third Transform target; two Lando in TW Earthquaking next to each other is pretty potent. The team overall is very fun, and while it has limitations (only two pokemon are especially offensively threatening and it has two pokemon dedicated purely to support, which means that it lacks redundancy against most threats) Gothitelle often allows it to pick its spots and run away with games. I lost to SMB because I wanted to stunt with double Blastoise in my first DOU game; there was a point midgame (turn 8, after Goth fainted) where sending in Kart and clicking SD + Aura Sphere won. I saw that line, but I thought my position was good enough regardless and I ended up getting ground down in a well fought endgame.

Last edited by a moderator:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 0)