Project Doubles OU Next Best Thing: Cycle 13: Landorus-I (Submission)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Crunchman

Banned deucer.
So apparently I can do this but it’s just the banned set with better evs so you have 1 more atk 1 more def and 4 more spdef. Lol. Of course you can switch up evs too I like having some def dumped for example (I like 116)
Diancie @ Weakness Policy
Ability: Clear Body
EVs: 252 HP / 252 Atk / 4 Def
Sassy Nature
IVs: 0 Spe
- Diamond Storm
- Body Press
- Trick Room
- Protect

Darkmalice

Level 3
is a Tiering Contributoris a Site Content Manager Alumnusis a Forum Moderator Alumnusis a Top Contributor Alumnus
Diancie on a Tailwind team

Diancie @ Weakness Policy
EVs: 252 HP / 96 Atk / 160 Spe
Adamant Nature
- Diamond Storm
- Body Press
- Protect
- Moonblast / Trick Room

Enough Speed to outrun Latias and Kartana. You can also outrun Tornadus if you move 4 more EVs, but it's not relevant and you lose either valuable HP or two Atk from losing a bonus point. Max HP, rest in Atk. I don't think 116 SpD to survive Steam Eruption is worth it since Volcanion is on the decine, you don't want to be tanking that hit anyways, and the metagame is becoming increasing physical, whereas Diamond Storm spam is always important! If you really want to survive SErupt, just change the nature to Careful.

First three moves are standard, Moonblast I think is generally the best last move for the extra STAB and coverage. Even with the Adamant nature, Moonblast > Play Rough since most of its key targets either take more damage from it (Urshifu, Kommo-O) or so negligbly less damage that you're still better off with Moonblast for the improved accuracy (Zygarde). Play Rough is better against foes with even defences though (Dragapult, G-Zapdos). It can also be changed based on the rest of your team: other good options include Trick Room even on a Tailwind team and to a lesser extent Mystical Fire (OHKO Kartana when not at +2 Def, but you need to outspeed Kartana anyways), though I recommend against Earth Power since you''ll need WP activated to OHKO Heatran and +2 Body Press usually OHKOes Heatran.

Last edited:

Platinum God n1n1

the real n1n1
is a Tiering Contributor
1627158636496.png

Diancie @ Psychic Seed
EVs: 252 HP / 252 Atk / 4 SpD
Adamant Nature
- Baton Pass
- Diamond Storm
- Trick Room
- Protect

The idea with this mon is to get some easy defense boosts while still dishing out solid damage then pass it to a Stored Power user such as Latios. You can easily get +2, +4 or +6 defense boost with diance and when you pass it to the Stored Power user you do not need to sit around for a few turns just to set up, it is already set up for you. With this strategy make sure you have Steel and Dark type checks.
Credit to RelicanthPrimal who used a very similar strategy but with misty seed and 2 attacks.

example team (not thoroughly tested but you get the idea)
https://pokepast.es/0484217a71fa8b93

Last edited:
Grats to Mack Knife for winning this cycle with their Kart Bait set! Your set will be in the Hall of Fame. There is a twist with this next one!
**Double Points**

Cycle 9:

:sm/landorus-therian:
Oh the mighty have fallen! From being tier 1 or 2 for every gen, then to being tier 4, and passed over by most players. This tiger has lost its flair. So now your job will to be to give it back its machismo, and find a new set for it!
Banned Sets

Mixed offensive vest Landorus-T
:ss/landorus_therian:
Landorus-Therian (M) @ Assault Vest
Ability: Intimidate
EVs: 120 HP / 172 Atk / 32 SpA / 184 Spe
Hasty Nature
- Earth Power
- U-turn
- Earthquake
- Rock Slide

This set is one of the many oddities that happen when you put fespy and shadow in a chat room together. It's intended for use with webs (https://pokepast.es/d60c98b25e73130d) and can really catch an opponent off guard. I totally forget what the EVs do but I'm sure they do something.

Last edited:

TailGlowVM

Now 100% more demonic
Choice Scarf Landorus-T
Landorus-Therian @ Choice Scarf
EVs: 252 SpA / 4 SpD / 252 Spe
Timid Nature
- Earth Power
- Sludge Bomb
- U-turn
- Stone Edge / Defog / Knock Off

This classic set is a more offensive take on Landorus-T's usual pivoting role, allowing it to better handle faster threats and still softcheck some stuff with Intimidate and its decent typing. Similar to the main set, Earth Power is preferred to Earthquake to avoid Intimidate, Grassy Terrain, and hitting your teammates with your only STAB move. Sludge Bomb is used to hit Grass-types like Rillaboom, as well as Fairy-types for more damage, and can fish for poison on bulkier Pokemon like Zapdos and Kyurem-B. The last slot is usually filler: Stone Edge hits the various Rock-weak Pokemon harder, Defog can get rid of the occasional Stealth Rock if you have teammates that are vulnerable to it, and Knock Off is a generally safe-to-use option to make progress by removing items. While in the past Choice Scarf Landorus-T would always use a Modest or Adamant nature, I think Timid is necessary now to outspeed Dragapult and Zeraora.

Last edited:

Darkmalice

Level 3
is a Tiering Contributoris a Site Content Manager Alumnusis a Forum Moderator Alumnusis a Top Contributor Alumnus
Choice Band Landorus-T
Landorus-Therian @ Choice Band
EVs: 252 Atk / 4 SpD / 252 Spe
Jolly Nature
- Earthquake
- U-turn
- Rock Slide
- Superpower

Lando-T needs to be physical to pose an offensive threat without relying on super-effective coverage, and we slap a CB onto that for power levels exceeding those of Zygarde. Fortunately in this metagame, the only common Intimidate user is Incineroar, who can't safely switch in. Rillaboom is the bigger threat with Grassy Terrain, but it's a vulnerable U-turn target, with CB enabling a 2HKO. EQ immune mons other than Zapdos aren't common in this metagame, but usually EQ immune mons are weak to Rock Slide, with even defensive Zapdos always getting 2HKOed by Rock Slide. You can U-turn on Cress too.

252 Atk Choice Band Landorus-Therian U-turn vs. 248 HP / 36 Def Rillaboom: 260-308 (64.5 - 76.4%) -- guaranteed 2HKO after Grassy Terrain recovery

Rock Slide and Superpower also have good power and coverage under Grassy Terrain and if you don't want to hurt your teammate; these two moves + U-turn let Lando-T put in work even if EQ isn't clickable. FYI Heatran still gets OHKOed by CB EQ even in Terrain. I used to use bulkier spreads, but with the offensive metagame, I think Jolly is better to outspeed +Speed Rillaboom for the faster U-turn and Adamant Zygarde/Kyurem-B (120 HP Kyurem is always OHKOed by Superpower). You still have enough bulk to survive a Kartana crit Leaf Blade (outside Terrain) and only be 3HKOed by Band Zygarde Arrows and +124 Atk Seed Rilla Grassy Glide in Terrain with Intimidate.

You need more support than CB Zygarde, but it has the advantage of more power, Intimidate + a decent power U-turn, and better coverage. Defog Zapdos works well as an EQ-immune mon that clears Grassy Terrain and checks EQ-resistant Pokemon.

Last edited:
Grats to fespy for winning with his Mixed Vest set. Your set will be added to the hall of fame, and you will recive 2 points for the ordeal! Here is our next Pokemon.

Cycle 10:

:sm/dragapult:
Dragapult is one of the most interesting Pokemon in the metagame. With its good movepool it can either use a Specs set, or a Dragon Dance set that can also break Protect with Phantom Force. Good luck in figuring a new use for Pult!
Banned Sets

LO Wisp Pult:
Dragapult @ Life Orb
Ability: Infiltrator
EVs: 252 SpA / 4 SpD / 252 Spe
Timid Nature
IVs: 0 Atk
- Draco Meteor
- Flamethrower
- Shadow Ball
- Will-O-Wisp

We’ve all seen the specs/LO Dragapult sets, using Draco Meteor, Flamethrower, Shadow Ball, and filler. Typically this filler is U-turn or some coverage move like Thunderbolt/Hydro Pump, but in today’s game the best move is will-o-wisp, able to neuter physical attackers like Rillaboom, Zeraora, or Diancie that Dragapult normally can’t OHKO. Having Wisp also allows Dragapult to stay in after a Draco Meteor and still have usefulness.

Candy Corn

Banned deucer.
Baton Pass Pult:

Dragapult @ Life Orb
EVs: 252 Atk / 4 Def / 252 Spe
Adamant Nature
- Baton Pass
- Dragon Dance
- Phantom Force
- Dragon Claw

This set takes the dd set and allows you to pass it to another teammate that has better coverage. Having redirection and fake out on your team is key to having it work out the way you want. In the replay down below, you can see that once you safely pass into your desired mon, you can run away with the game.

https://replay.pokemonshowdown.com/gen8doublesou-1391528236

Last edited:

Mack Knife

Future 50th President
Obligatory fast Screens set

Dragapult @ Light Clay
EVs: 4 Def / 252 SpA / 252 Spe
Timid Nature
- Light Screen
- Reflect
- U-turn
- Draco Meteor

Pult is a really fast screener. Set screens, u-turn, profit. Pair with fini and stuff. I prefer clear body so we don't get speed dropped by wind or web. The cost benefit of that against nailing subs with meteor depends on whether or not you think the opp will have a sub.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 0)