DOU Doubles Ladder Tournament 2019 [Won by SMB]

MajorBowman

wouldst thou like to live fergaliciously?
is a Site Content Manager Alumnusis a Top Social Media Contributor Alumnusis a Senior Staff Member Alumnusis a Community Contributor Alumnusis a Top Tiering Contributor Alumnusis a Contributor Alumnusis a Dedicated Tournament Host Alumnusis a Battle Simulator Moderator Alumnus
Poem and original OP by Level 51

Drampa! Drampa! Burning bright,
On ladder room, half past midnight;
What immortal hand or eye,
Could guess thy one ability?

In what world and in what time
Would you need to run Cloud Nine?
Who would use a set like this?
Why'd my Ninetales' Blizzard miss?

And which user, and which donk,
Stays in on Fini with their Conk?
For when my Fini threatened harm,
What made your Conk click Hammer Arm?

Why the Hammer Arm, again?
In what dimension runs your brain?
Who clicks Protect in front of 'Cott?
Is that even a brain you've got?

When I claimed hax my enemy's fault
And shower'd Smogon with my salt:
Did I smile my reqs to see?
Do I qualify for TC?

Drampa! Drampa! Burning bright,
On ladder room, half past midnight;
What immortal mouth could tell,
How to escape from Elo hell?

Dust off your Zapdos and pitchforks! Ready your torches and your Prankster Taunts! It's time for an all-new Doubles Ladder Tournament, with your host MajorBowman! This will be the only Doubles Ladder Tournament happening this year, so these points can be crucial for qualifying for the 2019 Invitational. But before you get around to smashing Level 1 Bruxish and Oricorio and trampling down the ladder, here are a few specifics you should know. Please read every one of the rules; important information lies within. This is to prevent confusion, especially regarding the qualification process.

The Rules
  1. The engine of the tournament is the regular Pokemon Showdown Doubles OU ladder, not a new one. All normal Doubles Rules and Clauses apply. All qualification will be done on this ladder. The top 16 players (selected as described below) will be placed into a best of 3 single elimination bracket playoffs.
  2. You need to make a new alt account for this tournament. Your alt name must begin with DLTH5 to make determining the top players for each cycle easier. To show that your account is clean please include in your sign-up post a picture of your laddering alt without a [Gen 7] Doubles OU rating (the screenshot should not include an entry for "[Gen 7] Doubles OU"). You are not required to make a new alt for each ladder cycle.
  3. In order to sign up for the Doubles Ladder Tournament, please create a post in this thread listing your alts. You are allowed an unlimited number of alts, so don't worry about starting over with a new one; just remember to keep to the format for each alt you create, and please update your post each time you create a new alt. Include in your post a picture of your "clean" alt (one that shows it didn't have games played previously).
  4. You must create and register a new alt before you play any battles on it. We will be checking the registration date of all alts; in order to qualify for this tournament, they must be registered on or after April 1, 2019. (No this is not an April Fool's joke)
  5. The ladder portion of the tournament lasts 3 weeks (this is different from last year!). The cutoff times for each week are listed below; at the cutoff time, one of the tournament hosts will take a screenshot of the ladder. In order to qualify for the playoffs, your alt must be among the top 5 newly made alts in this screenshot. Merely being among the top 5 unqualified alts some time during the week does not qualify you for playoffs. If a player is already qualified, their alt will be ignored when counting the top 5 alts in a week.
  6. After the 3rd week, the player with the highest ELO at the end of any of the three ladder periods that failed to qualify will receive a wild card and the 16th seed in the playoffs.
  7. During the playoffs stage, players will be seeded by their ELO at their respective screenshot time, with the stipulation that the wild card will be the 16th seed regardless of ELO.
  8. Don't show unsportsmanlike behavior on the ladder. If we have a reason to believe you forfeited a game to boost a friend's account, you will be punished. If you try to prevent your opponent from joining the battle again after a disconnection, you will be punished. If you ask someone to forfeit to you, you will be punished. Again, please please use your common sense.
  9. In your sign-up post, please include a line reflecting the fact that you have read and understand the rules. Your alt may not be considered eligible if your post does not contain this line.

Relevant Dates
(all times US Eastern time / GMT-4)

Week 1
START | April 2, 2019, at 12:00 am
END | April 8, 2019, at 11:59 pm

Week 2
START | April 9, 2019, at 12:00 am
END | April 15, 2019, at 11:59 pm

Week 3
START | April 16, 2019, at 12:00 am
END | April 22, 2019, at 11:59 pm

Qualifiers

Cycle 1

1. I want Atago to sit on me - 1825
2. Stratos - 1824
2. LightScreener - 1824
4. Yoda2798 - 1823
5. SMB - 1818

Cycle 2
1. Tman - 1846
2. Ezrael - 1837
2. Mr.GX - 1837
4. emforbes - 1833
4. The Idiot Ninja - 1833

Cycle 3
1. AuraRayquaza - 1871
2. Kiichikos - 1855
3. Clemens - 1819
4. YoBuddy - 1804
5. umbreon098 - 1799

Wild Card
n1n1 - 1791 in Cycle 3

Playoffs

Top 16
(1) AuraRayquaza
vs n1n1 (16)
(2) Kiichikos vs umbreon098 (15)
(3) Tman
vs YoBuddy (14)
(4) Mr.GX vs SMB (13)
(5) Ezrael vs Clemens (12)
(6) The Idiot Ninja
vs Yoda2798 (11)
(7) emforbes vs LightScreener (10)
(8) I want Atago to sit on me vs Stratos (9)

Top 8
(1) AuraRayquaza
vs Stratos (9)
(15) umbreon098 vs emforbes (7)
(3) Tman vs The Idiot Ninja (6)
(13) SMB
vs Clemens (12)

Top 4
(1) AuraRayquaza vs SMB (13)
(6) The Idiot Ninja vs emforbes (7)

Finals

(7) emforbes vs SMB (13)

CP Payouts

1st: 10 CP
2nd: 8 CP
3-4: 6 CP
5-8: 4 CP
9-16: 2 CP

That's it! Good luck to all of our participants, and may the best ladderer win!

Last edited:

MajorBowman

wouldst thou like to live fergaliciously?
is a Site Content Manager Alumnusis a Top Social Media Contributor Alumnusis a Senior Staff Member Alumnusis a Community Contributor Alumnusis a Top Tiering Contributor Alumnusis a Contributor Alumnusis a Dedicated Tournament Host Alumnusis a Battle Simulator Moderator Alumnus
The issue with the DOU Ladder on Pokemon Showdown is a little bit more involved than originally thought, so we will be postponing DLT one week while it gets fixed. In order to prevent any pre-laddering, the required nickname will change to a form to be announced at the new beginning of the tournament. All prior signups are void and this thread will remain locked until the tournament re-commences.

The OP has been updated with the correct dates and times for all 3 cycles. We apologize for the inconvenience.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 0)